Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

Michael on his dancing from the Jesse Jackson interview:

I never studied dancing before. It always became natural for me. Whenever I was little, any music would start, they couldn’t sit me down. They couldn’t tie me down actually. Even to this day, if anyone played a beat, I’ll start kicking in and making counter rhythms to the beat that I’m hearing. It’s just a natural instinct. I never studied. And Fred Astaire who was a good friend of mine, and Gene Kelly, they used to always marvel at my ability for dance. When I was a little kid, Fred Astaire used to always tell me how that he knew in his heart that I would be a special star. I used to just look at him thinking what are you talking about?

Michael on finding strength from the Jesse Jackson interview:

I gained strength from God. I believe in Jehovah God very much and ah, and I gain strength from the fact that I know I’m innocent. And I pray a lot and er, that’s how I deal with it and I’m a strong person, I’m a warrior. And I know what’s inside of me. I’m a fighter. But it’s very painful. At the end of the day, I’m human, you know, I’m still a human being. So it does hurt very, very, very much.

Michael on why he grabs his crotch from the Oprah interview:

Oprah: I have to ask you this, so many mothers in my audience have said to please ask you this question. Why do you grab your crotch?

Michael: (giggels) Why do I grab my crotch?

Oprah: You've got a thing with your crotch going on there.

Michael: I think it happens subliminally. When you're dancing, you know, you are just interpreting the music and the sounds and the accompaniment. If there's a driving base, if there's a chello, if there's a string, you become the emotion of what the sound is. So if I'm doing a movement and I go "Bam" and I grab myself it's...it's the music that compels me to do it. It's not that I'm saying that I'm dying to grab down there and it's not in a great place, you don't think about it, it just happens. Sometimes I'll look back at the footage and I go...and I go, "Did I do that?", so I'm a slave to the rhythm.

Last edited:

I know this really isn't a quote but I thought it was funny so I'll share it anyway. I was watching some deposition thingy against Marc Scaffel, and the lawyer asks Michael what he does to get extra money in 2006, and Michael just looks at him with a straight face and goes “the leasing of the cows” LMAO the lawyer was just like “by leasing…the…the…cows?” I knew he meant that people pay him money to put their cows on the property, but was just so funny the way he said it. “Oh, I just lease the cows” as if people are renting the cows out or something. And the Lawyer’s just like “So whenever you need cash to shop or whatever, comes from the cows?” and Mike’s like “Yep… believe it or not” It made me think... when Michael says he’s an innovator, he sure ain’t kidding! Where he comes up with this stuff, I have no idea. I mean, you can rent a car, house, computer, why not rent cows? Genius! I swear I was laughing out loud watching this deposition thing :lmao:

I know this really isn't a quote but I thought it was funny so I'll share it anyway. I was watching some deposition thingy against Marc Scaffel, and the lawyer asks Michael what he does to get extra money in 2006, and Michael just looks at him with a straight face and goes “the leasing of the cows” LMAO the lawyer was just like “by leasing…the…the…cows?” I knew he meant that people pay him money to put their cows on the property, but was just so funny the way he said it. “Oh, I just lease the cows” as if people are renting the cows out or something. And the Lawyer’s just like “So whenever you need cash to shop or whatever, comes from the cows?” and Mike’s like “Yep… believe it or not” It made me think... when Michael says he’s an innovator, he sure ain’t kidding! Where he comes up with this stuff, I have no idea. I mean, you can rent a car, house, computer, why not rent cows? Genius! I swear I was laughing out loud watching this deposition thing :lmao:

Yea, I know what you mean. But that is actually quite common for ranch owners to lease their cows to get money. He was in Neverland at the time so I can see how this was an option for him.

Michael: I think it happens subliminally. When you're dancing, you know, you are just interpreting the music and the sounds and the accompaniment. If there's a driving base, if there's a chello, if there's a string, you become the emotion of what the sound is. So if I'm doing a movement and I go "Bam" and I grab myself it's...it's the music that compels me to do it. It's not that I'm saying that I'm dying to grab down there and it's not in a great place, you don't think about it, it just happens. Sometimes I'll look back at the footage and I go...and I go, "Did I do that?", so I'm a slave to the rhythm.
HE SOUNDS SO FUNNY WHEN HE SAYS THAT. :toofunny: I love the face he pulls when he says "Did I do that"

Michael on why he grabs his crotch from the Oprah interview:

Oprah: I have to ask you this, so many mothers in my audience have said to please ask you this question. Why do you grab your crotch?

Michael: (giggels) Why do I grab my crotch?

Oprah: You've got a thing with your crotch going on there.

I was gonna post this one. Love it.

More quotes!
If you can't tell, I love quotes from my favorite artists.
I'm also sure some of them have been posted before, but what's the harm in re-posting them again.

"And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I'd see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead."

"Because I think every child star suffers through this period because you're not the cute and charming child that you were. You start to grow, and they want to keep you little forever."

"Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn't him. This is not him."
- i'm assuming this one is from the 60min. interview....not sure though...

"Elizabeth Taylor is gorgeous, beautiful, and she still is today, I'm crazy about her."
- a quote for all the recent hype on him visiting Ms. Taylor recently in a very "comfortable" attire.

hold on...a few more, but specifically from Moonwalker!

Michael:don't touch it!
Zeke: oh no michael you gotta help her.
Sean: what can he do.
Michael: he'll see what i can do...he'll see.

this one is the "young" Michael right after the "Badder" sequence.
Young Michael: Is Bubbles in my trailer?

Agent A: Yes sir.

Young Michael: What is he wearing?

Agent: A Prince t-shirt and red sneakers.

Young Michael: *Prince* t-shirt?

Michael: [a traffic cop points to a "No Moonwalking" sign] Me and my friend, Spike, we were just... But, my friend, he was just... Spike, he was just here...
Traffic Cop: [Hands him a ticket pad] I need your autograph right HERE.

And the almighty, best quote from the whole movie..........
[sings] daaaaah da da daaaaaah!

[after a wire sprays sparks and scares the kids]
Michael: [laughs] It's just a plug!
Zeke: Yeah, you jumped back too.

Re: ** Favourite Michael Jackson Quote - Lets hear it **

"I don't sing it, If I don't mean it"
The look on lil' Mike's face saying that...the way he said to the interviewer. Wow I was surprised by his maturity and couldn't get that segment out of my head for a while after watching the clip. Taught me he was a professional at such a young age.

I can't pick favorites cuz I love everything that's been posted and more. But here's one that wasn't posted.

Asked by the rumor that he was being suicidal (the Diane Sawyer interview with Lisa Marie Presely)
"I love life too much. I'm resilient."

Many non-fans don't seem to get it when it comes down to Mike's inner strength and true toughness. I've seen so many people suggesting he's "weak". They had to list his voice and sensitive personality as their grounds to come up with the idea. They just don't know.

Is there an audio version of the quote "I'd love to kick his ass moonwalk style"? LOVE to actually HEAR him say that!

Does anyone of you know an MJ Page with a collection of quotes from Mike? I know that there are some out there on the net but I have no concrete idea of where they are right now? Can you help me, please?

Thx!!

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work"

That's one quote I've unintentionally lived by all my life.

My favorite quote on Michael by someone else is from "Bob Geldolf".
This clip, 1:30 is the best part:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9c3zN87S_vo

Last edited:

Does anyone of you know an MJ Page with a collection of quotes from Mike? I know that there are some out there on the net but I have no concrete idea of where they are right now? Can you help me, please?

Thx!!

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an MJ page that does quotes. But there is the site allmichaeljackson.com that has many interviews that people have taken quotes from. So if you are looking for a specific quote and you know the interview or article it came from, I would say to there.

Hope that helps a little bit.

^^ hi, thx, for the idea. I don't look for a specific quote, no, I am just interested in Michaels words in general. Yes, the idea of going through the interviews came to my mind, too, but, I thought maybe there is a page with quotes sorted by certain topics, like on the first page of this thread.....hmmmmm. However, thx for your help :)

Thanks for the qoutes everyone, please post more sooooooon. :D

Sorry to sound like a broken record but...

Is there an audio version of the quote "I'd love to kick his ass moonwalk style"? LOVE to actually HEAR him say that! lol Thanx heaps :flowers:

^^ hi, thx, for the idea. I don't look for a specific quote, no, I am just interested in Michaels words in general. Yes, the idea of going through the interviews came to my mind, too, but, I thought maybe there is a page with quotes sorted by certain topics, like on the first page of this thread.....hmmmmm. However, thx for your help :)

Your welcome! Sorry, though that it's not much help. And I agree with you. I am always interested in what he has to say and his theories, interests, habits and whatnot. He is a man who has gone through a LOT, and been apart of so much. He's already completed a full life in many people's eyes. To get an insight into how his mind works and his thought processes is so interesting and, honestly, inspiring too.

Here's a quote from the Oxford University speech he made around 2001. It's his conclusion. I want to sift through the speech eventually, but it's sooo long that I don't have time for it now. But I want to gather some great quotes from that particular speech that stand out most.

Here is the ending

"From this day forward, may a new song be heard.
Let that new song be the sound of children laughing.
Let that new song be the sound of children playing.
Let that new song be the sound of children singing.
And let that new song be the sound of parents listening.
Together, let us create a symphony of hearts, marvelling at the miracle of our children and basking in the beauty of love.
Let us heal the world and blight its pain.
And may we all make beautiful music together.
God bless you, and I love you."

Is there an audio version of the quote "I'd love to kick his ass moonwalk style"?

As far as I know, I don't believe so, Tink. I know the interview took place, I believe, around 99 or 01, but it wasn't audio unfortunately.

^ Thank-you so much for replying hun :flowers:

found something on mjjackson.de

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Michael to a fan who congratulated him on "You rock my world"[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
"Thank you, but there will be better ones" [SIZE=-1]
Michael on the song "Childhood"
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"I really wish people would understand me some day. When I sing the words 'before you judge me, try hard to love me' I really mean that" [SIZE=-1]
Michael on his hometown, Gary, Indiana
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"Both mom and dad knew that music was a way of keeping the family together in a neigherbourhood where gangs recruited kids my brothers' ages." [SIZE=-1]
1970: Michael on interest from the press and fans
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"It was hard to have your life turn into public property, even if you appreciated that people were interested in you because of your music." [SIZE=-1]
Michael on influences
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"When I was young, the people I watched were the real showmen - James brown, Sammy Davis Jr., Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly. A great showman toches everybody." [SIZE=-1]
Michael on his love for ballads:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"A Michael Jackson album without a ballad is not a real Michael Jackson album" [SIZE=-1]
Michael on youthful artistic integrity
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"This was in 1972 when I was 14 years old. They wanted me to sing a certain way and I knew they were wrong. No matter what age you are, if you have it and you know it, people should listen to you." [SIZE=-1]
Michael after 'Off the wall'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"The next album has to be three times as great. I can't be just as good, because that would be a let-down. So I'll take my time and get it right." [SIZE=-1]
Michael on Diana Ross
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"She always tells me her most private secrets. That's the kind of relationship we have." [SIZE=-1]
Michael regarding rumours and speculations:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"If you don't hear it from me, it's not true" [SIZE=-1]
Michael on Tatum O' Neal
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"Ours developed into a real close relationship. I fell in love with her (and she with me) and we were very close for a long time. Eventually the relationship transcended into a good friendship." [SIZE=-1]
Michael on setting targets
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"I believe in doing better work. Just like the old saying:'You don't get older, you get better'." [SIZE=-1]
Michael on performing
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"I'm totally at home on stage. That's where I live. That's where I was born. That's where I'm safe." [SIZE=-1]
1993: Michael announcing the 'Dangerous World Tour'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
"The only reason I am going on tour is to raise funds for the newly formed 'Heal the world' foundation, an international children's charity, that I am spearheading to assist children and the ecology."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

One of my favorite MJ quotes is this one:

"I was a veteran before I was a teenager!"

hey can you all send me some of his quotes for me cause i'm making book of his sayying :yes: is true cause i'm bord :yes:

"I am very strong. I have rinoserous skin. nothing can hurt me--nothing." (paraphrased a bit i think..)

^^ does anyone know where this is from?? ^^ thank you!

(about the press and the rumors..i think. also paraphrased..)"you cant let it get to you..so its in the way i dance. in the music i do. its in the expression on my face. and it becomes a part of me. part of my creation. you cant let it get to you. because if you do, youll go crazy!"

Back