MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

it's still on

Michael Forever Tribute Hi Deborah. I work on the ticketing side so am not directly involved but as far as I know the details about Text to Win will be published today. Kind regards, Nancy.

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

It's hard to tell who's for what over there. LOL! In my opinion, there is definitely a plant or two, trying to create some buzz for this sinking ship.

And the person who posted the "hotel" page, is sending out mixes signals. I mean, how can you be against the concert, at the same time you are in charge of a page offering hotels and whatnot. Don't make no sense, in my opinion.

I know it totally sounds weird, but oh well, this person says she's against the concert but still wants to help those who are planning to go with hotels facilities and stuff... maybe she's working in hotels... who cares actually lol

it's still on

I'm thinking that as long as they sell the tickets, this travesty will go on. So I guess Monday will tell the tale.

Will the registration period be extended AGAIN, or will they move on to the next step.

Can they really sell 75,000 tickets after everything that has happened thus far? Anybody care to make some predictions.

I'm thinking that as long as they sell the tickets, this travesty will go on. So I guess Monday will tell the tale.

Will the registration period be extended AGAIN, or will they move on to the next step.

Can they really sell 75,000 tickets after everything that has happened thus far? Anybody care to make some predictions.

Doing the math, there are millions of Michael Jackson fans worldwide. Even if the concert is more limited to the UK that is sill million of could-be buyers. So even if they only get 2% of that buyer marker, it could easily equal to 75,000. Even if they only get 40-50,000 that is still a very good number. We also have to account for fans of the artists who are going to perform who may want to attend. They don't have the same dedication as Michael's fans, but they also won't be as effected by the shady nature of Global Live and the mistake they made with KISS.

So, even with recent events this concert still could have some life. It really depends more on the fanbase than anything the Jacksons can do now.

They wont pull it till after the registration ends at the earliest.they obviously extended it cause of poor intrest.as if u have at least 75000 registraring your job is done.u move onto to selling the tiks.they will prob try and drag it out as long as poss

You're right elusive, they obviously had nowhere near enough interest to sell the total 75,000 allocation.

The interesting question is, how much interest did they get?
Did 5,000 people register or 50,000?

4. And finally, Michael was just a special gift to us. I know that might sound kind of out there, but I genuinely believe he served a purpose that was realized through his singing, dancing, and humanity. The fact that he was able to touch all manner of people and multi millions of us to the point that we physically ached at his passing as if he was family member is evidence of that to me.

Well said, I agree wholeheartedly! Michael truly was a gift :heart:

Doing the math, there are millions of Michael Jackson fans worldwide. Even if the concert is more limited to the UK that is sill million of could-be buyers. So even if they only get 2% of that buyer marker, it could easily equal to 75,000. Even if they only get 40-50,000 that is still a very good number. We also have to account for fans of the artists who are going to perform who may want to attend. They don't have the same dedication as Michael's fans, but they also won't be as effected by the shady nature of Global Live and the mistake they made with KISS.

So, even with recent events this concert still could have some life. It really depends more on the fanbase than anything the Jacksons can do now.

You're right. And I've made a mistake in fixating on the 75,000 registering. They don't need 75K, only half of that because seldom do people go to concerts alone. So they only need 37,500 registering, requesting 2 tickets. And less than 37K if registrants are requesting more than 2. That is, if all the registrants are asking for 4 tix a piece, they only need 18,750 requesting them to sell the 75,000 seats. So yeah, this thing could very much happen.

I doubt they wil get anywhere unless they drop the crazy prices.

it's still on

Michael Forever Tribute Hi Deborah. I work on the ticketing side so am not directly involved but as far as I know the details about Text to Win will be published today. Kind regards, Nancy.

First prize : a day out in Aberystwyth, perhaps? (Just a suggestion- I've heard it's very nice there) :shades:

Last edited:

:clapping: very well said!

it's still on

WHY itis still on I will NEVER know...it is becoming obvious to me that there must be alot of fans still interested in this tribute..otherwise I think it would of been shut down already. IDK...hope I am wrong.

this is true to.all the artist performing all have their own fans...so taking into account all those ticket sales..plus the 2 or 3 fans that the Jackson's have...hey,,I dont know guess we shall have to wait for Monday and see

i cant see many fans of the other artists buying that many tickets. considering who the acts are their fan bases (those that have a fan base) are pretty much kids who will have to spend around £100 for a half decent ticket then theres travelling etc if u dont like local. the fact they extended the reservation time tells u everything. the question is whether those acts announced later like pixie lott diversity are gonna shift enough tickets to make it worth while. ie groups that are followed by kids

Last edited:

The question is, would those kids pay so much, to see their favorite singer/band sing just a couple of songs? And then listen to 3T and the Jacksons? Not to mention Latoya...

I was on a Christina Aguilera board and I didn't see her fans overwhelmingly saying they were going to buy tickets to this thing. Alot of them were just excited to see her be part of this because they so want to see her sing Dirty Diana, but as more info comes out more and more fans are expressing concern about the line-up.

Ben;3461424 said:
The question is, would those kids pay so much, to see their favorite singer/band sing just a couple of songs? And then listen to 3T and the Jacksons? Not to mention Latoya...
exactly. especially when alot of the artists are touring regulary themselves in smaller venues where u can see them and tickets that are at a viable price £20 plus

When are people supposed to know if they'll get a ticket? Isnt it like oct 7th or something like that?

something daft like a few days before

Yeah, that's what you call respect. And to "avoid rush and confusion". Pppff. How are there ANY fans still wanting to attend that thing. I don't know. Beats me.

it is becoming obvious to me that there must be alot of fans still interested in this tribute.

:no:

This can be possible? I think most fans are against this tribute. Or not? :(

God, it's unbelievable that everything is silent.... :doh: I hope that something is happening behind the scenes.... (Helloooooooooo Estate!!!!) :fear:

To be fair, 3T is actually quite popular in the UK. So much so that their second album was an exclusive release. I think it is only in the US that 3T didn't really take off. The Jacksons in general also have a stronger UK fanbase because even Tito with his jazz band was able to sell out an arena that was around 10-20,000 going by their reality show. In comparison Tito can only do night clubs in US. Even Jermaine is more popular since he can do Vagas at least.

However, are their fans willing to drop that kind of cash remains to be seen.

To be fair, 3T is actually quite popular in the UK. So much so that their second album was an exclusive release. I think it is only in the US that 3T didn't really take off. The Jacksons in general also have a stronger UK fanbase because even Tito with his jazz band was able to sell out an arena that was around 10-20,000 going by their reality show. In comparison Tito can only do night clubs in US. Even Jermaine is more popular since he can do Vegas at least.

However, are their fans willing to drop that kind of cash remains to be seen.

It's more and more obvious this is planed as an event for an audience for the UK. Being neither in the US or the UK, I think no one in Europe cares about 3T or the Jackson brothers tbh (sorry Jerm, you should have checked before planing a release in France); as for the rest of the line up, remove Xtina and the artists are complete strangers. Even Smokey, except for older people (like me lol).

3T were popular in the UK 15 years ago and their second album was exclusively released in France not the UK.

It's more and more obvious this is planed as an event for an audience for the UK. Being neither in the US or the UK, I think no one in Europe cares about 3T or the Jackson brothers tbh (sorry Jerm, you should have checked before planing a release in France); as for the rest of the line up, remove Xtina and the artists are complete strangers. Even Smokey, except for older people (like me lol).
tbh Leona Lewis is somewhat popular as well

To be fair, 3T is actually quite popular in the UK.
yeah they
were back in the day but that was the mid 90's and the main fan base was mj fans or young girls who are now as old or nearly as old as me! the second album didnt get a decent release anywhere i as a fan didnt even know there was one. till years later. all to do with the sony wars

because even Tito with his jazz band was able to sell out an arena that was around 10-20,000 going by their reality show.

dont believe that was the case at all. anyone want to clarify. i dont reember that as someone in they uk. i think he appeared as a special guest at some show that was already touring but nothing more.

the only fans the jacksons have in the uk are mj fans who go and see them cause they are mjs bro or sis. even with janet when i went to her concerts here years back u used to see more mj t.shirts than janet ones. and some mj friends would ring me if say jerm was in town and they would like fancy going down to try and see them but thats its. the males certainly dont have a fanbase in the uk at all.

I agree that Leona is somewhat famous. But to me, more like a "bathroom singer" : you like to sing her songs in the shower, but (again) would you cross the channel, pay for a hotel room, expensive concert ticket, just to hear her sing 2 songs? Doubt it.

I also don't get how a fan of one of the artist listed would like to pay that much to hear them sing someone else's song when they can pay less and hear them sing their own song.

:coffee: we'll see...

Any countdown to cancelling? ;)

I say September 6th.

yeah they
were back in the day but that was the mid 90's and the main fan base was mj fans or young girls who are now as old or nearly as old as me! the second album didnt get a decent release anywhere i as a fan didnt even know there was one. till years later. all to do with the sony wars

dont believe that was the case at all. anyone want to clarify. i dont reember that as someone in they uk. i think he appeared as a spec.
I think he was either a guest performer or an opening act for someone on that day. he definitely didn't sell those tickets out by his own.

Any countdown to cancelling? ;)

www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif

:timer:

Is taking too long to be canceled. :unsure:

I say September 6th.

September 6th? Why this date? :unsure:

Back