Michael Jackson’s Facebook page News-Update Eminem surpasses MJ in 'Likes'

Re: Eminem passes Michael Jackson to be most 'liked' person on Facebook

^^^ hehe

dont worry guys...as sumone said its just FB...sumone would eventually passed it. Just remember as posted here " However great you think Michael Jackson was, he was greater.!! hehe

I'm glad it's not one of those stinky artists like Lady Gege and Justin Beaver.

Eminem is GREAT and he has proved that.

its sad:( we need more singles to be released from the album:yes:

Not surprised, it was going to happen sooner or later. Just never thought it'd be Eminem, I expected Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber to do the honours.

hahah, eminem sucks.. anyway its like 29.33 for MICHAEL JACKSON and 29.34 for eminem... 1 point, nothing, anyway i cant believe people likes more a rapper than a real Legend, a COMPLETE MUSICAL GENIUS,

weird...but then again, MICHAEL WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE THIS SOON, AND WAR SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING NOWADAYS, AND STUFF, SO IS NOT WEIRD ACTUALLY...

Anyway as it should be stated,

my life is over.... Btw, pentum you are one of a kind really hahaha :)

This means sod-all - many facebookers don't use the 'like' button, and many of MJ's fans don't bother with facebook anyway :p

YA! Sony/ATV in 2007 purchased famous music catalog which has many of Eminem older music (as well has other rappers) including the song Em disses MJ in!

So MJ still get's the last laugh! :punk::D

this is it :D

This may not be important in the grand scheme of things but I would love it if Michael remained the King of Facebook. So I invited my Facebook friends to "like" his page. When I did this the count last night on his page was 29,378,640 and currently the count is 29,410,669. That's 32,029 "likes" in about 1 day! Isn't that exceptional!? I don't have THAT many FB friends, lol. Anyway, I think it would be a fun challenge as MJ fans to rally to get him to remain #1.

^ Eminem is good but not at MJ's level. In fact, Eminem has NEVER once wrote a song on his albums without the help of another song writer. Right there that shows the difference artistically between him and MJ.

yeah... I respect people's interest on this, but being terribly honest, MJ's FB is horrible and quite useless. I am there, but there is really no point in being there, for I don't get any real info at all.

Sorry to be this though :(

You're right. They could use MJ's facebook profile so much to promote the new singles, CDS tour and what else and they are doing what? Maybe one update in a month! It's very frustrating.

^ Eminem is good but not at MJ's level. In fact, Eminem has NEVER once wrote a song on his albums without the help of another song writer. Right there that shows the difference artistically between him and MJ.

As much as i dislike the caracter of that guy for what he said about our boy Mike, i have to say that yes, he has written lots of songs by himself.In fact he has written entire albums by himself.I don't think he has produced them by himself but i might be mistaken.

And who cares if Michael is number one on facebook? Facebook does not indicate if an artist is important or not.I don't see Rollingstones or James Brown,Stevie Wonder being number one there.Does that mean that they are not great artist or legends?

Booo! Eminem sux! I can't believe he past Michael on the Facbook thing. Damn it all! Sorry Em fans.

^ All you have to do is read the album credits on any of Eminems albums and you will see he has never written an entire song by himself. I'm sure he plays a role in the lyrics but there is always something helping him with the writing/composing. MJ on the other hand wrote and composed a huge number of his songs including Billie Jean, Beat It, Black Or White, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop Til Ya Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Bad, Earth Song, etc.

^ All you have to do is read the album credits on any of Eminems albums and you will see he has never written an entire song by himself. I'm sure he plays a role in the lyrics but there is always something helping him with the writing/composing. MJ on the other hand wrote and composed a huge number of his songs including Billie Jean, Beat It, Black Or White, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop Til Ya Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Bad, Earth Song, etc.

Em, i have done that.I have read the credits of all his albums in wiki and i am sure that there is at least one album of his that he has written all the lyrics by himself.Anyway, Eminem and Michael are two different kind of artist.I don't know why some have to say who is better. Eminem,unfortunatelly, is good in what he is doing.So was Michael in what he did. They are both good, in terms of music,but Eminem is a prick in terms of character.

Meh, I don't even have facebook. This means nothing to me.

If this can satisfy them, well ... ok :lol: and as much as Eminem is selling as much as Michael has gains - Ironic isn't it ? :lmao:

Facebook is not the be all and end all. Facebook has a clear demographic that it aims it which is the twenty something. Michael of course appeals to all demographics.

I've been getting my friends to "like" him. Although I don't think it's such a big deal.. But I've always been such a competitor..

Exclusive: Eminem first artist to surpass 30 million fans on facebook

Eminem
has become the world’s first person to achieve 30 million Facebook fans, or likes, according to Famecount.com. The record sees Eminem achieving more likes on the social network than the entire populations of Australia and New Zealand combined. The milestone shows just how powerful social media has become, and artists command huge followings that even governments don’t match up to.

It was just 8 months ago that Lady Gaga become the first living person to achieve 10 million Facebook likes, and over the last year a number of stars have seen their Facebook fame explode. In one year, Eminem has seen his Facebook likes grow more than tenfold, from just 2.7m in March 2010. Two weeks ago Eminem overtook Lady Gaga as the most popular living person on Facebook, and last week the US rapper overtook Michael Jackson to become the most popular person of all time on the network.

Yet in the fast shifting world of social media fame Eminem can take nothing for granted. Rihanna, currently on 26.5m fans is the fastest growing star on the network. Both Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson are nipping at Eminem’s heels and with her new album

approaching release, Lady Gaga is certainly capable of springing surprises. Eminem is also yet to conquer the other social networks. Lady Gaga is the reigning Twitter Queen while Justin Bieber is YouTube King. Groovecount.com, which ranks music stars across multiple social networks and digital music services, currently ranks Eminem second on an aggregated basis, behind Lady Gaga.

The more fans you have the better, but it doesn’t always deliver true success. For artists to be able to leverage their audiences and earn a living is another thing. Even indie artists with over 100,000 fans on facebook will struggle to sell albums directly to audiences. Social media however, is a great influencer, and indirectly boosts sales by creating viral momentum around a person, brand or product.

The problem is that Michael has more Facebook pages.

Therefore the ammount of likes is spread out over all of those pages. If people were just liking the official page then I think MJ would be ahead.

The problem is that Michael has more Facebook pages.

Therefore the ammount of likes is spread out over all of those pages. If people were just liking the official page then I think MJ would be ahead.

That's why the Estate are clamping down on all this.

I like both MJ and Eminem,
Eminem had all odds against him too, considered he was also white poor and
sure people laughed at him, in the beginning when he came up as a rapper.
he also got deep lyrics in some of his songs such as
Not Afraid, Sing For The Moment, Like Toy Soldiers.

but with that said MJ is credited for changing the way music videos are done
and cannot even be compared at all to Eminem, he still played for the biggest audience ever recorded, he have sold over 750 Million albums,
not only did he have a good voice, but he had songwriting skills, producing skills
dancing skills and directing skills, at highest level
which makes him much more unique then any other artist ever lived.

To have these papers claiming Eminem to be the next king of pop is laughable
all respect to Eminem, he himself would probably acknowledge that
his genre are not even pop.

Who are these journalists writing such articles ?

Update
Dec. 16, 2011:
Michael Jackson - 42.916.466

Eminem - 49.699.768
Rihanna - 47.854.012
Lady Gaga - 45.707.462
Michael Jackson - 42.916.466
Shakira - 42.875.480
Justin Bieber - 38.252.315
Katy Perry - 36.804.212

Back