MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

this remix is REDUCTIVE. the backing track sounds awful- justin bieber isn't even the worst thing on it.

justin should actually write his own songs for a change and go on his own hustle. but maybe his management/record company won't let him.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

So many ppl have been hating on me cuz i have stated that this lil "duet" is anauthorized and that the estate took it down - sorry but it the truth!

Justin had no right to do this without estate permission and same thing with mjs siblings- they had no right to give it to anyone

So many ppl have been hating on me cuz i have stated that this lil "duet" is anauthorized and that the estate took it down - sorry but it the truth!

Justin had no right to do this without estate permission and same thing with mjs siblings- they had no right to give it to anyone

By unauthorised, they meant unauthorised for release. Regardless of whether the Estate is behind the project, the song - be it with Bieber's vocals or not - hasn't been authorised for release. As such, they took it down.

EDIT: Actually, you might be right. I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

Last edited:
Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber

BRzmba3CcAAcOhj.jpg

For anyone daring to say "don't blame the Estate", don't even try.

Omg ITS MJ FEARURING JUSTIN BEIBER NOT THE OTHER WAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MJS OWN SONG! :doh:

Capitalfm are idiots

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber

Omg ITS MJ FEARURING JUSTIN BEIBER NOT THE OTHER WAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MJS OWN SONG! :doh:

Capitalfm are idiots

That is so stupid, it's not even his damn song.

By unauthorised, they meant unauthorised for release. Regardless of whether the Estate is behind the project, the song - be it with Bieber's vocals or not - hasn't been authorised for release. As such, they took it down.

EDIT: Actually, you might be right. I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

Also means he needs authorization to do it in the first place
This song is written by mj so which means it under the estate

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

Thanks for clearing that up! Whew:sleep:

(hoping any future releases have no "duets" like this...)

Maxmethods ?@MaxMethods 2h
Wow.been getting hit up abt this @MichaelJackson Ft. @Justinbieber record all day. I have so much respect for the Jackson Estate and...

it was an honor to work on this record....but its unfortunate that the record leaked before it was ready.

So this confirms the estate did have a part to play in this. If this isn't a remix I'm officially done with the estate.

^^

they could have. on the other hand some people aren't very knowledgeable about who is "MJ Estate" and think Jacksons are the Estate. There are multiple parties who have made deals with the Jacksons thinking they are the Estate only to be shut down by the actual Estate - HTWF, Howard Mann, tribute belts, Cardiff tribute concerts are examples that comes to mind.

As of now there are conflicting information. both parties confirm that it wasn't final version but Bieber says Jacksons gave it to him while Max makes a reference to the Estate.

and you don't need to wait for a reason to be done with the Estate. If they annoy you so much, you can be done with them now.

J. Cole said "This is a crooked smile we can't even straighten." I say: Damn that, I don't wanna hear Bieber's crappy vocals on one of Michael's songs. That's like a slap in the face. This generation freaking sucks. And people have the nerve to call this spitting on girls, taking a nasty picture against a guitar, peeing in a mop bucket lowlife talent? No, just no. Chris Brown's closer than that fool is, and Chris isn't even up there with Michael.

Just got this from MJ Online Team:

It is unauthorized and therefore there is no intention to release it.

So...does this mean the estate was or was not involved in this?

YAY, good news after all this drama and rage from yesterday. Thank you morinen! :girl_sigh:

It is unauthorized and therefore there is no intention to release it.

Sorry for all the cursing words to the Estate.

norbat;3888949 said:
why are you guys hating on this? I have no interest in Bieber, but look at the era we are in. Bieber is "the talk" right now. Give it a change, MJ is singing and if this is going to be a hit, enjoy it before we get a new album
But he’s not “the talk” now. He’s the kind of teen pop sensation who’s worshipped by young girls until they move on to the next hot thing. Many pre-teen and teenaged girls still like him, but even among them he’s not as popular as he used to be. And he’s never been popular or respected among adults.

I would be fine with some of Michael’s unfinished songs released as duets if Michael’s vocals are unfinished. But the artist needs to be actually talented and known and respected for their music. And it should be someone Michael could have wanted to work with. Bieber is neither of those things. People may talk about him, but mostly because of his obnoxious behaviour lately. He’s not a respected artist by any means.

if there is no intention to release, why the hell they recorded this crap?

There r still multiple uploads on youtube of this crap. Are'nt they gonna pull it out for copyright infringment?

They did pull out the cascio tracks "burn 2nite" n "black window" in no time wen those were leaked.

Wow.been getting hit up abt this @MichaelJackson Ft. @Justinbieber record all day. I have so much respect for the Jackson Estate and...

it was an honor to work on this record....but its unfortunate that the record leaked before it was ready.

So now it's the Estate again and not the Jackson Family?

Who's lying?

So now it's the Estate again and not the Jackson Family?

Who's lying?

I don't think it matters anymore. It won't be released.

But I think this maxmethods is a clueless DJ that doesn't know what MJ Estate is.

There r still multiple uploads on youtube of this crap. Are'nt they gonna pull it out for copyright infringment?

They did pull out the cascio tracks "burn 2nite" n "black window" in no time wen those were leaked.

Sure, those versions may be pulled down but it's too late now. It's leaked and the duet is never going to disappear. Perhaps off YouTube, but you'll always be able to find it if you look hard enough.

If money talks don't trust anyone.... We waited too much to hear that song from an official CD/album, at last we heard it from Justin... Michael's soul in pain...

You have to give him a big lesson (to Justin) - Michael Jackson's songs, legacy are not your toys. Find another toys to play.

Last edited:

STTR is brilliant the way it is, it didn't need to be finished because it was already complete and it wasn't even meant to be a duet to begin with. that prick just replaced Michael's vocals for his own with a crappier music.

In sorry but the instrumental Tricky Stewart was amateurish, even I can do better.

At least the duet version sounds more arranged, but it still is a horrible remake.

I would like to hear the version MJ sang on top of HIS demo, I know it exists. Just like Hollywood Tonight. That demo was a 1000% better than the released one by Teddy Riley.

that "bought the rights" did not come from Bieber. Bieber - if not faked- said Jackson family gave him the song, that's all. It is Bieber's fans are saying that he bought the rights to the songs which can be very well a lie Bieber fans made up as MJ Estate called the song unauthorized and taking the song down. It clearly shows Bieber has no rights on the song, his fans might be lying trying to legitimize the song.

Technically this "bought the rights" claim makes no sense. Why would The Michael Jackson Estate as Michael Jackson's legal successor and the songwriters (LA Reid and Babyface) give up on their copyright of the song? No way!

Btw, Justin Bieber is clueless. "Max Methods" would not have received Tricky's finished vocal track from the Jackson family, he would have received it from The Michael Jackson Estate. And since "SME" (Sony Music Entertainment)" took it down quickly, The Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Music are well aware of the existence of this particular remix.
So this nightmare is true, unfortunately.

Korgnex said:
The vocal track used for this particular remix with Bieber is the same as the one Tricky's team had been working on (DJ Stolen only had a work in progress mix). The production is also following Tricky's rework.
Jacksons have - fortunately - no access to such stuff. If they had, there would have been dozens of strange mixes like "Opis None".

It also makes sense that "Max Methods" would be given Tricky's work. The same was done with DJ Chuckie and the 2 DJs (Dave Pensado and Drew Adams) that mixed the Throwback Mix of "Hollywood Tonight", they were all using the vocal track from Teddy Riley's team, not the original. And these mixes were also fast jobs.

Justin Bieber said:
No the family gave it to him a year ago to finish saying that is what MJ would of wanted"

Assuming this is really Justin Bieber talking about the song:

Look at this. Who is "him"? Tricky? It actually can't be "Max Methods" since Tricky was commissioned with the track in 2010.
And even if it was "Max Methods" ("a year ago" would not make sense regarding Tricky), the track was in the hands of the Estate that hired Tricky first.

I'm pretty sure if Justin Bieber really refers to the family with "they", then that's because he's a youngster who talked with the kids and has no idea that it's the estate that is in control of Michael's music and not the family. Artists usually don't know much about the legal aspects of their work, especially a youngster like Bieber.

"Max Methods" did almost nothing, he took out sections from MJ (from the vocal track finished by Tricky), putting in Bieber instead and replaced Tricky's production with some quickly done house stuff.

Last edited:

Slave To The Rhythm was trending on Twitter when I went to bed last night and it's still trending. If they wanted buzz, they got it.

bieberschew93zmi8uy6.gif

I like Prince !

Back