Musician Quotes

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Most artists have contracts directly with the record company, and when they do music, all of their music is owned by the record company. But I did mine through a production company. ~ Roy Ayers

Artists don't always know. Almost every song I ever recorded that was a hit at the majors that the promotional people picked I didn't think it would be a hit. I was wrong every time! ~ Roy Ayers

My whole career from the early 70s on has been mind-blowing. I didn't imagine in my life that I would ever be considered a guitar player first of all because I started off as a singer. ~ George Benson

I think repeating yourself is a sign of old age, telling the same joke again and again. Especially if they're jokes that don't make people laugh. ~ Simon Le Bon

Somebody said to me this morning, 'To what do you attribute your longevity?' I don't know. I mean, I couldn't have planned my life out better. By all accounts I should be dead! The abuse I put my body through: the drugs, the alcohol, the lifestyle I've lived the last 30 years! ~ Ozzy Osbourne

A legend is an old man with a cane known for what he used to do. I'm still doing it. ~ Miles Davis

Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. ~ Frank Zappa

We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so. ~ B. B. King

Everything government touches turns to crap. ~ Ringo Starr

The industry is a menace to artists. ~ Nikki Sixx

But again, it's the record company. If they don't want to promote a song, they don't make the effort to cross it over into other markets, and the fans don't get to know it. It's the same with my albums. ~ Prince

I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend.
Freddie Mercury.

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear. :D
Freddie Mercury.

When I'm on stage, I'm trying to do one thing: bring people joy. Just like church does. People don't go to church to find trouble, they go there to lose it.
James Brown.

Michael Jackson has a very good heart. He was crying when he was giving me the award, 'cause his mind went back over the early days.
James Brown :wub:

John Lennon - ''Elvis Presley is my idol and Chuck Berry is my teacher''

It's terrible to get those comments, ... but at the same time, I am not 17 anymore. I have put in my time, and if you want to hear hard-core hip hop or rhyming, go back to the earlier albums. I can't pretend that I am in the same place I was when I was 17, 18 years old. ~ Andre 3000

Sometimes, I feel I am really blessed to be blind because I probably would not last a minute if I were able to see things. ~ Stevie Wonder

It's easy to be independent when you've got money. But to be independent when you haven't got a thing - that's the Lord's test. ~ Mahalia Jackson

Always surround yourself with people who are better than you. If you're hanging around bad people, they're going to start bringing you down . . . But, if you surround yourself with good people, they're going to be pulling you up. ~ Donny Osmond

When I first became famous, I didn't know if I could go where I wanted to because I didn't know how people were going to act. Some folks would scream and holler, and I didn't know what to do with that. ~ Jill Scott

I think that's the problem in a lot of music. We've got these record labels. ~ Teena Marie

When I got into music, I didn't draw lines ... I was listening to all kinds of music at the same time. It wasn't a situation where I had all these categories. To understand all that about me is to know that, for me, it didn't represent a move from one thing to another. It was just one woman with many dialects. I like jazz, grew up on it. I still think it's American classical music. ~ Patrice Rushen

On stage I make love to twenty-five thousand people; then I go home alone.
- Janis Joplin

Don't play what's there, play what's not there.
- Miles Davis

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work."
Michael J. Jackson
"Self-expression is my goal, I want to be real with my feelings. Singing and dancing-and all the joy that goes with performing- come from my heart. If I can`t feel it, I won`t do it"
Janet Jackson.
"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
Elvis Presley.
"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it."
John Lennon

Last edited:
I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend.
Freddie Mercury.

I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear. :D
Freddie Mercury.

hahahha I came here just to write the second one!!!

"It was the first time she'd seen us in four years. Before the doors opened, I went round looking at the V.I.P. section, and I saw that Madonna had the best table in the house and my mum's table was way in the back. I thought, 'I'm not having this,' so I swapped the signs on the tables around. So, Madonna was at the back, and my mum had the best table in the house, between U2 and R.E.M. And that's exactly how it should be."
- Ed O'brian (Radiohead)

"I am not handsome, but when women hear me play, they come crawling to my feet."
- Niccoló Paganini

"Music is a very hard instrument."
- Vido Musso

"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none"
- Miles Davis

"I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.”
- Paul McCartney

A journalist said to John Lennon
"Ringo isn't exactly the best drummer in the world is he"?
John replied
"He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles"

Off all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most
- Ozzy Ozbourne

Some of my favorites:

"You ain't seen nothin' yet... and the best is yet to come..." ~ Michael Jackson, The King of Pop

"I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed... and I embarrass easily." ~ Michael Jackson

"Conquer the devils with a little thing called love." ~ Bob Marley, The King of Reggae

"My feet is my only carriage, so I've got to push on through..." ~ Bob Marley

"During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams." ~ Tupac Shakur, The King of Rap

"I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward." ~ Tupac Shakur

Brilliant! :D

"I think that passion and love and pain are all bearable, and they go to make love beautiful." - Robert Plant

I think he's just a waste, he's an idiot, he's a toolbox. ~ P!nk on Kanye West

578ca060.jpg

“Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” -Jim Morrison

Elton just needs to shut his mouth and get on with his own life. Look, if people choose to believe that I'm sitting here in my ivory tower, Howard Hughesing myself with long fingernails and loads of drugs, then I can't do anything about that, can I? ~ George Michael on Elton John

For whoever is claiming that they are bringing sexy back, sexy never left! ~ Prince on Justin Timberlake

“Here I am. I’m coming on. Musically, I have it. You want it. And I’m giving it to you.” - Janet

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck." - Amy Winehouse

start_quote_rb.gif
When words leave off, music begins.
end_quote_rb.gif
Tchaikovsky

I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked. -Jimmi Hendrix

start_quote_rb.gif
One of the perks of being an unemployed musician is that you get to play much less bad music.
end_quote_rb.gif

Jack Daney

^ While we're on it, let's dig up the worst shots of Mike.

^ While we're on it, let's dig up the worst shots of Mike.

Don't spoil my fun.:rolleyes: Mike has plenty of good shots, unlike Amy. Speaking of the hell-spawn, here's a quote from her:
I only write about stuff that’s happened to me ... stuff I can’t get past personally. Luckily, I'm quite self-destructive.

Assuming there was anything to destroy in the first place, "luckily" you can see just how "self-destructive" here:
82eabc97.jpg

Amy Winehouse's work is phenomenal. Don't really give a toss about her private life, just like I didn't care about Mike's, nor his bloody children.

Not my business. Nor any other fan's, for that matter.

I want to rape gossip 'til it bleeds.

start_quote_rb.gif
Jazz is the only music in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time.
end_quote_rb.gif

Ornette Coleman

Apparently, there's this whole set of disgruntled people but obviously it's not my intention to offend anyone by changing the style of music that I've done.
-Jonny Lang

Last edited by a moderator:
You, arXter, afraid to offend the masses?:D

Ha, I can't stand drama and we've already had drama the last week from the easily offended and those who don't understand the notion that others may have a different, more sceptical, view.

"My hero's are the one's who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recoverd from them"-Bono.

"We take it for granted we know the whole story - We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines"-Axl Rose

"I've always felt that sexuality is a really slippery thing. In this day in age, it tends to get categorized and labelled and I think labels are for food-canned food" - Michael Stipe

Amy Winehouse's work is phenomenal. Don't really give a toss about her private life, just like I didn't care about Mike's, nor his bloody children.

Not my business. Nor any other fan's, for that matter.

I want to rape gossip 'til it bleeds.

I dunno why fans do that but then wanna protest against the same thing when it comes to Michael that they do among other celebs, hyprocrites.

"Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity".
Sammy Davis, Jr.

Back