MONSTER - The Official Discussion Thread

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

I'm quite surprised this thread doesn't have a billion replies by now...Were going to see video footage of him in the studio singing Monster...This could really change things!

It's amusing how some people on this forum act like they know every single thing about Michael. What he would say and do and react like in any given situation.

People do it all the time. "Oh, what would Michael think?", "Michael would not have approved of this!", "Michael would be ashamed of you!", "Michael would want these songs released for his fans.", "Michael doesn't pronounce words like that!", "Michael would never do something like that", Michael this, Michael that. All fans (as far as I know) tend to do that all the time.

I've never heard a Michael Jackson song that sounded 0% like Michael Jackson.

And I will never believe that Michael Jackson would record anything as ridiculous as 'Mama say mama got you in a zig zag'. From the genius artist that gave us that roaring Cameroonian chant in Wanna Be Startin Somethin, "Mama-say mama-sah ma-ma-coo-sah", to descend to singing 'Mama say mama got you in a zig zag'?

If you want to believe that? Good for you. I'll choose to believe that Michael Jackson would never, in a million years, record anything as ridiculous as that.

LOL

Again with the "michael wouldn't do that" nonsense.

He sang, "You're a vegetable. And they eat off of you."

Was that not ridiculous??

He sang all of speed demon..."Pull over boy and get your ticket right." lol

"Speed Demon...speedin' on the freeway, gotta get a leeway."

LOL

That is hilariously silly!!!

How about "Shamon." If that had been on this album for the first time people would have freaked out saying how silly it is and that MJ wouldn't have done it.

Oh, and my favorite ever: "The doggone girl is mine."

Seriously!!?? People mocked that line when the song came out as being so silly. McCartney even questioned it. Yet, there it is....

"Zig Zag" either means going back and forth trying to escape or going out of one's mind in zig zag fashion.

Or, it could be a reference to "Zig Zag" cigarette papers, which are used to roll maijuana joints.

But again, people, stop pretending to know what Michael would or would not sing. I'm sure all of you were SHOCKED to even find out he drank alcohol.

I'm quite surprised this thread doesn't have a billion replies by now...Were going to see video footage of him in the studio singing Monster...This could really change things!

I think even if people saw it they would still think it wasn't Michael on the song.

Yes, but i think alot of people DO realize this can work both ways. I've said it several times...but unless they have real audio from that studio recording (they are gonna have to let the song fade for a few seconds or pause it in the video), it won't mean a damn thing. But i seriously doubt any of this. And just like many reports lately...it's all unconfirmed and complete hearsay.

I don't wanna read all these 13 pages. Can someone tell me if it's confirmed that footage of Michael in the studio singing the song will be included in the video or is it just a rumor?

Hypothetically let's say it is MJ on these three songs. Don't you think that this would open the doors in the future to hire an extremely good impersonator, process his voice and make it as unrecognizable as what we have right now and claim aftre that that it is Michael singing."

By this, I am defending Michael and respecting his work!

Oh lordy!!

Conspiracy theories are funny when they lack substance. There is no impersonator who could sing those songs like MJ has.

I don't wanna read all these 13 pages. Can someone tell me if it's confirmed that footage of Michael in the studio singing the song will be included in the video or is it just a rumor?

Not confirmed by anyone.

It was, in a way, confirmed by smooth_criminal05's source though, if you wanna go with that.

LOL

Again with the "michael wouldn't do that" nonsense.

He sang, "You're a vegetable. And they eat off of you."

Was that not ridiculous??

He sang all of speed demon..."Pull over boy and get your ticket right." lol

"Speed Demon...speedin' on the freeway, gotta get a leeway."

LOL

That is hilariously silly!!!

How about "Shamon." If that had been on this album for the first time people would have freaked out saying how silly it is and that MJ wouldn't have done it.

Oh, and my favorite ever: "The doggone girl is mine."

Seriously!!?? People mocked that line when the song came out as being so silly. McCartney even questioned it. Yet, there it is....

"Zig Zag" either means going back and forth trying to escape or going out of one's mind in zig zag fashion.

Or, it could be a reference to "Zig Zag" cigarette papers, which are used to roll maijuana joints.

But again, people, stop pretending to know what Michael would or would not sing. I'm sure all of you were SHOCKED to even find out he drank alcohol.

"You're a vegetable" is anything but ridiculous. It's a shocking thing to say. He's not talking about celery and cabbages!

http://dictionary.reference.com/slang/vegetable

A black man singing about a white policeman saying 'pull over 'boy'' is anything but ridiculous. It's a shocking indictment of racism.

'Doggone girl' has been used in a million and one soul/funk records. The genre Michael was operating in for most of his life.

'Mama say mama got you in a zig zag' is pathetic.

MJJuniorSinceMW;3137338 said:
Sorry Andrè89, but i've to ask You:

Are you really sane? (And i'm just asking!)

You know what? I'm not gonna have this discussion with you.

If you cannot come up with any good arguments for your pont of view without sinking to that level, then there's really no point to it at all.

It's truly disgusting what's happened to the fan base.

I'm out.

I love Monster I would love to see it.

Wouldn't it be amazing I they released a Best of Joy with a whole one take video of Michael singing it, that would be the best, seeing the master at work.

I think even if people saw it they would still think it wasn't Michael on the song.

Yes, but i think alot of people DO realize this can work both ways. I've said it several times...but unless they have real audio from that studio recording (they are gonna have to let the song fade for a few seconds or pause it in the video), it won't mean a damn thing. But i seriously doubt any of this. And just like many reports lately...it's all unconfirmed and complete hearsay.

Well, if they actually show his face singing the words from Monster, then I really don't see how anyone could think it's not him, even if they just have the album version of it on the video..

Also I believe Smooth did say it would be the next single so..

Seriously if I see Michael singing Monster I am buying the album

It was, in a way, confirmed by smooth_criminal05's source though, if you wanna go with that.

The same source who originally said that about 50% of the vocals on the songs werent Michael?

No, we're not gonna go with that...

The thread title shoud be changed to "might include".

The same source who originally said that about 50% of the vocals on the songs werent Michael?

Well, if there is a video of him singing Monster...then I thought every single person who honestly believes that it's not Michael would be ex tactic. Now I don't know if I can say 100% guaranteed it's going to have footage that will help ease everyone's mind, but I think that it should that the possibility should be embraced..It's a really great song, and I am glad that Michael was apart of it..

Even if the video did include MJ in the studio recording the track, people will brush it off with all the rest. They will find some loophole to hide behind. Those who believe it to not be Michael on the Cascio tracks will ALWAYS refuse any evidence presented to them. Forensic evidence? So what! What do they know, right? Musicologist? Pfff! Yeah right! As if they know anything! Seriously folks, brace yourselves... No amount of logic or science will convince them. They've done to the Cascio tracks as the media did to MJ - they have vilified them and now want nothing to do with them. Even though the songs are really good, it doesn't matter because they've made up their minds and just like the media with MJ, will never give them a chance. It's sad, but true. As I've said before, even if it turned out MJ wasn't singing these songs, they are still very good and songs that I would have wanted him to sing. It's funny to me that anyone would make fun of these tracks or call them garbage since they are very clearly tracks MJ would record (again, if they really were fakes).

Even if the video did include MJ in the studio recording the track, people will brush it off with all the rest. Those who believe it to not be Michael on the Cascio tracks will ALWAYS refuse any evidence presented to them. Forensic evidence? Who cares? What do they know, right? Musicologist? Pfff! Yeah right! As if they know anything! Seriously folks, brace yourselves. No amount of logic or science will convince them. They've done to the Cascio tracks as the media did to MJ - they have vilified them and now want nothing to do with them. Even though the songs are really good, it doesn't matter because they've made up their minds and just like the media with MJ, will never give them a chance. It's sad, but true. As I've said before, even if it turned out MJ wasn't singing these songs, they are still very good and very MJish. It's funny to me that anyone would make fun of them or call them garbage since they are very clearly tracks MJ would record.

I disagree, if there is footage of Michael blatantly singing the song, then I really cannot comprehend how someone would go "That's not him singing"...There would be a few stragglers who are too stubborn or proud to admit it that it's him, but in general it would really clear things up if they do in fact have the studio footage..I also agree 100%, they are GREAT tracks, every one of them, and they do sound very Michaelish to me.

Those who believe it to not be Michael on the Cascio tracks will ALWAYS refuse any evidence presented to them.

On the contrary, I will WELCOME any type of evidence....

Even if the video did include MJ in the studio recording the track, people will brush it off with all the rest. They will find some loophole to hide behind. Those who believe it to not be Michael on the Cascio tracks will ALWAYS refuse any evidence presented to them. Forensic evidence? So what! What do they know, right? Musicologist? Pfff! Yeah right! As if they know anything! Seriously folks, brace yourselves... No amount of logic or science will convince them. They've done to the Cascio tracks as the media did to MJ - they have vilified them and now want nothing to do with them. Even though the songs are really good, it doesn't matter because they've made up their minds and just like the media with MJ, will never give them a chance. It's sad, but true.

Very well said! So TRUE.

Even if the video did include MJ in the studio recording the track, people will brush it off with all the rest. They will find some loophole to hide behind. Those who believe it to not be Michael on the Cascio tracks will ALWAYS refuse any evidence presented to them. Forensic evidence? So what! What do they know, right? Musicologist? Pfff! Yeah right! As if they know anything! Seriously folks, brace yourselves... No amount of logic or science will convince them. They've done to the Cascio tracks as the media did to MJ - they have vilified them and now want nothing to do with them. Even though the songs are really good, it doesn't matter because they've made up their minds and just like the media with MJ, will never give them a chance. It's sad, but true. As I've said before, even if it turned out MJ wasn't singing these songs, they are still very good and songs that I would have wanted him to sing. It's funny to me that anyone would make fun of these tracks or call them garbage since they are very clearly tracks MJ would record (again, if they really were fakes).

I can only speak for myself, but i'm seriously hoping to be proven wrong.

Please take me very seriously when I say this. I'm sick of this whole thing, I want it to be proven either way. If it is proven that its Michael on these songs then I will just be happy to put it all behind me. Then I can enjoy Monster and others while knowing its Michael. At the moment, I dont enjoy them in that way...I just like the beat.

You mention us brushing of 'forensic evidence and musicologists', but the only reason we have brushed them off is because we havent been offered any proof.......its all just talk. I could say I gave birth to a carrot, without evidence. Does that mean everyone has to believe me?

I disagree, if there is footage of Michael blatantly singing the song, then I really cannot comprehend how someone would go "That's not him singing"...There would be a few stragglers who are too stubborn or proud to admit it that it's him, but in general it would really clear things up if they do in fact have the studio footage..

With all due respect, you are KIDDING yourself, if you believe they will change their minds.

With all due respect, you are KIDDING yourself, if you believe they will change their minds.

I didn't say all of them would change their minds..but a lot would. Your telling me that if they SEE Michael singing the lyrics of Monster, that they would say "Nah it's not him" still? :doh: Please! People aren't that crazy, you gotta stop thinking that people are not going to accept blatant and obvious evidence it's him.

I didn't say all of them would change their minds..but a lot would. Your telling me that if they SEE Michael singing the lyrics of Monster, that they would say "Nah it's not him" still? :doh: Please! People aren't that crazy, you gotta stop thinking that people are not going to accept blatant and obvious evidence it's him.

There will be a small minority that would still claim the vocals were fake even if presented with real video proof.

I think I can safely say that the majority of us who dont believe it is MJ would accept it though.

There will be a small minority that would still claim the vocals were fake even if presented with real video proof.

I think I can safely say that the majority of us who dont believe it is MJ would accept it though.

Yeah there will always be a small minority. I'd be glad to see video of Michael. I would change my mind DEFINITELY.

Listen, I am not trying to be negative. I am just telling the truth as I see it and I've had a lot of experience in life and this forum in general as far as behavior goes. More than not, will brush it off and say "They used the Cascio/Malachi recording over MJ's vocals blah blah blah. Wait and see, if there is indeed video footage, they will still say it's not him. Mark my words. It's great some are willing to accept evidence, but the rest are just waiting to dismiss it. They really don't care what it is to begin with. Their minds are made up.

That's exactly what I'm saying! Just go back and reread their posts, they already know what their response will be like......it's a look alike, they use the song, but that doesn't mean it's him still, etc. etc. etc.. And no, they won't accept it, look at the mess right now, and there is no evidence whatsoever, oh I take that back, their EARS is their evidence, lol!

Yes exactly would I mean :yes: There will always be some who will refuse to believe it's him no matter what evidence is shown, but I am hoping very much that footage will be used for the video and it will truly bring things back to normal..

That's exactly what I'm saying! Just go back and reread their posts, they already know what their response will be like......it's a look alike, they use the song, but that doesn't mean it's him still, etc. etc. etc.. And no, they won't accept it, look at the mess right now, and there is no evidence whatsoever, oh I take that back, their EARS is their evidence, lol!

I think those who will deny it's him will be more than open to any evidence than might be believed...A video is pretty concrete evidence, if they show Michael's face then there really isn't any way to say it's not him....Yeah I guess there will always be some who never will, but I think that in time they would probably realize it is him..At least I hope so... :)

Last edited:
Back