MICHAEL JACKSON ART by ultrastjarna

wow :dropdead:
Pastels are so difficult to me! You don't seem to have any problems at all :clapping:

Last edited:
wow :dropdead:
Pastels are so difficult to me! You don't seem to have any problems at all :clapping:

they seemed difficult to me too, but they are so easy to blend, it's heaven! and I only have like 10 pencils to work with. you should be more persistent and use a dark pastel paper to work on.. you'll see it's a great medium that gives so much!

omg..you did it again !I'm so impressed by your work ! Great job. I just cant wait to start my own drawing because of you O_O

I'm glad that my work gives incentive to others to create! I've also found that on dA and mjart site from other great artists and their work and discovered a lot recently that I didn't know I could do!

but most of all I am grateful to Michael.. he's been a great inspiration. I haven't been drawing for years until recently, and Michael is all I can draw besides stuff I do for college - I enrolled graphic design studies last fall ;)

I'm glad that my work gives incentive to others to create! I've also found that on dA and mjart site from other great artists and their work and discovered a lot recently that I didn't know I could do!

but most of all I am grateful to Michael.. he's been a great inspiration. I haven't been drawing for years until recently, and Michael is all I can draw besides stuff I do for college - I enrolled graphic design studies last fall ;)

wow I didnt know there is a mjart website. Thank you ^^
DA was the one that got me into Photoshop again. Whenever they created a great piece of digital art, I felt that I didnt want to just look at it instead I wanted to create something like theirs. I really like David Nordahl's work. His drawings for Michael amazed me. One of his drawing for Michael surrounded by cupid was my inspiration in my recent wallpaper.

You really did a great job, stjarna. I am really impressed by your work, really. For traditional painting, I really dont know where to begin because I dont even know the basic materials for drawing. All I know is charcoal(pencil) and a piece of paper :no:

after digital I'm into pastel now.. two WIPs! and finished work coming soon ;)

Dirty_Diana_by_ultrastjarna.jpg
Scream_by_ultrastjarna.jpg

beautiful! I wish I could paint like that. :wub:

I am glad you all like them, it means so much.. drawing him the past year gave me some comfort.. and I'll keep on doing it..

Lovely_One_by_ultrastjarna.jpg
Michael_Jackson_BAD_tour_3_by_ultrastjarna.jpg

Whoa!! These are amazing..you are really great;)

glad you like it LoveMJackson! it's an amazing photo I love it very much and I drew it couple of times already ;)

aw thanks
onfire.gif
lol

here are few of my first digital drawings, but I like them. I've learned a lot while making them ;)

4cf0b48721309c5b5a06cadeb0d51834.jpg
Smooth_criminal_by_ultrastjarna.jpg

wow really nice work :)
Did you like scanned your drawings then shade them with photoshop ?

thanks! no, I draw from scratch in Photoshop with graphic tablet, it's same as traditional drawing, you have a pen and everything but you have a big collection of digital brushes and colors to use - so it's cheaper than traditional and you don't get mess to clean after ;)

this animation I made shows the process of drawing speeded up, but it takes me few hours to few days to finish one drawing, depending on amount of detail I draw..

making_of___by_ultrastjarna.gif

here are some screen capture of my photoshop studio, as I like to call it ;) in the process of drawing..
wip8_by_ultrastjarna.jpg
mj_wip_2_by_ultrastjarna.jpg
1dda612fdd6c4a3d21a668fece486dcc.jpg

wow..that is so complex ! Your digital drawing is even complex than digital graphic O_O I'm stunned ! I think it'll take me years to learn to draw like you. I have been looking for a tablet to start with. I have a project coming and I must draw a lot either from the pen tool or a tablet pen :doh: What I really like about your work is the shading. It's the best !

thanks :) that shading takes many layers but pays off in the end, the result is great.
tablet is great stuff, if you're into digital art you should definitively get one!

but even better is this cintiq, because the feeling is more natural when drawing, you apply the pressure directly to the surface of the monitor, but it costs a lot :(
wacom_cintiq-771814.jpg

but ordinary tablet is good too, you get used to it fast. I bought mine this January.. and since I draw almost every day and discover new things all the time.

thanks :) that shading takes many layers but pays off in the end, the result is great.
tablet is great stuff, if you're into digital art you should definitively get one!

but even better is this cintiq, because the feeling is more natural when drawing, you apply the pressure directly to the surface of the monitor, but it costs a lot :(
wacom_cintiq-771814.jpg

but ordinary tablet is good too, you get used to it fast. I bought mine this January.. and since I draw almost every day and discover new things all the time.

That is a very nice tablet. The cheapest I saw is around USD250++. I'll get one soon. It's very good that you could draw everyday. I dont really have that time since I'm not majoring in arts but I'll try since it's my hobby.I'm majoring in programming those kind of stuff :doh: It's not really my thing but it's ok. Thanks for all the advise !!:yes:

np just ask anything about D.A and I'll try to help you get started ;)
I've enrolled Graphic design studies last year and since I draw every day. before that I rarely drew for years 'cause I studied something else, but now I'm back on track ;)
as soon as you have more time to draw you'll see the progress fast because besides talent it takes also a lot of practice and experimenting. you sure have talent-your collages are great :)

Back