Michael planned classical orchestrated Album

Re: Michael's instrumental album

Oh my, I bet that music would be amazing. I really hope we get to hear it. And what an amazing account as well, LOL at the dog taking a dip in the pool.
I'd LOVE to hear some of Michael's classical pieces... I've lately been into lots of classical music/opera so this would be the cherry on top of the cake for me. I'm sure they're beautiful compositions and LOL yeah I laughed picturing Michael making one of his "worried" expressions as he saw the dog. :laugh:

An MJ classical album will have a very very low sales expectation IMO. - BAD25 did not sell very well, and that was a live album, the first BAD concert released and great new songs!

From a buisness point of view it will make no, or little, sense to release it! - Only some hardcore fans will buy it, and far from every fan will wanna spend money on a MJ instrumental (Classical) album!

So it will not be very good buisness - and SONY is a buisness and the estate needs to earn money too! - So why risk loosing money on a classical album noone expect a few hardcore fans will want to buy?? Or even be intrested in!

Well, if the expectation is that everything always will have to sell mighty well then we will never get a lot of good material. They might as well as just keep releasing Thriller related stuff all the time, because that's the only thing the general public seems to be interested in. That and Greatest Hits albums.

Classical albums are usually not big sellers, yet they are worth to be released for their record labels. How? It doesn't have to be with a big PR campaign (that's what is costly), it can be a low key fan release, I don't care. I just want to hear it. Or just set up that collector's label for MJ so that fans get the good stuff, while they can keep releasing Thriller remixes and GH albums for the general public.

Last edited:
Why was Michael working with both a classical album and a pop album?
I wonder if he had plans to release a double album, with both of them.

An MJ classical album will have a very very low sales expectation IMO. - BAD25 did not sell very well, and that was a live album, the first BAD concert released and great new songs!

From a buisness point of view it will make no, or little, sense to release it! - Only some hardcore fans will buy it, and far from every fan will wanna spend money on a MJ instrumental (Classical) album!

So it will not be very good buisness - and SONY is a buisness and the estate needs to earn money too! - So why risk loosing money on a classical album noone expect a few hardcore fans will want to buy?? Or even be intrested in!

Because it's good art, and that to me, is what music is about.

Me too. - But realisticly I do not think a classical album will sell very much. - And if it does not make money for SONY and The Estate they wont release it.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but from a buisness point there is very little reason to release it if it does not make money... :(

An MJ classical album will have a very very low sales expectation IMO. !

And who cares about sales? :blink: :scratch:For me the most important is to celebrate Michael, the artist he was and keep his legacy alive for future generations. I'm not interested in how much it would sell -_- and I really do not know why many fans care so much about it. :bugeyed I never cared about this. :fear: The whole world knows that Michael was the greatest entertainer that ever walked the earth. NOW.... need more prove? :unsure: No! We need not show/prove the size of the greatness of Michael. :coffee:

And who cares about sales? :blink: :scratch:For me the most important is to celebrate Michael, the artist he was and keep his legacy alive for future generations. I'm not interested in how much it would sell -_- and I really do not know why many fans care so much about it. :bugeyed I never cared about this. :fear: The whole world knows that Michael was the greatest entertainer that ever walked the earth. NOW.... need more prove? :unsure: No! We need not show/prove the size of the greatness of Michael. :coffee:

Who cares about sales??? - SONY and The Estate. Releasing an album is not free - so it needs to sell a certain amount of copies just to earn the cost in! - They will never release it just for the fun of it, they have to make money!! - If there is even a little risk they will end up spending more money on releasing it than they earn they will NEVER EVER release it!!

Personally I do not care about sales of MJ's album - and even less if it was a Classical MJ album - but it's buisness not a philanthropic company... Face reality. ;)

Who cares about sales??? - SONY and The Estate. Releasing an album is not free - so it needs to sell a certain amount of copies just to earn the cost in! - They will never release it just for the fun of it, they have to make money!! - If there is even a little risk they will end up spending more money on releasing it than they earn they will NEVER EVER release it!!

Personally I do not care about sales of MJ's album - and even less if it was a Classical MJ album - but it's buisness not a philanthropic company... Face reality. ;)

Oh yes, I forgot.... money. Always the money. Well, Michael has always been a money making machine millions, billions... How could I forget this big detail. :wtf: :doh: :smilerolleyes: *sarcasm :p :fear:* Well, Michael is no longer here, so... Ah, nevermind.... *big sigh*

It's sad that money issues can prevent us from hearing the magic MJ created. It sucks! :no:

:angry: :throwingstones :ranting: :rant:

:question: :shout: :throwingstones: :violincrash:

:scream: :shutup: :frustrated:

Please release the Classical Album!

:angry: :throwingstones :ranting: :rant:

:question: :shout: :throwingstones: :violincrash:

:scream: :shutup: :frustrated:

Please release the Classical Album!

:agree: :bow: :bow: :clapping: :agree:

Agreed!! - Please release it for the world to enjoy!! :)

But then hardly any classical album would get a release because they do not sell. So why do record labels still release classical albums then? How is that worth for them?

But then hardly any classical album would get a release because they do not sell. So why do record labels still release classical albums then? How is that worth for them?

You sure has a point there... - Gives me a little hope. :)

Amen. Honestly, who cares about sales? He's already the best/highest selling music artist ever, globally. If we are worried about having top sales all the time, we'll never hear new stuff. It doesn't matter to me if every Dick and Jane will or will not buy the classical album. Fans and people who appreciate that kind of music will. Like I said, he's already sold more albums than anybody. This will just add to that. It's about the art, not the money. :)

Amen. Honestly, who cares about sales? He's already the best/highest selling music artist ever, globally. If we are worried about having top sales all the time, we'll never hear new stuff. It doesn't matter to me if every Dick and Jane will or will not buy the classical album. Fans and people who appreciate that kind of music will. Like I said, he's already sold more albums than anybody. This will just add to that. It's about the art, not the money. :)

I agree. - But I doubt SONY and The Estate agrees...

Surely they could add this classical album to any new release as a bonus. This way the fans get to hear what Michael wanted us to hear and it wouldn't cost a lot to add the classical stuff as a bonus album. Everyone wins, the estate or Sony still get the sales they want and the fans get the extra's they want. Win, win.

I think what would cost money is the orchestration and recording. From the article in the OP:

I laid the music all out on my computer and started on the orchestrations. Finally, a week before Michael died, his manager, Frank Dileo, called and asked me for an email with the budget and an electronic mock-up of the music, the costs of orchestration.

I need this album!! This is my dream, Michael Jackson AND classical music in one. No it won't b a huge seller but there'll be many people who will love and appreciate it. Estate please please please give us this!

I think what would cost money is the orchestration and recording. From the article in the OP:

It would cost them about 500k i reckon, to hire out a world class orchestra like the berlin phil or the LSO or whatever, plus studio and recording. Profit margin would be very thin on that, it would have to sell somewhere close to a top 10 pop release for them to have a chance at profit. But it's just an educated guess, being a company they may have deals where they can get lower prices than you or me.

Surely they could add this classical album to any new release as a bonus. This way the fans get to hear what Michael wanted us to hear and it wouldn't cost a lot to add the classical stuff as a bonus album. Everyone wins, the estate or Sony still get the sales they want and the fans get the extra's they want. Win, win.
I agree with you, but I don't think $ony has ever cared about what we want, lol.

As far as I can see, most people's guess is that it wouldn't be worth releasing because it'd be like throwing money away for $ony, since they're not regaining it, so why not make it a non physical release? something like Spike's docu? most people are hating that idea but I think it'd be something that could work with a possible release of a classical album. Only MJ hardcore fans would buy it and there wouldn't be any high sales expectations from the beginning because they'd know the kind of audience they're aiming to from the start. Am I getting too desperate here? would that be plausible? :ph34r:

As far as I can see, most people's guess is that it wouldn't be worth releasing because it'd be like throwing money away for $ony, since they're not regaining it, so why not make it a non physical release? something like Spike's docu? most people are hating that idea but I think it'd be something that could work with a possible release of a classical album. Only MJ hardcore fans would buy it and there wouldn't be any high sales expectations from the beginning because they'd know the kind of audience they're aiming to from the start. Am I getting too desperate here? would that be plausible? :ph34r:

Yes, I too want some kind of release. But the thing that would cost money in this is the orchestrationand and the recording. Which had to be done even in the case of digital only release.

Yes, I too want some kind of release. But the thing that would cost money in this is the orchestrationand and the recording. Which had to be done even in the case of digital only release.

Are we talking millions? :ph34r: forgive me but I don't know much about that sort of expenses like orchestration or recording fees. That means they couldn't get that money back with just hardcore fans buying? not that it wouldn't be a good number of people but yeah, I'm just curious.

They made BAD25 the way many fans wanted.

I think it´s just not hardcore fans who would be interested in a classical album.
I can think of some people who are not fans who probably would be interested to hear Michael´s classical music.
it´s unreleased music we haven´t heard before, just what many fans ask for and I believe if non fans hear about it many will be curious to hear what it sounds like.

It would be wonderful to go to a concert where a symphony orchestra plays Michael´s classical music.

Are we talking millions? :ph34r: forgive me but I don't know much about that sort of expenses like orchestration or recording fees. That means they couldn't get that money back with just hardcore fans buying? not that it wouldn't be a good number of people but yeah, I'm just curious.

I don't know how much it would cost. Depends on the orcherstra, I would guess.

I don't know how much it would cost. Depends on the orcherstra, I would guess.

Just what I figured, I just didn't want to make wrong guesses. As usual with many of Michael's unfinished projects... we can only hope someone [w/ the means and love for the project(s)] decides to take a chance and support them so they can see the light.

Wow, I'd absolutely love for them to do this! I love classical music (well, mainly soundtracks) and combining it with one of my favourite artists of all time... :woohoo:

I'd definitely buy a copy, plus it'd show us and the public a side we've never really seen of him! :)

Back