MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Nice letter by the estate.i especially smiled at the question about whos getting the money from the crazy tik prices along with global live.hummmm lol i think we all know the answer to that. Be intresting to see if they reply. And i like the question about i presume u wont want to use mjs name and likeness etc lol. Nicely done estate

And whats the deal with toya been involved with global live? Someone who works for her company is the head of global in the usa?

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Hmmm I wonder where the name Jatail comes from.. maybe the Ja is short for Jackson... see where I'm going with that one?

How stupid can this family be? They always find ways to use Michael's name for their own good and profit. Is there any MJ fan who would like to see Gene Simmons on stage at a tribute for Michael? IT'S A DISGRACE!

Applause to Estate for their statement!

I just hope this thing stops now! And the concert is cancelled. No one needs another two months of Global not knowing what the hell they're doing and adding one screw up on top of another. Enough already.

Latoya said follow the money ->
Paul Ring Global Live Events executive the one Katherine was sitting with on CNN
is also President of Ja-Tail Interactive and VP Of Ja-tail Business Development
which is Latoys and Jeffires Co
http://t.co/mnmvAB8

Last edited:

I have been hearing Gene Simmons and Kiss have now been dropped.

This does not change our position on this event.

Global live are supposed to be honouring Michaels legacy in every possible way it can.

It is not.

Its blatant disregard for Michaels reputation is clear.

It is also clear they should not in any way be organising a tribute on behalf of Michael Jackson.

Therefore MJJCommunity's position will not change until this tribute is cancelled.

We find it deplorable that such an organisation has made an impecable amount of mistakes from the timing to ticket allocation and the line up.This event does not have the best interests of the fans moreso it is clear they do not have Michaels either.

Regards Team MJJC

there was no official announcement about them being dropped though... but I agree it doesn't change anything about this so called tribute

Wow! Gaz, now this is a statement even I agree with completely.

Strangely, there's no more admin on the FB page, the only one in favor of the concert is our dear ghost Rasmus, who gets less and less polite as time passes.

^ Just liked the Fans Against Michael ForeverTribute, very impressed by MJJC releasing this statement, thank-you!

Thank you MJJC for the well-written statement!
I'm also happy to see The Estate doing a good job. There's no better time to put a stop to this foolishness than the present.

The Estate are great, respect to them :)

Thanks ivy, spot on.

Good job, The Estate!
I am very sad because of all the things that "some people" do in the name of Michael... Michael did not deserve this! We, the fans need to take action againstthese idiots! We must try to carry on, with dignity, the Michael`s legacy.

This Rasmus person share the same name as a Swedish fan who is a Michael impersonater.

I´m so tired after all this, but I want to say thank you MJJC and estate. I´m out of words really.

Thank you.I fully support this statement and I'm glad the Estate reacted too,kudos to them.

I was already disgusted by everything surrounding this event,but this is beyond shocking.I feel literally sick.As many have said,I don't care if they are dropped from the list or not,the damage is done.This whole fiasco has nothing to do with honouring Michael and I want it to be cancelled.

Another comment of mine has been removed from the tribute's facebook.

Just to add to the many many comments here, and say it all over again...

Take Kiss off of the list, I don't care! I can honsestly not see a single person who is going to attend this thing now.

Thank you to the estate and to MJJC for releasing statements! It is good to see in this world where we feel so lost and helpless without Michael to back us up (or visa versa) that there is somebody out there still holding our backs!!!

We are Michael Jackson fans, we are the estate and we are MJJC... thank you for being the loud-haler to our voice!!!!

Im so dissapointed in Jackie, Tito and Marlon. I always liked them. Jackie were/is working with the Estate... why would he go and support this crap???

I'm disappointed too, I always liked Jackie, Marlon and Tito. Why is there nobody in that family that can see any sense? It's like they have no clue of what goes on in the world. Just lost for words at the complete idiocy of the whole thing.

Latest update...

Nikki Sixx has been added to the list of performers and the organisers are trying to get Martin Bashir to make some kind of tribute speech.

As gaz sais this'tribute' has been as from the beginning and the organisers have made so many mistakes. It is unforgivable no matter which way you cut it. It is disgusting. There is now way on earth I will ever support this. It's just been handled with so much disregard and I believe katherine has been so very naive.this tribute is only hurting mj legacy-not enhancing it in any way.

The admin for fans against Michael Forever Tribute make a good point, that It would also be a form of statement if all those against the tribute unliked the concert page.

Mention in this article :

Global Live Events Sent Open Letter From Michael Jackson Estate Following KISS of Death
After condemnations by Jermaine and Randy Jackson, thousands of negative comments by Jacksons fans worldwide and our feature article, it looks like the Michael Forever tribute concert may have finally received the KISS of death after scheduling Gene Simmons and the rest of his make-up’d band to play at the show, just a year after Simmons publicly branded Michael a child molester.

And now, the besieged organisers Global Live Events have received a formal letter of disapproval from Michael’s estate, as well as coming under fire from the largest online Michael Jackson forum, MJJCommunity.com, who released an official statement about the affair telling fans not to attend the show.

The estate, which controls MJ’s name, his property and his likeness, claimed that its “mandate is to protect, preserve and perpetuate Michael’s legacy” and that Global Live Events should contact the estate urgently – leaving the future of the concert in heavy doubt. The proposed ‘tribute’ to MJ has come under scrutiny since its announcement earlier this summer, after splitting the Jackson family. Michael’s mother Katherine is a supporter of the show but also received money for Michael's children from the promoters, whereas Jermaine and Randy Jackson opposed the show as it was planned to go ahead during the trial of Conrad Murray, the doctor who allegedly prescribed and fed Michael the drugs that killed him.

After the initial problems, things got worse and worse for Global Live Events and things boiled over, resulting in Michael’s estate sending the company an open letter addressing the show. As you can see in the scan below, the letter calls Global Live Event out on everything to do with their concert, and will make life very difficult for the promoters when they’re trying to sell the 72,000 tickets for the event at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium (should the concert even go ahead).
There have been many rumours circulating on the internet suggesting that KISS have been removed from the line-up by bungling bosses at Global Live Events, but we can’t confirm whether that is true at the current time. What we can say, though, is that the damage of adding KISS to the bill in the first place is long done, and at this moment in time it looks like the concert is doomed.

But, just in case the letter and KISS controversy wasn’t enough, Michael’s largest online following joined in the attack on the promoters, advising readers and followers to boycott the gig.

They wrote: “We want to make it known that we as MJJC do not support Michael Forever Tribute for the above mentioned reasons. We urge the fans not to attend and make a statement to the organizers to show that we aren’t happy about the conditions of this tribute and how the memory of Michael is treated.”

And the forum’s users agreed, with Yolanda Jackson writing: “I co-sign this statement. It doesn't matter if KISS has been dropped, the damage has been done. Gene Simmon's statements about Michael have been dredged up once again. Michael's name has been drugged through the mud once again. Enough is enough.”

Claudia Mancini asked: “Where can I send a confirmation to the organizers to let them know that this tribute concert is a SHAME??” and Luis Gonzalez simply told MJJC “I will not support it at all”.

Stereoboard has been following the Michael Forever tribute concert closely for the past couple of weeks – tell us what you think of the controversial concert in the comments section below.
http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167234/9

Latest update...

Nikki Sixx has been added to the list of performers and the organisers are trying to get Martin Bashir to make some kind of tribute speech.

And I suggest to invite Tom Sneddon as an honorary guest.

I am glad the estate made a statement. The whole thing is so wrong and it doesn't matter if KISS is removed the damage is done. Katherine needs to stop getting involved in these things and just be a grandmother. The family hurt Michael they don't help him. They go on tv and say things that hurt don't help. All their projects are about them not Michael and the bash everything the estate does because they don't benefit financially. They are not entitled to because they are not in the will. The whole thing is beyond sad now.

Back