Michael Jackson Week On The X Factor Saturday 18th October (UK)

OMG I hope someone chooses something like Butterflies so people can discover some of his less well known songs.

I bet Eoghan (is that how u spell it?) sings Ben.

Cue a few MJ jibes on next week's show though.... *rolls eyes*

yeh i thought that the lil irish lad!
yeh i think he will sing ben.

That was a rumor and nothing else.

how do you know?
lol
i love it how when anything is said about him.........

oh its a rumour.

sometimes they have to be right.
but because lots of them are, you dont no when their telling the truth.

Last edited:
Well Britney is going to be on it in Dec does that make her look desperate. He would be a mentor like Mariah and Celine were.

I'd love to see him on there, it may shut rachel up she would be in so much shock it would hopefully stop her from talking

This is going to be so cool :happy: a week too where there are still so many people left so there wil be loads of songs :wild: I think it will be a tough task though as Michael's songs arent easy for most to sing... Can't wait for this :D

id love to hear one of the girls singin stranger in moscow

JLS may do the obvious choice and do jackson 5 or maybe can u feel it?

shud be good

rachel is my favourite, shes got a great voice!

Last year on the X Factor other celeb's would mentor them for that week....we could see Michael before each performance working with the singer's earlier during that week. I'm hoping so, it would be awesome.

I really doubt MJ would appear this early on in the show..Someone of MJ's fame would only appear in the finale..

I understand it isnt the best stage for Michael.. But would you say that Mariah Carey and Celine Dion lowered themselves by being mentors on the show? I would say it showed them to be humble and appreciative that their artistry was being used to back an entire show of the XFactor.

I think it would show Michael in a light that people havn't seen for years, a lot more public, and (although I don't personally think this) the general public would see him as 'human' and not this figure who sits behind closed doors and masks. It might be something worth doing before a release of an album/getting back into the public eye. He IS the biggest selling artist, but as it stands, he is by no means the most popular.. The most honoured and appreciated but not loved. I think Xfactor is a show which people across the United Kingdom, and through places like youtube, the world can see him in this social light.

It would guarantee good publicity if he was involved with the show too.

Oh dear, I have to say this lot could murder a simple advertising gingle, let alone songs that need and deserve a level of skill and performance.

I think Austin is the only interesting one and when he sang She's out of my life he really did it well. Ruth will try and sing something in Spanish because she thinks she is on the Eurovision song contest, and the rest just are so boring, in my humble opinion.

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Michael to appear, the guest act is Girls Aloud, which is the bit when I go to the loo, make a cuppa etc. I prefer the X Factor as a show, but the talent on American Idol is far superior, I doubt that our lot would get past the first round.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Michael's fabulous songs getting attention, lets hope these contestants treat them with respect.

I understand it isnt the best stage for Michael.. But would you say that Mariah Carey and Celine Dion lowered themselves by being mentors on the show? I would say it showed them to be humble and appreciative that their artistry was being used to back an entire show of the XFactor.

I think it would show Michael in a light that people havn't seen for years, a lot more public, and (although I don't personally think this) the general public would see him as 'human' and not this figure who sits behind closed doors and masks. It might be something worth doing before a release of an album/getting back into the public eye. He IS the biggest selling artist, but as it stands, he is by no means the most popular.. The most honoured and appreciated but not loved. I think Xfactor is a show which people across the United Kingdom, and through places like youtube, the world can see him in this social light.

It would guarantee good publicity if he was involved with the show too.

No i dont think Mariah and Celine lowered themselfs.
because their nothing compared to Michael.

but i supose you do have a good point it could show people i different side.
could be good publicity.
might gain more fans.
because he dont do alot of TV stuff.
when he did LWMJ he got more fans.
could be good for him.
but i dont no because everything thats happened it could make him look desperate for fame though.

but you no we will see what happens and if he does go on it.
and if he does what the outcome is.

Oh dear, I have to say this lot could murder a simple advertising gingle, let alone songs that need and deserve a level of skill and performance.

I think Austin is the only interesting one and when he sang She's out of my life he really did it well. Ruth will try and sing something in Spanish because she thinks she is on the Eurovision song contest, and the rest just are so boring, in my humble opinion.

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Michael to appear, the guest act is Girls Aloud, which is the bit when I go to the loo, make a cuppa etc. I prefer the X Factor as a show, but the talent on American Idol is far superior, I doubt that our lot would get past the first round.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Michael's fabulous songs getting attention, lets hope these contestants treat them with respect.

yeh i agree.

i dont want him to go on The X factor.
BUT

If it was American Idol it would be different.
not so tacky, if you get what i mean.

talk about ground hog day. cant we have one mj connected event that doesnt end up with "will he attend" talk lol

well this was going to happen last year but michael pulled out
so is he going to appear?
i don't think so
you can't have an m.j. week without the king of pop

Michael IS too good for shows like that, and so is Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, but whatever. It's purely for publicity if you go on. I wouldn't want Michael to, but if he did, I wouldn't bitch and moan or get angry at him. I'd understand why.

But can you imagine Michael trying to help these kids? lol. You don't even know what being a professional singer means until you've seen Michael Jackson.

Oh man, Foxy, LITTLE BIG PLANET! I'm getting that game so fast when it comes out, lol.

Michael IS too good for shows like that, and so is Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, but whatever. It's purely for publicity if you go on. I wouldn't want Michael to, but if he did, I wouldn't bitch and moan or get angry at him. I'd understand why.

But can you imagine Michael trying to help these kids? lol. You don't even know what being a professional singer means until you've seen Michael Jackson.

Oh man, Foxy, LITTLE BIG PLANET! I'm getting that game so fast when it comes out, lol.

For sure, as I mentioned, the Xfactor stage is not the ideal stage for Michael, but at the end of the day.. it is a Stage. Its a stage which millions of people watch every weekend, and millions more will watch on youtube and throughout the internet. He doesn't need to do it by any means, but if he did, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. He wouldn't lose fans over it, he would only gain them.

Last edited:
yeah i read that foxy but this would still be discussed even if that hadnt been posted. its always the same. we should just bump the old threads and save everyone from writing the same things over again lol

yeah i read that foxy but this would still be discussed even if that hadnt been posted. its always the same. we should just bump the old threads and save everyone from writing the same things over again lol

I get that it can be annoying, 99% of the time he doesn't show up. But meh, if there is a rumour Michael is in London at the same time Xfactor is confirmed to have a Michael Jackson week the Saturday afterwards, people will take it and run. I don't expect him to turn up, but the show is recorded throughout the week, who knows what he could do, recorded message/mentoring/nothing lol.. its all speculation. But in a way, its fun!

because theres celebs/superstars then theres MJ. now who said that? lol

I think this will be a great promotional tool for Michael. It'll give Michael some well deverved positive exposure for his musical contributions to the pop world.

I very much doubt that he'll make an appearance. These rumours always start to circulate when Xfactor commences. They deliberately try to plant speculation in attempt to increase the shows ratings. This happens EVERY year!!

I’m not even tempted to think that Mike will appear live on the X Factor, but I am glad to see that there will at last be a show dedicated to his songs. I don’t know why Mike didn’t agree to allow the songs’ use before. Mike is right up there in terms of success and impact and deserves the recognition that this will give him. Any good promo on prime time TV is a must for any artist and at this time that is just about the best place to get promo. It’s a pity he doesn’t have a new album to promote – I’ll guess this will be used to promote Thriller 25 in some way as it’s nearly Halloween.
I hope for the sake of the contestants that Mike makes an effort to either send them each a video message or pays them a visit during practise because other stars often do it.
I hope they use a new video montage at the beginning of the show to hype Mike, not the old brace yourself one that’s been used for more than 10 years. It is good to acknowledge the old stuff, but they should add more recent clips like the Scream and Earth Song videos, perhaps Ghosts. The old montage includes clips of fan frenzys but they could also add more recent clips like the airport in Japan when he arrived for the MTV awards a couple of years ago, or clips from the TDCAU video. Or maybe that time in the UK when he was mobbed at the train station. Newer clips will enforce the fact that Mike was not only an 80s megastar but that the light shone right through the 90s too and into the 00s.

Let me sum up this thread and where it's going:

* The X Factor does Michael Jackson songs
* Oh Gee... does that mean Michael will appear
* Yes he will, he should because it's a great show
* No he shouldn't, all the contestants are talentless and they ruin his songs
* Let's just watch and see if he will appear
* Oh, he didn't appear
* I was expecting it. He would never appear on such a bad show
* He should have done it, it's a missed chance. He let his fans down
* When are the grammy awards?

;)

Back