Michael Jackson’s Facebook page News-Update Eminem surpasses MJ in 'Likes'

Well as has been said before believe it or not, not everyone in the world is on Facebook.
I'm not on Facebook for example.
It think it's great Michael has that many followers on Facebook but his fanbase has such a variety that you will never all have them in one place. He has fans of all ages and places pretty much. That's what is truly amazing to me.

Also just because someone like that girl have that many followers right now doesn't mean she will have them for the rest of her life. There's a lot of hype around her and I bet if Facebook was around when the Spice Girls were as big as they were they would have gotten just as many followers. Look where they are now..

In the end his legacy will carry on and he will probably keep getting new fans in the future. (even when Facebook is no longer the place to be ;) )

MJ is currently at 21,500,000.... Lady Gaga is catching up and should overtake him between Nov 1st and Nov 15th. She is sitting at 20,150,000

smooth_criminal05;3016696 said:
MJ is currently at 21,500,000.... Lady Gaga is catching up and should overtake him between Nov 1st and Nov 15th. She is sitting at 20,150,000

And she most likely will. But Facebook doesn't represent the whole world. It represents what's popular and current at the moment. It honestly doesn't mean much since not everyone has a Facebook and who knows? Facebook may just lose popularity in a few years like Myspace did.

Many Michael Jackson fans actually hate Facebook. It would be nice to know how different people Michael and Gaga have. I think Gaga has more very young people who don't even know what they're doing. So I doubt they will be there forever. Michael's fans are way more dedicated imo..

When MJ's new album is released more fans will come.

It will be MichaelMania - so lots of people will add him on FB.

Invite all your friends and get them to invite all their friends. :)

Topflux;3018630 said:
Many Michael Jackson fans actually hate Facebook. It would be nice to know how different people Michael and Gaga have. I think Gaga has more very young people who don't even know what they're doing. So I doubt they will be there forever. Michael's fans are way more dedicated imo..

I, for one, don't use Facebook.

Starde;3018147 said:
And she most likely will. But Facebook doesn't represent the whole world. It represents what's popular and current at the moment. It honestly doesn't mean much since not everyone has a Facebook and who knows? Facebook may just lose popularity in a few years like Myspace did.

Exactly. People act as if these Facebook and Twitter and YT numbers mean so much. They don't. Justin Bieber's videos are watched by over a billion (or was it two billion?) times on YT, yet he has sold only 6 million records so far (I read it the other day and say "only" because I kind of expected a lot more based on those insane YT, Facebook, Twitter numbers).

As I see it, Gaga and Bieber fans especially like these kind of Facebook/Twitter/YT records and they have a kind of war among them for the Nr 1 spot, so there are probably fan actions to boost their numbers and so on. As their fans are mostly teenagers they will participate in such actions. Not that MJ fans are weak in these type of actions (LOL), but I don't think these numbers mean anything. Records sales are more telling. Not to mention longetivity. Let's see Lady Gaga in 5 or 10 years....

Last edited:
respect77;3019019 said:
Exactly. People act as if these Facebook and Twitter and YT numbers mean so much. They don't. Justin Bieber's videos are watched by over a billion (or was it two billion?) times on YT, yet he has sold only 6 million records so far (I read it the other day and say "only" because I kind of expected a lot more based on those insane YT, Facebook, Twitter numbers).

As I see it, Gaga and Bieber fans especially like these kind of Facebook/Twitter/YT records and they have a kind of war among them for the Nr 1 spot, so there are probably fan actions to boost their numbers and so on. As their fans are mostly teenagers they will participate in such actions. Not that MJ fans are weak in these type of actions (LOL), but I don't think these numbers mean anything. Records sales are more telling. Not to mention longetivity. Let's see Lady Gaga in 5 or 10 years....

agree completely.

Imagine facebook in the 80's ? the competition would have been unfair.

And Im not sure Lady will overtake MJ, remember the publicity MJ will have at the end of the year.

Thread cleaned. Please think before posting personal attacks...

Calotte12;3019539 said:
Imagine facebook in the 80's ? the competition would have been unfair.

And Im not sure Lady will overtake MJ, remember the publicity MJ will have at the end of the year.

In the interim she will take over, her page is growing very quickly. MJ should come back very strongly when his new album comes out

It it were in the 80s, it would be game over a longgggg time ago. MJ would probably have 50-60 million people

Starde;3018147 said:

Also, please don't forget the age thing. MJ fans age range is enormous and many older people just aren't interested in Facebook. I'm 40 and have many friends that just don't get it. Some don't even own a PC (can you imagine?)! I'd guess that Lady Gaga's fan base is a far lower age on average and most kids age 12 & over now use Facebook.

respect77;3019019 said:
Records sales are more telling. Not to mention longetivity. Let's see Lady Gaga in 5 or 10 years....

Very true.

Still, it annoys me that Gaga will soon surpass MJ in Facebook followers. Part of me would love to put the breaks on this.

Gaga is very close now. She'll probably surpass him when her new single and album get released this year:

Michael Jackson Tops on Facebook

January 31st saw accolades for the most popular person on the Facebook social network site go to the King of Pop. People around the world are pressing the "Like" button on Michael Jackson's Facebook page making him the tops with 27,752,689 fans. Lady Gaga is second with 27,306,510.

serendipity;3224586 said:
Gaga is very close now. She'll probably surpass him when her new single and album get released this year:

yeah Michael!!! glad he's still tops.. that's very good for someone who isn't with us anymore

StacyJ;3224596 said:
yeah Michael!!! glad he's still tops.. that's very good for someone who isn't with us anymore

Oh yes !! and even more for someone who entertained the world during four decades and still cut your breath !!! She's very far of this achievement -
I agree, let's see her in ten years and even less than this. IMO She has her style but not made to be listened over the years, she's too "in the mood".

Eminem has surpassed Gaga on Facebook. MJ is still leading:

Eminem overtakes Lady Gaga as most-liked on Facebook

By Kevin Rutherford
Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09pm EST

NEW YORK (Billboard) - It's official -- Eminem is the most "liked" living artist on Facebook.

The Detroit rapper overtook Lady Gaga this week for the distinction, currently coming in at over 28,883,000 'likes' as opposed to Gaga's 28,872,000.

Eminem, 38, is currently averaging over half a million 'likes' a day, according to Famecount. At this rate, he will soon surpass Michael Jackson as the most 'liked' artist on Facebook, as the King of Pop currently sits at 29.1 million 'likes.'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...Entertainment)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

To be honest, if anyone overtakes MJ, I'd rather it be Gaga and not Eminem. But hopefully he'll keep his lead for awhile. Go, Mike!

image012.jpg

http://www.famecount.com/facebook-rank/Worldwide/Musician

I do not care too much about the others... but can you guys see what a power 'we the fans' have if we would really ever make it to raise all our voices as one?
Just imagine everyone giving only one single dollar... we could probably even buy Neverland easily if everybody would give 10 dollars... just saying.

MJultimatemusiclegen;3020171 said:
It's a fantastic promotional tool is that facebook page, they need to make sure they use it to maximum effect.

Well, that's the point in all this.
I don't say what's the idea of having so many people in FB when they hardly ever use it. And to be honest... I don't know how much it can be used now that MJ is gone :(

If anyone over takes him i'll scream! But i'd much rather Eminem did it that Gaga, she drives me mad!

I would actually also prefer Eminem to surpass Michael rather than Lady Gaga.. but of course, at first I hope Michael stays at the top, which I think he will :) Why doesn't Eminem have one page in Facebook that would have millions of fans? Instead he has just dozens of different pages with tens of thousands of fans in each of them..

The fact that Michael's (and everyone else's) number of 'likers' grow every time I refresh the page baffles me. I just think it's unbelievable that there is a new liker every second :eek:

???? really? emininem over gaga? after what eminem did to mj during the trial with that video? you guys are more forgiving than me..but thats good. forgiveness is good.

also update:
Michael Jackson: 29,239,922
Lady Gaga: 28,989,735
Eminem: 29,075,370

Back