MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

and imagine when the headlines could announce - Michael Jackson is back ... like now the battle between Gaga a Katy Perry.

We could have been excited, waiting for the new version ready for downloads, stream, radio rotations, and who knows, now if Billboard allows almost anything (download, stream, radio) to count in the charts, MJ and Justin could have been easily no.1 on HOT 100.

Just the thought of MJ being in heavy rotation while being associated with Justin Bieber makes me wanna puke. How embarassing that would be! And I don't care how many records they would sell just because 13-14 girls would buy it because of Bieber. There is such a thing as artisic integrity and on the long term it's more important than a moment of chart success.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

I agree it was a missed chance but it wasn't leaked by the Estate. It was out of their hands so to speak. There's no doubt in my mind that would've got to no.1 but who knows, it still could.

Yeah, it would go Nr 1 because of 13-14 year old girls buying it just because of Bieber. Do we really want to downgrade Michael to that?

It's not? because i just typed in "Michael Jackson" on youtube search and this is what happened.
http://oi40.tinypic.com/1tudyh.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/25fr8th.jpg

8 "JB and MJ" videos.. and then Thriller.. So yes, you're right... No damage done...

That's probably because you've opened so many versions of the MJ/JB duet that it's now tailored the search results to your previous videos. I haven't opened more than one or two videos of the duet and if I YouTube 'Michael Jackson' I get (in the order they appear):
-Thriller
-The First Moonwalk
-Beat It
-Remember the Time
-Number Ones (Full Album)
-They Don't Care About Us
-Earth Song
etc etc

So it's just you (or other people who have done similar).

dam2040;3889653 said:
I really feel the frustration but I'm a little less upset about it because we have the solo version. If we didn't then different story. But we do so I've got no problem letting the Beliebers have their moment. It isn't as damaging to Michael as we think. People who don't think Bieber should be on the song are simply saying just that. The man is dead, it doesn't contribute to why we call him a legend. They know full well he has nothing to do with this.

We do not have Michael's solo version. We have a Tricky Stewart remix, which is not Michael's version but a remix. By the way a reminder:

B&W: M, what do you think of BOTDF, are you satisfied with that album?

M, immediately- I'm never satisfied with anything, if it was for me, no album would ever come out...(*sigh!*)

B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?

M: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely. But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!

M: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

Rodney Jerkins has confirmed that he had no involvement in the recording, production or leak of this track.

Jerkins was kind enough to offer me the following insights about the track, which was recorded way back in 1989:

“‘Slave To The Rhythm’ was produced by LA Reid and Babyface. I remember MJ played me that song along time ago. It was originally recorded for the ‘Dangerous’ LP.”

Although Jackson brought the song to Jerkin’s attention during the ‘Invincible’ recording sessions, the pair did not re-work the track and it was not considered for the album.

“He played it for me one day just to see what I thought. I like the song, but what Michael song don’t I like? I love all his music!”

Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson’s views on the style of music used:

“Michael Jackson didn’t like techno music at all.

http://www.damienshields.com/michae...-rhythm-remixed-as-a-duet-with-justin-bieber/

That's probably because you've opened so many versions of the MJ/JB duet that it's now tailored the search results to your previous videos. I haven't opened more than one or two videos of the duet and if I YouTube 'Michael Jackson' I get (in the order they appear):
-Thriller
-The First Moonwalk
-Beat It
-Remember the Time
-Earth Song
etc etc

Oh, haha, well that is a relief, thank you for telling me this, i didn't know youtube tailored videos like that, but it does make since.. once again thanks,because i was close to having a panic attack! lol

We do not have Michael's solo version. We have a Tricky Stewart remix, which is not Michael's version but a remix. By the way a reminder:

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

http://www.damienshields.com/michae...-rhythm-remixed-as-a-duet-with-justin-bieber/
I've seen all the quotes before. But yes we do have Michael's solo version, just not the original.

-Thriller
-The First Moonwalk
-Beat It
-Remember the Time
-Earth Song
etc etc

Phew!

This finished (mj solo) version that has just leaked is just about perfect IMO. WAY better then the duet, and not just because JB isn't in it. The instrumental IMO is so much better also. Its just so much more powerful. If this gets released SOON it could be a big hit and im sure the public would like this version so much better then the Bieber/MJ duet version.

ESTATE YOU NEED TO RELEASE THIS MJ SOLO VERSION SOON (NOW)!!!!!

Last edited:

From now on, seeing "MJ/JB duet" makes me want to vomit, it's not a duet... it's a mash-up and that's totally different. What did Michael or us do to deserve this? bleh

This finished (mj solo) version that has just leaked is just about perfect IMO. WAY better then the duet, and not just because JB isn't in it. The instrumental IMO is so much better also. If this gets released SOON it could be a big hit and im sure the public would like this version so much better then the Bieber/MJ duet version.

ESTATE YOU NEED TO RELEASE THIS MJ SOLO VERSION SOON (NOW)!!!!!
Agreed, they need to release this now. MJ version only. The original demo and the latest mix. Release them via iTunes or whatever, it's not freaking hard.

From now on, seeing "MJ/JB duet" makes me want to vomit, it's not a duet... it's a mash-up and that's totally different. What did Michael or us do to deserve this? bleh

Sorry, my bad.

If the MJ SOLO (finished) version was released now it could be an even bigger hit if this duet version wasn't leaked. That's one positive way of looking at it. The duet version has created so much buzz and is everywhere, and if the finished MJ solo version gets released ASAP people aren't gonna pay any attention to the mj/bieber version simply because the solo version is just so much better. Perhaps this was their intention all along..

you can add to first message :)

I'm surprised mkgenie has been quiet about this so far. I'm assuming either he doesn't know anything more then we do or he isn't allowed to give away anything??

A few people have mentioned the fact that this is one way for Michael to gain younger fans for his legacy to grow in the future. You know what I think? It's really a shame that some people/fans think Michael's legacy will only live on with the help of these low-grade, disrespectable artists of today. Michael didn't need them 20, 30, 40 years ago. He didn't even need them 5 years ago and he certainly doesn't need them today. It is ridiculous to say that the estate needs to collaborate with current artists for Michael Jackson to remain relevant. He's always been and always will be. Pairing him with current singers like Bieber puts him on their level and devalues his legacy, in my opinion. That is why I find this remix degrading. I don't care that the song isn't "official." The fact that it even exists and has been majorly leaked is damaging already. Most music today sucks as it is with only a few exceptions. He doesn't need Justin freaking Bieber's help to appeal to the new generation...Bieber can't even help himself. He's a joke. I know many children and teens of today's world who love MJ. He has a much broader and much more diverse fan base than Elvis and even Elvis' legacy is still pretty strong all these years later. Have a little faith in Michael Jackson, people. Ok I'm done. Sorry for the rant...just wanted to get that out.

and imagine when the headlines could announce - Michael Jackson is back ... like now the battle between Gaga a Katy Perry.

We could have been excited, waiting for the new version ready for downloads, stream, radio rotations, and who knows, now if Billboard allows almost anything (download, stream, radio) to count in the charts, MJ and Justin could have been easily no.1 on HOT 100.

BUT MJ Estate have missed the chance, again, it looks like they are focused only on Vegas and CdS, and trials.
People can have it for free, no radio release, no video.

What a missed chance.

This is a joke, right? Sigh
Why are people so obsessed with charts and sales? Who cares about that? It's art that matters. Besides, there will be no battles between anyone, no new songs, and no new videos, because Michael is not here to do any of that. Let the man rest, for god's sake.

My guess is that this was done and then scrapped. It leaks and now they are trying to repair the damage. There is no way they could have done it without access to the acapella, which is not available online. He would have almost certainly been given it by the estate.

oh yeah, you're right.. what were we thinking getting so upset.. By the way, did you hear about this new unreleased Bob Dylan song coming out soon! I heard that it is going to be a duet with Ke$ha! Oh i'm so excited! :mello: :doh:

OMJ Gahh! That made me spit out my sprite and die of laughter :laugh: You're hilarious :)

WOW!!!! :eek: 44 pages!!!!! :bugeyed
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
kermit.gif
247.gif

-Thriller
-The First Moonwalk
-Beat It
-Remember the Time
-Earth Song
etc etc

I hadn't searched it once and it came up like that :/

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

Estate should release the official version of Slave To The Rhythm right about now in order to get the attention it deserves.

I hadn't searched it once and it came up like that :/
Maybe it depends on the place you live. I've searched MJ multiple times on YouTube and it's still:
Thriller
michaeljacksonVEVO
Beat It
RTT
YRMW
Michael Jackson Moscow Case 1993
ES
TWYMMF
BJ
BoW
SC
MTV 1995 Medley Performance
And some random stuff.

Can somebody contact the estate and clear this all up? The mj onlineteam statement basically says nothing at all. And whoever is responsible, they ruined the chance of a new album being called sttr.

After listening to the MJ only version I noticed that his vocals sound like the INVINCIBLE era. Although the song was recorded in 1989, could this be a re-recorded version for the VINCE project? His voice sounds so much mature if you compare it to the 'Dangerous' era.

Yeah, it sounds like a 2000's outtake for me too. I'd be surprised if the vocals are actually from Dangerous era.
Joe Vogel in his "Man in the Music" says that Michael allegedly worked on the song later with Tricky Stewart, and that it was recorded in 2003. Maybe that's when they recorded the vocals.

After listening to the MJ only version I noticed that his vocals sound like the INVINCIBLE era. Although the song was recorded in 1989, could this be a re-recorded version for the VINCE project? His voice sounds so much mature if you compare it to the 'Dangerous' era.

Rodney said they didn't touch the song for Vince.

Rodney said they didn't touch the song for Vince.

Michael worked not only with RJ.

Can somebody contact the estate and clear this all up? The mj onlineteam statement basically says nothing at all. And whoever is responsible, they ruined the chance of a new album being called sttr.

When I search "Slave to the Rhythm" on YT the vast majority that comes up is the Bieber version. This is a nightmare. Bieber virtually hijacked Michael's song. The Estate should really do something about it. Unless they are in it.

Yeah, it sounds like a 2000's outtake for me too. I'd be surprised if the vocals are actually from Dangerous era.
Joe Vogel in his "Man in the Music" says that Michael allegedly worked on the song later with Tricky Stewart, and that it was recorded in 2003. Maybe that's when they recorded the vocals.
As far as i know there was not a single mention back then that michael is working with tricky stewart. but i hope he has. would mean the estate didnt give it just to some random producer to polish it but the one who worked on it.

Back