Neverland will NOT be auctioned "Neverland and MJ are fine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSCM

Proud Member
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=8010965

Michael Jackson lawyer says deal is struck to save Neverland Ranch from auction

Associated Press - March 13, 2008 12:13 PM ET

Michael Jackson has refinanced Neverland ranch in time to save it from a public auction that was scheduled for later this month.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press on Thursday that the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group, LLC. The deal allows him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos.

"Neverland and MJ are fine," McMillan said.

An auction date had been set for March 19 because of $24.5 million the singer owed on the 2,500-acre spread northwest of Santa Barbara.

A source close to the singer who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter said it's not clear whether Jackson will keep Neverland. Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005.

Last edited:
Thanks TSCM. There was no need for RF to interfere in a private matter and made it international news. It was all so unnecessary, it was nobody's business.

That's good to know. Now let's see how many media will report on this development... If only it wasn't made public in the first place, MJ wouldn't have to go through all this embarrassment!

Last edited:
Thanks TSCM. There was no need for RF to interfere in a private matter and made it international news. It was all so unnecessary, it was nobody's business.

:yes: :yes: well said Dats, RF is a revolting fat pig who makes it his business to stalk a wonderful man and his kids and it is shameful he is legally paid to do it! Thanks so much TSCM for posting this wonderful article, major congrats to Mike and Londell for being classy about this :flowers:

Thank God!!!
I had been praying day and night that Michael will retain ownership of this beautiful place that is so much more than just a piece of land...it has been such an inspiration to us...bringing smiles and joy to so many...I wish it had brought only brought bliss and joy to Michael also who has given so much to the world in so many ways...

I pray that Michael will be able to take the best decision about Neverland...I'd so love to see him keep it!

Wow! TSCM! Thankyou so much for the great news!

Praise the Lord:)!!!

that's good i got my hopes and dreams to see neverland and to met MJ

thank you god for watching over neverland and keep it saft thanks god

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am glad to hear that :). Thank you for the information TSCM :).Whatever the media will make of this I am not going to read it.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=8010965

Michael Jackson lawyer says deal is struck to save Neverland Ranch from auction

Associated Press - March 13, 2008 12:13 PM ET

Michael Jackson has refinanced Neverland ranch in time to save it from a public auction that was scheduled for later this month.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press on Thursday that the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group, LLC. The deal allows him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos.

An auction date had been set for March 19 because of $24.5 million the singer owed on the 2,500-acre spread northwest of Santa Barbara.

A source close to the singer who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter said it's not clear whether Jackson will keep Neverland. Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005.

THANKS FOR THIS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!:clap::woohoo:
veryhappy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htnP4tMEL8

Last edited:
:dance: :drums::drinks::girl_happy::happy_dance:

Yeah, I'mma smiley lover, what can I say? :lol:

Thanks for the news, TSCM. :flowers:

I am so confused now cause apparently on wed it's supposed to be being auctioned, as I saw on Richard and Judy (TV show UK) I don't know what to believe!

I am so confused now cause apparently on wed it's supposed to be being auctioned, as I saw on Richard and Judy (TV show UK) I don't know what to believe!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313...ael_jackson;_ylt=AuK1BrpEm0UiHVe9b0hWNXxxFb8C

Jackson Lawyer: Neverland Ranch saved By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer
1 hour, 1 minute ago

Michael Jackson has refinanced Neverland ranch in time to save his famed California spread from a public auction that was scheduled for later this month.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press on Thursday that the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group, LLC. The deal allows him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos, Calif.

I just saw them on Richard and Judy too, they seemed nice guys. So glad if this is true because it really seemed real when they were talking about it.

They also brought up the 02 shows, i was screaming at the telly saying he's not doing it anymore

Given the choice of believing Michael Jackson's lawyer-in-chief, Londell McMillan, or two alleged fans who have done nothing but speak to the tabloids about buying the property, I think you'd have better odds believing the lawyer and Associated Press that it will not be auctioned ;).

Last edited:
Given the choice of believing Michael Jackson's lawyer-in-chief, Londell McMillan, or two alleged fans who have done nothing but speak to the tabloids about buying the property, I think you'd have better odds believing the lawyer and Associated Press that it will not be auctioned ;).

Thank you for saying that, I hope people have enough common sense to get what you are saying :flowers:

Michael Jackson Will Keep Neverland Ranch

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/la-et-ap-neverland13mar13,1,7500110.story
The pop star's lawyer says deal struck to stop Neverland auctionFrom the Associated Press
March 13, 2008

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. (AP) -- Michael Jackson reached an 11th-hour deal to refinance his troubled Neverland Ranch, his lawyer said Thursday, avoiding a public auction of the property that had been scheduled next week.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group LLC allowing him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos, Calif.

A representative for Fortress did not immediately return a call for comment.

The property was scheduled to be auctioned March 19 after Jackson went into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the 2,500-acre spread in the rolling hills of central California's wine country.

A representative of Financial Title Co. of San Francisco, which filed the default notice, did not immediately return a call for comment.

A source close to Jackson, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said it's not clear whether the entertainer will keep Neverland.

Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005, and residents of Los Olivos, the small town that gained attention in the movie "Sideways," say rumors of its imminent sale have been rampant for months.

Among those rumored to be interested in the property are soccer star David Beckham, said Kim Morrison, one of the administrators of a private school located across the road from Neverland.

"It would be nice to have Beckham there," said Morrison, although she quickly added that Jackson "was always a good neighbor."

Jackson bought the property years ago from a local cattle rancher and turned it into his personal playground, naming it after the mythical land of Peter Pan where boys never grow up. The singer, who was a star before he reached his teens, has said it was an effort to recreate the childhood he was denied.

He installed a zoo stocked with exotic animals and more than a dozen amusement park rides, including a merry-go-round and a train to rival Disneyland's.

During the ranch's heyday in the late 1980s and 1990s, Jackson would frequently bring ill or disadvantaged children by the busload to the ranch to enjoy it with him.

Since he left in 2005 the exotic animals have been removed and the ranch is said to have fallen into disrepair.

"No one is living here," a security guard at the front gate said this week

Last edited:
Michael Jackson Will Keep Neverland Ranch

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/la-et-ap-neverland13mar13,1,7500110.story
The pop star's lawyer says deal struck to stop Neverland auctionFrom the Associated Press
March 13, 2008

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. (AP) -- Michael Jackson reached an 11th-hour deal to refinance his troubled Neverland Ranch, his lawyer said Thursday, avoiding a public auction of the property that had been scheduled next week.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group LLC allowing him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos, Calif.

A representative for Fortress did not immediately return a call for comment.

The property was scheduled to be auctioned March 19 after Jackson went into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the 2,500-acre spread in the rolling hills of central California's wine country.

A representative of Financial Title Co. of San Francisco, which filed the default notice, did not immediately return a call for comment.

A source close to Jackson, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said it's not clear whether the entertainer will keep Neverland.

Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005, and residents of Los Olivos, the small town that gained attention in the movie "Sideways," say rumors of its imminent sale have been rampant for months.

Among those rumored to be interested in the property are soccer star David Beckham, said Kim Morrison, one of the administrators of a private school located across the road from Neverland.

"It would be nice to have Beckham there," said Morrison, although she quickly added that Jackson "was always a good neighbor."

Jackson bought the property years ago from a local cattle rancher and turned it into his personal playground, naming it after the mythical land of Peter Pan where boys never grow up. The singer, who was a star before he reached his teens, has said it was an effort to recreate the childhood he was denied.

He installed a zoo stocked with exotic animals and more than a dozen amusement park rides, including a merry-go-round and a train to rival Disneyland's.

During the ranch's heyday in the late 1980s and 1990s, Jackson would frequently bring ill or disadvantaged children by the busload to the ranch to enjoy it with him.

Since he left in 2005 the exotic animals have been removed and the ranch is said to have fallen into disrepair.

"No one is living here," a security guard at the front gate said this week

Thanks CherubimII good news is worth repeating over and over and over, we as fans get to used to negative garbage i don't care if this article is reposted a million times hopefully we fans enjoy the positive for a change :flowers:

Neverland was the land where CHILDREN, not boys were never to grow up. Please remember that Peter Pan's "relationship" with the Wendy ended because she did not stay at Neverland, thus growing up.

This AP's author Moody has long history of being ignorant and negatively prejudiced against Jackson.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Neverland footage Cherubim. I never saw that before.

thank fecks for that. dont leave it so late next time mike. there better not be a next time. lol

Last edited:
Neverland was the land where CHILDREN, not boys were never to grow up. Please remember that Peter Pan's "relationship" with the Wendy ended because she did not stay at Neverland, thus growing up.

This AP's author Moody has long history of being ignorant and negatively prejudiced against Jackson.

I agree denisrs but the media of today don't care about being accurate or doing quality research they all behave like a pack of train ignorant wolves repeating the same verbage that everyone else does no matter how stupid it looks :mad:

thank fecks for that. dont leave it so late next time mike. there better not be a next time. lol
That is the problem though.,Elusive. it's not that Mike left it late at all, it was a fact that 'fast mouth' went where he had no business going and interfered. Mj was already in negotiation with the finance company when that man leaked information. Once the bank is in negotions with you, there is no way they would have sold your property even if the deal wasn't signed on time. it just doesn't work that way. They wouldn't be negotiating with you and sold your property. So the property was never in danger of being sold in the first place, even if talks broke down they would have given him time. RF was way out of order.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back