MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

I really like it..., why not Bieber?
The problem is that it leaked, it could have been officially released, that would have been a hit..., now its just a leaked song available everywhere...
MJ Estate have missed the big chance to get MJ in the music biz as the artist and top the charts... with Bieber, why not? or Usher, Justin T., Robin, Pharrell... or whoever.

The song is cool.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

No, that person didn't experience the MJ magic during the Thriller, BAD, Dangerous en HIStory era's.

There is nothing like it.

2BAD he or she didn't have the chance to experience that.

Blame the music industry for setting lower standards. Young music listeners don't know better.

I slightly disagree. I didn't have the chance to experience it fully myself but I don't go around claiming new artists are better than some of the biggest music legends of our time or crap like that. Plus, I know many young music listeners who RESPECT artists, you can't blame the music industry alone, consumers are to blame too.

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

There obviously not trying very hard to take it offline...it's still everywhere.....

This is confusing me.. Are you guys being sarcastic or what?

There obviously not trying very hard to take it offline...it's still everywhere.....

Actually I also find it odd that they have not released an official, very public statement. I mean the one we have is just an e-mail that they sent to MJJC answering the question. Meanwhile non fans on social media think it's a real, legit release and even a radio station FM Capital talks about it as if it's real and legit: http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/michael-jackson-slave-to-the-rhythm-reaction/

So I think they really should make it clear to everyone, not just to a fan forum in an e-mail when they are asked, that it's unauthorized therefore illegal. And that they do not intend to release it in this form with Bieber.

I've been reading some comments by fans of this remix. A lot of them are acting like Justin is doing all the singing in it.:doh:

It's not much, but it's something. We had it trending on nr 1 worldwide

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR5nts8CMAAmeP2.jpg

And, Bieber tweeted a picture of Michael & the crowd and underneath it a picture of him with his crowd
saying ''he set the bar''
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR4e3VfCIAADO61.jpg

and ofc all hell broke lose again, but so far no official word from justin himself.

oh well, i'm off to bed now, it's been a long day, maybe tomorrow we'll get some more info

Can someone please PM me the solo version of Slave To The Rhythm? Much Appreciated!

It is rather strange, I hope we hear something soon.

You guys, this is the internet. Far too many have a copy of the leaked song and it is never going to go away. People are going to keep reuploading it, adjusting it slightly so it gets past YouTube's filter. Sure, it may be hard to find in the future, but it'll always be online somewhere (be it YouTube or file-sharing websites).

^^ Reason why it should have NEVER happened

This had better be sorted soon, if they were planning to release it then they had better not now after this...if it's official of course...

Can someone please send me a message with a link to the leaked lossless 'Tricky' track?

it's a disaster but i'm glad in general the reaction to the duet was that people wanted bieber removed. so i do hope this motivates the estate to act quickly and release the original 1989 untouched demo.

Can someone please send me a message with a link to the leaked lossless 'Tricky' track?

Me too please ! :)

I think we shouldn't overreact. As long as it's not officially released, it's never going to be official. There are many unofficial mixes of Michael's songs, that contain vocals of other artists. Some people like them, some don't. But it's not in Michael's discography and never will be listed in any serious source as a duet that happened. If anything, it shows how much Michael is respected by contemporary artists if they go to such length to associate with him. If it earns Michael some new fans, good for us. If someone will listen to it just for Bieber, there is no harm. If Michael's version ever released as a single, it can still be a big success.

I really like it..., why not Bieber?
The problem is that it leaked, it could have been officially released, that would have been a hit..., now its just a leaked song available everywhere...
MJ Estate have missed the big chance to get MJ in the music biz as the artist and top the charts... with Bieber, why not? or Usher, Justin T., Robin, Pharrell... or whoever.

The song is cool.

oh yeah, you're right.. what were we thinking getting so upset.. By the way, did you hear about this new unreleased Bob Dylan song coming out soon! I heard that it is going to be a duet with Ke$ha! Oh i'm so excited! :mello: :doh:

I really feel the frustration but I'm a little less upset about it because we have the solo version. If we didn't then different story. But we do so I've got no problem letting the Beliebers have their moment. It isn't as damaging to Michael as we think. People who don't think Bieber should be on the song are simply saying just that. The man is dead, it doesn't contribute to why we call him a legend. They know full well he has nothing to do with this.

I really feel the frustration but I'm a little less upset about it because we have the solo version. If we didn't then different story. But we do so I've got no problem letting the Beliebers have their moment. It isn't as damaging to Michael as we think. People who don't think Bieber should be on the song are simply saying just that. The man is dead, it doesn't contribute to why we call him a legend. They know full well he has nothing to do with this.

It's not? because i just typed in "Michael Jackson" on youtube search and this is what happened.
http://oi40.tinypic.com/1tudyh.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/25fr8th.jpg

8 "JB and MJ" videos.. and then Thriller.. So yes, you're right... No damage done...

I'm sorry if some of my comments, are coming off as rude or snappy, i do not intend them to be that way towards you guys, i'm just really upset about this situation.

The estate needs to release an official statement really soon!!

Grow up. 8 videos on some website. Is that going to damage a 45+ year legacy? No. It really isn't.

In the long run, of coarse this is not going to greatly damage Michael Jackson's legendary career.. But at this moment in time, it does.. If nothing else, it's simply tasteless and insulting to Michael Jackson fans.and I wouldn't just call youtube just some website.. That's pretty much the new MTV, its the only real way to watch music videos anymore, also youtube views go toward chart positioning, so youtube is a big deal in todays music world..

In the long run, of coarse this is not going to greatly damage Michael Jackson's legendary career.. But at this moment in time, it does.. If nothing else, it's simply tasteless and insulting to Michael Jackson fans.and I wouldn't just call youtube just some website.. That's pretty much the new MTV, its the only real way to watch music videos anymore, also youtube views go toward chart positioning, so youtube is a big deal in todays music world..

This is why people should take a step back and stop making out like MJ is done, ashamed, embarrassed. I have to agree though, youtube isn't just some website.

and imagine when the headlines could announce - Michael Jackson is back ... like now the battle between Gaga a Katy Perry.

We could have been excited, waiting for the new version ready for downloads, stream, radio rotations, and who knows, now if Billboard allows almost anything (download, stream, radio) to count in the charts, MJ and Justin could have been easily no.1 on HOT 100.

BUT MJ Estate have missed the chance, again, it looks like they are focused only on Vegas and CdS, and trials.
People can have it for free, no radio release, no video.

What a missed chance.

oh yeah, you're right.. what were we thinking getting so upset.. By the way, did you hear about this new unreleased Bob Dylan song coming out soon! I heard that it is going to be a duet with Ke$ha! Oh i'm so excited! :mello: :doh:

You made me laugh, oh my gosh... this is not a funny matter though but thanks for putting a smile on my face

I agree with others, the only way to combat this is if the estate released the finished (solo) version by Tricky SOON before the song gets old and everyone thinks its a J.B song. That's the only thing they can do really.

and imagine when the headlines could announce - Michael Jackson is back ... like now the battle between Gaga a Katy Perry.

We could have been excited, waiting for the new version ready for downloads, stream, radio rotations, and who knows, now if Billboard allows almost anything (download, stream, radio) to count in the charts, MJ and Justin could have been easily no.1 on HOT 100.

BUT MJ Estate have missed the chance, again, it looks like they are focused only on Vegas and CdS, and trials.
People can have it for free, no radio release, no video.

What a missed chance.

I agree it was a missed chance but it wasn't leaked by the Estate. It was out of their hands so to speak. There's no doubt in my mind that would've got to no.1 but who knows, it still could.

Back