Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

"I am very strong. I have rinoserous skin. nothing can hurt me--nothing." (paraphrased a bit i think..)

^^ does anyone know where this is from?? ^^ thank you!

(about the press and the rumors..i think. also paraphrased..)"you cant let it get to you..so its in the way i dance. in the music i do. its in the expression on my face. and it becomes a part of me. part of my creation. you cant let it get to you. because if you do, youll go crazy!"

Just by the way Michael speaks, you can see how intelligent, wise, in touch with reality, caring, selfless, etc. he is. He's an AMAZING person.

From the Oprah Winfrey show: "If you hear a lie enough times, you start to believe it".

can someone please tell me where he said, "i have an idiot for a sister folks."

like, can you link me the interview if it's video? thankz

Last edited:

can someone please tell me where he said, "i have an idiot for a sister folks."

like, can you link me the interview if it's video? thankz

This quote comes from the Unauthorised interview in 1984. Michael's referring to Latoya when he says it. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

EDIT: Found it. It starts at 2.09

Michael: What else do you wanna do....some of your dreams?

Latoya: No... Oh, dreams in life?

Michael: Yes :smilerolleyes:

Latoya: I thought you meant those terrible dreams I had!

Michael: :lol: I got an idiot for a sister folks

Last edited:

hey :waving:
can some of you send me pm of soem of good and amzing MJ Quotes cause i'm going to make my own shirts :yes:

This quote comes from the Unauthorised interview in 1984. Michael's referring to Latoya when he says it. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

EDIT: Found it. It starts at 2.09

Michael: What else do you wanna do....some of your dreams?

Latoya: No... Oh, dreams in life?

Michael: Yes :smilerolleyes:

Latoya: I thought you meant those terrible dreams I had!

Michael: :lol: I got an idiot for a sister folks

ive only seen parts of that..thanks soo much! hes just so cute! :wub:

Here's a few quotes from Jet magazine back in '79 I thought were really cool.

"I'm going to raise my hand (to God) on this one," he lit up like a light. "I always thought that Blacks, as far as artistry, were the most talented race on earth. But when I went to Africa, I was even more convinced. They do incredible things over there….They got the beats and the rhythm. I really see where drums come from. It makes you think that all Blacks have rhythm….I don't want the Blacks to ever forget that this is where we come from and where our music comes from. And if we forget, it (Black history) would really get lost. I want us to remember."

"I love to read. I wish I could advise more people to read. There's a whole new world in books. If you can't afford to travel, you travel mentally through reading. You can see anything and go anyplace you want to in reading."

"That (racism) is the only thing I hate. I really do. And that's why I try to write, put it in songs, put it in dance, put it in my art-to teach the world. If politicians can't do it, poets should put it in poetry and writers should put it in novels. That's what we have to do and I think it's so important to save the world."

"As corny as it sounds, natural highs are the greatest highs in the world. The stars, the mountains, children, babies smiling are just magic," he happily beamed.

HAHAHAHA HIS VOICE WHEN HE SAYS "I got an idiot for a sister folks" EVERYTIME I watch the Unauthorized intrview I fall in love with him even more (if that's possible :p lol) I love when he says "Your voice is very irritating" to Latoya hahaha.

"I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen. And that is their mission to do that thing. And I think that I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I'm committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that it's music. You've heard the expression, music of the spheres? Well, that's a very literal phrase. In the Gospels, we read, "And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." That breath of life to me is the music of life and it permeates every fiber of creation. In one of the pieces of the Dangerous album, I say: “Life songs of ages, throbbing in my blood, have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood." This is a very literal statement, because the same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, it's rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of the divine union through my music and my dance. It's like, my purpose, it's what I'm here for."

-Michael Jackson, 1992

OMG its string theory, just made prettyful!

Please explain what string theory is and how it is connected to what Michael said, this sounds very interesting :)

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work"

That's one quote I've unintentionally lived by all my life.

My favorite quote on Michael by someone else is from "Bob Geldolf".
This clip, 1:30 is the best part:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9c3zN87S_vo

I just love that quote from Bob Geldof!!! I think it is one of the most amazing things ever said about Michael.

"I am very strong. I have rinoserous skin. nothing can hurt me--nothing." (paraphrased a bit i think..)

^^ does anyone know where this is from?? ^^ thank you!

(about the press and the rumors..i think. also paraphrased..)"you cant let it get to you..so its in the way i dance. in the music i do. its in the expression on my face. and it becomes a part of me. part of my creation. you cant let it get to you. because if you do, youll go crazy!"

Please explain what string theory is and how it is connected to what Michael said, this sounds very interesting :)

String Theory is the theory in physics that at a level smaller than atoms, that the electrons etc are made of vibrating strings, in a round shape.

I love this one >>

"Just because it's in print don't mean it's gospel...."

"I'm going to raise my hand (to God) on this one," he lit up like a light. "I always thought that Blacks, as far as artistry, were the most talented race on earth. But when I went to Africa, I was even more convinced. They do incredible things over there….They got the beats and the rhythm. I really see where drums come from. It makes you think that all Blacks have rhythm….I don't want the Blacks to ever forget that this is where we come from and where our music comes from. And if we forget, it (Black history) would really get lost. I want us to remember."

"I love to read. I wish I could advise more people to read. There's a whole new world in books. If you can't afford to travel, you travel mentally through reading. You can see anything and go anyplace you want to in reading."

"That (racism) is the only thing I hate. I really do. And that's why I try to write, put it in songs, put it in dance, put it in my art-to teach the world. If politicians can't do it, poets should put it in poetry and writers should put it in novels. That's what we have to do and I think it's so important to save the world."

"As corny as it sounds, natural highs are the greatest highs in the world. The stars, the mountains, children, babies smiling are just magic," he happily beamed.

ooooooh, I looove this interview. He said so many things where I was just saying "Yeah!! tell em!!" lol. He's so bright and intelligent and ppl don't take the time to get to know that. The things he says sometimes are just beautiful.

Omg, Michael says such beautiful things all the time.
All the things he is saying... He could make a song out of it :wub:

i like the stuff he said when he was talking to latoya at havenhurt in the thriller days

michael: ever been to europe..aint it nice..i love it..where were you born..other woman: ::somewhere::germany. michael: ::acting like hes whispering::eek:oooh wish i could say that...hehehe im from indiana!

michael: shes what?

latoya: half indian

michael: east indian or american indian?.......EAST INDIAN! okay thats where i like it...im..im shes knows im a big fan of east indians...HEY BILL! who are my people ?

Bill: who are your people?

Michael: what what ..no what race i really like?

Bill: indian ::blah blahsomething

Michael: indian see....pointing at him. ::happy smile ...::...east indian..i think their really beautiful..the darker they are..the more beautiful.''

latoya: screaming over michael ear :::::::bill can you close that door

michael : your voice is very irritating.

latoya: has Bill been here the entire time?
michael: he thinks hes directing this piece..hey your not directing this''

michael: anyway what else would you like to say..some of your dreams

latoya: nooo..oh my dreams in life?

michael: talks deeper::::rolling his eyes:: yess.

latoya: oh i thought those terrible dreams i have

michael: no..i have an idiot for a sister folks

guess that was his groucho marks impression :sideways:

"Sadly, sadly, we live in a state of fear. Everyday we hear of war on the news, on the radio and television and the newspapers, always of war.

We hear of nations hurting each other, of neighbours hurting each other, of families hurting each other and the children killing each other.

We must learn to live and love each other before it's too late. We have to stop! We have to stop the prejudice, we have to stop the hating, we have to stop living in fear of our own neighbours." - MJ 4th june, 2002giving a speech in Africa

i like the stuff he said when he was talking to latoya at havenhurt in the thriller days

michael: ever been to europe..aint it nice..i love it..where were you born..other woman: ::somewhere::germany. michael: ::acting like hes whispering::eek:oooh wish i could say that...hehehe im from indiana!

michael: shes what?

latoya: half indian

michael: east indian or american indian?.......EAST INDIAN! okay thats where i like it...im..im shes knows im a big fan of east indians...HEY BILL! who are my people ?

Bill: who are your people?

Michael: what what ..no what race i really like?

Bill: indian ::blah blahsomething

Michael: indian see....pointing at him. ::happy smile ...::...east indian..i think their really beautiful..the darker they are..the more beautiful.''

latoya: screaming over michael ear :::::::bill can you close that door

michael : your voice is very irritating.

latoya: has Bill been here the entire time?
michael: he thinks hes directing this piece..hey your not directing this''

michael: anyway what else would you like to say..some of your dreams

latoya: nooo..oh my dreams in life?

michael: talks deeper::::rolling his eyes:: yess.

latoya: oh i thought those terrible dreams i have

michael: no..i have an idiot for a sister folks

guess that was his groucho marks impression :sideways:

I just LOVE this video so much :wub: its on youtube somewhere...Mike is soo adorable! ^_^

Latoya: "I want to be where you are."

"what? why?"

"youve done so much!"

"what? no i havent. i havent done anything!"

something like that. I LOVE that! :D

Yes, I´ve also watched that video. I don´t remember who is the interviewer - it was a woman. Sadly the quality of the video is bad. You can hardly hear the voices because of the fountain.
I love that interview. Michael was very happy at this time.

yeh it was a funny sweet video :)
I love the "i have a idiot for a sister here folks"...shows hes got a funny sense of humor lol

All these moving words.......:yes: Thanx a lot Ivorykeys.

He feels full of cultural pride as a black man. Besides the quotes above, he seems to be sincerely excited when talkin about Africa.

Makes me sad and mad when people like Katt Williams don't know anything about this mentality of MJ and run his damn mouth just to try to be funny:smilerolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can find a transcript of the Ebony interview in 2007? I would really appreciate it. I'm kicking myself in the arse for never getting a hold of the magazine.

And you're welcome Helena! I know, I can't watch Katt Williams too much because of what he says about Michael. He just goes waaaay too far. So far that it's clearly not funny...or true!

I don't have time right now to type out the transcript, but here are the article scans:
2007ebony1.jpg

2007ebony2.jpg

2007ebony3.jpg

2007ebony4.jpg

2007ebony5.jpg

2007ebony6.jpg

2007ebony7.jpg

2007ebony8.jpg

2007ebony9.jpg

2007ebony10.jpg

2007ebony11.jpg

Back