MJ fans' second favourite artist (prince? SCARY coincidences)

Prince!! FOR SURE!
Then it used to be Janet I guess, but top three hm, it is hard. I like Beyonce, but then I like Stevie Wonder!

Impossible.

Michael is always on top though, while Prince is forever the Prince of hearts!

My favorite artists after Michael are Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Queen and Frank Sinatra. I'm not much of a Prince fan. I only know about four of his songs.

Janet is second for me. Mariah. Harry Connick, Jr. Prince is good but never had the effect Michael has on me. Stevie is incredible. I love music of all kinds. So many other talented musicians, but Michael will always be my very, very favorite.

Madonna!!!! Then Axl Rose!!!

Actually, when I was small I thought Prince was tryna copy Michael but lost interest in him co's Prince didnt dance.

Prince is not my 2nd favorite artist. I am not even a fan of his. Nor do I like any of his songs anymore. Some of my favorite artists are A.R. Rahman, Shubha Mudgal, and Blackmore's Night. But Michael will always forever be my no. 1 favorite.

Aside from Michael, I rarely listen to specific artists. I generally listen to different genres or eras of music collectively. If I had to choose which artist I listen to the most aside from Michael, it would probably be Johnny Cash.

What a difference two years makes.

I don't really have a second favorite anymore; the artists I used to listen to, I don't listen to much at all. I've broadened my horizons, sampling a wide range of music. Maybe I'm afraid of getting too attached to another artist again, I don't know.

Marilyn Manson.

Is that in keeping with the trend?!
Hehe, another Manson fan! :) According to my last.fm profile that has been keeping track of my music listening habits for the past year, Manson is my #12 listened to artist.

Michael Jackson is obviously #1, and yes Prince is my #2 but far behind Michael.

Then we go in #3 Bright Eyes, #4 David Bowie, #5 Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez, #6 Bryan Ferry, #7 Kanye West, #8 John Legend, #9 Lupe Fiasco and #10 Marvin Gaye. :)

Not really a big fan of Prince. I do like some of his songs though but he's not really my cup of tea. Queen however are definitely up there close next to MJ's name in my playlists. And vocally speaking I think Freddie and Michael are a tie. I just can't pick the 'better one'. Sometimes I feel like Freddie is the better vocalist and then after listening to some MJ, I feel like he is the better vocalist. And it goes on and on and I never really get to pick the better one.

So yeah, my second favorite artist/band is without a doubt Queen. How can you not me mesmerized by Freddie Mercury's great voice, Roger Taylor's epic drumming skills, Brian May's trademark 'Red Special' guitar sound and John Deacon's amazing bass sound. Not to mention the wonderful effect they get from combining the voices of Freddie, Roger and Brian. Their voices just blend together like nothing I ever heard. Great band, great guys.

Also, ACDC, Metallica, Guns N Roses, 2Pac, Lady Gaga and Mika (I know, strange combination) can be found in most of my playlists.

I agree that Freddie is really the only vocalist I think that is basically equal with Michael with the same power and soul and natural ability. I agreed with the world that "We Are The Champions" is the best song of all time. I did, however, highly disagree with Toxic by Britney being second. Should have just been WATC and Billie Jean(which came in third).

Mmmmm,if I was asked that question some time ago I would say Madonna (Confessions on a Dancefloor was the first CD I ever bought), but now I have to say Beyonce.She's such a hard working and amazing performer,and really commited to her work. : )

Prince all the way. An absolute Genius! On a par with MJ as one of the most creative beings in existence!

Janet Jackson , Nelly furtado and hmmm I used to like Shkira very much :heart:

Freddie Mercury (Queen).

Last edited:
Phil Collins, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke and Freddie Mercury. I also love Ali Campbell's voice (Old lead singer UB40).

My other favorite artists are: Stevie Wonder, Queen, Parliament/Funkadelic, Bee Gees, Marvin Gaye, The Piano Guys, Sly and the Family Stone, Elton John, The Eagles, Blackmore's Night, Motown in general, George Michael, Minnie Riperton....

Prince has some nice songs, but I don't care for him.

What about Brian, Roger and John? Do they not exist? Didn't they not wrote most of Queen's songs and hits yet only Freddie gets mentioned?

You are right, but Michael was like this too. :cheeky:

I remember back in the 80s there was some interview in which it was mentioned he was a fan of Queen and he corrected the interviewer saying he was a fan of Freddie Mercury. It's true that it's not too respectful to the rest of the band, but it's also true that it's Freddie's charisma that made Queen so huge.

You are right, but Michael was like this too. :cheeky:

I remember back in the 80s there was some interview in which it was mentioned he was a fan of Queen and he corrected the interviewer saying he was a fan of Freddie Mercury. It's true that it's not too respectful to the rest of the band, but it's also true that it's Freddie's charisma that made Queen so huge.

music > charisma

His charisma alone would've never sold all those records...

I mean, Freddie did some solo stuff too but when you look back at it is sounds very 'at the time' and the stuff he did alone isn't really that spectacular, not to mention his solo stuff didn't sell that good, despite him being... the charismatic legend known as Freddie Mercury.

So yeah, without Queen, Freddie Mercury would've just been... Farrokh Bulsara.

We Will Rock You (Brian May), I Want To Break Free (John Deacon), Radio Gaga (Roger Taylor), The Show Must Go On (Brian May), Save Me (Brian May), Who Wants To Live Forever (Brian May), Another One Bites The Dust (John Deacon), A King Of Magic (Roger Taylor), You're Mu Best Friend (John Deacon).

And those are just the hits...

Freddie was just the voice of Queen, but Brian, John and Roger were the music of Queen.

[youtube]uns9pCxarWQ[/youtube]

1:00 listen to what he says...

Last edited:
What's the "scary coincidences" about?

My second favourites are Prince, Stevie Wonder, Janet and Lenny Kravitz.

What about Brian, Roger and John? Do they not exist? Didn't they not wrote most of Queen's songs and hits yet only Freddie gets mentioned?

I wrote (Queen) , why do I have to mention all names if I can just mention Queen already. Also I like obviously Freddie as singer and artist most of them 4 anyway.
Also I was asked about artist not the bands (MJ fans' second favourite artist)
But I guess you'll just repost this anyway.

music > charisma

His charisma alone would've never sold all those records...

I mean, Freddie did some solo stuff too but when you look back at it is sounds very 'at the time' and the stuff he did alone isn't really that spectacular, not to mention his solo stuff didn't sell that good, despite him being... the charismatic legend known as Freddie Mercury.

So yeah, without Queen, Freddie Mercury would've just been... Farrokh Bulsara.

We Will Rock You (Brian May), I Want To Break Free (John Deacon), Radio Gaga (Roger Taylor), The Show Must Go On (Brian May), Save Me (Brian May), Who Wants To Live Forever (Brian May), Another One Bites The Dust (John Deacon), A King Of Magic (Roger Taylor), You're Mu Best Friend (John Deacon).

And those are just the hits...

Freddie was just the voice of Queen, but Brian, John and Roger were the music of Queen.

[youtube]uns9pCxarWQ[/youtube]

1:00 listen to what he says...

i Love this british boyband called The WANTED, not many people do, but i love em :p
my other fave artists are Usher, Jason Derulo and lodsa others! :D
This is the wanted :heart:
hmm.png

Last edited:
Madonna!!!! Then Axl Rose!!!

Actually, when I was small I thought Prince was tryna copy Michael but lost interest in him co's Prince didnt dance.

Axl Rose for me too :wub:
To me he is THE ultimate rock front man ever. I've seen Guns N' Roses (his band for those who don't know) 4 times and he blew me away all four times. His lyrics are amazing, his vocal range unlike anyone else I've ever heard, his attitude, his style etc, he is the real deal.

I also really love Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver) and Courtney Love (Hole) they're also brilliant lyricists and singers.

Ummm... Eminem! :D
(Don't attack me, I always skip Just Lose It)

Eminem is great. Shouldn't feel like you have to hate someone because they made fun of MJ or something.

Back