Michael Jackson’s Forgotten Fortune: Secret Art Collection Uncovered & Valued At $900M /Update @pg10

Justthefacts;3429594 said:
I bet you all that Thome tried to sell this on the sly. And only got found out when the person who was going to buy it went to the estate to ask for permission for something. Just the fact that Thome won't say that letter is real says it all. And I am sure Jermaine there was a cut in it for you. Just like I am sure there was a cut in it for you to make sure Michael got buried at Neverland

Quoted for TRUTH! :bow:

I bet you all that Thome tried to sell this on the sly. And only got found out when the person who was going to buy it went to the estate to ask for permission for something. Just the fact that Thome won't say that letter is real says it all. And I am sure Jermaine there was a cut in it for you. Just like I am sure there was a cut in it for you to make sure Michael got buried at Neverland

Quoted for TRUTH! :bow:

That's a likely scenario, and would explain why Jermaine got active on Twitter.

Why do I get the feeling that everyone wants to manipulate Michael's fans? Jermaine is the first of the list.

I hope the Estate can block this underhanded transaction and keep his art. I would love to see a Museum of Michael Jackson one day.

IMO what happened was he Thome wanted to sell the collection himself but would have gotten caught don't forget when he was fired by Michael he was supposed to turn over whatever he had of Michael's we now know he did not turn over five million dollars. So he got Strong to do it and gave him this letter. Whomever the poor soul was who was going to buy the collection does the right thing and asked the estate about something and they probably said what art collection. Howard Mann hearing about decided to to poke his nose into it buy making a bid on it just for the soul purpose to bother the estate and to make money off whatever Strong would give them but backed away when he he saw Thome would not confirm that letter was not real he don't need Howard Weitzman on his ass anymore then he is now. This story with Star Magazine is just an attempt to make them look good like they want it help get Michael's stuff back. If it were me I would say to Thome and Jermaine what else of Michael's do you have hidden if I don't get a list of it I am going to the cops

Big Apple2;3429056 said:
Strong approached The Jackson family so that they would support him in this deal. He said that he would compensate them FINANCIALLY.

So, the man MJ was afraid of and didn't want to deal with anymore is let in at the Encino house where

his children live.

Nice.

Justthefacts;3429621 said:
IMO what happened was he Thome wanted to sell the collection himself but would have gotten caught don't forget when he was fired by Michael he was supposed to turn over whatever he had of Michael's we now know he did not turn over five million dollars. So he got Strong to do it and gave him this letter. Whomever the poor soul was who was going to buy the collection does the right thing and asked the estate about something and they probably said what art collection. Howard Mann hearing about decided to to poke his nose into it buy making a bid on it just for the soul purpose to bother the estate and to make money off whatever Strong would give them but backed away when he he saw Thome would not confirm that letter was not real he don't need Howard Weitzman on his ass anymore then he is now. This story with Star Magazine is just an attempt to make them look good like they want it help get Michael's stuff back. If it were me I would say to Thome and Jermaine what else of Michael's do you have hidden if I don't get a list of it I am going to the cops

That sounds entirely plausible. The stuff was stored in an airplane hangar? I've always said, WHERE IS THE INVENTORY? That should have been the Estate's first act. Was it? And if so, things keep popping up? (like that five million?) I know they've been dealing with the finances, but there were a lot of material assets, as well. How MUCH else was hidden/taken?

Jermaine is motivated by MONEY. He and Tohme are "friends." He introduced Michael to Tohme. And now THIS? The professional thing to do would be to take as complete an inventory as possible, and make determinations about the value, and YES, consult the children, even if they are under-age. The heirs should have some say in something as personal and precious as this art collection. But, an inventory can't be taken if they don't know the stuff exists. Apparently an AIRPLANE HANGAR of stuff!

I think Tohme CAN'T confirm the letter, because if he does and it turns out to be bogus, that's a CRIMINAL offense. So probably he'll remain typically silent.

very true, this family is so predictable. Katherine wants the estate to give her permission to profit from this collection by displaying the items at musemus chosen by the family after their attempt to conspire with Tohme & Stone to sell it without the estate's knowledge FAILED.
I feel sorry for MJ's kids, it's not easy to be close to three criminals Randy, joe and Jermaine.

Quoted for truth
Soundmind;3429636 said:
very true, this family is so predictable. Katherine wants the estate to give her permission to profit from this collection by displaying the items at musemus chosen by the family after their attempt to conspire with Tohme & Stone to sell it without the estate's knowledge FAILED.
I feel sorry for MJ's kids, it's not easy to be close to three criminals Randy, joe and Jermaine.
exactly

Why does it seem like Katherine is trying to find ways for her children, and not Michael's children, to inherit Michael's wealth?
Cuz that's what she's been doing since June 25

The estate have got to fight this one tooth and nail.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brett.../Brett-Livingstone-Strong/43921468212?sk=wall

I see that BLS is creating a new sculpture of MJ this year...
Brand New Sculpture Created by Brett-Livingstone Strong of Michael Jackson as Joe Jackson admired the beautiful image to be created life size 2011

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/blsmjsculpwjoe.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/blsartsculptpiconpiano.jpg/][/URL]

The second photo seems to include a drawing by Michael (of whom)? , so maybe this is one of the 10 that Michael kept. (Is this in Hayvenhurst or at BLS's home? I am assuming the former)

I am very intrigued by the design for a structure with one or more spires...the drawing behind the sculpture has MJs dancing feet logo at the top....does anyone know what this structure is?

It looks very reminiscent of the Albert memorial. I wonder if the statue is to be housed in this structure....funny thing, I was just walking past the Albert memorial last week and thought MJ would have liked a memorial like that.......

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/blsalbertmemorial.jpg/][/URL]

Postscript...I did find a bit more. There is a version of the spired canopy on a BLS architecture site (designs for a City of Unity in Dubai) , showing a monument for a sheikh. The design drawing on the piano looks like another version of this canopy. The drawings are labelled 2005-8, and Michael was in Dubai in 2005..........

http://www.blsart.com/dubai/city_of_unity_buildings.pdf

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/blsmonumentofsheikhzjpg.jpg/][/URL]

Interestingly, the 'City of Unity' also includes a design for 'Gates of Paradise'

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/blsthegatesofparadisear.jpg/][/URL]

I do apologise that this has wandered 'off topic' somewhat, but one thing led to another...... I started off looking for Michael's art and ended up finding something completely different.

Oh and I didn't realise that BLS had done the Brotman burns centre bronze relief re MJs donation :

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/blsbrotmancentrebronzer.jpg/][/URL]

I think this may be another picture of BLS with MJ, maybe when BLS was producing his 'Marilyn' portrait.

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/xmjwithblsformarilynpri.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
The Michael Jackson estate lawyers are doing to right thing fighting for it to return it to Michael's children Prince Michael Jackson I, Paris M K Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II (Blanket).

Ok, what?? First of all, what kind of an idiot would sell a collection worth $900M for $90M? Second of all, how could they sell something that isn't theirs... wow, that's just wrong.

ivy;3429455 said:
strong was trying to sell the painting to the highest bidder , his authorization came from tohme.
he bought a buyer for $84 million but he needed estate's release on the reproduction rights

If the buyer didnt needed any reproduction rights, he (the buyer) could have done whatever he wanted to do with it (assuming MJ actually gave Brett his paintings) right? He could also have sold it/auctioned it away (like the Juliens auction)? To my understanding, as long as they (the final buyer/owner) dont reproduce then its fine- If they reproduce its a question of copyright issues and thats why the Estate is in this. Is that correct?

classic;3429584 said:
And if people knew about this, why no mention of it to the Estate executors who you know were looking for all of Michael's possessions. Even if Strong thought that they did belong to him, wouldn't you have at least mentioned it to the Estate so that they knew hands of when it came to such.

But did he have to? I mean, IF we assume MJ actually gave away his art to Brett and its proven the letter is real, then he didnt needed to report to the Estate i believe. Its the same scenarios as all those items being sold to Juliens. MJ giften them away and I dont think everyone of them needed to tell the Estate they had those items.

Last edited:
myosotis;3429682 said:
The second photo seems to include a drawing by Michael (of whom)? , so maybe this is one of the 10 that Michael kept. (Is this in Hayvenhurst or at BLS's home? I am assuming the former)

looks like abraham lincoln and it's the hayvenhurst home - see the belt & mj in angel wings necklace in front of it - that's what joe and katherine was trying to sell before estate shut it down.

this is from copyright records

The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.

Type of Work: Visual Material
Registration Number / Date: VAu001031864 / 2010-06-25
Application Title: The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.
Title: The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Brett-Livingstone Strong, 1953- , Transfer: By written agreement.
Date of Creation: 1988
Authorship on Application: Michael Joseph Jackson, 1958-2009; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: 2-D artwork.
Brett-Livingstone Strong, 1953- ; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: Australia. Authorship: 2-D artwork.

from this registration strong claims that michael gave up his copyright rights with a written agreement - could it be that he's referring to the tohme letter

myosotis;3429682 said:
The second photo seems to include a drawing by Michael (of whom)?
blsartsculptpiconpiano.jpg

Abraham Lincoln
images

ivy;3429806 said:
looks like abraham lincoln and it's the hayvenhurst home - see the belt & mj in angel wings necklace in front of it - that's what joe and katherine was trying to sell before estate shut it down.

this is from copyright records

The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.

Type of Work: Visual Material
Registration Number / Date: VAu001031864 / 2010-06-25
Application Title: The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.
Title: The Collected Works of Jackson-Strong Alliance.
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Brett-Livingstone Strong, 1953- , Transfer: By written agreement.
Date of Creation: 1988
Authorship on Application: Michael Joseph Jackson, 1958-2009; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: 2-D artwork.
Brett-Livingstone Strong, 1953- ; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: Australia. Authorship: 2-D artwork.

from this registration strong claims that michael gave up his copyright rights with a written agreement - could it be that he's referring to the tohme letter

Thank you Ivy ...that's extremely interesting.
I've been looking at another angle and came up with something that may be of relevance but maybe not. The original oil paintings, 'The book' and 'The lovers' are represented on this website:

http://www.michaeljacksonportrait.com/index.htm

This site gives the following information.... (There is an investor involved who bought part of BLS's collection...but I'm not clear if BLS still owns / part owns the original paintings or not...because of the reference to their use as collateral for the loans, which I thought were to BLS) )

'Only two actual portraits were ever sat for by Michael Jackson and painted by his chosen artist, Brett Livingstone Strong. Only two actually exist in the world. Only a limited few hundred serigraphs were made at the time and are signed by the artist Brett Livingstone Strong. Only 100 of the serigraphs are signed by both the artist and by Michael Jackson jointly. Only a handful have been released previously and when sold were done so by unverified sources in the few cases and have been sold. They were done without clear chain of title affecting their resale collectors value. Here at Michael Jackson Portrait.com and Michael Jackson Signature.com the rare signed prints have a clear and verifiable history. They have been carefully stored at the bequest of the Bank of New York, then GMAC to be held in a fine art storage temperature controlled facility. They are yet unreleased except for a few exceptions thus far. The Fine Art Investors group has inigially invested in the collection to assist in remedying the defaulted loans which were to be utiized in the once proposed grand venture of building a large statue of an Angel in the City of Los Angeles. After an eminent doman matter reclaimed the proposed land the project never got it's wings. The Angel may have it's day in a special location one day, but we cannot speculate as to when, where or with any certainty'

'The artist may sell other art to fans of his work. However any work within one of these two collectors, collection belongs to that collector. In this case because of the enormity of the print collection along with the original collector's right to maintain value, all reproduction rights were assigned to the collector to protect the assets purcchased from dilution by the artist or any other party. Any reprrint of either of the two original Michael Jackson art portraits may be reproduced in print form by only one of the collectors which has the exclusive reproduction rights of both paintings along with all art within the collection at the time of it's sale. The exclusive rights were transferred from the Bank of New York and GMAC to the collector by a trustee of the US Federal Court. They have not only the copyright protection of the US government but have been clearly authorized by the US Federal Court System as a key component of maintaining one of the the collectors investment. So the answer is that no other person may sell any reprints of the Michael Jackson portraits other than one of the two collectors we represent here on this site. '

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4189/is_20100709/ai_n54464239/

Seeking to finance a grandiose project called the "City of Angels" - an attempt to replicate the spirit of the Statue of Liberty on the West Coast - Strong put up his entire collection, including the serigraphs, as collateral.In April 2007, Patisso picked up the serigraphs and some other works by Strong. He won't say what he paid for them, noting that the totality of Strong's collection was then valued at $7.2 million.

If these loans still need to be settled, then sale of some valuable MJ art would potentially be very helpful.
(The Angel was a proposed landmark building for Los Angeles, with an angel holding a sword on top. ...the estimated building costs ballooned from $1. something to $3. something billion, at which point the project was dropped. However, it seems that a landbank had been commenced and that architectural models had been developed. The Dubai architectural drawings include a 'crystal tower' that appears to be based on the same design)

More from last August:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/08/prweb4405924.htm
New York, New York (PRWEB) August 20, 2010

In 2007, Matteo Patisso, a NY entrepreneur, acquired the complete art collection created by world-renowned architect, sculptor and painter Brett-Livingstone Strong, whom the late Michael Jackson called the "modern day Michelangelo". Purchasing this art collection, once appraised by the Bank of New York for more than $100,000,000, was seen by Matteo as a once-in-a-lifetime investment opportunity. The collection includes 560 signed serigraphs of a high-end autographed collectible called "The Book" (the only portrait Michael Jackson personally sat for during his lifetime), many of Strong's original paintings, thousands of beautiful limited edition lithographs and several sculptures as well as the reproduction rights of Strong's artwork.

In 1998, Strong pledged his collection to the Bank of NY in order to secure a $36,000,000 line of credit for The City of Angels project. That "City within a City" was to include a 176' tall Angel of Freedom monument, planned to be the west coast's equivalent of the Statue of Liberty - but 26' taller. Unfortunately, the project did not come to fruition at that time. In 2007, Matteo saw a golden and rare opportunity for his company, Liquid Brick, to acquire the collection from GMAC (Bank of NY's assignee). The City of Angels project was Strong's plan to create "The Greatest Art Show on Earth"- the creation of the largest bronze statue in view of the general public. The sculpting of the 25' face of the Angel alone, modeled after the late Princess Diana, would have been such a huge artistic undertaking, that Strong knew it would have inspired anyone to envision the scale and sheer magnitude of the finished monument. Already, two artists in CA, commissioned by Matteo, have written a poem and a song in preparation for its announcement.

"I acquired the art collection from GMAC primarily for its intrinsic value but also to provide the artist's new investors an opportunity to acquire it and obtain financing to begin the construction of the 25' face of the Angel in Central Park, NYC", explains Matteo. "By giving the artist a second chance at building his visionary monument, something he is now achieving, he would have greatly influenced and inspired NY, CA, America and then [ideally] the rest of the world." "The timing is impeccable" he adds, "A project like this can not only create many thousands of jobs, it can ignite a renaissance".

Matteo also envisioned how this artist's patriotic monuments, created in the 80's for President Ronald Reagan could influence America's constitutionally-founded future with planned philanthropic projects as the Spirit of Freedom Tour (http://www.spiritoffreedomtour.org).

Matteo explained," when Strong was prolific and at the peak of his career, this artist would command at least $5,000 for one limited edition lithograph and as much as $150,000 for an original painting however "The Book" sold for $2,100,000. Unlocking the value of this collection via auction houses, corporate sales, global collectors, or partnering with candidates in the non-for-profit sector to help them raise funds for worthwhile causes, should prove to be exciting and rewarding for participants".

Currently, Strong's full time focus is dedicated again to the realization of the "Statue of Freedom" in CA - essentially engineering his comeback - his legacy. As a result, he is no longer creating any abstracts, portraits, paintings or signing new limited edition prints thereby freezing his supply and preserving the value of his work. If you would like more information on Brett-Livingston Strong and his collection, or to purchase any of Strong's work, call (516) 578-3456 or visit, http://www.thebookportrait.com, or http://www.fineartinvestors.com.

Last edited:
What in the world is going on here?

Can the Estate reclaim the stolen art? I would hate for these to be separated and sold, when they should be preserved for a museum. Shame on whoever is involved in this, family included.

Geez, Jermaine had a baby on twitter did he? Hmm... I wonder why... and he wasn't this vocal defending his brother over the Aaron Carter rumors. He wouldn't get this defensive, unless it involved him. Makes you really wonder init?

It would appear to me that it boils down to that letter. The one Thome does not want to confirm

Rhilo;3429855 said:
What in the world is going on here?

Can the Estate reclaim the stolen art? I would hate for these to be separated and sold, when they should be preserved for a museum. Shame on whoever is involved in this, family included.

Geez, Jermaine had a baby on twitter did he? Hmm... I wonder why... and he wasn't this vocal defending his brother over the Aaron Carter rumors. He wouldn't get this defensive, unless it involved him. Makes you really wonder init?
he's def in there somehow

I don't pay his tweets any attention but his tweets last night caught my eye. Jermaine the business of Michael Jackson has nothing to do with you he never comments on business deals but this one he is vocal about. I am telling you somewhere along the lines he was promised a cut. ESP if this stuff was at Mrs Jackson house before it found it's way to wherever it is now. IMO they tried to pull a fast one and all of them got caught

Justthefacts;3429862 said:
I don't pay his tweets any attention but his tweets last night caught my eye. Jermaine the business of Michael Jackson has nothing to do with you he never comments on business deals but this one he is vocal about. I am telling you somewhere along the lines he was promised a cut. ESP if this stuff was at Mrs Jackson house before it found it's way to wherever it is now. IMO they tried to pull a fast one and all of them got caught
exactly

About the sculpture of Michael? (in the photo). And other art like it that might be produced? A one-time deal might be acceptable, if for the artist's private collection. But, there seems to be a disconnect going on about who can market Michael-related products? Michael's "likeness and image" are OWNED by the estate, for purposes of marketing. The Jacksons, and some others, don't seem to really grasp this concept? I'm sure the Estate will have to spend a lot of time, just putting out fires/suing people! I doubt that Brett has the RIGHT to reproduce and sell more of those sculptures, if that is his intention? (It might be).

The question is, DID Michael or did he not give Brett an art collection worth many millions of dollars? I really don't THINK SO. I can see him giving him one drawing/painting, or even ten, but the whole collection? Impossible! So it all hinges on that letter/document? The one that Tohme refuses to authenticate. Wow, this is ugly!

The only proof we have of anything right now because I am sure there are things going on we know nothing about is that letter. Thome does not want to say if that letter is real or not. I am going to wait and see what happens

So if Tohme refuses to share the letter, do they get to keep Michael's art or can the Estate still do something?

Jermaine brought up the issue on twitter because fans were asking him about it. He shared what he knew about the art work and also that he was looking for clarification about the situation as well. To accuse him of being involved in this situation is a pretty big leap. I think we should at least be fair here.

Lynn88;3429906 said:
Jermaine brought up the issue on twitter because fans were asking him about it. He shared what he knew about the art work and also that he was looking for clarification about the situation as well. To accuse him of being involved in this situation is a pretty big leap. I think we should at least be fair here.
Speaking for myself, until Jermaine Jackson is able to clarify his relationship with "Dr." Thome-Thome, I will continue to be suspicious of their association. Past association and "possibly" present association.

"Dr." Thome-Thome came out of nowhere, in my opinion. Where did he come from? What else has Thome-Thome been a part of that nobody knows about - YET, and what part did Jermaine play and "MAY" continue to play?

No offense, but Jermaine has a lot of explaining to do. And I ain't talking about answering questions on Twitter.

Back