MJJC MEET UP - 'Thrillerween' at MADAME TUSSAUDS 30th Oct 2010.....UPDATED!

So, which Slug?

• o2 Arena

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • St Marys Axe (Nr Liverpool Street)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beccabubbles

Proud Member
thrilerween.png

at

MADAME TUSSAUDS!!!

Here they have a wax model of Michael Jackson and a section called 'Chamber of Horrors' with encludes the optional 'SCREAM' experience within, for those who want to take the the intensity up a notch!

I think you'll agree that makes for a pretty good "Thrillerween" !!!

Of course they have much, much more here too, here is a link to there website so you can see for yourself!
http://www.madametussauds.com/London/Default.aspx

Tickets prices on the day are:

Adult: £28.00
Child: £24.00

BUT

I have a 2 for 1 ticket price offer for all those travelling on national rail.
This halfs the price of the tickets!

TICKET OFFER ONLY VALID ON ADULT TICKETS.
I can print out enough vouchers for everyone who wants them or you can go and get the offer yourself here:
http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/madame-tussauds

Please also use the above link to read the terms and conditions of this offer - they are quite strict!
Here are the VERY improtant and main ones you need to know:

- You must produce your two National Rail train tickets as evidence of travelling by train to London or to the attraction destination - most train tickets display the symbol. National Rail issued tickets include Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Travelcard, Advance, Anytime and Season Tickets.

- If you are travelling on Advance tickets or similar, please ask to keep both inbound and return legs of the tickets, when arriving at your destination station. In cases where electronic ticket barriers are in operation, you should approach a member of the train company staffs who can arrange for you to retain your tickets as proof of travelling by train.
- London Underground issued tickets (including Travelcards) are NOT valid and will not be accepted at any attraction.

- Oyster Cards are NOT accepted (including Travelcard on Oyster).

Just click on claim offer, fill out your info and print the voucher!
Please let me know if you want me to print you a voucher so i have enough on the day.

OR

You can get 10% off if you pre-book your tix on the website here:
http://www.madametussauds.com/London/BuyTickets/Tickets/PriorityAccessTickets/Default.aspx

Madame Tussauds is a two minute walk from Baker Street tube station.
Baker Street underground station is on the Bakerloo, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines, making it a short, easy journey from anywhere on the central London tube network.

PLS SEE PLANED TUBE CLOSURES BEFORE YOU TRAVEL:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

PLAN FOR THE DAY.......... SATURDAY 30TH OCT

We will meet at : http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96143&page=5 SEE POST #70

Then we will head to MADAME TUSSAUDS for 3.30pm.

In the evening we will go to a nice pub to settle for the evening for dinner, drinks and laughs!
(VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED)

Some of us are staying at the London City Road Travelodge, heres the link to their website:
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

As always, any questions or queries, just post here or PM me!

Lets Thrill London like never before and Rock it like only MJJC can!

Hope to see you all there!

Becca

xxx

Last edited:
Re: MJJC at 'THRILLERWEEN' OCT 2010!

Why is everything held in Europe!!!!!

330cr3o.jpg

I'm broke as broke can get so I know I cant go.

Last edited:

Whoop whoop cant wait, need to trawl the charity shops so get inspiration for my zombie character lol!

Why is everythign held in Europe!!!!!

330cr3o.jpg

I'm broke as broke can get so I know I cant go.

And I always wish I had the cash to get over to you!

There are so many fans in the US - Get a few people together and organise one!!!

There are a couple of Thrill the World events in over your way, perhaps you could get together there!
http://www.thrilltheworld.com/events

Hope you can get something together - create a thread in fan gatherings and events!
Let me know if you want any help with it!

Becca

xxx

I'm not one for dressing up in front of lots of people (crippling shyness :( ) but I may look into coming along and see if a certain partner of mine would like to come along :D

Me and Motsey were already thinking of going to this so guess we might see you guys there :)

I'm not one for dressing up in front of lots of people (crippling shyness :( ) but I may look into coming along and see if a certain partner of mine would like to come along :D

You could probably get away with just wearing your Thriller shirt :D and oooooh is Kimmy coming? Would be so cool to see her again, not seen her since snow was still on the ground!

Me and Motsey were already thinking of going to this so guess we might see you guys there :)

You could probably get away with just wearing your Thriller shirt :D and oooooh is Kimmy coming? Would be so cool to see her again, not seen her since snow was still on the ground!

I was thinking of wearing my Thriller tshirt to it actually ;) :D Yeah hopefully she'll be coming if she can get the day off work (and if she agrees obviously :mello: )

Have just been told that this facebook event has been cancelled - but i'm looking in to it now guys- if its true I will arrange something instead- dont panic!
Love Becca xxx

Have just been told that this facebook event has been cancelled - but i'm looking in to it now guys- if its true I will arrange something instead- dont panic!
Love Becca xxx

Sorry i've been away a lot, but just to update you, There will still be a meet up on this date, I am just seeing if i can get something for us in the evening ;)

Will update soon.

All my love,

Becca

xxx

Re: Mjjc 'thrillerween' oct 2010!

I cannot wait to see what you have planned for us Becca! Its going to be amazing!!!!!!!

So the original event was definitely cancelled then? I sort of heard rumours that it was but wasn't sure if it was definite (it's hard to keep up sometimes cos I'm not on facebook or twitter etc).

But definitely looking forward to seeing the new plan for this day and hope we have a good turn out of fans for it :)

I'm finding it difficult to sort sumthing out for this at short notice - but there will be a meet up anyway - i'm trying guys! Watch this space......

xxx

Is this the 30th right? I may try looking into staying at a hotel if not then...I'll only be there for one day :(

thrillerchild;3025919 said:
£110.95 for the night at City Road??? I can't pay that much now I'm afraid :(

We paid £90 for 3 of us. Is there any1 else coming you can bunk in together with and spread the cost of sumwhere a bit cheaper?
xxx

Beccabubbles;3025958 said:
We paid £90 for 3 of us. Is there any1 else coming you can bunk in together with and spread the cost of sumwhere a bit cheaper?
xxx

Sadly no :( Kimmy can't make it because she's already had a good number of weekends off work lately. What are you planning to do on the sunday? If you've got anything planned I may try parking up in Carlton House Terrace (no restrictions on Sundays) just along from Trafalgar Square.

Is this event still starting off in St. James' park? I want to invite another mjjcer along who currently has no internet but not sure what to tell her.

thrilerween.png

DARE YOU THRILL FOR HALOS EVE??!?!??!?!?!!?!?

THIS FACEBOOK EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED BUT I AM TRYING TO ARRANGE ANOTHER EVENT AT SHORT NOTICE FOR US SO WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Some of us are staying at the London City Road Travelodge, heres the link to their website:
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

As always, any questions or queries, just post here or PM me!

Lets Thrill London like never before and Rock it like only MJJC can!

Hope to see you all there!

Becca

xxx

How cute, Happy Thrillerween! Im gonna use that word versus Holloween! cute idea. I Hope you can pull it off! Maybe you can inspire others to do it in other areas. Good luck!

Any more news on this? Would like to try and come..

Back