Michael's Speech during the "This Is It Movie"?

MJsAngelOfMusic

Premium Member
Donations
$73.00
Did anyone notice but did he seem to have trouble speaking a little? like he has a little lisp on certain parts?

I wonder why? I have not mentioned this till now but it's been on my mind like crazy! or cause was it because he was chewing gum alot? hehe but I really want to know why he spoke that way on some parts.

I can't say I noticed but I imagine it could be due to maybe a lip injection or something like that. Over the years, Michael's voice has often changed because of plastic surgeries etc. seems to get deeper and higher and the way he says things seems to change too. I can only assume it's because of the changes he made.

Michael does have a lisp and it was made more pronounced because of the lip injections.

If you get a chance to listen to his concerts or the song This Is It you could hear his lisp when he's counting. He says, One, Two Thwee, Fo...

I thought i heard this on smooth criminal, when he explains that he needs to feel the cue. Also it sounded like that on TDRCAU but he is chewing gum then!

Yeah he does chew gum a lot hehe.. and lollipops and all sorts of other assorted lollies!

i thought he sounded different,if you remember the drill bit where they were at culver studios,and he,s looking at something on a tv screen with kenny,if you know which part i mean,he was chewing gum,but i thought he sounded really different there,

i thought he sounded different,if you remember the drill bit where they were at culver studios,and he,s looking at something on a tv screen with kenny,if you know which part i mean,he was chewing gum,but i thought he sounded really different there,

Yeah I know MJ pronunce words certain ways and leaves the letters off some things (sooo cute) but there were a few times even if he were chewing gum..he just sounds a bit different. He had lip injection things before but still sound like MJ. (I know..we can't talk about this..not trying to) but something still sound different at times.

I just wish we knew what all was going on with him...:no: I still think he was a'ight healthy wise but then took a turn somewhere at the end of May. Got to be more to this than we are being led to believe.

I agree with all of you. I heard the lisp at the drill too, not necessarily a lisp but he did sound different but it improved when he spoke longer IMO.
I also agree with MJsAngelofMusic that there was more going with him than we're led to believe, what exactly i dunno.

I dunno... :scratch: The part that you're talking about before smooth criminal when he says "We're sizzling, he's waiting for my cue" did sound a little off to me. But then I think of the part where he's complaining about the ear piece (which was shot on the same day as the smooth criminal scene) and he sounded fine. Maybe he was a little tired. In the drill scene he sounded funny because he had gum in his mouth.

I did notice his speech was a bit broken/shaky when he talks to Kenny for Smooth Criminal and at the drill bit. But like you guys have said, he was obviously chewing gum for the drill bit :cheeky: Then at other times, his speech was absolutley crytsal clear and perfectly strong....so I don't know. Either he was chewing something, or....? I've never heard of the lip injections..what were they for?

I, too, noticed that his speech was different in different parts of the movie, and not just due to gum. Not sure where the idea of "lip injections" is coming from, though. We don't know WHAT medical or cosmetic procedures he was, or wasn't, having done. Those numerous visits to Klein's office remain mysterious. There has been some speculation, but no confirmation as to WHY.

:yes: at the part of the drill when he said "that's a cool move, but they stretch too far at the end" I believe it was the gum :cheeky: coz he then paused a little bit to push it backwards :giggle:
when I first saw it my first comment was that when they asked him what he thought about it, he was far too polite to keep them waiting for the answer, so he just replied without "adjusting it" :giggle:
that's what I think anyways :winking2:

Last edited:
Back