Monday 19th January 2009 :T-Pain Confirms Three Track Collaboration with Michael Jackson

Call me subjective, but I can't believe how some of you pay attention to the success of T-Pain rather to his music. I mean, am I not hearing the same thing when I listen to his music?

and LMFAO at how people need 100 confirmations about the new album... I am betting some fans will be like - "hey this is not the new album" when they ACTUALLY HEAR the new album... lol... beyond funny.

Rockwell was Jermaine's brother-in-law so it was kind of a family thing. It was Jermaine who got Mike to sing on the record. Anyway Rockwell was unknown, so nobody knew what he sounded like or what his style was.

All the things people remembered about the song was Michael's chorus. :lol:

I never can understand why some of us fans react to things like this without actually thinking about it first. We all know Michael records a whole heck of a lot of tracks and all of them can't be included on a single disc, so obviously cuts will be made.

Lets just wait and see who makes the final cut, then some of you all can cuss away if you still choose.

I never can understand why some of us fans react to things like this without actually thinking about it first. We all know Michael records a whole heck of a lot of tracks and all of them can't be included on a single disc, so obviously cuts will be made.

Lets just wait and see who makes the final cut, then some of you all can cuss away if you still choose.

It's called paranoia and distrust, some fans seriously believe MJ will make all the wrong choices in his next album... Some fans want this album to be such a big success that they'll shoot down anything that is rumoured to be occurring.

I say have a little faith in the man's ability... after all if he managed to make Shaq work well on a track... then I guess he can work wonders with any of the current fad artists :cheeky:

It's called paranoia and distrust, some fans seriously believe MJ will make all the wrong choices in his next album... Some fans want this album to be such a big success that they'll shoot down anything that is rumoured to be occurring.

I say have a little faith in the man's ability... after all if he managed to make Shaq work well on a track... then I guess he can work wonders with any of the current fad artists :cheeky:

no, it is called fact that if michael has ( I KNOW HE MAYBE WON'T blah blah blah:p ) T-Pain, Lil Wayne and alikes on the album, he is a SELLOUT. but i hope he won't.

at least i am not paranoid about whether there will be a new album.

Last edited:
^^lil wayne? since when? :O

anyway, i really don't care about T-pain. but i'll sure give the songs a chance if Michael Jackson will decide to put them on his album.

i don't know why people think they know the best for mike, he did thriller and dangerous without u and you still like it... don't u?:smilerolleyes:

no, it is called fact that if michael has ( I KNOW HE MAYBE WON'T blah blah blah:p ) T-Pain, Lil Wayne and alikes on the album, he is a SELLOUT. but i hope he won't.

at least i am not paranoid about whether there will be a new album.

I think perhaps I will wait until my own album has been certified platinum many times over before I decide that I know more than the King of Pop when it comes to making music and choosing who to put in my music.
Using the tools avaliable in the current market does not make one a sell out.

Oooo, let's not start too much. And the best y'all can do is pray if you don't want T-Pain on the album. I don't know what else to say.

Nothing at all.

I rather have a well quality album. Michael should not feel like he has to work with pop acts to make a great album. His already demonstrated that. So you would much rather have a crap album thats okay because Michael is singing on it? I want a good album and if it takes Michael 4 more years to do that on his OWN then I will wait.

I totally agree with you. :yes:

Hmm...someone has been listening to "Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes" by TLC. :tease:

yea as far as that damn auto-tune hopefully its production lol and 1feature @ most cuz i wud hate to have an album full of tpain .
But dude, T-Pain = Auto-tune :lol:
Also, I understand that Michael is taking the approach of leaving no stone unturned on this new project, but I don't really like the fact that he might be getting involved with so many people.
Sounds like the makings of an OVER-produced album...

^^lil wayne? since when? :O

anyway, i really don't care about T-pain. but i'll sure give the songs a chance if Michael Jackson will decide to put them on his album.

i don't know why people think they know the best for mike, he did thriller and dangerous without u and you still like it... don't u?:smilerolleyes:

i didn't say i would not give it a chance, i just stated my opinion.

for example, Duran Duran did an album with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake... Because they love their sound? Yeah right.

Another example is Maroon 5. I love the band but come on, they did a duet with Rihanna, and collaborated with rappers... I really can't say that it is not selling out.

I just think that Michael doesn't need T-Pain (and please don't go saying "what do you know what Michael needs" , cause for God's sake, I am not attacking Michael personally nor am I saying I am smart enough to be his dictator) . Why doesn't he need him? cause the quality that Michael has and the quality that T-Pain has are two different worlds. Yeah I know that Akon has done a duet with him as well, but that was for Akon's album. If it were T-Pain ft. Michael , I'd say OK(somehow) , but if it was Michael ft. T-Pain, I'd be disappointed. And I don't see why people can't accept that as my opinion, I am not changing it lol.

Last edited:
And I don't see why people can't accept that as my opinion, I am not changing it lol.

i sure accept your opinion and my comment wasn't directly for you.. i just didn't know about Lil wayne thing, never heared about it:mello:the rest was in general.

(and here again, in general)
i don't get why everytime a new name comes with "i did X songs for michael" there are billion pages long threads about "ohh noooo michael please tell me you didn't". i just find it so stupid. it's not a tragedy.. yet lol. people should trust michael more.. as i said he's done the best albums til now, and part of it is all kinds of weird collaborations.

oh and yeah i agree he doesn't NEED them. that's for sure. but i'd say the same whether it's T-Pain or Mozart lol:D

Just because T-Pain has worked on three tracks with MJ doesn't mean they will make the final cut of the album. There were tracks recorded for all of MJ's albums after Thriller with others that never saw the light of day. Plus Michael is doing things on his own terms now, he doesn't have someone breathing down his neck and trying to sabotage things so he won't be putting songs on an album that he doesn't want to be on there. Also just because he has worked on songs with T-Pain doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be bad, he might bring the best out of T-Pain. For example, I remember when we first heard that Akon was working with MJ, there were so many people on here saying 'oh no this is going to suck' and things along those lines but when people heard his version of Wanna Be Startin Something people thought it was actually pretty decent (not better than the original of course but still a good version) and the reaction to Hold My Hand was really positive. So I just think its best not to get worked up over something that we haven't heard or actually may never hear.

Please say it AIN"T so regarding the t-pain collab.:bugeyed
I agree with those who don't like the sound of this collaboration. I mean yes we (well at least I do) have faith in michael. But I guess what im trying to wrap my brain around is that fact that if michael want to just SEE what some collabs will sound like....why in the world would he choose t-pain?:mello::doh: I mean reallllllly what the heck? Such a horrible act. why? I mean music imo is in a bad state right now but there are a few decent artist such as alicia key. If michael is gonna pick someone why not someone with a shred of talent. And then lets just look at michael as an artist and t-pain as an act (cuz im not calling him an artist). I mean on the really real, those two DON'T even began to MESH well together.

Anything is possible and yes there is a chance for them make crazy good timeless music, but those two are in completely different boats and lets just face the fact, that t-pain is not on michael's level:no:. So I just have a hard time understanding why. maybe michael wanted a laugh...I don't know:scratch:. I just don't get why tpain. Also look at mariah carey...can we say ...SELL OUT with those "of the moment" songs that sound nothing like her 90's music. I would hate for michael to do some like that (Im honestly not worried he will, just saying). I mean what can michael and t-pain even sing about, together. come' on now. :smilerolleyes:

Don't get me wrong folks I trust mikey, I'm just baffled by "why" t-pain.
It like ok... say you have a 5 star chef and you tell him to make a delicious chicken sandwich but only choose 3 items (in a fully stocked kitchen) to go in your sandwich. And for a trial run, just to see what it would be like, he calls on Musturd, jelly, and bananas:doh:?
YESsss, he's a 5 start chef but wouldn't yall be like WHAT the HECK? I know I would.:hysterical:

Please say it AIN"T so regarding the t-pain collab.:bugeyed
I agree with those who don't like the sound of this collaboration. I mean yes we (well at least I do) have faith in michael. But I guess what im trying to wrap my brain around is that fact that if michael want to just SEE what some collabs will sound like....why in the world would he choose t-pain?:mello::doh: I mean reallllllly what the heck? Such a horrible act. why? I mean music imo is in a bad state right now but there are a few decent artist such as alicia key. If michael is gonna pick someone why not someone with a shred of talent. And then lets just look at michael as an artist and t-pain as an act (cuz im not calling him an artist). I mean on the really real, those two DON'T even began to MESH well together.

Anything is possible and yes there is a chance for them make crazy good timeless music, but those two are in completely different boats and lets just face the fact, that t-pain is not on michael's level:no:. So I just have a hard time understanding why. maybe michael wanted a laugh...I don't know:scratch:. I just don't get why tpain. Also look at mariah carey...can we say ...SELL OUT with those "of the moment" songs that sound nothing like her 90's music. I would hate for michael to do some like that (Im honestly not worried he will, just saying). I mean what can michael and t-pain even sing about, together. come' on now. :smilerolleyes:

Don't get me wrong folks I trust mikey, I'm just baffled by "why" t-pain.
It like ok... say you have a 5 star chef and you tell him to make a delicious chicken sandwich but only choose 3 items (in a fully stocked kitchen) to go in your sandwich. And for a trial run, just to see what it would be like, he calls on Musturd, jelly, and bananas:doh:?
YESsss, he's a 5 start chef but wouldn't yall be like WHAT the HECK? I know I would.:hysterical:

thank you. :clapping:

I understand the T-Pain dislike. But what is the difference between him and, say, artists who do the rap hooks on songs like "She Drives Me Wild", "Invincible" and "Heartbreaker"? What if he just used T-Pain instead of a no-name?
i think we need to marinate on the above for a bit before the prejudging and panicking..

.. though in saying that, i just realised i really didn't like those drops at all, lol.

:fortuneteller:Michael WILL collaborate with whomever the fukk he wants to. Don't like it=tough shit.:tease:

:fortuneteller:Michael WILL collaborate with whomever the fukk he wants to. Don't like it=tough shit.:tease:

my favourite person on the board!

if you don't like don't listen to it, but let's be honest you will.....and probs love it.

I don't know why everytime a collaboration or a songwriter turns up everyone goes mental.
Lets say Michael gets 50-100 songs sent to him, and 5-10 he actually think is worth recording and put any affort to.Then he adds his own 50-100 songs and maybe records 10-15 of them. Maybe he has 25-35 songs he really finished. Then boil it down to 15. So everyone he´s collaborating with, records with (but not finish the tracks totaly), song he get, it's not that much left when the album is released. Don't worry. If Michael release something, it's his direction and choice so if you don't like it well, thats nothing we can do about it.

Back