MJ was a Sex God -- While Media Pretends Not to Notice

Haha, this is both hilarious and sad, but I thought it was kind of relevant to this thread, even though I'm sure it was just supposed to be funny...

What Michael would apparently look like if he was a "macho man"

tumblr_kspf13Hx7T1qa26dno1_400.jpg

The text says:
He's allegedly bleached his skin, tattooed on eyeliner and undergone countless plastic surgeries. But now, Michael Jackson is about to undergo his most extreme makeover yet: from Peter Pan to Macho Man! The King of Pop has reportedly been working out, [can't read these two words], has cut his hair and is using less makeup, while he lives in Bahrain, plotting his career comeback.

Michael's image overhaul comes soon after he got unsolicited advice from both Missy Elliot and Britney Spears. "I would give him thugged-out braids, a tank top, jeans and penny loafers," said Missy. Britney took it ever further: "He needs someone to be like, 'OK, let's give you a moustache and rough you up -- go to a bar, get drunk and be a man' -- he needs to get into a fight." Was Michael listening?

Well, there's your typical American idea of "masculinity".

Last edited:
Haha, this is both hilarious and sad, but I thought it was kind of relevant to this thread, even though I'm sure it was just supposed to be funny...

The text says:
He's allegedly bleached his skin, tattooed on eyeliner and undergone countless plastic surgeries. But now, Michael Jackson is about to undergo his most extreme makeover yet: from Peter Pan to Macho Man! The King of Pop has reportedly been working out, [can't read these two words], has cut his hair and is using less makeup, while he lives in Bahrain, plotting his career comeback.

Michael's image overhaul comes soon after he got unsolicited advice from both Missy Elliot and Britney Spears. "I would give him thugged-out braids, a tank top, jeans and penny loafers," said Missy. Britney took it ever further: "He needs someone to be like, 'OK, let's give you a moustache and rough you up -- go to a bar, get drunk and be a man' -- he needs to get into a fight." Was Michael listening?

haaaaa lol, i saw that before. what a joke.
Michael dressed classy, why does he need to wear 'thug' clothes.
His style was unique, and its nice that he brought back fedoras and nice suits. unlike the crap fashion today mostly.

May I throw out a few ideas? (These aren't directed at you, Princess Michaela, I think you'd probably agree with most of this).

How to share the love...

His Face. I think it would help fans wanting to share their enthusiasm with friends if they could openly acknowledge what their friends' biggest obstacle is. Most folks are simply not going to find very credible a critique from someone who denies MJ's facial changes were unfortunate. There's a lot of denial on this site.

Look, I know you all find his face beautiful no matter what, but you need to understand that this alone is what's going to always separate you from the rest of the pack. People are rethinking the pedophilia... but not the face, gang. They're trying to get used to in the movie, but it's really hard for them. Don't push it.

Acknowledge it. Say up front, yeah, I know about his face. Between the burns, the vitiligo, and botched surgery, what happened to his face is unfortunate. Just remind people that he was widely considered gorgeous during the Bad era, which was after most of the changes. But he became fed up with all the makeup to hide the vitiligo blotching and just depigmented his face. The changes became too prominent then. He should have explained sooner, but was incredibly embarrassed. People relate to this.

But tell them: there's more to a man, a singer, songwriter, and dancer than a pretty face! Explain that his sexiness is in how he MOVES!!!!! And in his singing and lyrics... And did I mention, how he MOVES?!!!!

Tell them there was little coverage of his sexual charisma, of the world tours sold out to millions of screaming, fainting women and men, because the media sold more papers showing MJ with his pet chimp.

About the pedophilia. It's no good to gush that he's a saint, an angel on earth, loves all children, and would never do such a thing... they're going to roll their eyes and stop listening. IF the following is true for you (and it SHOULD be), then say: "I've examined the evidence with an open mind. More information about the parents has come to light. And it looks pretty clear that the poor children's parents were extortionists who manipulated their own children. MJ's insurance company forced a quick settlement against his wishes so as to salvage the expensive tour he was on. And of course he was acquitted of all charges."

Do NOT bash the children involved in the allegations. MANY people have personal connections to abused children or were themselves -- it's friggin' RAMPANT. You MUST show great empathy for this. If you see this is upsetting them, it may be they themselves were abused. DROP IT. Your friends' trauma comes before your love for MJ.

Yes, MJ had a thing about children. Kenny Ortega in a recent interview said that, while on tour with MJ, as soon as they'd arrive at the next airport, MJ would say: Let's go visit the orphanage! And off they'd go! Yes, it's unusual. This was not your normal rockstar.

And leave it at that. Don't overdo it. Don't repeat debunked rumors, like "the boy has since recanted his story." No he hasn't. Don't overstate your case -- you'll look stupid. If you sound calm and objective, people will say, Wow, I didn't know that, I'll have to look into that.

nice to see other fans say what im thinking.
yea, Michael did not come out and talk about vitiligo early on, and chose not to be a spokesperson, and i can not blame him, he has insecurities, and im sure it was private either way. sadly theres people out there who still have no clue about vitiligo. he talked about it after the fact, but with the surgeries, it only made vitiligo into something else like ''he needed to change his skin tone too now''. he was a teen idol and sexy in his early - mid 20's so that did exist for a time for him in the media. so the race card can't always fly either when i hear it, we as fans need to be honest as well. but ahhh, i dont know what else to say anymore. i wish the media would look at how we fans react more in the end. we are pretty amazing fans, we didn't abandom michael because he did not conform to 'normal.' and guess what, he was still sexy to us, thats how gorgeous he was inside and out.

That is...."bad"????
Woww.... then I like him "bad"
LOL!!

:)

Well if the woman who wrote that says its like a ''toy chest'', then hell, i would want to 'play' with it then!!! lol

In 1996, MJ was considered the 7th sexiest person aliveby some magazine.

Let me guess.....it wasn't People Magazines Most Beautiful list....er, these magazines and assuming women only like certain men.

Personally, I am completely attracted to the sartorial flair of Michael's clothes! They scream taste and individuality. I'm a sucker for a man in a suit and his are always made to perfection but never look like something that promotes conformity.

Also, I love Michael's pushing of established gender lines when it comes to aesthetics. It annoys me when some people try to downplay his use of make up or clothing that could be considered feminine, like it's a bad thing. It's not a bad thing, it's creative! And it just goes to show, if it looks good - it looks good! Doesn't matter if "society" would tell you that your gender isn't "supposed" to wear a woman's jacket or cosmetics. And if Michael's use of these affects combined with his strong sense of his own sexuality as a straight male empowered some within the LGBT community to be more comfortable within their own selves then that is a good thing IMO. Michael's confidence oozes from his fashion "risk taking".

I also think it's hilarious how the mainstream media ignores the crotch grabbing as some kind of quirk or "eccenticity" and doesnt acknowledge it for the absolute lady tease that it is! haha. I think the reason the media will not label Michael sexy is because it's a huge backflip on what they've told us are acceptable sexy "traits" such as men with bulky arms, ripped stomachs, and ken doll faces and women with barbie doll proportions. Anyone who appears to subvert those two ideals gets shafted into the "odd" or "acquired taste" catergory. And as a result, the mainstream think it's weird to find those people appealing. It's silly, but many people are too insecure to go against the grain.

i agree with everything you said!
Its sad, i mean its okay for Prince to be sexy and androgynous, but not Michael.

Elvis Presley and his pelvis move was considered sexy. why can the media not see that the crotch grab was the same thing for Michael's generation?

it's so simple. although both were risque ... i mean remember the panther scene premiere on primetime tv? i feel the changes in his appearance had some affect though with the damn media.

Interesting! What would we have?

--He wouldn't be Michael Jackson. He'd be someone else.
--He'd be an extremely handsome, brilliant songwriter, still wealthy.
--He wouldn't have toured and been a rockstar, trapped by celebrity in a fortress. Less fear of crazed women. Instead he'd almost certainly be married with all those kids and grandkids he always wanted, more friends, more songwriting collaborations
--He'd have his natural face and hair. Probably not very wrinkled yet -- his brothers aren't. I doubt he'd have done the depigmentation and plastic surgery; his looks wouldn't have mattered as much to his career. He'd be splotchy, which would have taken, for those not around him a lot, time to get used to. Don't know about the hair: there'd have been no Pepsi commercial. If the balding wasn't due to that, he'd be your basic handsome balding guy, maybe vain enough to shave his head, which would be cute... :) He might have kept his hair natural, or done Stevie-Wonder-style dreads...
--He'd still be an astoundingly loving, sweet man.

My answer? He'd be a sex god to his wife. But not Sex God to millions.

Would it have been a better life for him? A happier life? Maybe, maybe not.

You could go crazy with what-ifs. Maybe it wouldn't have been the above rosy scenario. Maybe without Joe Jackson carefully guarding his precious song-and-dance golden child, MJ would have fallen in with bad influences. Maybe without teams of watchers and chauffeurs, he'd be dead in a car accident before he hit 30. (He was a notoriously bad driver).

For one brief shining moment, everybody in the world wanted to either be or be near Michael Jackson. Would he have traded that for a different life? Somehow, I think not.

I think he still would have chosen to be Michael Jackson, Sex God.

F**king. EPIC post of ALL TIME!

...OF ALL TIME!!

Would you consider him a sex god if he couldn't sing and dance as well as he could?

Yes I would.
It's never really been about his talent for me. That's just an added bonus.
I might have come to know him because of his singing and dancing, but that's not why I'm still here 16yrs later.
I cannot name an album from any other artist. I can't tell you any personal data from another artist. Why?
Never wanted to get any deeper knowledge with other artists.
Something else pulled me in.
Something else has made me want to get to know Michael and his life.
That would never change.

Last edited:
Thank God Michael was not a macho-man like on that picture !!!!!!
He looked hot as hell just the way he did.
The best looking man ever and the hottest!

The text says:

Little Sparrow...

This. Is. Priceless!

Now get in here and clean the coffee off my monitor!

I wonder if Michael really knew that his fans thought he was sexy.

Interesting question, Kribre...

My first instinct was to respond with simply a photo of a fan being carried out on a stretcher from a stage show, or being dragged away from him screaming, kicking and screaming... but all I know how to find easily are YouTubes.

Presumably he read countless letters from fans wanting to perform every act imaginable with him :cheeky:

Would this be too glib a response? I'm thinking...

Any takers?

Hes the most attractive man to ever grace this earth!
To me most of his sexiness is in the way he moves, the way he talks, his humor!
His apperance may have changed over the years but he looks no different in my eyes, and his sexiness just grew and grew!

Thanks to Michael Jackson, with his physical beauty and also his amazing personality, morals, values and beliefs, I now have what some may call "too high" of a standard for men.

To me, none can compare. And since Michael was somewhat of an "ideal" for me, I can't seem to find anyone close to that caliber. His looks (before and after surgeries) were gorgeous beyond words to me. His morals are hard to find in young men these days as well.

Thanks a lot Michael....

you know? same here, and the worst of it is that it took me a long time to realize it. that he'd spoiled other men for me to a great extent. yeah, thanks a lot Mike!

"I get 3,000 faints a night." MJ

And the majority of those faints are females.

Can Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, or Robert Pattinson, or the Jonas cause that????

No.

I hear you, but much as I love and admire MJ's artistry, I honestly would vastly prefer to have a regular, nonsuperstar man around. Truly. Expecting one's partner to be similar to one of the most photographed and lusted-for humans in history, who spent a fortune on his face and clothes, who surrounded himself with famous "spiritual advisors," who pal'd around with Nelson Mandela, the Clintons and Princess Di, seems a bit too much pressure on a potential mate, and oneself, don't you think? :)

I find the real world more of a turn-on than the fantasy world. I'm happy with a partner who's simply picked up a little wisdom about people (maybe from threads like this :) ), who've realized they will find their partner more, well, passionate, if they're kindhearted, understanding, and romantic, mixed with just a little swagger and style -- and are willing to get on the dancefloor!

see? your first paragraph actually explains why Lisa Marie did what she did. think about it, she has her dad, who then goes off and dies on her. so right there you have an unfulfilled vision of perfection (what nine-year old girl is gonna believe her father -- handsome and wonderful to her -- is not perfection?). so she marries a non-entity to get away from a mother who has divorced that perfect father, but she can't help but look for the perfection and glamor that was part and parcel of her childhood. so she finds Michael and falls in love. but is it something she can withstand in the long run? no matter how deep the love and how intense the attraction, I think reality was pretty darn sobering for her. hence why she ended up with another non-entity. and she seemed to be okay and happy. until, of course, Michael's death.

the problem is that her dad and Michael will always haunt her, always make her feel as if she fell short, that she missed out on perfection. this is the reason I can't help but feel sorry for LMP.

okay, sorry about that distraction. back on topic: I think a lot of women would love to be with someone like Michael for a short time. just to feel that awesome, much-dreamed-about, explosive flight close to the sun... but I think we all know it'd be difficult on both sides. there is a reason why Michael chose not to remarry. I think he knew better and made the right decision.

Last edited:
I wonder if Michael really knew that his fans thought he was sexy.

Based on the content of the letters he said he's recieved from fans, I think so.

"I read these letters and I'm like 'Oh my gosh! These girls!' I'm telling you, some of the mail gets really funky. It's not pretty, at all." MJ

lol

May I throw out a few ideas? (These aren't directed at you, Princess Michaela, I think you'd probably agree with most of this).

How to share the love...

His Face. I think it would help fans wanting to share their enthusiasm with friends if they could openly acknowledge what their friends' biggest obstacle is. Most folks are simply not going to find very credible a critique from someone who denies MJ's facial changes were unfortunate. There's a lot of denial on this site.

Look, I know you all find his face beautiful no matter what, but you need to understand that this alone is what's going to always separate you from the rest of the pack. People are rethinking the pedophilia... but not the face, gang. They're trying to get used to in the movie, but it's really hard for them. Don't push it.

Acknowledge it. Say up front, yeah, I know about his face. Between the burns, the vitiligo, and botched surgery, what happened to his face is unfortunate. Just remind people that he was widely considered gorgeous during the Bad era, which was after most of the changes. But he became fed up with all the makeup to hide the vitiligo blotching and just depigmented his face. The changes became too prominent then. He should have explained sooner, but was incredibly embarrassed. People relate to this.

But tell them: there's more to a man, a singer, songwriter, and dancer than a pretty face! Explain that his sexiness is in how he MOVES!!!!! And in his singing and lyrics... And did I mention, how he MOVES?!!!!

Tell them there was little coverage of his sexual charisma, of the world tours sold out to millions of screaming, fainting women and men, because the media sold more papers showing MJ with his pet chimp.

About the pedophilia. It's no good to gush that he's a saint, an angel on earth, loves all children, and would never do such a thing... they're going to roll their eyes and stop listening. IF the following is true for you (and it SHOULD be), then say: "I've examined the evidence with an open mind. More information about the parents has come to light. And it looks pretty clear that the poor children's parents were extortionists who manipulated their own children. MJ's insurance company forced a quick settlement against his wishes so as to salvage the expensive tour he was on. And of course he was acquitted of all charges."

Do NOT bash the children involved in the allegations. MANY people have personal connections to abused children or were themselves -- it's friggin' RAMPANT. You MUST show great empathy for this. If you see this is upsetting them, it may be they themselves were abused. DROP IT. Your friends' trauma comes before your love for MJ.

Yes, MJ had a thing about children. Kenny Ortega in a recent interview said that, while on tour with MJ, as soon as they'd arrive at the next airport, MJ would say: Let's go visit the orphanage! And off they'd go! Yes, it's unusual. This was not your normal rockstar.

And leave it at that. Don't overdo it. Don't repeat debunked rumors, like "the boy has since recanted his story." No he hasn't. Don't overstate your case -- you'll look stupid. If you sound calm and objective, people will say, Wow, I didn't know that, I'll have to look into that.

my hat is off to you.

Hey, this is where we're documenting and discussing media treatment, both historically and currently, of MJ's sex appeal.

We've dropped the ball since "This Is It" came out... here's one:

Los Angeles Times
'This Is It' movie showcases Michael Jackson's fashion comeback
October 29, 2009

The morning of the film's premiere, Bergman pulled out snapshots of Jackson trying on clothes at his house, and called him her "supermodel" because he fit into anything, including women's clothes. She emphasized his sex appeal ("He's sooooooo sexxxy!"), which comes into focus in the film for the first time in a long time, despite Jackson's surgerized face.

"When he wears Balmain on-screen, you say, 'Wow!'," she said.

In the film, Jackson looks fabulous much of the time, save for a few unfortunate print shirts and patched sweat pants that could well be the influence of L.A. fashion impresario Christian Audigier, who had approached Jackson about collaborating on a line.

But more often, you notice sharp tailoring and light-reflecting color. In a Tom Ford tuxedo worn during dancer auditions, skinny orange Dior Homme jeans, a red leather Balmain motorcycle jacket with crystal studded shoulders worn during the "Thriller" rehearsal and a Balmain suede military jacket worn with Alessandro Dell'Acqua gold sequin pants, Jackson looks powerful and contemporary.

There's still a ton of material there, past and present, so keep it coming, you media historians.

EURweb
STEVEN IVORY: Truly, Michael Jackson was It

If you haven't seen the documentary, here's some advice in viewing it: don't look away. Even the most informed Jackson devotee thinks they are mesmerized simply by the man's trademark gestures--the kicks, spins and moonwalk emulated by a multitude of Jackson impersonators--when they are actually seduced by Jackson's entrancing subtlety.

It's the instinctive physical attitude and sexy rhythm that occurs in the nanosecond when Jackson's body is on its way from one show-stopping move to the next; the stuff you'll miss if you blink (or as I did during “This Is It,” try to take notes). Indeed, it is his funky subtlety that turns impassioned, joyful, physical expression into sheer magic, and during “This Is It,” many of the film's best moments are Jackson's sublime subtlety--the kind of groovy mini moves that had Jackson fans taping his televised performances over the years so they could relish the man's swaggering mettle over and again.

My impression has been that the above two mentions of MJ's sexuality in TII reviews are rare... how about you? The following example has seemed far more typical to me -- praising, yet Michael is neutered, desexed, a singing dancing robot. Note of course that most music and film reviewers are heterosexual men, uneasy with MJ's cross-gender appeal... perhaps uneasy that they feel it themselves? They write circles around his sexuality, fearing to be caught alluding to IT.

MacLeans Canada
Michael Jackson is redeemed by a movie
by Brian D. Johnson on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:05pm

Executing intricate choreography, Jackson dances with the same semaphore precision and fluid virtuosity that made him a legend.
[..]

Whether Jackson is dancing or just explaining, the music and the moves seem hardwired into his being, like a quicksilver vocabulary, as if he’s been channelling those ghostly spirits from Thriller all along.

...And as he rips through his hits in full costume — Black and White, Man in the Mirror, Billy Jean — the camera pans down to the stadium audience: a couple of dozen screaming crew members who look thrilled to witness the resurrection of a legend.

That's NOT what the crew is screaming at during Billie Jean. He knows perfectly well what it is, but won't say...

Has anyone found a single critic who mentioned how sexy MJ was in Billie Jean? One. Single. Critic? While fans everywhere are lying in a dead faint? If this isn't media denial, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
:lmao:....thanks you for the link.....Michael definitely KNEW he was a sex god......it just liked to hide it and not talk about it....he was a gentleman.......Michael had game..:lmao:
He said he could take TWO WOMEN at ONE TIME!! ON STAGE no less - (and here I was, thinking that "You Are Not Alone" video was someone else's idea...especially that part of him laying naked on the floor while LMP pranced above him) !! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY Mike!! LOL!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Last edited:
He said he could take TWO WOMEN at ONE TIME!! ON STAGE no less - (and here I was, thinking that "You Are Not Alone" video was someone else's idea...especially that part of him laying naked on the floor while LMP pranced above him) !! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY Mike!! LOL!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
wow lol, i miss him!!!!

Can't wait to learn more about this mad Dirty Diana number! The press would have been forced to comment if it had made it into TII.

I do too....and while part of me is absolutely shocked by this (lol!), the EVIL SIDE of me is piqued....and wanted the press to know about this side of him! :rofl:
I know! lol
It really sucks that there are so man who don't take the time to get to know Mike like his fans do. They are SO missing out.

I agreee with you..I guess he knew his own strength..:lmao:

Back