Michael planned classical orchestrated Album

Re: Michael planned classical orchestrated Album [merged]

It'd be such a dream come true to have that album! :heart:

It'll always be such delight to see/know more about Michael's versatility in other art fields! :girl_love:

I for one am extremely interested in hearing what Michael would have done. I mean, listen to the instrumental of Little Susie. It's haunting but spectacular. An instrumental album would fail completely, but throwing in an unreleased classical track as a B-side to a single would be fantastic.

YES! THe structure of Little Suzie always grabs me and makes me realize again what an outstanding composer of classical music Michael must have been. He was a natural genius when it came to structure and composition of music- I read several pieces by music professors and students highlighting how he naturally grasped concepts other people spend years acquiring. I hope, as time goes by, the world will see how much broader an influence on music Michael was than he is given credit for. Right now, his name is still associated with "just" pop- but I think over time that will change. Remember, Mozart, in his time, was sneered at by many contemporaries for his "light" music.

Calling Michael ''The King Of Pop'' really is underrating him. Don't get me wrong it's a great title to have but Michael was so much more than just pop

Calling Michael ''The King Of Pop'' really is underrating him. Don't get me wrong it's a great title to have but Michael was so much more than just pop

Agreed.....I've always thought that as well....King of Entertainment more like it. I don't even think of 'pop' music when I think of Michael Jackson...The title really is too limiting for the giant he was...

YES! THe structure of Little Suzie always grabs me and makes me realize again what an outstanding composer of classical music Michael must have been. He was a natural genius when it came to structure and composition of music- I read several pieces by music professors and students highlighting how he naturally grasped concepts other people spend years acquiring. I hope, as time goes by, the world will see how much broader an influence on music Michael was than he is given credit for. Right now, his name is still associated with "just" pop- but I think over time that will change. Remember, Mozart, in his time, was sneered at by many contemporaries for his "light" music.

Where are those articles? I'd love to read them!

I would be very grateful if they released it.
It would be nice to listen to the music he composed

Ooh i want them to release it

:candy:

Hope we will get to hear them one day.

I love classical music. And the fact that it's from Michael, that's the cherry on top. Hopefully it will get released.

Obviously a classical album will not set the charts afire (classical albums very rarely do, if ever at all, not even the music of classic composers) but I'm sure many MJ fans would be interested in what kind of classical music Michael did. I'm sure interested!

I think it would be great for his legacy to have the classical music he wrote performed. It would alter people's understanding of him, let them know how versatile and how talented and how creative he was. Even if it is not a huge hit, which it probably wouldn't be, it is still worthwhile for the whole picture. And yes, MJ fans, and some are classical music lovers as well, would want to hear it.

Also with the Cirque "One" show, why couldn't they do something to MJ's classical music--could be excellent!!!!

Has there been anymore word about this? The music is written, correct? Who is the music in the hands of, currently? I truly think this should be released. It would be so amazing for his legacy and it would really let people see the real genius he was.

Is there anything we can do to draw more attention to this?

I would love to hear this classical music.

awesome,the question is will it ever be released

I think it will be released one day.

From the article in the beginning of this thread

My guess is that each piece would be seven to ten minutes long. [Each one] is more substantial than a song. It’s very pretty music. One piece had an Irish quality about it. I suggested that we could use a Celtic harp. The pieces sound like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely very strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa -- that kind of John Barry score. I could hear [in my head] sweeping strings and French horns in unison.
I long to hear it.

Last edited:
I would love to hear that classical music that Michael composed too :blush:
Just PLEASE "PURE Michael" :smilerolleyes:

I don't exactly care about the commercial side of it... Never had anyway... I don't care if it sells Millions... *shrugs*

I just :love: to listen to Music Michael composed cause it has 'his essence' poured into it :angel:

Wish he got to record it some... Little Susie is among MJ's greatest work. If he only realized how great he was at songs like that

The Estate should really really reach out to David Michael Frank and record the missing instruments like the harp. They could release it as a double album: The finished version + a CD with MJs demos.

I'm really extremely curious about this one. It's one of the projects I'm hoping for the most!

Interesting that someone brought this thread back to life, because ever so often I think of this album and wonder about it. I am so curious to hear what it sounds like. It amazes me the versatility of Michael's talent.

Michael trusted people but not when it came to his music.
Would he really give the only copy of it to D M Frank even if he had a good reputation?
I think if something happened ,Michael had to prove it was his music.
I believe Michael had another copy of it.

Besides D M Frank worked on it so why haven´t he contacted the estate to get the money he earned?

I would love to hear MJ's classical music.

Hope we will hear it one day!

Though in my opinion, there is no voice more beautiful than Michael's.....I would also LOVE to hear what classical compositions he was working on.
Listening to the instrumental version of Childhood, I am pretty sure it's all amazing.

I doubt we will ever have a MJ classical album release! :(

Would love it very much - but I really don't think it will ever happen.

He had been wanting to do classical music since Off the Wall if I recall. Why he didn't between Thriller and Bad or between Bad and Dangerous or maybe during the HIStory period is beyond me. He did have ample opportunity after the HIStory tour to do it but he was still consumed with competition in modern pop that he couldn't resist trying it one more time. :(

An MJ classical album will have a very very low sales expectation IMO. - BAD25 did not sell very well, and that was a live album, the first BAD concert released and great new songs!

From a buisness point of view it will make no, or little, sense to release it! - Only some hardcore fans will buy it, and far from every fan will wanna spend money on a MJ instrumental (Classical) album!

So it will not be very good buisness - and SONY is a buisness and the estate needs to earn money too! - So why risk loosing money on a classical album noone expect a few hardcore fans will want to buy?? Or even be intrested in!

Back