New Info on Fall Out Boy Beat It Video/ Official video on pg.5 **All threads Merged**

Re: New Info on Fall Out Boy Beat It Video **All threads Merged**

Everyone is singing Michael's songs except Michael. AWWWW I miss him so.

There is quite alot of tributes going on for the King of Pop.

Fall Out Boy did a good job with Beat It, much better then Amys version which made me worried.

Would be pretty awesome if by some incredibly small chance, Michael managed to get in there.

~Edit~

Apparently according to the official site for FOB, the music video is out on tuesday exsclusive to MTV.com.

Hopefully it will be up on youtube aswell :)

(Sorry if that is old)

Last edited:

Fall Out Boy did a good job with Beat It, much better then Amys version which made me worried.

Would be pretty awesome if by some incredibly small chance, Michael managed to get in there.

~Edit~

Apparently according to the official site for FOB, the music video is out on tuesday exsclusive to MTV.com.

(Sorry if that is old)

Cool didint know that!!

~Edit~

(Sorry if that is old)
Well if amy wasn't so wasted i'm sure she wouldn't have sounded so bad.

I just saw an MTV News spot on FOB's video. They were really respectful towards Michael, calling him the King of Pop, etc... And talking about how lately there's been a slew of videos inspired by Michael, and they showed that Lil' Mama video, and a few others. Anyway, it was nice.

Only on People.com

Behind the Scenes of Fall Out Boy's 'Beat It' Video

In their new video, Fall Out Boy pays homage to Michael Jackson with their cover of his iconic "Beat It" – and they're giving PEOPLE.com a glimpse at exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the video.

"It's not an ode to a specific Michael Jackson video," bassist Pete Wentz tells PEOPLE. "There are between 25 and 50 nods to Michael Jackson in the video – some that you need to pause and do a frame-by-frame to figure it out."

Some of the tributes are obvious: moon-walking and one-gloved dancers, or the band's '80s-inspired wardrobe.

Also look for celeb cameos, including Arrested Development's Tony Hale as a karate sensei. "It's officially going to be my favorite video of ours just 'cause of Tony," says guitarist Joe Trohman.

The full-length video – which was shot in Los Angeles recently – premieres on MTV.com at midnight on Monday. It will also air on Tuesday's TRL.

"You will not feel level when you're done watching. It's just so bizarre," Wentz said. "I watched the first cut the other day and ... I felt high when I was watching it. It was just absolutely insane."

The song appears on a CD packaged with the band's new DVD, Live in Phoenix.

In another nod to the spirit of Jackson's original, Fall Out Boy invited modern guitar hero John Mayer to record the song's epic guitar solo – originated by Eddie Van Halen 25 years ago.

Links for few seconds of the making of
: http://www.propeller.com/viewstory/2008/04/28/behind-the-scenes-of-fall-out-boys-beat-it-video/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.people.com%2Fpeople%2Farticle%2F0%2C%2C20195804%2C00.html%3Fxid%3Drss-topheadlines&frame=true

Last edited:

I dont get why there's suddenly all these articles and news in the general press about this video honouring MJ... practically all the videos out there pay homage to MJ... why are people (non Mj fans) making a big deal out of this?

becuz this band is what the music media deemed an very much "IN" ...

for them to do a MJ song and video.. so makes Michael's also very much "IN"

I, for one, am overjoyed and just loving it!

also Sony/ATV (Jackson) are making a lot of KACHING off of their popularity
so I am embracing this as well as the Tribec Film coverage...

loving it!

all this makes the re-surgences of Michael with his new music that much easier...and sweeter..

loving it!

This video by Fall out boy is a great way to rehause the Michael jackson image for the younger generation. This is amazing.!

Maybe because it's an actual cover of one of Michael's songs.

*Wishes for Youtube link*

God his voice kills the song for me...

But I like the video's references to Mike.

But I don't like the part at 0:31... people will misinterpret it.

Last edited:
Love the video, and I have a HUGE crush on Pete Wentz. LOL!

It's like Michael is EVERYWHERE, but you don't see him personally. I'm sure the TRL crowd is gonna love this video, the music just draws you in. "Beat" It is STILL as fresh as ever.

I like the video. I would have been nice if MJ made a cameo just walking by or doing a few dance moves or just maybe have a MJ look a like. What do you think?

I love it!! haha...its great! So far Ive seen references to Dirty Diana (the main part where he band is playing), smooth criminal, the way you make me feel, beat it videos!

The guitarist wears a fedora with police check on it, I think that is to do with Mjs recent problems with the police.

This is GREAT! I loved it! I saw references from almost every MJ era in that one :lol: And the video was very creative! Good job FOB! Even tho FOB annoys me to no end :lol:

I love it so much! They did a great job at making it funny without making fun at all of MJ!

LOL I almost missed this! I didn't read the title properly so all this time I thought it was just another news update on the making of the vid...not the actual video. :blush:

Very very nice!!! And their version of Beat It was pretty decent, imo. I'm not sure if FOB are the same ones who did this song on Dave Clarke's New Year's Eve but if they're the same group, this version of Beat it is wayyyy better than that night. My only bone to pick about this vidoe is WHERE is the beat it dance??! That needs to be revived like the Thriller dance. :lol: Both are classic!

Anyhoo, worthy effort. I'd give it 7.5 out of 10. :clap:

Thanks to all for the updates and the vid links. :punk:

I hadn't heard their cover before now. It's kind of mind numbing, but that's okay. The video was okay. But whenever someone covers a Michael Jackson song, I just want to listen to and watch the original, lol.

^ for me, all of FOB's songs are numbing so it's not just cuz they're covering an MJ song :lol:

Last edited:
Back