Michael wrote an email to Bjork in 2003

Re: Michael had send a question to the group Björg; read it here

Björk is a great singer, and she supported Michael during trial.

There was a rumour that Björk wanted to record a song(s) with Michael....

anyway, she is great...

why dont you post a full text?

mjdress1.gif

During some live versions of "I go Humble" Björk adds a Michael Jackson lyric at the end - "got to be starting something".
It is rumored that the song "Alarm Call" was inspired by Michael Jackson, which would make sense since the working title was "*****".
At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!"
She also has been seen wearing another skirt like this, but in different colors.
In 2003, Björk did an In Camera interview at showstudio. One of the questions came from the King of pop himself!

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California: I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

Björk: I hope this doesn't sound too naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, just puts you in your place and you realise how small you are and how plenty of everything is all around you. Then you just let go and surrender, become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting and it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now, it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who comissioned Wagner and lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic even though the rest of the world have forgotten about it.
Source: Bjorkish.net FAQ
Thx to Beau Janssens

“ I love Michael Jackson so much. He’s got a ridiculous, outrageous, stubborn faith that magic still is with us.
Björk, 1997

That is beautiful...thank you. Never knew he asked her a question. So sweet.

oh michael :( beautiful soul.
björk is great.. she's been so supportive

Thanks for sharing this. I :heart::heart::heart::heart: this! It's nice seeing Michael being a fan like the rest of us :heart: I love his question and I love her answer. Bjork is cool. I remember she was frowned upon a lot for that Thriller dress, but she didn't care what people thought and wore that dress proudly!

I ADORE :heart: Bjork, have all her albums and think she is so talented and creative!! For me it just made sense she liked Michael so much!
I already knew this but is nice to read it again and remember some good times!! :heart:
Thanks Bjork!!!

Thanks for posting - I am so glad to have read this! I love Bjork - she's one of my favorite artists - and I was just wondering the other day while I listened to her stuff if she and MJ ever talked. They're both such interesting people and such great lyricists. Really true artists. I wish they could've collaborated - it would've been so cool! :(

I always loved Bjork. I still have her songs on my CD collection i obtained in 2001. Her music videos rock.
I share her sentiments about the way this spoiled country treated Michael. Not just the media. Ignorant folks too.

Thanks for posting this. I like reading things like this. People should find more things like this to post on MJJC. Stuff worth reading. Not the crap that's constantly making my stomach turn over and over.

Rock on.

Thanks for posting - I am so glad to have read this! I love Bjork - she's one of my favorite artists - and I was just wondering the other day while I listened to her stuff if she and MJ ever talked. They're both such interesting people and such great lyricists. Really true artists. I wish they could've collaborated - it would've been so cool! :(

so cool this post answered your question. :) I love her too, I found the page while I was wondering the same thing, ha!

Last edited:
I don't know, you probably already know this but I just found out.
Turns out Michael really admired her and asked her how she got inspired.
Here's the link.
http://www.bjorkish.net/b-faq/connections/c-mja.htm
http://icelandicmusic.blogspot.com/2009/06/bjork-michael-jackson-2003.html

Plus there's some conections between them:

_During some live versions of 'I go Humble' Björk adds a Michael Jackson lyric at the end - "got to be starting something"

_It is rumored that the song Alarm Call was inspired by Michael Jackson, which would make sense since the working title was '*****'. (I know :doh:)

_At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!"
She also has been seen wearing another skirt like this, but in different colors.

This is a lovely story I hadn't read this before. Thank you for sharing this with us!!

Julia

OMG!!!!! :wild: Now that I saw this thread. Thanks for sharing! :)

I love Bjork! She was so sweet about Michael. :wub: They could have worked together. :punk: Bjork is always reinventing and has a beautiful voice. :yes:

I don't know, you probably already know this but I just found out.
Turns out Michael really admired her and asked her how she got inspired.
Here's the link.
http://www.bjorkish.net/b-faq/connections/c-mja.htm
http://icelandicmusic.blogspot.com/2009/06/bjork-michael-jackson-2003.html

Plus there's some conections between them:

_During some live versions of 'I go Humble' Björk adds a Michael Jackson lyric at the end - "got to be starting something"

_It is rumored that the song Alarm Call was inspired by Michael Jackson, which would make sense since the working title was '*****'. (I know :doh:)

_At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!"

I love this. ❤️

Here's the quote:

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

Björk : I hope this doesn't sound too naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, just puts you in your place and you realise how small you are and how plenty of everything is all around you. Then you just let go and surrender, become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting and it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now, it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who comissioned Wagner and lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic even though the rest of the world have forgotten about it.

Last edited:
Back