Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

I have one quote from Michael that always spins in my mind more than any other. I think he said it sometime in 2001, maybe after the Bashir thing came out. I might be wrong, but I remember him going to Taco Bell or something and he was chatting to the young people who worked there. Someone asked him what advice he would give for young people starting out with their studies/careers and he said something like: "Be the best...not second best or third, but be the best at what you choose to do..."

I remember this story. I think it was a fan on one of the sites that worked at Taco Bell. He came to one of the fan sites (I think it was MJNO) and told everybody about how he met Michael. He was talking to Michael about whether he should drop out of school or something like that and Michael told him something really nice and I think the guy decided to take Michael's advice, but I can't remember what he said :no:. I wish I saved that post! It was such a nice story :yes:

I love the whole world of dance, because dancing is really the emotions through bodily movement. And however you feel, you just bring out that inner feeling through your mood. A lot of people don't think about the importance of it, but there's a whole psychological thing to just letting loose. Dancing is important, like laughing, to back off tension. Escapism...it's great.

"I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen. And that is their mission to do that thing. And I think that I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I'm committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that it's music. You've heard the expression, music of the spheres? Well, that's a very literal phrase. In the Gospels, we read, "And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." That breath of life to me is the music of life and it permeates every fiber of creation. In one of the pieces of the Dangerous album, I say: “Life songs of ages, throbbing in my blood, have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood." This is a very literal statement, because the same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, it's rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of the divine union through my music and my dance. It's like, my purpose, it's what I'm here for."

-Michael Jackson, 1992

OMG its string theory, just made prettyful!

** Favourite Michael Jackson Quote - Lets hear it **

Hi out there guys/gals

Well, lets hear your favourite MJ quote, statement or something like that.

Personally i love ( and i have it printed on my shirt ) the line from the song You Are My Life

" Love is the answer, to all that I am "

God, it is so cool ^^

Lets hear yours :)

Re: ** Favourite Michael Jackson Quote - Lets hear it **

"i´m peter pan!" :)

That's my FAVORITE one so far :lol: Classic, simply classic.

Or this one from the Gold Magazine in London:
[SIZE=-1]GG: If you were invisible for a day in London, what would you do?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MJ: Oh boy. Who would I like to slap? Let me see {laughs]... I think I'd find one of the tabloid paparazzis and kick his ass, moonwalk style. I'd really like to knock them off one of those little scooters they ride around on, I really would, knock the cameras right out of their hands. They're so annoying. I'd go for them first, yeah. They drive you nuts. You can't get away from them. It's terrible.

hehehehe i love that man lol
[/SIZE]

MJ is funny!!! kick their ass moonwalk style!!!

did he really say ass in that interview?

„A lot of people don’t believe in God. Science is so silly sometimes. The sun has been up there for ages and ages. What holds it up? I don’t care how many scientific explanations they give me, it ain’t deep enough."

i read this quote in 1996, this was from a book about Michael Jackson back in 1984, ill search the book title...

Last edited:

“I was a veteran, before I was a teenager.”

"But they told me a man should be faithful and walk when not able, and fight till the end but I'm only human"

i read this quote in 1996, this was from a book about Michael Jackson back in 1984, ill search the book title...

I didnt know it came from a book! If you ever find out which, please let us know!!!!! :yes: thanks

Last edited:
Favorite Michael Jackson quotes

Post your favorites quotes from MJ.

Here's mine

Interviewer: ''Ok can we do that again but without all the negetivity like saying you don't like to tour''
Michael: ''I don't like it though''
Interviewer: ''Yeah but...
Michael: ''I go through hell touring''
Interviwer: ''But could you''
Michael: ''Ok i'll get postitive then, but you know the truth''
Interviwer: ''Yeah, and action Michael''
Michael: *Being deadly serious* ''I Love to tour''

Re: Favorite Michael Jackson quotes

I posted it elsewhere a while back, but my favorite is when he said "Black people are called colored people because we come in all colors".

Yeah, I had a thread about this awhile ago. Not too extremely long ago. I wonder if any of the mods could merge the threads together.

currently in tune with all sorts of quotes from the recent Ebony interview.

Yeah, I had a thread about this awhile ago. Not too extremely long ago. I wonder if any of the mods could merge the threads together.

You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone! I feel like I can stay on this thread for hours.

ilovemjj4ever said:
MICHAEL ON STRANGE SIGHTS:
“Ever since I was young I`ve been surrounded by strange sights. Like fans ripping off their coats and standing nude in front of me, and being sent letters with every kind of suggestion in them. You wouldn`t believe some of the things I saw at the early age. One of the worst memories, which I`ll never erase, is of a stripper who played in the same club as we did when I was 6. She was called Rose Marie. After she had taken everything off, she pushed her costume into the faces of the audience. It was disgusting. By the time I reached my teens I guess I`d been exposed to most grown-up things.”

MICHAEL ON FRIENDSHIP:
“I have a lot of trouble with friendships because I`ve spent so much of my life on stage. I don`t always trust myself with regular people, so to speak. My idea of your average person is someone in the crowd who`s running towards me trying to get my autograph or tear my clothes off. I hate to admit it , but I feel strange around everyday people. See, my whole life has been on stage and the impression I get of people is applause, standing ovations and running after you. I am a very sensitive person with very vulnerable feelings. It`s hard for me to make friends. When people want to know me , I become suspicious.”
Ohohohoh..........:( I feel so sad for him....so so sad......can't put it better..and these quotes got me wonderin why some people wouldn't try to understand him better rather than calling him all those crazy names:doh:YOU could put yourself in his shoes and open your mind to peek through the different life he's lived, you'd see a lot of things you've never imagined to see for yourself. You would NEVA reach the full understanding cuz you're not him, tho. I know his fans are the ones who have tried it, unlike others. I guess some haters would never step out of their own world and never make any attempt to hear him speaking on his life the way it is.

Last edited:

Thanks everyone! I feel like I can stay on this thread for hours.

Ohohohoh..........:( I feel so sad for him....so so sad......can't put it better..and these quotes got me wonderin why some people wouldn't try to understand him better rather than calling him all those crazy names:doh:YOU could put yourself in his shoes and open your mind to peek through the different life he's lived, you'd see a lot of things you've never imagined to see for yourself. You would NEVA reach the full understanding cuz you're not him, tho. I know his fans are the ones who have tried it, unlike others. I guess some haters would never step out of their own world and never make any attempt to hear him speaking on his life the way it is.

Yeah, no kidding. People just have to put themselves in his shoes...just like the song I wrote!

Anyway, I am loving this thread. The things he says are so deep...

MJ: I'm a gentleman.

Oprah: So that means..

MJ: So I'm a gentleman. That's something that's private, shouldn't be talked about openly. You can call me old-fashioned, but that's how I feel. So I'm a gentleman.

Right on, Michael, you tell 'em!

Reading this thread makes me realise how much I love Michael. :wub:

I wish I had the magazine and could quote it directly but I almost remember it verbatum so I'll put quote around it but just know its a slight paraphrase eg., i don't recall whether he used the example of a leaf or a butterfly so I'll say leaf

"people think getting down on your knees and praying is the only way to talk to God. I talk to God all the time even on the airplane and you can talk to him about even the smallest of things like I'll see a leaf and say, God that is such an amazing leaf!"

This (me talking now lol) is a practice that changed my life because the Creator is clearly seen in even the smallest (and obviously grandest) of creations ..

he also said that he always asks God to show him the way and that he read the bible every day

These were in the (I believe it was) 1980 Ebony magazine

Last edited:

I wish I had the magazine and could quote it directly but I almost remember it verbatum so I'll put quote around it but just know its a slight paraphrase eg., i don't recall whether he used the example of a leaf or a butterfly so I'll say leaf

"people think getting down on your knees and praying is the only way to talk to God. I talk to God all the time even on the airplane and you can talk to him about even the smallest of things like I'll see a leaf and say, God that is such an amazing leaf!"

This (me talking now lol) is a practice that changed my life because the Creator is clearly seen in even the smallest (and obviously grandest) of creations ..

he also said that he always asks God to show him the way and that he read the bible every day

These were in the (I believe it was) 1980 Ebony magazine

That's wonderful STATEofSHOCK! And you are absolutely right!

MJ: I'm a gentleman.

Oprah: So that means..

MJ: So I'm a gentleman. That's something that's private, shouldn't be talked about openly. You can call me old-fashioned, but that's how I feel. So I'm a gentleman.

Right on, Michael, you tell 'em!

WOW...I :wub: this quote by MJ!!!He sure is.

Back