• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
The LMP thread is closed so:

Michael Jackson in Sunflower Heaven

Originally posted May 14th 2010 12:35 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
Lisa Marie Presley's prayers have been answered -- TMZ has learned a flower company is about to deliver a field's worth of sunflowers to Michael Jackson's burial site in Glendale, CA.

0513-michael-jackson-sunflowers-tmz-getty-ex.jpg

Jason Levin from sunflowerguy.com tells TMZ he's shipping several thousand sunflowers -- which were Michael's favorite -- to his mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery today.

Levin's donation follows Lisa Marie's MySpace posting Wednesday, complaining that Michael deserves more than the few bouquets, candles and gifts that currently surround his tomb.

Ask and you shall receive ... sunflowers.

nice gesture.

but honestly this sunflower thing has gone competely out of control! I hope that those who choose to bring Michael other flowers won't be frowned upon!!

That's very nice of them...I hope they get all the free publicity they deserve.

I will order father's day flowers for MJ from them...all Sunflowers & Lillies (my fave flowers)

Bobmoo79, no need to call yourself a sceptic...it is as clear as daylight they are doing it for publicity (just like those who went to TMZ yesterday did not have all pure intention).

But as you said, for the next 5 days he will be surrounded by his favorite flower.

Last edited:
The sceptic in me is angry that MJ is being used by somebody (AGAIN!) to gain publicity. :doh:

BUT on the other hand I'm happy that he will be surrounded by so many of his favourite flower. :clapping:

This guy didnt really need to send sunflowers to Michael, he did in a gesture of goodwill, yes prehaps he has promoted his company but this is earth we live on and everyone needs to make a living, besides do you realise how much this guy has spent on gettin a whole fields worth of sunflowers, proberly alot more than he will gain on the publicity he recieves from this story.... I wish I could send some sunflowers to Michael but I live in the UK and they will proberly be dead or dismantled by time they finally reach him where he is resting :(

^ Yeah, I agree with you. Besides, whatever the intentions, I'm just glad to know Michael will be enveloped by such beauty and brightness. It'll bring some joy to him (and everyone who visits), no doubt.

But did MJ really like sunflowers? He never mentioned it, he never showed any sign of it. I never found sunflowers in Neverland pictures. I thought he said he loved rose sometime. Just now LMP said MJ love sunflower, everyone just buy her words so quickly. I am just wonder, maybe she really like it, she had tried to persuade MJ to love it during their marriage, now she finally succeeded.

I truly believe that Lisa Marie is being honest in what she is and was saying about Michael after his death. We really do not know what happened between them. That was only their thing. Non of our bussines. Most of us had failed relationships or even marriages. Most of us were angry at our ex lovers, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses. Most of us said more or less bad things about them afterwards. The more passionate and loving the relationship the more angry and dissapointed we get when it is over. They were both famous, public people, so they made public statements. Lisa Marie did say bad things, but we do not know what she went through at the end of the day. I even think that she regrets saying them. I believe they loved each other and that both suffered for not being able to sort out things between them.
In my opinion the idea to send the flowers is a great one no matter where it is comming from.
I have already sent flowers, a beautiful bouquet with a sunflower in it.
You can just go to Forest Lawn website, clic on flowershop and follow the instructions. Flowers are taken to the burial site the same day if you do not chose another date. Prices are different, so everybody can choose,

Greetings from Sweden.

This is very sweet.

While I do believe LMP in saying MJ loved sunflowers, I certainly hope they don't become some sort of symbol representing MJ in any way.

I am still putting together what it is I want to send him. I'm thinking a mounted collage.

Months ago I thought about sending sunflowers (because they're my favorite) but changed my mind because I felt it was weird putting sunflowers at a cemetery, I don't think I've ever seen it before. I feel encouraged now that Lisa told us about sunflowers. I just wish it didn't make us look like we don't care :(

Fresh flowers get removed every 3 days?

That's much better! We can't have MJ's grave looking bare! I honestly think if his grave was in a more public place like Neverland where fans were given an 8 to 10 hour period everyday to come visit then it would be much more busy. Forest Lawn has all these rules and it's a maze to get in there which turns fans off.

nice gesture.

but honestly this sunflower thing has gone competely out of control! I hope that those who choose to bring Michael other flowers won't be frowned upon!!

Yeah because that's really likely to happen :doh:

Some of you are just so defensive about EVERY aspect of MJ. :scratch:

Why would other flowers be frowned upon? That will never happen.

I'm in Sunflower Heaven, also. :happy:

Last edited:
LOL!!!!!!!
I posted yesterday this would happen and it did!!!!
TMZ Does read our posts, no question!!
:toofunny:

This really is a beautiful thing this man is doing...who knows maybe he is a big Michael Jackson fan too and maybe this is his way of showing how much he to loves and misses Michael. Whatever the reason..and I do hope it is honorable...he deserves a :hug: from all us MJ fans. And a thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back