MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Yes a dignified silence. Much like Michael, he never commented or replied about his family's Messes either.

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

It's gotta be embarrassing though. Someone with an ounce of sense needs to do something with these Jacksons. SMH.

Aside from rude, this statement has absolutely nothing to do with the subject that is being discussed. They are not even participating in this concert. Could only be because they are eeeeevil and dangerous. Please.

I was answering a question.
Sorry you are offended but I consider the Jackson's comments about Michael and their disrespect of his children and fans to be much more rude then any statements I have made yet you ignore them. How do you know they are not participating in this mess of concert? Just because you haven't seen their hands yet doesn't mean they are not players in the card game.

Last edited:
I wonder where Janet is in all this hot mess. Not heard a peep from her about it have we? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Aslong as they dint involve her she doest seem to give a dam about how they use mj and the kids.after all shes next in line if the using of mj stops.so im sure shes quite happy to sit back and say and do nothing as long as they leave her out of their mess

I wonder where Janet is in all this hot mess. Not heard a peep from her about it have we? Correct me if I'm wrong.
She does whatever Randy does, Randall leads Janet follows.
Aslong as they dint involve her she doest seem to give a dam about how they use mj and the kids.after all shes next in line if the using of mj stops.so im sure shes quite happy to sit back and say and do nothing as long as they leave her out of their mess
For real, let's not pretend she's some kind of saint. If Randy were in this she'd be in this as well, but since he is not, neither is she.

Jermaine needs to sit his two-faced behind down because all this 'outrage' on twitter is just ridiculous! has he forgotten his attempt at a tribute in Vienna? where he did'nt think he needed to advise his other family members about? just watching him talk about that on the reality show just irked me, selfish, just plain selfish! and his tweets now are just the same. His darn sister LaToya is behind this farce or is he gonna feign ignorance on that point as well? the fight for the spotlight is on and its so pityful to watch.

Let me tell you all something, nothing and I do mean nothing any of those Jackson do will I ever support, NONE! You would have to be blind not to finally realise that 'the love for Michael, our brother and son' is not whats important to them right now. The money grab that has been going on masks all that and is evident for all to see!

BTW....how is he gonna state that he cannot stop whats going on? is he trying to tell us that none of his mothers surviving children have any influence where she's concerned? and that she is just out there doing her own thing with these vultures?
Amen..

It will be interesting to see if it's still going ahead when they have contacted the people who have already registered, at the moment GL would have no clue as to how many tickets they have sold.

I sent tweets to all the participating acts:
@smokey_robinson
@pixiesongs
@leonalewismusic
@JLSOfficial
@Diversity_Tweet
@CraigDavid
@alexandramusic
@alienantfarm
@TheRealXtina
@TheRealXtina
@CeeLoGreen
#michaeljackson fans are against #michaelforever concert. Please reconsider your participation. yfrog.com/kev0cdlj

We can all do that!

^^ You said Craig David. That makes no sense, when Invincible came out he said it sounded 10 years out of date. WTF is he doing there?

What are any of those artists doing there...:cry:

I know. :( This shouldn't be happening :( :(

I guess there aren't many people here who will go to this 'tribute'.

However, how many people are planning to

(a) Watch the show IF it's broadcast on TV? (they say they're planning to broadcast it on TV in 2D and 3D, although I seriously doubt this will happen on any mainstream station in the UK. Possibly a Sky channel, but that's about it)

(b) Buy the show on DVD/BluRay?

BTW I don't think Craig David's criticism of Invincible 10 years ago should have any impact on his decision to pay tribute to MJ. Craig was a big fan of MJ's and he's entitled to dislike or criticise Vince if he wants. Many of us on this board criticise some of MJ's material too, and in fact Vince has been highly criticised on MJ boards since it was released!

I also don't think it's fair to Tweet/email the participants to try and get them to change their mind. I'm not comfortable with the concert but I don't want to sabotage it.

It will be interesting to see if it's still going ahead when they have contacted the people who have already registered, at the moment GL would have no clue as to how many tickets they have sold.

Absolutely. And this is why it won't help them to extend the registration period any further...they will need to KNOW how much cash is coming their way, fairly soon. Any KISS fans who registered won't be paying, and neither will many MJ fans who registered before KISS was announced and changed their minds afterwards.
If they hadn't come up with such a ridiculously complicated booking system they would have more clarity by now.
(They should in any case be clear about most MJ fans wishes, but don't seem to want to listen).

On the Tribute FB page yesterday, they were still talking about announcing 'VIP packages' next week, which those who register would have the opportunity to 'upgrade' to.

Last edited:

I guess there aren't many people here who will go to this 'tribute'.

(a) Watch the show IF it's broadcast on TV? (they say they're planning to broadcast it on TV in 2D and 3D, although I seriously doubt this will happen on any mainstream station in the UK. Possibly a Sky channel, but that's about it)

BTW I don't think Craig David's criticism of Invincible 10 years ago should have any impact on his decision to pay tribute to MJ. Craig was a big fan of MJ's and he's entitled to dislike or criticise Vince if he wants. Many of us on this board criticise some of MJ's material too, and in fact Vince has been highly criticised on MJ boards since it was released!

I also don't think it's fair to Tweet/email the participants to try and get them to change their mind. I'm not comfortable with the concert but I don't want to sabotage it.

They can't sell anything broadcasting rights on DVDs. As long as they are covering Michael's songs the estate can't touch them. Otherwise any person who sings or pay tribute to Michael would have to pay them. However, if the family tries to sell the rights for the 'tribute' for marketing reasons, the estate can sue them and take the money. The best the can hope for, and they will most likely do it, is to demonize the estate to the media and make them look like selfish monsters for stealing money off Michael's mom. That's pretty much why the estate has been passive aggressive throughout this whole crap.

Off topic, but I wanted to address this once.

I don't think Janet could stop this even if she was vocally against it. I don't blame Janet for not helping her family. Look where that led Michael. You can't help this family when it comes to money, they are black holes. Even if they did obtain Michale's money, the estate would be in the red by the end of the decade. We also don't know what is her involvement in the kids' life so we don't know what she is or isn't doing. It wouldn't matter too much anyway since it had been said that Janet had little sway in the family since she is the 'baby'.

I can understand fans not liking her for the addict comments and I am not in the business of changing anyone's minds on this subject. I am still piss too about what she did and wished she hasn't said it. However, at least she had shut up about it recently unlike others I can name 'cough Toya', 'cough Oxman'. I also think some people believe Rowe when he claim how Janet because pissed about Michael not touring with the brothers. I don't know if it's true or not, but Rowe is anything but a reliable source given his history.

That's my two cents anyway.

I absolutely cannot stand Global Live now. Never heard of them before all this, and now that I know a little about them, any miniscule interest I would have had is DEAD! So no, I cannot support this tribute in any form.

HOWEVER, it will be hard for me to NOT watch what the children do or say. And since that snippet would shortly be broadcast all over the place on youtube and the media, that I will watch.

Plus, I think Cirque is going to be such an extravanganza everything is going to pale in comparison, major artist interpreting his work or not.

I absolutely cannot stand Global Live now. Never heard of them before all this

That's because it was set up in March 2011.

They can't sell anything broadcasting rights on DVDs. As long as they are covering Michael's songs the estate can't touch them. Otherwise any person who sings or pay tribute to Michael would have to pay them. However, if the family tries to sell the rights for the 'tribute' for marketing reasons, the estate can sue them and take the money. The best the can hope for, and they will most likely do it, is to demonize the estate to the media and make them look like selfish monsters for stealing money off Michael's mom. That's pretty much why the estate has been passive aggressive throughout this whole crap.

Yeah, I think demonizing the estate was the plan all along. This concert with its "galaxy of the stars" was going to be so great and only a fortunate 75,000 is going to be able to see it because the estate is refusing clearance for broadcasting.

I can just imagine LaToya leading the lynching of the estate for denying MJ's fans the opportunity to see this wonderful tribute. Katherine would be more careful in what she would say, but she'd definitely make some utterances, perpetuating the US vs. THEM standoff.

The estate was very smart to lay back. Global really shot themselves in the foot with Gene Simmons. They have no credibility now.

From the Facebook tribute page:

Update: For anyone still thinking about attending.

This message then links you to a page set up for hotel accomodations and such. (That page is pretty dead, no action whatsoever.)

"For anyone still thinking about attending." Maybe it's just me, but those words sound lifeless and desperate.

That's because it was set up in March 2011.

Well, they certainly make a terrible first impression.

Well, they certainly make a terrible first impression.

That's for sure!..But then again the whole basis on why they created "Global Live Events" was for this "tribute" scheme (Unless someone knows of other things they have done so far)..My guess is that once the tribute was over, it would be shut down and never be heard of again..Or if they actually had support for it and it did well (god forbid) they would do more scheming with it.

Definition of insanity? "Continuing to do exactly the same things, but expecting a different result?" If there is anything good to come of this fiasco, it is that it finally might put an end to family-led "Tribute concerts?" The lesson was not learned from Jermaine's failed attempt in Vienna, but maybe THIS time it will be?

Regardless if the Jacksons have labeled themselves "a Dynasty," they really are NOT. Except for Janet (who forged her OWN successful music and acting career), the Jacksons have proven themselves to be TOXIC. I expect the acts for this show will drain away; tickets were be left unpurchased, and that will be the end of it? (Unless the Estate finally decides to sue for FRAUD, which is what it really is if the show turns out not to be for "charity," after all?)

I think even if GL intended to keep doing business, they should change their name; and even then, I mean, with the press conference and all, everybody knows their names, and who would want to have anything to do with those guys now?

And the Jacksons may have over sized egos, but they're not a dynasty. So far there's one and only generation of this family who can be considered 'known", and 2 members actually famous. They should get down from that self built pedestal and realize no one cares about the rest of the family. Either in the general public, or in the music industry (just see the concert line up again). And the reasons some of them are known are nothing to be proud of, quite the contrary.

Last edited:

Regardless if the Jacksons have labeled themselves "a Dynasty," they really are NOT.

Not trying to hijack the board, but where did it all go wrong?

I realize when Michael left the group, things changed, but why didn't some "Clive Davis/L.A. Reid" type come in and try to REVAMP the brothers. When did it change so badly that, in my opinion, aside from Michael and Janet, the remaining members are sort of a joke. They seem to believe that they have this wonderful credibility and power but they don't. Even when they put Katherine Jackson's name on the first line, their credibility is still shot. What the heck happened to the Jacksons?

Hmm it's been a little quiet in the phoney tribute and Jackson front. The probability of this getting cancelled is still very high, and with all the negative press I wouldn't be surprised if some of the artists decide to drop-out as well. For sure some of them are having second thoughts about being associated with this mess.

For sure some of them are having second thoughts about being associated with this mess.

Yeah, I can definitely see the management teams of Cee-Lo and Christina (and maybe some of the others) being concerned about all of the negative press and the family's PUBLIC battle.

I would think that a management team would try and avoid all of the drama that has gone on in the last few days. If nothing else, I'm sure they are saying: "what the heck did we get ourselves into!"

From the Facebook tribute page:

Update: For anyone still thinking about attending.

This message then links you to a page set up for hotel accomodations and such. (That page is pretty dead, no action whatsoever.)

"For anyone still thinking about attending." Maybe it's just me, but those words sound lifeless and desperate.

This was posted by someone who is against the concert anyway, not by the admin :)

I realize when Michael left the group, things changed, but why didn't some "Clive Davis/L.A. Reid" type come in and try to REVAMP the brothers. When did it change so badly that, in my opinion, aside from Michael and Janet, the remaining members are sort of a joke. They seem to believe that they have this wonderful credibility and power but they don't. Even when they put Katherine Jackson's name on the first line, their credibility is still shot. What the heck happened to the Jacksons?

From what I have seen the brothers depended on Michael for so long that they allowed their own talent because rusty and finally go to waste. They had doors open to them during the 80s. Jermaine worked with a number of well known people in the business which is how he worked with Whitney.

The biggest problem, however, is that despite their claims they never learned the business. You can tell by how horribly they handle deals, chose the people they worked with, ect that they didn't know what they were doing. This is because only Michael took the time to actually learn about the business outside of the recording studio, especially after Motown screwed them.

Another huge problem is greed and ego. The Jacksons' are greedy and they are very prideful people. Their main motivation for anything is to get money, not the happiness of the fans or the quality of their work. Yes, one should be payed for their talent, but you could see that Michael also took personal pride in making his work the best he could make it not only for his fans, but also for himself. If he just wanted money, he could had easily made many more studio albums and the albums being shorter. Record companies don't like albums like Bad with allot of number 1s because those songs could had been spread through several different albums and they would had made more money.

As for pride, the Jacksons do have stuff to be proud. They raise from the bottom and because stars back when music was still segregated and won the hearts of an entire generation. They also produce two long lasting stars, something that doesn't happen ofter in family acts. If they managed their money right, they could in a position to never work again. However, their pride makes them blind to their own limits. Most of the brothers think they could had been or are Michael's equals or at least rival if they truly wanted to. If Michael is a 10 on the talent scale they think they are at least a 7 or 9.5. Because of their pride, they believe they are above during anything small and should only do arenas or even stadiums. They don't want to accept that it was Michael's talent that carried that family, even now. That's why they go around calling themselves royalty despite the fact there was only one prince and king.

Finally, the are lazy. They want everything handed or done for them and they have no sense of teamwork. Look at their reality show if you want to know what I mean.

Yeah, I can definitely see the management teams of Cee-Lo and Christina (and maybe some of the others) being concerned about all of the negative press and the family's PUBLIC battle.

I would think that a management team would try and avoid all of the drama that has gone on in the last few days. If nothing else, I'm sure they are saying: "what the heck did we get ourselves into!"

I agree. And in my opinion, the other artists should be allowed to bail out of the deal free and clear if they want to. No breach-of-contract lawsuits. No nothing. Why should they be made to perform when the tribute is a public relations nightmare and it wasn't their fault? It wouldn't be fair. This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:

A few thoughts...

1. The final tour together. Maybe since the brothers all made such a nice paycheck with it, they were genuinely tired from it all and wanted to just rest on their laurels. By the time, they wanted to come back. It was too late. The Clive Davis' weren't interested. Had moved on to younger acts. If there is anything we do know about the entertainment business, it's that celebrity and stardom can be very fleeting. That's why the fact that Michael at 50, with no product out in years, but could still sell 750,000 seats in a matter of a few hours is remarkable, especially when you consider all the crap that had been leveled at him morally and criminally for the last 20 years.

2. MJ was more driven. It wasn't just Joe's disciplining, but something innate within him that drove him to want acheivements others hadn't ever reached. The fact that even after he became a huge superstar, he would fast and dance all day Sundays to perfect his art is an example of his drive..

3. The other brothers had families. Even if they didn't take care of them as they should, they had spouses and children that demanded their attention. Michael said himself he was married to his career. Once, he did have children, Michael too pulled back.

4. And finally, Michael was just a special gift to us. I know that might sound kind of out there, but I genuinely believe he served a purpose that was realized through his singing, dancing, and humanity. The fact that he was able to touch all manner of people and multi millions of us to the point that we physically ached at his passing as if he was family member is evidence of that to me.

This was posted by someone who is against the concert anyway, not by the admin :)
It's hard to tell who's for what over there. LOL! In my opinion, there is definitely a plant or two, trying to create some buzz for this sinking ship.

And the person who posted the "hotel" page, is sending out mixes signals. I mean, how can you be against the concert, at the same time you are in charge of a page offering hotels and whatnot. Don't make no sense, in my opinion.

Back