Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen Michael live in concert, but, I must say, I am excited to watch this as well.

i envy you, but i gotta say.. if they expand on this idea, then hopefully fans who didn't experience what you did will get a real life projection all over the world in the future :) will be a touch of closure for the younger generation of the army of love.

they have taken 3 years to create this spectacle, that was done with extreme love/care and attention to detail! it is taken from newly unearthed footage of the recording sessions for slave to the rhythm, Michael was singing & dancing full out apparently! it will appear as though he is still alive, for those 4 minutes.. my mind will constantly be blown, it'll be stunning, less than 15 hours to go.

Will you ever stop making overly dramatic posts? They said it took to two years not three. How can your mind be constantly blown that doesn't make sense, people normally articulate that sort of phrase as "my mind was blown" or "my mind will be blown".

well here's the 1990 mike

after-being-honored-by-the-museum-of-children-as-the-entertainer-of-the-decade-president-george-bush-personally-congratulates-michael-at-the-white-house(50)-m-7.jpg

Yes, still looks just like the bad era

Will you ever stop making overly dramatic posts? They said it took to two years not three. How can your mind be constantly blown that doesn't make sense, people normally articulate that sort of phrase as "my mind was blown" or "my mind will be blown".

Ugh. Why so irritated? Nothing wrong with what Zakk said. He's just a bit enthusiastic. :D

Dilan;4007909 said:
Will you ever stop making overly dramatic posts? .

Well to be correct.

“It was two years in development and took an additional six months to create for this network premiere,” I was told. “This is way, way beyond a hologram. It is way, way beyond what you know as 3D. This isn’t even digital. It is far more advanced and a totally new process.”

Ugh. Why so irritated? Nothing wrong with what Zakk said. He's just a bit enthusiastic. :D

exactly, annoyed me to be quite honest.. i'm hyped over this premiere.. gonna need a lot of caffeine to stay awake tonight though.

Tygger;4007755 said:
This is not the popular view however; this is a discussion board so, I will say how I feel.

This ideal that some can suspend belief that Michael is somehow performing on Billboard is fine for those who can do so. I congratulate you.

For myself and I dare say others … there seem to be no words. Michael died preparing for TII and yet there are thoughts of continuing the tour anyway with this technology and making music videos. Michael can continue performing for others’ entertainment as if he never left.

When does this man get to rest?!

This technology may satisfy those that want a professional, iconic, Michael Jackson but, no technology is going to bring the man back to do what he did best: being a father, being a son, being a brother, being an uncle, etc. I guess anyone who wants him back in a personal matter will have to continue to suffer the lost.

They are happy with his money trust me. They were not receiving half the amounts they are receiving now when he was alive. At least before his death no one heard of family vacation every couple of months.

Last edited:
Soundmind, speak that hatred to others. It has absolutely no value to me.

Annita;4007948 said:
Well to be correct.

“It was two years in development and took an additional six months to create for this network premiere,” I was told. “This is way, way beyond a hologram. It is way, way beyond what you know as 3D. This isn’t even digital. It is far more advanced and a totally new process.”

This is what scary me. I will be watch tonight i don't know what my reaction will be.

I understand that some are uncomfortable with this, but I think some people were also uncomfortable when photography and film first appeared. I do not delude myself into thinking it really is Michael being resurrected, but I'm interested in it. I just view it as a new technology, like once photo was or film was. Now, it's the next step. If we can accept it for what it is, then I think we can enjoy it.

I have no idea about what Michael would think about it, nor does anyone else. But I know he loved showbiz, illusion, magic tricks. I consider a hologram like this simply an illusion and a magic trick.

I understand that some are uncomfortable with this, but I think some people were also uncomfortable when photography and film first appeared. I do not delude myself into thinking it really is Michael being resurrected, but I'm interested in it. I just view it as a new technology, like once photo was or film was. Now, it's the next step. If we can accept it for what it is, then I think we can enjoy it.

I have no idea about what Michael would think about it, nor does anyone else. But I know he loved showbiz, illusion, magic tricks. I consider a hologram like this simply an illusion and a magic trick.

Very good point.

People used to think that, in being photographed, your soul could be stolen from you! :busted:

Perhaps these people were related to some on here? :cheeky:

who else has there box of tissues on stand by for tonight? i cried my eyes out seeing this is it... but this is on a whole-nother level... i have to stay strong, but it'll be hard, most of all.. it's a celebration.. and a perfect one at that.

Help, what time is it on in Irish time???????
I'm absolutely hopeless with those silly time difference thingys:(

Thanks very much.
Hopefully somebody records MJ part and put it on youtube so people who cannot watch it can see it later.

Thanks very much.
Hopefully somebody records MJ part and put it on youtube so people who cannot watch it can see it later.

personally, i think this hologram performance should be the official short film for this new album.. the hard work put into it, the significance.. will top anything that's been released posthumously thus far

I see your point, but I think you can only make the comparison to film and photography when this is a projection (or whatever the technology is that they've developed) of something that was originally captured. The main issue I personally don't feel comfortable with is creative: the fact that 'MJ' is being made to perform a song he never performed. It's not the same as playing old footage in a new way imo, it's creating something new. It would be different for me if they'd, for instance, made a hologram of the Motown 25 performance and present that in its original form. The latest reports do seem to suggest that they used some original footage, but I wonder to what extent they could have. How does one go from some footage of MJ recording Slave to the Rhythm in a studio to a virtual project giving, apparently, a full-out performance of the song? We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess!

Besides that, I do think the use of holograms/projections of deceased artists, even more so now that they are becoming increasingly realistic, touches upon some interesting, more general philosophical questions. But I don't have a clear opinion on those one way or the other. Interesting to think about though.

Very good point.

People used to think that, in being photographed, your soul could be stolen from you! :busted:

Perhaps these people were related to some on here? :cheeky:
Of course you had to throw in an insult again to anyone with a different opinion than you.

Thanks very much.
I'm sure it will, the Billboard Awards are a big event and there's plenty of hype surrounding this new MJ technology. Will be interesting to see if any amateur footage from people who attend also pops up.

What does it matter to you that he is excited about this? It's what he feels, and so do others here. This is the most exciting Michael Jackson event to happen in YEARS. Can't you just skip his post without a personal attack? Why be a killjoy?

Carry on Zakk.:D You are in good company.

The fact that Michael noted that he wanted to be immortal says enough about what he would think of a 'virtual Michael'.

This is getting pretty exciting! :woohoo:

I'm vacationing in the Caribbean right now, but I still won't miss this! :D

Last edited:
Just over 8 hours to go until Michael's hologram performs the 1991 recording 'Slave To The Rhythm' filmed by L.A Reid, newly unearthed and has been worked on for two and a half years.. i'm sure it will be worth it, i'm ready! bring it on.

The fact that Michael noted that he wanted to be immortal says enough about what he would think of a 'virtual Michael'.

There is no use trying to guess what MJ would think about it, because no one knows and no one can speak for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back