Michael Jackson monument will be installed in 30 cities!

Does anybody know who is financing this and who the organizers are? And how were they able to get the permits from those cities?

I was gonna write those same questions.

I wanna know who is behind this & who's footing the bill.

The website looks suspicious....And that donate link....

Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but I'm suspicious about this project. The website is amateurish to say the least. :mello:

Quoting their words:

Perhaps it is even better because you'll be able to participate in unprecedented project, and you also will be useful with your help and opinion on many things related to this project. It is not just about the site, the case is concerning also many offline aspects related to this complicated undertaking. So what are we going to do? You might have guessed what is meant here is installing monuments to Michael Joseph Jackson in all major cities of the world. But what is the problem we are going to impose on you? The major tasks that we assign to you include:

-Negotiating with the authorities. This is a very demanding job, which we will obviously perform ourselves, but if you have the possibility to assist us, we'll appreciate it.
We also need assistance in negotiations with the authorities to obtain permits, with the land owners, in the technical resources, interpretation.
If you are ready to become a representative of our project in your region, please, contact us.
We won't turn down any help.
That was posted on June 24. Could they possibly have gathered enough volunteers and got permits to install these monuments in 30 cities in two months? I find it hard to believe. IDK, all of that just sounds fishy to me. I hope this happens, (I even voted for one of the designs just for the fun of it) but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The website looks suspicious....And that donate link....

:agree:

Would have been awesome if there was one in melbourne

Here's the choices:

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg

I found it hard to choose between 3 & 4 but I went with number 3 :p Not gonna donate though because it does look a bit fraudulant.

ah none in the North of Ireland...oh well theres one in Southern Ireland yeahhy Dublin!!! :clapping:

Oslo, woah. I live 40 mins away.

Finding it hard to choose, though. Number one is the best IMO, but the one where he reaches his hand in the air is nice too. Toe stand was okay.

Yay @ NY!

But what about Gary, Indiana and California? Two places where MJ has a lot of history.

I'm a bit suspect about the website. It looks cheap and be wary of it. Something this big would at least have a propely designed website.

I'm a bit suspect about the website. It looks cheap and be wary of it. Something this big would at least have a propely designed website.
I was just about to say the very same thing.

Something ain't right with that website and the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the link was the word: DONATE. LOL!

I wonder how they are going to accomplish this project....

I'm sorry but it looks suspicious to me.
Mayby someone should look into it.

looks pretty fake to me.

I agree, but what a pity if no-one picks up this idea and runs with it...maybe AEG? Not intending to be London-centric, but this 'monument' would look good at the O2, maybe in a garden. Also, there is suposed to be a music and dance festival timed to co-incide with the London Olympics..it would be nice to have some 'mj related' events as part of that.

If this website was genuine, would they not provide full names and details of the project board, pictures of the lead people, evidence of links to the Estate etc.

looks like a we are the world type list to me. that's good. but the atmosphere does prove that MJ got his support where it counted. from the fans. otherwise, people are trying to take advantage of the fans with these projects.

I would love for this to happen. However, there are a lot of procedures to go through to have this implemented. Approvals for public space, public votes, funding, etc. The site doesn't go into these details so it's hard to believe it's true....

Back