Mj 50th Birthday DVD VIDEO PROJECT!Not too late to join!Check PAGE 1 for new vids-YANA,SCREAM,WD&N !

Re: JOIN! Michael's 50th b-day present VIDEO PROJECT! General discussion here!

Bump!!!!!!

How are things going in herrre ??

Well it is pretty OK. I got a couple of videos for Man in the mirror and Stranger in Moscow already. Waiting for a couple of more.

A request for those who are posting any of the two songs to do it by SATURDAY!!! Please! Thanks !

I am NOT letting the thread go to page 2 LOL!
Come on guys, LIVE UP A BIT!

Please remind me how this goes again?
We are supossed to make videos of OURSELVES singing his songs?
I'm camera shy...:blush:

Well don't be lol :)

You can:

-dance
-sing
-play an instrument
-laugh
-cry
-talk about the song
-fool around
-impersonate Michael
-lip sync
-write a poem about the song

ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't be camera shy, MICHAEL is going to see this (hopefully lol) ! We are doin' it for him :)

Great idea...! I HATE being filmed...but I'll do it for this one. I like the idea. :)

When is the deadline and how long should/can each video be? I am having ideas for my video, but I am not quite sure yet how the videos are supposed to be....? Can we choose the song we wanna use ourselves? (And I sure as hell won't do any singing or dancing...unless I am gonna try to make the video really funny and try to make MJ laugh! :lmao:) Where do we send our videos? What format? (I think I can only make mine in Avi...is that okay?)

Do you think you could make like a 20-30 second "sample" video to give us an idea what the videos are supposed to be liek (as in...how they will be put together, etc.).

Last edited:

Actually.....I really am for the dude who did the MJ "Epic/Visionary" video (and many other really cool videos) to make the final edits and "special effects"...if he's up to that. I think he could really make our videos into something outstanding for MJ. I forgot what his name was....could someone ask him if he'd be up for it? If he could collect the videos and put them together? He really is like a professional and seems to have cool "special effects" he could use.

Just an idea...and no offence to the person who started this project. Actually we could add his name in the beginning...you know like "Idea conceived by..." and then "Video edited by..."...You know..."roll some credits" in the beginning..! Make it "Hollywood style" for Michael! :kickass: :lol:

No , of course no offense! Come on! We should make it the best! And that guy should really join us! I was hoping he would. I wanna do the editing, but I can't do it myself. Can somebody ask him if he is up to it?

And BTW, here are some videos I have already gathered for Man In The Mirror., it is in the Fan Zone!

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48959

So I have the idea how I am gonna do it, but I am willing to join with the guy who is editing visionary videos :D That would be great !!!

Please guys,comment on the videos. We really need to keep it alive! :D

The people on those videos are very talented, I'd sound horribly :sad:
I def can't sing in this...I'll have to think of something else.

i made my vid 4 man in the mirror lol.. i kinda dont like it tho

This would be nice. I could play one of my favorite songs, and then just talk about how it effects me. Humm, this mean I'd better learn how to work a camera....:lol:..:huh::unsure:...no, seriously....^_^

Count me in! What a great way to celebrate our Michael's 50th! :D

I think we should add "video messages" as an option since everyone can't sing or dance or play an instrument, plus it will add variety and make it more fun. I like the initial idea but as I was thinking about it though I thought it might be a good idea to allow other songs too, even from other artists if it's something that is dedicated to MJ or has some special meaning...Or allow using multiple songs in one video. That way it won't become boring...

Last edited:

Oh wow, other songs from other artists, now this is a great idea. Yeah, sometimes when you hear a song it can remind you of a certain event or person. I know I have several..THOUSAND of these lol. Keep the ideas comin! ^_^

Last edited:

Oh well, don't get me wrong, but I am gonna stick with this cause I can't do 5 things at a time. I already said that not everybody has to necessarily dance or sing, but I guess no one really reads here, that you can talk about Michael or whatever. Plus it is not a competition like X-Factor ... you don't have to be class A.

So I have nothing against other ideas , of course, just keep in mind to let me know whether you collaborate ;)

Oh and, btw, as you can see, Keep the Faith has for now been replaced by Human Nature. As I can't find a lot of videos of Keep the Faith, it will be postponed.

Last edited:

I think we should add "video messages" as an option since everyone can't sing or dance or play an instrument, plus it will add variety and make it more fun. I like the initial idea but as I was thinking about it though I thought it might be a good idea to allow other songs too, even from other artists if it's something that is dedicated to MJ or has some special meaning...Or allow using multiple songs in one video. That way it won't become boring...

Yeah good idea, there should be some variety. :D

Someone can read a poem (one of his or whatever), etc etc.

That's what I said like 500 times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ill submit a video soon , it'll suck but still.....

Oh well, don't get me wrong, but I am gonna stick with this cause I can't do 5 things at a time. I already said that not everybody has to necessarily dance or sing, but I guess no one really reads here, that you can talk about Michael or whatever. Plus it is not a competition like X-Factor ... you don't have to be class A.

So I have nothing against other ideas , of course, just keep in mind to let me know whether you collaborate ;)

Oh and, btw, as you can see, Keep the Faith has for now been replaced by Human Nature. As I can't find a lot of videos of Keep the Faith, it will be postponed.

I think I'm still confused by the idea...:lol: (But does it surprise you...I'm blonde! :lol:). I mean...we can sing, dance, talk, act, do whatever we want...but then you talk about certain songs...so I am a bit confused...:lol:

I think it's easier if fans just submit videos for MJ and then edit them all together into a dvd or something....That way you won't limit "creativity" in my opinion. Makes it more fun for MJ to watch in my opinion when he can see what hsi fans came up with and he'll have more fun watching fans' videos for him. I think we'll all agree though that one common factor the videos should have would be that you need to be in it yourself at some point to wish MJ happy birthday...:lol: But oher than that, I think it could be anything. Be creative. :) That way it gets more interesting! :)

(I'm just throwing in ideas...maybe you thought of the same thing dangerous-88...but liek I said...I am still a bit confused about what you meant initially...)

Last edited:

Just a question...

How can someone that dosen't have a camera,participate somehow,in this great project?

Thanks

Just a question...

How can someone that dosen't have a camera,participate somehow,in this great project?

Thanks

Hmmm...you could ask someone who HAS a camera to borrow it or film you? OR.....maybe you could send pictures of yourself to someone with your message and it could be made into a "video". And if you have a microphone you coudl record your message so one could put your voice reading the message on the video with the pictures...something like that! :) Just an idea...! :) My computer is SOOO SLOW and I always have troubl ewith Windows Movie MAker and it takes AGES to make a video with it. But if you need help....let me know, I'll see what I can do! :)

Yeah it is possible the way Summer put it... OR for example you can write a poem about some song, or Michael himself... And we can put the text inside the clip. Just think of something for ANY and as much songs you want and I promise, we'll do something for you!

Now, Summer... First - LOL at the Blonde joke :)

And the rest...

The songs will be going its full length. During the song continuously going will be parts of clips with dancing,singing,talking... And that's how a final video will be made. So that's why I said - people can either talk about the song, or read something written about it, or Michael, or wish him something! That's the later work, the editing! Don't worry :)

Just be creative and keep it going! We've got a LOOOONG way to go till August, but we gotta start first. SO I am repeating - First three songs are , as listed in my siggy, so check out the links, comment, post videos, etc. AND PLEASE !!! Have the song playing in the background. And make sure you either post the videos for these songs by the end of the week, or inform me that you will make them!

Thanks!

id be more than happy to help out, with editing adding effects etc, just let me know how I can be of a help and I'll do it, if anyone isnt already doing so. :)

OK, I'm still trying to concieve and idea, I told my sis yesterday and she said she'd love to take part too and we should make the video together...:)
I'll get back to you when I have it...

It would be AWESOME if you two could make it. You can do it for some faster song, fooling around :)

Hmmm...you could ask someone who HAS a camera to borrow it or film you? OR.....maybe you could send pictures of yourself to someone with your message and it could be made into a "video". And if you have a microphone you coudl record your message so one could put your voice reading the message on the video with the pictures...something like that! :) Just an idea...! :) My computer is SOOO SLOW and I always have troubl ewith Windows Movie MAker and it takes AGES to make a video with it. But if you need help....let me know, I'll see what I can do! :)

Summer!!!!!!!!!!My sweet friend,thank you so much for your offer.
I will see what i can do.Thanks for your ideas and your help as well.
Hugs

Yeah it is possible the way Summer put it... OR for example you can write a poem about some song, or Michael himself... And we can put the text inside the clip. Just think of something for ANY and as much songs you want and I promise, we'll do something for you!...

Maybe it will be easier for me to send you a poem about a song or Michael himself as my time unffortunately is not much.Thank you so so much for helping.

Don't worry hun ;)

Back