Michael planned classical orchestrated Album

I'd like to hear the material, but I hope there's detailed proof of the music that could be shown in the liner notes and such. I'm not sure I'd trust an album of instrumentals with nothing more than the story of him wanting to record a classical project being the only proof.

I'd like to hear the material, but I hope there's detailed proof of the music that could be shown in the liner notes and such. I'm not sure I'd trust an album of instrumentals with nothing more than the story of him wanting to record a classical project being the only proof.

Michael recorded the songs (probably by singing the different instrumental parts) because the man who met with MJ listened to the material.. so all they would really have to do for "proof" is also release MJ's demos of how he wanted it to sound.. along with the completed pieces

Boy I really would have loved to see Michael talents in this area. You do hear a lot of classical in his music. He had a love for it.

This news is amazing and I cant tell you how excited I am about this possibility. This will be so huge for MJ's legacy. I was so overwhelmed that I sent an email to composer David Michael Frank expressing my gratitude, excitement on him considering this and I hope that he contacts the estate about completing this MJ's fans, the world and more importantly his children. I would encourage everyone to contact him and let him know how we feel about this.

The album would have been something special, the way he built music in layers and how he could hear what wasn't there that shud be there was amazing.. I personally think that ear was helped to be developed by quincy.. Jazz musicians train themselves to hear 2 additional layers of music than what the average ear hears.. That's why the overall sound of jazz sounds so complete even without vocals.. Michael had that ear and for an artist in the pop industry to have that is supper unique.

Not to mention his love for classical music! A true fan of the art that has the gift of hearing the way he did, understanding of manipulating sounds for specific effects in the brain.

It probably would have been one of the most celebrated classical album of our generation even without the name Michael Jackson behind it.

It would be wonderful if they started work on this project. It's what I'm most looking forward to!

I hope this project is next after the "pop" album. This is where Michaels heart was (classical music) and it deserves to be released. Maybe they could use it also for a movie soundtrack? Or maybe Michael had something different in mind? (maybe just the CD with the music, as the "soundtrack" to a novel he loves, for a stage show, for a graphic adventure (videogame)? )

Do we know if he actually made a move on this at any point? I mean Michael planned to do a lot of things that never materialized at all. Is there any info on songs started etc?

There were no songs recorded by MJ. This project was still in the early stages and a classical composer was recording and presenting some ideas MJ expressed to him. but he died before they could move any further with the project. That is what I remember from the articles and statements after MJ passed. It should be in the first post I believe.

Do we know if he actually made a move on this at any point? I mean Michael planned to do a lot of things that never materialized at all. Is there any info on songs started etc?

Have you read the first post in this thread?

Michael Jackson Project

David Michael Frank was collaborating with Michael Jackson on a recording project at the time of the singer’s tragic death. Jackson personally chose Frank to orchestrate and conduct a new album of Jackson’s original, classical compositions. An update on the status of this project will be posted in the near future.
http://www.davidmichaelfrank.com/

Interesting.
I don´t know when the latest news were posted

I really hope there's enough material (Michael's recordings, indications how he wanted the pieces done) to be completed. I bet many of us are really looking forward this project to see the light. Thank you MIST! :)

There was at least some (demo) music done by MJ with some missing sections. MJ and DMF were on the piano together and Michael hummed him the missing sections which he wanted him to conduct/orchestrate.

From the original article: ..."He said, ‘I’m making a CD.’ Then his son, Prince Michael, came in, and Michael asked him to find a CD player. Paris found one and brought it in with Prince. Michael played the CD. It was very pretty music. He said, ‘But a section is missing.’ He played a second piece. And he said, ‘But a section is missing, too. But I can hum it to you.’ I asked if there was a piano in the house, and he said there was one in the pool house... I sat at the piano and Michael hummed the missing part of one of the pieces. I had taken a little digital recorder with me and asked if I could record him. He was in perfect pitch. I tried to figure out chords to go with it as he hummed. He said, ‘Your instincts are totally right about the chords.’...Michael was very anxious to get the pieces orchestrated and record the music with a big orchestra. I suggested we record it at the Fox, Sony or Warner Brothers lot...I laid the music all out on my computer and started on the orchestrations. Finally, a week before Michael died, his manager, Frank Dileo, called and asked me for an email with the budget and an electronic mock-up of the music, the costs of orchestration.

Now I have no idea what’s going to happen with this. I’m hoping the family will do something to get this done. I will not bring it up [with them] until after what I think is an appropriate time."

Maybe someone could tell him he has to contact/work with the estate, not the family? Feel free to e-mail him and ask him about the project, I already did :)

IMO it really should be the estate's job to contact everybody Michael ever worked with and gather all the tracks from different producers, and especially get this classical project done.

Last edited:
One more wish for the classical album

There is a lot of mentioning's by fans that could clearly make it seem like there was a new discovery.. The first page was made a pretty long time ago..

Would love to see this materialize... It makes me wonder what exactly the Jackson Family took from Carolwood after he passed.. I'm sure there had to be music, in some for at least left behind. I wish we'd see this and the will.i.am material, ultimately. Something makes me think that he may have used some of MJ's ideas for his own gain though... I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

.Michael was very anxious to get the pieces orchestrated and record the music with a big orchestra. I suggested we record it at the Fox, Sony or Warner Brothers lot..

IMO it really should be the estate's job to contact everybody Michael ever worked with and gather all the tracks from different producers, and especially get this classical project done.

I agree with you This really needs to see the light of day. In honor of Michael wishes .

If projects like Xscape sells really good I think it´s a better chance they release projects like the classical album.

This is real and legit, guys. It was played at "Brad x2" seminar session.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/157207502&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false"></iframe>

So I guess this album would have sounded like this. It's a remake after "Pavane Pour one infante défunte" by Maurice Ravel.

Moromete;4030421 said:
This is real and legit, guys. It was played at "Brad x2" seminar session.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/157207502&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false"></iframe>

So I guess this album would have sounded like this. It's a remake after "Pavane Pour one infante défunte" by Maurice Ravel.

why would mj make a classical album with synths, and i don't hear any breathing or whispering from people at the seminar as youd expect. this guys soundcloud is riddled with fake songs

why would mj make a classical album with synths, and i don't hear any breathing or whispering from people at the seminar as youd expect. this guys soundcloud is riddled with fake songs
It's real.

[youtube]czLiY5r3YIY[/youtube]

6:25

Moromete;4030421 said:
I don't think the album would have sounded anything like this to be honest. This is just a synthesized version of Pavane that Brad Buxer made for Moulin Rouge, and which Michael apparently really liked.

We know that for MJ's classical album, he composed his own pieces. In addition, David Michael Frank said that MJ wanted to record them with an orchestra. And I also do not think I have ever seen MJ mention Ravel as one of his inspirations. By all accounts he was more into Copland, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, and so on. David Michael Frank also said MJ's compositions sounded like film score music, and even explicitly compared one of the pieces to John Barry's Out of Africa. (The main title of which is this beautiful piece, for those not familiar with it: )
[video=youtube;kGl0xQ7tCuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGl0xQ7tCuU[/video]

That's more the kind of sound I would expect.

My guess is that each piece would be seven to ten minutes long. [Each one] is more substantial than a song. It’s very pretty music. One piece had an Irish quality about it. I suggested that we could use a Celtic harp. The pieces sound like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely very strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa -- that kind of John Barry score
David Michael Frank

I wish we could get any updates on this project! Honestly, this is the project I've been most interested in for the past 5 years. Because it truly does represent 'new' material from Michael that gives us a taste of his intended aspirations for the future..

Re: Michael's instrumental album

Has there been any more word on this? This would be the most amazing album that could be released. Just listening to instrumental versions of songs like Childhood gives me shivers.

I agree i would love to see a album like that. Smile would get me i try not cry when i hear that song.

Any updated on this by the way?

God I'd love to see his classical compositions completed.

I don't think the album would have sounded anything like this to be honest. This is just a synthesized version of Pavane that Brad Buxer made for Moulin Rouge, and which Michael apparently really liked.

We know that for MJ's classical album, he composed his own pieces. In addition, David Michael Frank said that MJ wanted to record them with an orchestra. And I also do not think I have ever seen MJ mention Ravel as one of his inspirations. By all accounts he was more into Copland, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, and so on. David Michael Frank also said MJ's compositions sounded like film score music, and even explicitly compared one of the pieces to John Barry's Out of Africa. (The main title of which is this beautiful piece, for those not familiar with it: )

That's more the kind of sound I would expect.

I agree. The sound would also be more like the intro to Earth Song IMO.

In january 2014 I posted this

Jackson personally chose Frank to orchestrate and conduct a new album of Jackson’s original, classical compositions. An update on the status of this project will be posted in the near future.

This year I can read this

Two months before his tragic death, Michael Jackson personally chose Frank to orchestrate and conduct a new album of Jackson’s original, classical compositions. They began collaborating on the first two instrumental pieces, which were going to be recorded by an 80-piece orchestra in Los Angeles or London
http://www.davidmichaelfrank.com/

Nothing about update of the project.
There were several of us who wished for this album in the thread where you can ask for projects to happen.
Maybe the Estate has it now

It s cool to me that Michael chose Frank for this project.
Frank has made some timeless pieces such as.. the Family Ties theme and Different Strokes, right.?

I didn´t know anything about Frank but I know Michael wanted to work with the best.

Back