My Sadness at Returning To Neverland

I find this disgusting. Both at Neverland and Forest Lawn. FL have been great to the fans, but it's no wonder they are putting more strict security rules in place when things like this happen. If there is a money collection, it should be for Forest Lawn as well. Just to show them there are many fans out there who don't agree with this.

And yeah I suppose Neverland has become a place for tourists as well. If you want to leave something in writing, put it on paper and ad a frame around it before leaving it there. Don't write on the walls and doors of Neverland.

It's just all disrespectfull to Michael and his family.

moonstreet - I can't believe the replys you got on the other forum! Shocking!

I know.. sigh... unfortunatly Ive been dealing with all that and alot worse for months and months on that forum....

actully Im not surprised that it made it to TMZ. I posted about this on the forum at michaeljackson.com and a few hours later it appears on TMZ.... hmmm, looks like TMZ keep tabs on the forum at mj.com!!

Oh no, they can't take away the brown gates.... :cry: Why would people do this....

the problem is now that there is so much writing at Neverland, not just on the walls but on the brown gates, the barriers in front of the gates, the security intercom, carved into the trees, on the glass panals of the lights, on every curbstone that at the moment its too difficult to stop people adding to it. The "fans" started it and now everyone who goes there just thinks its ok and add more. The only solution is for the people at Neverland to completly clean the walls, by power hosing and sand blasting. When I was talking to the security, he implied that this may happen.

The sad thing is though, that soo many fans dont agree that the writings on the walls are wrong. They see it as a way for fans to express their grief.

The security have tried to stop the writings but it continues as people think its ok, as there is soo much.

Oh no, this sounds really bad, but it need to be stop at once or else the entire wall will destroyed. It would be great if they could clean up the wall like you said and then put a sign to avoid people writing on it.

JMie said:
I think it's just common sense. they don't write on the walls of their own apartment or house. why do they think it's okay to write on the walls of other people's house? I am not even talking about a cemetery. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Yes, but sadly not everyone is smart enought to think so. They think it's ok since someone wrote on it did it.

moonstreet - I can't believe the replys you got on the other forum! Shocking!

I can't go near that forum, its full of people who just want to fight and act like they're the "biggest" Michael fans :(

Does anyone know if you can enter Neverland, behind the gates or inside the house? I ask because someone asked me on another board and i didn't know what to answer.

can anyone get in?

This is just awful! I just wish I could even afford to go to Neverland or FL :( Now it looks like I won't get a chance to get anywhere close to the gates? Bang goes another dream :(

I can't go near that forum, its full of people who just want to fight and act like they're the "biggest" Michael fans :(

Every fan site has those sort of fans though but a lot appear to be there.

Does anyone know if you can enter Neverland, behind the gates or inside the house? I ask because someone asked me on another board and i didn't know what to answer.

can anyone get in?

no, no one can enter the property of Neverland. Even when Michael was living there, the property was not open to the public. The only way people were allowed into Neverland was by personal invitation from Michael.

Some background info
Neverland is located in a rural area, 5 miles from the nearest village, Los Olivos, up a narrow Mountain road.

This is the view of the main gate, the only part of the property that has ever been accesable to the public
441.jpg

You can see how beautiful the place is. Those brown gates are the only gates that the public can see. The famous "golden gates" were never visable from the main entrance. Neverland is a huge property, not just the fairground and zoo etc, that everyone associates with the name Neverland. The main house and all the famous parts of Neverland are about 1 and a half miles from the main entrance hidden behind hills and trees.

This is very sad :( The gates are beautiful and it's devastating to think that they could have to be replaced and then fans kept away from the area. It ruins a special place that Michael created. :(

What is Graceland like? Are they allowed to do that there?

Sad :(

And that forum is scary!

no, no one can enter the property of Neverland. Even when Michael was living there, the property was not open to the public. The only way people were allowed into Neverland was by personal invitation from Michael.
But Neverland still belongs to Michael and the Jackson family, isn't it?or someone else owns it?

But Neverland still belongs to Michael and the Jackson family, isn't it?or someone else owns it?
The property is co-owned by the Michael Jackson Estate and Santa Monica-based Colony Capitol, LCC, a private-equity firm that partnered with Jackson in 2008.(quote from an article posted in the News section)

It doesn't belong to the Jackson family and never did.

It sounds like the security guards need to be more present. Are there enough? I don't think most people would do it in front of a security guard.

It sounds like the security guards need to be more present. Are there enough? I don't think most people would do it in front of a security guard.

You are right, last year, there was a guard standing at the gate the whole time, and the walls were clear. This year was different.There are about 2 or 3 security all the time at the hut at the front gate. They dont stand on guard at the gate the whole time. I got the feeling from being there on 2 different days, that some of them dont care, that its just a job to them, they dont get the magic of Neverland or how special the place is. As long as no one trespasses or something like that, they they are not bothered by whats going on. The secuiity guard I spoke didnt seem like that though. He seemed just as angry as I was but I got the feeling that he cant really do much, as by now its kinda out of control. The whole place needs to be cleaned, all of the writing sandblasted off, and new rules put in place.

I saw this all over the news this morning and its so sad to hear what's going on. Writing on the walls of Neverland and Forest Lawn, its so disrespectful. There are plenty of tribute books that get sent to the family people can write in, its so disrespectful to sign the walls of a cemetry. I know people want to express their feelings but there has a line that has been crossed.

I spent a week pretty much going up and down to Neverland and to Forest lawn. It began beautiful. Yet what I saw all over that beautiful property made me sick and angry as well. Not only was every brick written on. Flowers were being cut. ( People) who call themselves fan go and run amuck on property that isn't theirs, writing and defacing the walls, gate you name it.

A Netherlands woman and her granddaughter joined in writing on the wall. I yelled hey...stop! Scared the woman half out her wits. Didn't mean to, but I said no don't write on the walls. Her reply, "everyone else did it, so why can't we." This isn't right. I told her to do as she wanted on my poster. It was paper. but not on the walls. ( this was before June 25th)

Now Forest Lawn My blog expresses it best. MJ Blog

Actually the writings are where the stain glass windows. They hid the messages behind bushes and below. So they thought anyway. Now they want to paint over them. Can you believe this?

I'm very disturbed at the thought of people defacing Forest Lawn and Michael's Masoleum like this. Neverland as well, these are two sacred places, that shouldn't be disrupted the way they are, what's the big deal with pulling out a piece of paper and taping it to the wall?

A Netherlands woman and her granddaughter joined in writing on the wall. I yelled hey...stop! Scared the woman half out her wits. Didn't mean to, but I said no don't write on the walls. Her reply, "everyone else did it, so why can't we." This isn't right. I told her to do as she wanted on my poster. It was paper. but not on the walls. ( this was before June 25th)

That is very good of you. Are there any posters around the place? Are there normally security guarding the place? Would it be possible to write a big sign and stick it on the wall asking the tourist to stop writing on the wall...etc.

I wish I live nearby so I could help you. I'm planning to visit FL next year.

Despicable,

To think how much Neverland means to us the fans and Michael, to do this to that I simply can not comprehend let alone Forest Lawn where others lie in rest WTF

Those who are doing this you should be ashamed of your selves.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Back