MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Update Chris Brown Speaks Up Post 214*

Re: BET Awards 2010 w/ stream

thanks MJfan44 that performance was quite riveting. :)

Need to get my Jaksta started and capture that video before Youtube yanks it.

i dont really like Chris Brown espeacaily after what he did to Rihanna But That was a great tribute! I saw it when he cane down dressed at Michael in the Way U make me feel video. When he began crying during Man In The mirror i cried to. great tribute. Michael has got to be so touched right now.

Rep points for you MjFan44. I think Chris did a great job. And, it was waaaay better than last year. I miss MJ!

Rep points for you MjFan44. I think Chris did a great job. And, it was waaaay better than last year. I miss MJ!

It was I must admit. It even had me crying towards the end. I havent been watching the show but I have been tuning in and out from time to time. I liked El Debarge performance and the Haiti tribute was alright. I see BET tried to do something different this year. What they should do is put different artists and more of the older artists and not the same artists every year. I see they tried to do that this year. It makes it not so boring. But you know its still nothing special really foreal.

wow, i wish i hadn't read this thread or known what would happen cuz that performance woulda been really emotional to see live....

i am happy to see chris brown have this opportunity, because people deserve second chances and he loves michael so much.. its beautiful to see the effect Michael has had on so many people.

it's also amazing how soooooo many moves and outfits are instantly recognizable. everything Michael did was iconic....(i guess thats obvious here haha but i don't see other singers doing michaels moves so intentionally as it was here)

I liked that Esparanza girl and thought Prince's speech was quite good, but overall just an okay tribute for me. Always great to see Prince though. He's a gem.

Thanks for the youtube link. Watching Chris Brown overcome by emotion just about did me in.

I thought Prince's speech was very classy and he looked genuinely touched by the honor and the performances.

Prince's facial expressions are absolutely priceless. did you see the way he was looking at Alicia Keys when she got up on that piano? LOL!

and i knew Patti was about to kick off those shoes. i could see it coming.

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010

Chris did a phenomenal job. Still the best performance of the night to me. He was so emotional at the end, it he really got to me. I cried. I cried 'cause I realized we will never see MJ perform on stage again :cry:. Chris really got to me and I believe he was genuine. He's always been a massive MJ fan. He was great.

Did This Is It win the film award?

Did This Is It win the film award?

Yeh i heard that chris got really emotional at the end........i think if i watch i will too..:cry:

Chris did get emotional. He broke down and cried. Couldn't even sing the song.

TMZ posted the video if anyone wants to watch. I hate to give them hits, but youtube usually removes video's so quick and for those who don't have BET you can watch it there.

Last edited:

Other than the tribute Janet Jackson did, I think this was the best tribute I saw. It captured the full essence of Michael Jackson: singing, dancing, showmanship, humanitarianism. I loved it. A lot of people were talking down on it because of the fact it was Chris Brown, but I liked it. And I think his tears were genuine and not a "PR stunt" like people have said.

Good job, Chris Brown!!

I don't know, I didn't even see that segment.

Does anyone here know if "This Is It" won?

I started crying when he broke down. I liked how he was dancing and you could hear Michael singing. Like he was there.

Everyone is twittering bout chris's performance! Its like the "talk of twitter town"

Other than the tribute Janet Jackson did, I think this was the best tribute I saw. It captured the full essence of Michael Jackson: singing, dancing, showmanship, humanitarianism. I loved it. A lot of people were talking down on it because of the fact it was Chris Brown, but I liked it. And I think his tears were genuine and not a "PR stunt" like people have said.

Good job, Chris Brown!!

Totally agree w/you!!

Back