New message from Michael to his fans!

WBSS, you probably been in my shoes. I've burned CDs over and over again and sometimes my computer will freeze up and crash and just do some weird ****. I'm actually scared to burn a CD now because I'm afraid of it being frozen up again. I always had to reboot it (and in other cases, redo the computer over again with recovery disks! :lol: ).

Man, I think I have. I have a TON of music and video files on my computer and this ***** is always breaking down, not turning on. I had to take it to a place called Data Doctors the other day because it wouldn't turn on. Lol. I'm afraid to do anything. Once it crashed and I lost all of the music files I had transfered from CD onto the computer. What a pain that was.

MP3s don't have better sound quality then CDs. CDs will last you a life time if you don't toss them around like junk. I have a copy of "Thriller" which is 7 years old and it doesn't have one scratch on it.

Vinel some prefer because the audio is recorded in grooves and each piece of instrumentation has varying level's of loudness, depending on what the artist wanted. They complain about CD's because they make each sound equal in loudness, taking away some of what the artist invisioned. Like if you wanted a softer horn sound, with CD, it would then become equal to a loud snare drum, etc... But CD's also cancel out scratching and outside noise and bring out subtle instrumentation and layering which you could never hear with vinel or cassett.

actually, michael's idea of releasing a single “because the music industry has changed so much and the day of going in a record store and buying an album is gone” is an excellent idea. His observation is very true. Times have changed. The internet changed people's habits. even the way albums are promoted nowadays have taken a different tack. Notice how artists and even record companies have put up websites and has partnered with non-traditional companies to promote their artists.File sharing nowadays is common. Why spend so much on an album when you only want a few songs?

That bolded part is causing all the discussion in the first place 'cause you still have some old-fashioned fans (me) wondering what will happen for those who can't afford to download from ITunes? LOL

again MJ didnt say he wasnt going to release it in stores. His focus is probably gonna be digital marketing though.

Man, I think I have. I have a TON of music and video files on my computer and this ***** is always breaking down, not turning on. I had to take it to a place called Data Doctors the other day because it wouldn't turn on. Lol. I'm afraid to do anything. Once it crashed and I lost all of the music files I had transfered from CD onto the computer. What a pain that was.

MP3s don't have better sound quality then CDs. CDs will last you a life time if you don't toss them around like junk. I have a copy of "Thriller" which is 7 years old and it doesn't have one scratch on it.

Vinel some prefer because the audio is recorded in grooves and each piece of instrumentation has varying level's of loudness, depending on what the artist wanted. They complain about CD's because they make each sound equal in loudness, taking away some of what the artist invisioned. Like if you wanted a softer horn sound, with CD, it would then become equal to a loud snare drum, etc... But CD's also cancel out scratching and outside noise and bring out subtle instrumentation and layering which you could never hear with vinel or cassett.

I feel you on the computer. It's a hassle downloading a lot of music files, trying to burn them to a CD only to have the computer act funny and ish. I had to redo my computer TWICE because of that! :mat: :lol: I rather buy a CD from Wal-Mart. Just as long as he doesn't do an explicit recording I'm ok. ;)

actually, michael's idea of releasing a single “because the music industry has changed so much and the day of going in a record store and buying an album is gone” is an excellent idea. His observation is very true. Times have changed. The internet changed people's habits. even the way albums are promoted nowadays have taken a different tack. Notice how artists and even record companies have put up websites and has partnered with non-traditional companies to promote their artists.File sharing nowadays is common. Why spend so much on an album when you only want a few songs?[/quote]

Well that has to do with the artists today sucking, not with file sharing, lol. With an artist like Michael, you know every song is going to be a good song, at least, if not great. So I would buy an album from him in a second.

again MJ didnt say he wasnt going to release it in stores. His focus is probably gonna be digital marketing though.

Like I said I don't have a prob with him doing that but I just wanted to make sure he release that on the CDs. I can only envy those who have it and talk about it endlessly on the computer. I got an envious habit. :lol:

I feel you on the computer. It's a hassle downloading a lot of music files, trying to burn them to a CD only to have the computer act funny and ish. I had to redo my computer TWICE because of that! :mat: :lol: I rather buy a CD from Wal-Mart. Just as long as he doesn't do an explicit recording I'm ok. ;)

Yeah man, lol. I don't think he'll be doing anything explicit. That's not his style, lol. He's already said F*** and S*** and B****, so I don't think he's gonna go further then that. I'd rather buy the album. I'll buy it from Barnes and Nobel even. Its easier, better sound quality, I can blast it on my huge stero system, ahhh! LOL.

Last edited:
actually, michael's idea of releasing a single “because the music industry has changed so much and the day of going in a record store and buying an album is gone” is an excellent idea. His observation is very true. Times have changed. The internet changed people's habits. even the way albums are promoted nowadays have taken a different tack. Notice how artists and even record companies have put up websites and has partnered with non-traditional companies to promote their artists.File sharing nowadays is common. Why spend so much on an album when you only want a few songs?[/quote]

Well that has to do with the artists today sucking, not with file sharing, lol. With an artist like Michael, you know every song is going to be a good song, at least, if not great. So I would buy an album from him in a second.

Yeah, the easiest (and cheapest) way out of selling anything is doing it by ringtones and ringles. :lol: It isn't like CDs are "vintage"... yet. But ITunes will be old hat by the time Michael finally has the album ready (hey as some of y'all said technology changes a lot).

That bolded part is causing all the discussion in the first place 'cause you still have some old-fashioned fans (me) wondering what will happen for those who can't afford to download from ITunes? LOL

I'm worried about that too, because ain't no way I or my Grandma can afford to buy songs from the internet or go out & buy singles everytime 1 is released!

Yeah man, lol. I don't think he'll be doing anything explicit. That's not his style, lol. He's already said F*** and S*** and B****, so I don't think he's gonna go further then that. I'd rather buy the album. I'll buy it from Barnes and Nobel even. Its easier, better sound quality, I can blast it on my huge stero system, ahhh! LOL.

Yeah, when I play the CD and the stereo blasts, I'm in heaven. Unfortunately, I can't get that on MP3s unless I had an external MP3 hard drive...and I don't. :lol:

well its only recently have i invested in a mp3 player. For the longest i've been walking around with a CD player and I'm not gonna lie...i got LOOKS :lol: So, yeah...CDs are slowly making their way out. lol THey wont be obsolete, but cassettes arent either. But i dont see anyone walkin around with cassette players though lol

I'm worried about that too, because ain't no way I or my Grandma can afford to buy songs from the internet or go out & buy singles everytime 1 is released!
But they are only $.99 apeice on something like rapsody or amazon or an artists siter or whatever aren't they? That is no more than an album. Now having the capabiliti of downloading is something else.

Also I would think if you want a lot of MP3s, it'll be better to have your computer volumes in the NTFS format, rather than the FAT32 format because once you put it in a FAT32 format, your memory is filled up or eaten. And the unfortunate thing is you have to delete it to bring back more space (and sometimes defrag your computer) so any files in there don't make it sluggish. Like CDs, computers ain't no picnic either. Life is not fair but hey. ^_^

well its only recently have i invested in a mp3 player. For the longest i've been walking around with a CD player and I'm not gonna lie...i got LOOKS :lol: So, yeah...CDs are slowly making their way out. lol THey wont be obsolete, but cassettes arent either. But i dont see anyone walkin around with cassette players though lol

Well I ain't hatin', hun. Do you with your MP3 playing bad self, I'm still gonna bump my CDs until the day I leave this earth and that'll be when I'm 100! :D

Well, it'll probably be one of those deals where you can download the entire album for like $15.00 or something. Each track individually would be 0.99 cents, but the whole album will probably have some deal price on it.

Anyway, I don't have one of those external MP3 players either, and I ain't gonna buy one. Those things cost. I don't even have an MP3 player, lol. I just burn everything to disk. But again, better sound quality with an actual, professionally done CD.

It varies, some MP3s will have a 50.2 MB file in there even if it is ONE song. You be like "what in the world?!" :rofl:
Well I just got a 128MB flash disk free in place of a booklet at a conference. Memory is getting to be cheap. And I have already run a flash disk through the wash and it worked fine after I dried it off. Try doing that with a cd.

no doubt about it. i,too, am confident about anything Mike churns out which i'll definitely buy. thing is, Mike is just going with the times.

But you have to admit, there have been a lot of traditional record stores closing and going out of business lately. It makes me wonder....is there a new business model on the horizon?

Definitely, the world is constantly evolving. There has been a continous shift in how music is released. From 45 to LP,to CD, DVD, mp3. .Technology has a lot to do with it. The music industry has to cope with how people's buying habits have also changed.

Michael (and fans)will definitely benefit from going with today's trend rather than going against it

But they are only $.99 apeice on something like rapsody or amazon or an artists siter or whatever aren't they? That is no more than an album. Now having the capabiliti of downloading is something else.

I still don't get that. Why don't they just make things really FREE where you don't have to pay a dime. I mean, if the artist is desperate to earn anything, he can do other things to make sure he's paid and the fans are satisfied either or. Music is going to be totally free one day where you don't have to go the extra mile to pay a $.99 to get it. Sure that's easier than paying $20 to get it from Amazon but it's limitless because that means if they don't like it (not saying that will be in Michael's case though you can't please everybody), they would want their $.99 back and probably won't get it because ITunes would've raked over $10 million every time someone downloads from there.

Unfortunately though, I'd have to rely on my Gram for that & she won't go for it, getting her to agree to order stuff online once in a while is tough! Let alone buying a single inline or in the store every month! :lol: :no:

Well I just got a 128MB flash disk free in place of a booklet at a conference. Memory is getting to be cheap. And I have already run a flash disk through the wash and it worked fine after I dried it off. Try doing that with a cd.

Well I DO have a flash drive... I got a question though... once you put music files in a flash drive, can you still play 'em on your computer?

I would suggest this, if we can play MP3 files from flash drives, why don't Michael take the Radiohead approach and have us download the song or album from his site? That way we won't have to worry about JUST going to ITunes. :)

Last edited:
Well I DO have a flash drive... I got a question though... once you put music files in a flash drive, can you still play 'em on your computer?
Beats me. I haven't tried yet but I really don't see why not. A file is a file. Ask the youngin's.

Last edited:
Beats me. I haven't tried yet but I really don't see why not. A file is a file. As the youngin's.

See, this is why computers are complicated, even to those who know basic things about the computer! :lol: Like if you save it in a flash drive, I don't wanna convert it to a C and then have to see the computer slowly drag while I'm trying to play a song just so my screen won't go to the screensaver. :lol:

I would suggest this, if we can play MP3 files from flash drives, why don't Michael take the Radiohead approach and have us download the song or album from his site? That way we won't have to worry about JUST going to ITunes. :)

yeah, i agree!:p

Back