Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' KINECT FOOTAGE - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

I am sooooooooo insanely excited for this! Best product of the year! :wild:

I haven't (tried) dancing ever since i was a 5 to 10 year old little boy, i used to love to dance to Mike's music on my own and try to make my moves like his, but all that faded away. Not much of a dancer at all anymore. However, in december i'm going to a friends house, and all my other friends will be there too. He has Kinect with Dance Central and i'm definitely gonna try that out. Who knows...i might start enjoying it again, even though most of the music is shit on Dance Central.

This could spark alot of interest in the MJ Experience for Kinect for next year, who knows. I just hope they don't mess it up. There's SO little gameplay footage of the Kinect version, i don't get it.

I understand that they try to keep it mainstream for alot of people, but i see so many moves being performed way too many times, that's just not Michael to me at all. But i do understand it...i'm just very strict with these things, for myself.

I understand that they try to keep it mainstream for alot of people, but i see so many moves being performed way too many times, that's just not Michael to me at all. But i do understand it...i'm just very strict with these things, for myself.

ubisoft games are like that, just dance and just dance 2 is like this and makes it alot easier to play the game...

This is why it would be nice if they had various difficulties. Sure, keep the casual stuff for some, and use the actual choreography for others. Who wouldn't get a kick out of learning the exact moves without having to hit rewind over and over again (as I did growing up).

I understand why they did it...its just very frustrating to me and it makes the whole thing silly. I thought the kinect version would have been more true to the routines...but it appears to miss key steps as well.

I was very excited about this game...now...not so much. To me an "experience" is all...not some.

Does someone have the footage of "Money"??

Ok, so do we know if there are levels of difficulty on ANY of the versions for this game? I'd love it if there were advanced/hard levels that do the EXACT choreography of each dance....That would be ultimate :wild:

they just aired a commercial for this game during the part 1 episode of the Dancing With The Stars finale!

looked great in HD!

-Dal

they just aired a commercial for this game during the part 1 episode of the Dancing With The Stars finale!

looked great in HD!

-Dal

Where?
In USA???

Just got back from Walmart and surprisingly I was the only person there.Would like to give impressions but the kids are sleep so i have to wait to play till tomorrow , but I can tell you that the glove does come with the walmart copy aswell as APOM, and I didnt preorder

254x3s9.jpg

2js26q.jpg

2ekjgxu.jpg

Ok, so do we know if there are levels of difficulty on ANY of the versions for this game? I'd love it if there were advanced/hard levels that do the EXACT choreography of each dance....That would be ultimate :wild:

Nope I dont see any way to change the difficulty, each song has its on difficulty,looks like we'll have to wait for the kinect version maybe.

I really can't wait for this now it seems that a lot of great work has gone into this! :) but like everyone else I suppose I really think the XBOX 360 Kinnect version is gonna wipe the floor with all the other versions!

I really can't wait for this now it seems that a lot of great work has gone into this! :) but like everyone else I suppose I really think the XBOX 360 Kinnect version is gonna wipe the floor with all the other versions!

Not if you are mike!
I really hope the Kinect version is like the Wii's, but better and graphical enhanced :)
I want want to see MJ on the screen and not myself ;(
Pleaaase Ubi!

Can't wait to have it!! :woohoo:

i cant wait to get this game!!!! cant WAIT to play tdcau, wbss, ghosts and remember!

I also want to get that game for my Wii. But I doubt I am ever going to play it. Because dancing is something that I don't do. I am just not interested or really in to it. I just want it as a part of my MJ collection. Just like my Moonwalker video game that I have.

im glad travis is doing it....his worked with mj...mj has trained him and they have done co choeography togethor for this is it... I prefer him than some impersonator!

The King of Pop might have passed on, but this week gamers can celebrate his legacy in the best way they know how: hopelessly trying to keep up with his most epic dances.
Ubisoft's Michael Jackson The Experience is out now for the Wii, DS and PSP (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are coming next year), and while it doesn't rewrite the dance game genre, it certainly looks like a thriller for fans. Check out the debut trailer, which we will not stop playing 'til we get enough:

Thought it's a little weird watching a Jackson doppelganger bust out his legendary moves, the trailer serves as an immediate reminder that, when all is said and done, Michael was simply one of the best dancers anywhere, ever. It also looks curiously similar to Ubisoft's chart-topping Just Dance series, which proved to be a serious hit.
The Experience hopes to best that franchise's success by cramming it to the gills with Michael Jackson goodness. The game features 26 of his biggest hits, from classics like "Workin' Day and Night," "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" to later songs like "Remember the Time"' and "Heal the World." Like Just Dance, you simply hold the Wii remote in your hand and mirror Jackson's steps (does that make you the Man in the Mirror?), which, based on MJ's incredible skills, is bound to be far easier said than done.
While Jackson's love of gaming was hardly a secret, The Experience marks the first "official" Michael Jackson video game since 1989's ill-fated Moonwalker. Based on his short film of the same name, the game -- which was either awesome or terrible, depending on who you ask -- is nearly as iconic as its star.
It's been a particularly busy time for burgeoning dance game genre. Ubisoft's own Just Dance 2 released for the Wii last month, while MTV's Dance Central has been lauded as the best launch title for Microsoft's Kinect sensor. Another Michael Jackson game, the virtual world Planet Michael, is due out next year.

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/205-michael-jackson-returns-to-gaming-in-the-experience

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES
MICHAEL JACKSON THE EXPERIENCE VIDEO GAME
AVAILABLE NOW

Full Track List Revealed; Special Edition Glove Included in Initial Wii™ Release, Available While Supplies Last

SAN FRANCISCO – November 23, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced that Michael Jackson The Experience for the Wii™ system from Nintendo, the Nintendo DS™ family of hand-held systems and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system is now available in North America and will hit the EMEA store shelves on November 25th (November 26th in the UK). Michael Jackson The Experience for Wii makes learning to dance like the ultimate pop icon fun and accessible for everyone. With multiplayer mode on Wii, fans are never alone – up to four players can get in on the performance and everyone is able to sing with Michael Jackson using the on-screen lyrics. Rated E10+ by the ESRB, Michael Jackson The Experience for Wii™ has an MSRP of $49.99 and $29.99 for Nintendo DS and PSP system.

“Michael Jackson’s artistic legacy influenced countless fans around the globe,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. “Michael Jackson The Experience gives the fans who have always dreamed of dancing like the King of Pop the unique opportunity to learn his awe-inspiring dance routines and signature moves as they groove to his greatest hits.”

Also today, Ubisoft revealed the full Michael Jackson The Experience track list:
• Bad
• Beat It
• Billie Jean
• Black or White
• Dirty Diana
• Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
• Earth Song
• Ghosts
• Heal the World
• In The Closet
• Leave Me Alone
• Money
• Remember the Time
• Rock with You
• Smooth Criminal
• Speed Demon
• Streetwalker
• Sunset Driver
• The Girl Is Mine
• The Way You Make Me Feel
• They Don’t Care About Us
• Thriller
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
• Who Is It
• Will You Be There
• Workin' Day and Night
• In addition, “Another Part of Me” will be offered as an exclusive Walmart track

A special edition glove, reminiscent of the iconic glove worn by the legendary Michael Jackson during his most memorable performances, is available while supplies last and further enhances the magic felt by the King of Pop’s fans as they learn the dance steps that take them through the environments inspired by his ground-breaking music videos and stage performances. For those seeking the ultimate challenge of learning Michael Jackson’s performances step-by-step, the MJ Dance School offers a real dancer to teach the routines.

The game is also available to pre-order for Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®Move motion controller for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, both scheduled for release in early 2011.

For more on Michael Jackson The Experience, fans can join the official Facebook® page at: http://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonTheExperience.

I just got an e-mail from Game saying that my game has been dispatched...OMFG!!!! :O

Michael was simply one of the best dancers anywhere, ever

Got the game and glove. The game is ok I dont think it catches your movements that good or maybe im not doing it right.... the MJ on the screen is awesome

and I must say I had a blast playing speed demon dancing against that rabbit

The glove is great to

I haven't ordered mine yet! I will do it Friday, I hope the one with the glove and another part of me will still be available!? :(

OK...I just played it a bit...the game is hard.

So far, Streetwalker & Smooth criminal are my favourites.

I am taking a long break.because don't kid yourselves, this is a real workout.

I look forward to doing BJ, BI, Thriller & Ghosts.

BTW, The girl is mine is hilarious...very un-MJ. Maybe MJ from the Jackson 5 days...but definitely, not solo MJ.

I ordered mine and it hasn't come yet.... -_______________________-

Back