Michael Jackson’s Forgotten Fortune: Secret Art Collection Uncovered & Valued At $900M /Update @pg10

Vici;3430661 said:
Katherine & Brett July 5th, 2011
267881_10150247884298213_43921468212_7354474_8322873_n.jpg

The Mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa, visits July 5th, 2011

271046_10150247887678213_43921468212_7354493_239729_n.jpg

Thank you for the photos....If they are some of Michael's drawings on the back wall in the first one, I'm not impressed that they seem to be being kept in a garage....

and as for Diana....she looks 10 years older and with all the fun taken out. I thought the Diana statue was planned for New York...so not sure why the mayor of LA is looking at it?

ivy;3430579 said:
As you know i tried to confirm this story by both reaching out to MJ estate and Brett Livingstone-Stong. I asked them if the story is true and if they wanted to comment

I couldn't get a comment from MJ estate but Brett Livingstone-Strong just responded to my email. This is what he said

"Hi Ivy, that story is not correct ,
Mrs J , MJJ Estate and I are working together. Any sale would only be if the art collection stays together for exhibition as M hoped for. Funds would help build his major monument we are currently working on. Mrs J and I showed LA Mayor A.V the architectural model of Michael's monument on Tuesday to request his help for a suitable site.
"

note: "LA major A.V" is Antonio Villaraigosa

I am not buying it.

They tried going behind the estate's back...and got caught.

ivy;3430579 said:
Mrs J , MJJ Estate and I are working together. Any sale would only be if the art collection stays together for exhibition as M hoped for. Funds would help build his major monument we are currently working on. Mrs J and I showed LA Mayor A.V the architectural model of Michael's monument on Tuesday to request his help for a suitable site.
"

In my opinion, this clown is "BLOWING SMOKE," in an attempt to make nice with Michael's fans.

The Star article, which Katherine Jackson is quoted in, says NOTHING about "keeping the art collection together for exhibition."

The article is basically talking about somebody buying said collection, the supposed buyer wanting to obtain a release from the Estate of Michael Jackson, and a POSSIBLE fake letter from Thome-Thome.

The supposed BUYER has already paid a portion of the sale price and is just waiting and HOPING (I'm sure) that the Estate issues a release.

I don't trust this clown one bit.

P.S. If the Estate of Michael Jackson is interested in commissioning a monument, they can pick up the cost from The Estate. They certainly don't need ALL of these hands in the pot, looking to further their own agendas, i.e. TRYING TO GET PAID!

This is still messed up as hell. Their sense of entitlement is sickening. They have NO right to steal and sell-off Michael's stuff to line their own pockets with money. Shame on everybody including, Katherine.

BLS is BS. Michael was as close, if not more, to David Nordahl who drew him many times over. Whereas with BLS, I can only recall one painting he did of Michael, of which copies were being sold on ebay for a mint.

I think BLS's motives are pretty evident. Him trying to profit from the one painting he did of Michael compared to David Nordhal, who with his many artworks has not attempted to use them for profit. David could easily make a book with all the paintings he did of Michael.

Considering all this why the HELL would Michael gift away his entire collection to BLS, and not to David Nordhal? If Michael was to giveaway his entire collection of personal drawing to an artist, I'm sure he'd pick Nordhal over BLS. Nordhal maintained his friendship with Michael towards the very end. He was around Michael and his children, and Michael even requested him to do portraits of his kids. Who the heck is BLS? Does any of this make sense, and the fact that Michael would 'pick' BLS? IMO, BLS is a thief, and he is using Michael's family who is just as greedy to make money.

Leave the art for Michael's children. I'm hella pissed off.

Last edited:
I think Katherine will believe anything she's told by these various crooks who surround her. I'd rather PPB get the money that a silly-looking monument be built. If that Diana bust is any indication of the quality, then I say RUN, Katherine, RUN!

No fake ass monument is worth the treasure of Michael's own hand-drawn art. Anybody can make a monument, but only Michael can draw those, and he's no more. It's a win-lose situation.

flutinggnee;3430807 said:
I think Katherine will believe anything she's told by these various crooks who surround her.
In my opinion, all of the crooks are not the only ones to blame. It just seems, to me, if there is a way to earn some money ON THE LOW, Katherine Jackson WILLING involves herself, with no care about what happens AFTER the fact.

Reminds me of THE KOREAN deal, i.e. "just pay me, what happens after that, I don't know."

I SOOOO Hope MJ's children will get this back.

Big Apple2;3430811 said:
In my opinion, all of the crooks are not the only ones to blame. It just seems, to me, if there is a way to earn some money ON THE LOW, Katherine Jackson WILLING involves herself, with no care about what happens AFTER the fact.

Reminds me of THE KOREAN deal, i.e. "just pay me, what happens after that, I don't know."
very true

rainny;3430637 said:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31740...nt/t/jacksons-mysterious-adviser-tohme-opens/
Tohme, a financier with a murky past, had been contacted by Jackson’s brother, Jermaine.

This has been posted before, but it's good to revisit it, in light of the art-sale. I wonder WHAT involvement Tohme has with all of this? And why there is a letter giving away a priceless art-collection, but Tohme refuses to "validate it as authentic?" At this point, I really do hope that the Estate steps in an issues some sort of statement, for clarity.

From that article, THIS stands out:

“I built a fence around Michael to keep people out,” he said, acknowledging that he cut costs by firing many members of the Jackson staff, including security guards. And he twice fired the children’s nanny, Grace Rawaramba, on Jackson’s orders.
“I was trying to do what we could to maximize his profits and minimize spending. I wanted to find a way to reel in all the loans he had.
“We had an agreement,” Tohme continued. “I would never interfere with his creative decisions and he wouldn’t interfere with my business decisions.”

Note, "he wouldn't interfere with my business decisions?" Michael was a man who was very much involved in his own "business decisions," and there was a time when he would sign all checks over fifty-dollars! (Also, Tohme said he had no experience in the entertainment industry!???) Is this art-sale ANOTHER "business decision" by Tohme?

Rhilo;3430809 said:
No fake ass monument is worth the treasure of Michael's own hand-drawn art. Anybody can make a monument, but only Michael can draw those, and he's no more. It's a win-lose situation.
For real, I mean seriously, why should Michael's artwork have to pay for a monument. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

BLS is trying to make it sound like he is doing something for Michael's fans, but in my opinion, all he is trying to do is line his OWN pockets and the pockets of whomever in the Jackson family is going along with his scheme.

Let's see, from belts, to an MJ necklace with wings, to perfume, to a musuem in Gary, to a fun park in Vietnam, to ice cream, to lithographs, and now a monument supposedly paid for by Michael's OWN art. UNREAL!

For real, I mean seriously, why should Michael's artwork have to pay for a monument. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Isn't that a bit like buying your own engagement ring?

ginvid;3430860 said:
Isn't that a bit like buying your own engagement ring?

Good analogy!

I think what's happened here is that the airplane hangar and its contents, were CONCEALED from the Estate while these deals were in progress. But, it became known to them through a request for "a release." And now they will have to deal with it?

The key question remains, did, or did not, Michael GIVE IT AWAY?? I think it's very likely that he did NOT. And, if he did not, it cannot be sold by anyone but the estate. If that is what they choose to do. Clearly, the art should be preserved as a collection, and exhibited. There would be HUGE interest in that, pretty sure.

The "monument" seems like a lot of SELF promotion by the artist. I think that anything like that, is for the Estate to do, primarily.

I think there was wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, by Katherine, Tohme, Brett, Jermaine, and the unfortunate. . . Mann. And now that has been discovered, and is a TYPICAL mess! So far, the Estate has been pretty patient with Katherine, and there has been a lot of HIDING behind her. I doubt that patience will last forever, though.

i wonder how much a major monument costs

ivy;3430870 said:

A LOT, because there would also be the real-estate it sits upon. And the cost of construction, and most likely, a hefty payment to the ARTIST. And what about access to it, i.e. parking? Maybe even security, to protect it?

This seems to me like a behind-the-scenes deal that went sour when a rock was turned over and the deal was exposed to the light. Now, there is a lot of scurrying and blinking in the light going on. This is ANOTHER fire the estate must put out, pretty sure.

Autumn II;3430874 said:
This seems to me like a behind-the-scenes deal that went sour when a rock was turned over and the deal was exposed to the light. Now, there is a lot of scurrying and blinking in the light going on. This is ANOTHER fire the estate must put out, pretty sure.
Yup!

It "appears" as if this whole thing has been going on for a minute.

MJ's fans are pretty swift and don't miss a trick, but this little action was definitely done in the dark, or we would have been aware of it a long time ago.

When the lights came on, this SCHEME became all about a monument. When the lights were still off, this SCHEME was all about how much money can we make.

I don't know who the "bidder" is, but I thank them for having the decency to ask The Estate of Michael Jackson for a RELEASE, otherwise this entire thing may have stayed in the dark.

I have a funny feeling that all of the folks involved in this madness didn't want the bidder to approach The Estate, because they already knew what would happen, once The Estate got involved, i.e. "Shut It Down!"

they just got caught again ,i don't know how many things katherin is hiding from estate just be because she wants to make money for whole clan.i really hope estate can get hold of these painting,if i am not wrong they are also working on museum thing.

Memefan;3430793 said:
I am not buying it.

They tried going behind the estate's back...and got caught.

...but IF the canopy design on the piano next to the staute maquette (the small one) in the photo a couple of pages back is part of the planned monument, why has this design got the dancing feet logo on it..has the estate already agreed this monument......?

Rhilo;3430799 said:
This is still messed up as hell. Their sense of entitlement is sickening. They have NO right to steal and sell-off Michael's stuff to line their own pockets with money. Shame on everybody including, Katherine.

BLS is BS. Michael was as close, if not more, to David Nordahl who drew him many times over. Whereas with BLS, I can only recall one painting he did of Michael, of which copies were being sold on ebay for a mint.

I think BLS's motives are pretty evident. Him trying to profit from the one painting he did of Michael compared to David Nordhal, who with his many artworks has not attempted to use them for profit. David could easily make a book with all the paintings he did of Michael.

Considering all this why the HELL would Michael gift away his entire collection to BLS, and not to David Nordhal? If Michael was to giveaway his entire collection of personal drawing to an artist, I'm sure he'd pick Nordhal over BLS. Nordhal maintained his friendship with Michael towards the very end. He was around Michael and his children, and Michael even requested him to do portraits of his kids. Who the heck is BLS? Does any of this make sense, and the fact that Michael would 'pick' BLS? IMO, BLS is a thief, and he is using Michael's family who is just as greedy to make money.

Leave the art for Michael's children. I'm hella pissed off.

There were Edit five BLS paintings that I know of (The Book, The Lovers, The Lovers ...misty version, Friends and 'Dangerous'...the latter with Michael's eyes from the album cover) and the Brotman Centre bronze, which looks as though it was done much earlier.

I agree about DN not having capitalized on his MJ art, but this is a little different, as BLS and MJ set up this formal 'Alliance', which does not seem to mirror arrangements with any other of MJs artists. The Alliance also had an address...a house, not the hangar. The house appeared to be purchased in 1989 and was sold in June 2005. (the same year BLS sought Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection*)....although I am not sure whose ownership it was in all that time. (I'm not putting a reference here as it is now a private address which I assume is unrelated to MJ).

It also looked as though the Alliance was thinking of investing in an art Gallery/ chain at one point...
http://www.allbusiness.com/north-america/united-states-california-metro-areas/290094-1.html

Singer Jackson, artist Strong negotiating for control of Gallery Rodeo International.
By Cole, Benjamin Mark

Monday, February 17 1992Publication: Los Angeles Business JournalShare:More Monday, February 17 1992

You are viewing page 1
Gallery Rodeo International Inc., a publicly traded company in the over-the-counter markets, announced last week that a partnership of singer-dancer Michael Jackson and artist Brett-Livingston Strong may buy majority control in the 4-year-old operation.

Jackson and Strong, through their limited partnership the Jackson-Strong Alliance, are negotiating to buy 4.13 million shares of Gallery Rodeo, a Beverly Hills-based chain of three art galleries which has about 6.67 million shares outstanding, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
A value on the bid was not disclosed. Shares traded last week in the $2.00 to $2.25-a-share range.
Gallery Rodeo reported a profit of $243,499 on revenues of $2.12 million in the quarter ended Sept. 30, according to its quarterly, 10Q filing with the SEC.

Although the company reported its sales were running ahead of last year's pace, it also said that price-cutting was needed to move product. "Due to the economic climate, the company made the decision to utilize discounting to a limited degree, to overcome resistance and stimulate sales," the company reported in its latest filing with the SEC.

Gallery Rodeo, which has galleries in Beverly Hills, Lake Arrowhead and Taos, N.M., has an exclusive agreement to sell and promote the works of Strong, a sculptor and painter.
Strong has earned headlines for such artistic successes as his large painting of Michael Jackson, which sold for $2.2 million to a Japanese buyer, and for carving a large boulder into a likeness of John Wayne's head. The boulder later fell down onto Pacific Coast Highway in a rainstorm.

Strong also sculpted a statute of John Lennon, which stood outside Los Angeles City Hall, but which since has been sold to private investors.
The Gallery Rodeo International board will shortly consider the Jackson-Strong bid for control of the company, said Stephen Thompson, 43, Gallery Rodeo president.
"We anticipate that an agreement will be tendered to the board in the next five to 10 days," said Thompson. "The terms are confidential at this time."

POstscript: The only other thing I could find out about Gallery Rodeo was this very sad story:.........
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/content/printVersion/164368/
In 1994, he thought he'd made a killer investment--Gallery Rodeo in Scottsdale, through its affiliate Gallery Rodeo of Beverly Hills, offered him prints by Brett Livingstone-Strong, an artist who often included Native Americans in his paintings. Gallery representatives persuaded Reverend Sky he could buy prints from Gallery Rodeo at a discounted price, and the gallery could later resell them for an immense profit. Reverend Sky purchased $18,400 worth of Livingstone-Strong art. He kept a few pieces in his house, then later returned them all to the gallery for resale at the request of gallery officials, he says............remainder of he story is at the link

And this business analysis showing $3.5mill losses in 1993...Edit: which includes no mention of the Alliance, indicating no involvement of the Alliance in this business ie no purchase.
http://google.brand.edgar-online.co...D=262115-5991-30371&SessionID=CTZFHeJgWDFbkl7

* Re BLS Chapter 11 filing
http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/brett-livingstone-strong

Last edited:
His art belongs to his kids.

Why the family and the other vultures want to sell his art ? The only people who can say sell or don't sell it's his kids that's it.

It's a part of their father,I don't believe one seconde that the MJ kids would sell it.

Yes, but according to what Ivy posted, the "alliance" was back-dated. The registration date was actually 2010! And now? Tohme won't authenticate the letter. If it was legitimate, that should be no problem. Right?

the sad part is there's plenty of other shady dealings going on, shady character are probably meeting and discussing their next move as we discuss this. I can't think of any person who didn't betray/disapoint Michael one way or the other.

twinklEE;3430932 said:
the sad part is there's plenty of other shady dealings going on, shady character are probably meeting and discussing their next move as we discuss this. I can't think of any person who didn't betray/disapoint Michael one way or the other.

His CHILDREN didn't betray him. Otherwise, the beat goes on.

Autumn II;3430934 said:
His CHILDREN didn't betray him. Otherwise, the beat goes on.
I was talking about adults not his children

Last edited:
Big Apple2;3430880 said:
I have a funny feeling that all of the folks involved in this madness didn't want the bidder to approach The Estate, because they already knew what would happen, once The Estate got involved, i.e. "Shut It Down!"
Autumn II;3430874 said:
Now, there is a lot of scurrying and blinking in the light going on. This is ANOTHER fire the estate must put out, pretty sure.

That's what I think too. :fear:

ivy;3430579 said:
I couldn't get a comment from MJ estate but Brett Livingstone-Strong just responded to my email. This is what he said

"

note: "LA major A.V" is Antonio Villaraigosa
Bridgett_361;3430588 said:
Working with mrs Jackson??? why do this give me the chills
Vici;3430661 said:
Katherine & Brett July 5th, 2011
267881_10150247884298213_43921468212_7354474_8322873_n.jpg

The Mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa, visits July 5th, 2011

271046_10150247887678213_43921468212_7354493_239729_n.jpg

:eek:

:wtf:

:no:

Oh God.... :doh: I feel a very bad smell about this whole thing. :( The Estate will have a tough job ahead. :fear:

Seems to me that mj let him have the stuff to put on display in a joint biz deal and after 09 hes trying to sell them to make a fast buck and hes been caught out

Autumn II;3430928 said:
Yes, but according to what Ivy posted, the "alliance" was back-dated. The registration date was actually 2010! And now? Tohme won't authenticate the letter. If it was legitimate, that should be no problem. Right?

I think the Alliance was long-standing..1989 onwards. I think the registration of copyright for the artwork which was produced from the alliance ( by MJ) was registered in 2010.

From the article a few posts above^^^^^^^ in 1992, 'Jackson and Strong, through their limited partnership the Jackson-Strong Alliance, are negotiating to buy 4.13 million shares of Gallery Rodeo'.

ivy;3430870 said:

I think the National monument to the US constitution (one of a pair with the US Presidency monument) apparently cost $650K including transportation (vlex has an interesting case re transportation of something big, involving BLS but I can't read all of it without paying!)
http://www.tjclassof1965.com/News/2... Post.jpg on the U.S. Presidency Monument.pdf

The use of artwork as collateral for fundraising to build monuments seems to be a standard practice for BLS.
Interestingly, BLS seemed to be using prints and artists proofs of 'The Book' and other works as collateral for a proposed 'Statue of Freedom' monument. The appraiser is again 'Belgo', but unfortunately I cannot see a date on the appraisal document. I guess it must be before these prints were bought by the private investor, possibly whilst they were being held as collateral by one of the financial institutions.
http://thebookportrait.com/appraisers_commentary.pdf
APPRAISER’S COMMENTARY
This exceptional collection of original works of fine art is in pristine condition and has indeed increased 10 percent. I have determined this valuable signed limited edition collection has remained
constant since the 1998-99 retail values of $5000 per signed print and up to $7500 per signed artist proof. These works will certainly increase with the artist’s continuing public exposure. With the announcement of the Statue of Freedom project in the near future, Brett-Livingstone Strong’s entirecollection will instantly increase 20 percent. The works also retain large market value due to their history as collateral in a major financial loan.It is therefore my professional opinion that if this rare intact major collection remains a whole as collateral for yet another loan in connection to the Artist’s Statue of Freedom Monument, the collection will have achieved an invaluable pedigree not only for future sales to the international art market and individual collectors but to the major international Contemporary Fine Art Museums as well.
It is very important to note that it is indeed rare for an artist of any era to create such high standards of fine art and accumulate such a unique and highly valuable collection. The use of the collection as a financial instrument more than once has increased the intrinsic value of each signed work. These early and precious works by this prolific artist have been carefully stored and held back from the open art market for many years. This has therefore starved the potential collector base and international market, creating a very bright and valuable future for the collection. This storage has silently generated a real demand that will certainly explode naturally following the Artist’s next major endeavor, previously noted as the Statue of Freedom. The Artist’s business plan is attached to this appraisal to further verify the eminent and ever increasing value of this collection.
Eric Finzi – Professional Fine Art AppraiserCertified Member of the international Society of Appraisers

Last edited:
Michael's drawings and other artwork is so personal and precious. There is no question this belongs to his children. I would think it would be priceless to them. Why doesn't Katherine see this?

Back