Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
BTW, Randy Taraborelli said on Facebook he heard the MJ album today plus all the album cuts and he was only allowed to say this " :) "

Nope, but they could have added at least 10+ tracks on it, instead of that....they put a old song it, already released on The Ultimate Collection, a very short last song. Really...what more indication do people wanna see how much they are gonna milk this 'cow' ?

Well how can you be surprised? SONY is making buisness.

With MJ dead there are not going to come more songs - so of course they will not release 2 CD with 15 songs when they can release 3 with 10 songs.

People really has to grow up and accept that SONY is a buisness, they only exist to make money - LIKE ALL COMPANIES! Hpw many companies do you know that will not wanna make money? NONE - becuase earning money is what a company is made to do, otherwise is will go bankrupt!!

MJ only leaved a certain amount of songs - AND OF COURSE SONY and The Estate will wanna profit the most from these songs. It's as obvious as a AMEN will be said in church!

MJ's children will profit from each release too.
MJ himself was a very smart buisness man - Had he lived and had he lost his voice and therefore not able to make more songs I think he would have saved the songs he already had finalized too. He would wanna profit too.

Be happy about the 10 songs. And then look forward to getting another 10 songs next year or in 2012. Don't worry be happy...

Well how can you be surprised? SONY is making buisness.

With MJ dead there are not going to come more songs - so of course they will not release 2 CD with 15 songs when they can release 3 with 10 songs.

People really has to grow up and accept that SONY is a buisness, they only exist to make money - LIKE ALL COMPANIES! Hpw many companies do you know that will not wanna make money? NONE - becuase earning money is what a company is made to do, otherwise is will go bankrupt!!

MJ only leaved a certain amount of songs - AND OF COURSE SONY and The Estate will wanna profit the most from these songs. It's as obvious as a AMEN will be said in church!

MJ's children will profit from each release too.
MJ himself was a very smart buisness man - Had he lived and had he lost his voice and therefore not able to make more songs I think he would have saved the songs he already had finalized too. He would wanna profit too.

Be happy about the 10 songs. And then look forward to getting another 10 songs next year or in 2012. Don't worry be happy...

Agreed. Sony are a business, people need to realize this. Can they handle things better? Of course! I'm happy with future MJ albums having ten tracks, whatever the length of the album may be.I don't want double albums with new stuff on, i want something to look forward to. Doing an album with 15+ songs on is crazy business sense, plus it gives us guys something to look forward to for longer.

aprilshack;3109929 said:
Agreed. Sony are a business, people need to realize this. Can they handle things better? Of course! I'm happy with future MJ albums having ten tracks, whatever the length of the album may be.I don't want double albums with new stuff on, i want something to look forward to. Doing an album with 15+ songs on is crazy business sense, plus it gives us guys something to look forward to for longer.

:clapping:

Correct.

When people say Sony is all about $$$ - I think - yes of course they are. If they didn't make money they would not exist! It's like hearing a 10 year old communist talking. It's utter nonsens.

SONY is only made to generate money, so was MJJ Production and all other company MJ startet! - Itøs buisness for crying out loud! - Don't be so naiv.!

Take That's new album has 10 songs and nearly the same lenght as Michael - and I have heard not a single fan complaine!!

MJ is dead there are only a limited number of songs to be released - The Estate will wanna make most $$$ out of them, and it's the only responsible thing to do really! MJ being a great buisness man would have done so himself!

Enjoy the album and be happy for the songs we get.

All will come in due time.

MICHAEL’S SONGS:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
Written by Aliaune Thiam, Giorgio Tuinfort, Claude Kelly
Produced by Akon, Giorgio Tuinfort & Michael Jackson

“Hold My Hand” debuted as the first single. Recorded with Akon in 2008 in Las Vegas, it leaked out and was never released. Akon completed the song, with a music video to premiere December 9. “Hold My Hand” was written by Akon, Giorgio Tuinfort, Claude Kelly and produced by Akon, Giorgio Tuinfort and Michael Jackson.

2. Hollywood Tonight
Written by Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer/Spoken Bridge Written by Teddy Riley
Produced by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson/Co-Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster

Written by Michael during the time of the Invincible album, Michael pulled the track out of the archives in 2007 to work on the song with producer Ron “Neff-U” Feemster, Hollywood Tonight was written by Michael Jackson; the spoken bridge was written by Teddy Riley and the track was produced by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson with co-producer by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster.

3. Keep Your Head Up
Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte
Produced by C “Tricky” Stewart, Angelikson, Michael Jackson

In 2007, Michael wrote that inspirational ode with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in New Jersey. Keep Your Head Up was produced by Tricky Stewart, Angelikson, and Michael Jackson.

4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
Written by Michael Jackson
Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Michael Jackson

This song was originally released in its early stages of development as a demo on Ultimate Collection in 2004; it was song that Michael loved and was finishing in Los Angeles. The Way You Love Me was written by Michael Jackson and produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster and Michael Jackson.

5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte/Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson
Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson

Recorded in New Jersey in 2007 at the Cascio home, Michael actually recorded some of his background vocals through a PVC pipe for the song. The song also features the rap of 50 Cent, who Michael had contacted about the collaboration. Monster was written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio and James Porte with Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson. It was produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson and Michael Jackson.

6. Best Of Joy
Produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Michael Jackson
Co-Produced by Brad Buxer

“Best of Joy” is one of the very last songs Michael was working on and had planned to continue to work on while in London for the O2 arena shows in Summer 2009. The song was written by Michael Jackson and produced by Theron “Neff-U” Feemster, Michael Jackson and co-producer by Brad Buxer.

7. Breaking News
Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte
Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson

“Breaking News” recorded the song in 2007 in the New Jersey home of the Cascio family. Writers on the song are Michael Jackson as well as Eddie Cascio and James Porte. The song was produced by Teddy Riley, (Eddie Cascio & James Porte) Angelikson and Michael Jackson.

8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
Written by Lenny Kravitz
Produced by Lenny Kravitz
Co-Produced by Michael Jackson

Recorded as a demo with Lenny Kravitz during the Invincible era, the song unexpectedly leaked in 2008 prompting Lenny to finish the song. Dave Grohl is the featured drummer on the track. Written by Lenny Kravitz and produced Lenny Kravitz and Michael Jackson.

9. Behind The Mask
Written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell, Ryuichi Sakamoto
Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain

After hearing "Behind The Mask" as performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra, Michael contacted Ryiuchi Sakamoto asking for permission to add his lyrics on the track. It was recently completed by John McClain. The song is written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto and produced by Michael Jackson and John McClain. “Behind The Mask” contains a sample of the recording "Behind The Mask" as performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra.

10. Much Too Soon
Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain

“Much Too Soon” was written at time of Thriller. But never found the right home on an album. The song was written by Michael Jackson and produced by Michael Jackson and John McClain. David Campbell is featured on the strings.

Preorders are looking good in the UK.
No.1 on Amazon music preorders
No.1 on Play.com music preorders
No.1 on HMV music preorders

:D

Hess;3109937 said:
:clapping:

SONY is only made to generate money, so was MJJ Production and all other company MJ startet! - Itøs buisness for crying out loud! - Don't be so naiv.!

I can't support that line.

When it comes to Sony, its right. But MJ did nit start MJJ Productions just to earn money. Of course, everyone is happy to get as much money as possible. But MJ would never do a thang under the name of MJJ Productions which he doesn't stand for. I mean musically. First of all he is a true musician and he was living for Art, not for MONEY !!!

So, if he had to decide to release an Album of an Artist which he don't like, he wouldn't release it under his label.

BTW, Randy Taraborelli said on Facebook he heard the MJ album today plus all the album cuts and he was only allowed to say this
who cares what that self proclaimed expert thinks

who cares what that self proclaimed expert thinks

Yeah exactly. The guys claimed in his book that MJ wrote You Are Not Alone - one of the few songs MJ not only didn't write but had NO writing OR production credits on. 100% credits went to R. Kelly, which MJ let happen coz he knew Kelly has stolen the entire melody of the song. MJ recorded it and released it and it went #1 and coz MJ didn't have ANY credits for the song (apart from him singing it which in ownership lawsuits counts for nothing) he faced NO legal repercussions when the guys who originally wrote it sued. Kelly had to pay the big bucks, lol!

Sorry, went off topic there.

Yeah, that Michael album, out December 14th. December 10th in Australia. 13th in UK. (see how I brought it back on topic there, so subtly)

*goes to bed, hoping to wake up in a few hours to footage of Ellen grooving to Hollywood Tonight*

*NOT MY IMAGE* (don't know if this is posted)
A dutch radio DJ Gerard Ekdom, has received a copy of Michael,,
The programm is called 'Effe Ekdom',
And next week, he will play each day a different song of the album,
(via MJTKOP-NYTRAM)

Image is from the DJ's twitter account.

202358250.jpg

press release, but no doubt some of this will be in booklet. it's so bad it's funny

Back