Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

So, its here!:wild:....'Michael'.....I love the title chosen!

The wait is over (almost) and I am happy to see the elation amongst the fans. I don't even know what to say right now 'cause I'm feeling a bit enotional.

Hopefully we will all give this album and all that is to come a fair chance, without resorting to complaints easily.

Thank you Michael!

BTW....with Tropical Storm Tomas churning close to us here in Jamaica right now, my mind is all over the place right now.

Last edited:

You guys, I want to sream so loud, but I am at work and I would be fired. So here's a low "YAY!!!!"

I am dancing around in my heart and mind. :dancing:

Man i'm shocked too! I'm out of words right now :eek: I can't wait to hear the song on Monday, and to pre-order the album very soon!!!! :D :D The album cover looks amazing, reminds me of the Dangerous album cover so much, but anyways it looks totally amazing!

Can't wait to hear the whole album and to hear something new and unreleased from MJ again :') God I'm so happy, YES!!!!!!!!!

As artwork I love the design, and I agree that it probably opens up on both sides, the dangerous logo on the right hand side suggests this.

But as a cover for what is supposed to be the "NEW" album it fails. Naming it "Michael" and using a cover like this risks everyday people thinking this is a retrospective or another Greatest hits package. Whether that matters to most MJ's fans is besides the point, the public mass is where the majority of the sales come from. If they are confused it will be a mistake.

This cover would have worked better for the "Vison" box set.

I was told by a friend in L.A. who works at a radio station that the name "Immortal" was going to be used. Evidently the name couldn't be used because of the Circ show, they are reworking all the songs for the live show (like they did with Elvis and The Beatles) and they plan on releasing a soundtrack album with the title "Immortal". He seems to think that the name was changed at the last minute and they decided to go with just "Michael". If you think about it this cover would have made more since with the title "Immortal" because he will live forever through these massive moments he created (represented in the cover.)

Can't fuckkkiiinngggg wait !

I thought we would get a tracklist and an official iTunes single date and such ...

Also , is the teaser going to be a clip from the song ?

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i left school! i had get home! lol omg!!!

there so much mj news going on ... im so overwhelmed ..
cant wait to hear the new song tho

Wow, this is BRILLIANT news!

Not keen on the album cover. It looks like a cheaper version of Dangerous. Don't mind the album name but it could have been better.

But still, WHO CARES! New material - new songs - new madness! A huge, happy fanbase!

Thank you Michael for leaving your legacy with us - what a happy Christmas this is going to be :)

If I look at the pre order page it looks like the CD is packed in an ugly standart CD case:(
I hope this is just concept.

:wild::wild::wild::clapping::clapping::clapping: :wub: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's finally happening!! I cried tears of joy and sadness, but I'm so happy about this!
Do we know how many tracks are on it?
I agree with others that I do love the album cover, but they should have used a more recent photo for the very front.
But I love it and I'm sooooooooo excited!!!!! :wild::wild::wild:

It is... a song about how the press always used Michael's name without really knowing him.

Ele74

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the song but I wish they had used at least one fresher photo of MJ on the cover art. Either way this is all really exciting!

I am soooooo proud of Michael! :wub::wub::wub: I feel like my heart is about to explode.

If I look at the pre order page it looks like the CD is packed in an ugly standart CD case:(
I hope this is just concept.

I hope it's just a concept too... :pray: Estate/Sony Please USE RECENT Pictures for RECENT MATERIAL.

'Michael'

Simply........'Michael'.

Thats all thats needed to say. No 'immortal', no 'eternal' no, 'The future'.

Just....'Michael'. Thats all that needs to be said.

What does it mean this:

"...fans will get mind-blowing insight into how this artist worked and a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition."

had a desire to bring to fruition?

What does it means? Unfinished maybe?

Probably unfinished. There is a bonus track that is about 10 or 20 minutes long on the Let It Be Naked album of the Beatles called "Fly On The Wall" and it is them recording in the studio and talking, hence the name fly on the wall. I wonder if that is what they might do for MJ.

right now i am not going to complain because last week was just blaahhhhhh,finally michaels voice is coming to SLAY OUR SOUL :DANCIN:

smoothcriminal12;3046135 said:
<CENTER>MUCH ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM FROM THE KING OF POP
MICHAEL
TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 14

Exclusive Teaser and Song to be Unveiled on MichaelJackson.com

</CENTER>New York, NY – The much anticipated album of newly completed recordings from Michael Jackson entitled MICHAEL will be released on December 14 by Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson. Tomorrow, an exclusive teaser for the project will appear on www.michaeljackson.com; on Monday, November 8th the world premiere of “Breaking News,” a full track from the album, will stream on the site for one week only.

The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album; unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend’s home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators. Now, through the unique stories that will be told about the songs that comprise MICHAEL, fans will get mind-blowing insight into how this artist worked and a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition.

“Breaking News,” a never heard before song by Michael that appears on the new album was recorded in New Jersey in 2007 and recently brought to completion. Fans can begin pre-ordering the album on www.michaeljackson.com in the next 24 hours.

The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.

Stay tuned for the worldwide launch of the official first single from MICHAEL later this month.
www.michaeljackson.com

foamy.gif

CAN'T WAIT!! But honestly the cover is pretty horrible.

I have mixed feelings on this by as using Michael as a cash cow continues.... but on the other hand, to hear his voice again! I am worried about the "story" of how it isn't supposed to be him on some tracks.Though i should know better to believe the press.Feeling conflicted on this & feel like bursting into tears to be honest.

I hope it's not all "cascio" recordings but some will.iam as well

happy!happy!! happy!!!
I dont like the album cover,It's as if MJ never existed post dangerous and kinda busy too.

For all those saying they are annoyed there isnt a recent picture of MJ.

It wasnt created for the album, its just a painting someone made in 2009 which they decided to use for the album.

No point looking for a painting just because it includes a more recent Michael......

They just clearly picked the best painting they could find, and its beautiful.

'Michael'

Simply........'Michael'.

Exactly.

Michael... that's all that needs to be said, make it the name of the album or the artist himself.

How are you doing L.T.D.? God I'm so excited!

'Michael'

Simply........'Michael'.

my thoughts exactly! I love it that they chose "Michael" as the title. When there was speculation about the title and fans suggested things like "The King", "Eternal" etc. I thought all these titles were too pretentious, as if MJ still needs to prove something to people. Well, he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. He IS the King and he IS eternal and immortal because he is MICHAEL.

Back