New message from Michael to his fans!

:wacko: Mike and Ray-Ray, y'all confusing me, man... which is it?! :lol:
It's like I said. I think there will be an album we can purchase at the end of it if we want. Besides, if you have a compilation of recordings that go together it could still be considered and album even if they were released one at a time. Think of the visionary box set.

The statement that I & some others are referring to, was from Raymone Bain a few months ago!

Calm down, baby. :lol: I was just wondering about all of that. Are they gonna do both things: singles then the album? She said that altogether if I can remember: "releasing 4 songs then put the album out on a later date". In any way, it's still confusing, don't mean I got a problem with what they wanna do but it's still not any clearer. Hell, he could be releasing a mixtape for all I know. :rofl:

no im talkin about fans in general

For me there are no mixed signals cuz MJ never said anything officially about it yet :tongue:

It's like I said. I think there will be an album we can purchase at the end of it if we want. Besides, if you have a compilation of recordings that go together it could still be considered and album even if they were released one at a time. Think of the visionary box set.

That's why I feel he can release an EP just so he'll tease us... though it's not always nice to tease. :p

Well, IF this is true, MJ is gonna do what he's gonna do. I'll be glad for new music whatever the format.

Seriously, though, I really hope he rethinks it and changes his mind and puts out an album. Not that I think he NEEDS money or anything, but if he wants to make any, it won't be off singles downloads. Some people will buy them then pass them all around the net. Anyone remember "What More Can I Give"??? That was download only, and I don't recall ever hearing that it did much of anything, though of course I paid for it. Lots of people have mp3's but lots of people don't and can't afford them. Big difference in the price of an mp3 player and a cd player. I basically think MJ will be cutting his market in half going online only - but it's his music and his choice, so whateva.

Well as long as it ain't been "confirmed" yet, the sky's the limit. ^_^ You know Michael says one thing but does another. Like I said, Virgos like him, their mind is scattered all over the place with ideas. :lol:

Thanks for the info. It's great that new music is on the way I'm really excited about that, but I also don't download music and don't own an ipod, looks like that's going to be my loss. I hope we will eventualy be able to buy it in the 'Old fashioned record shop' because Michael has an awful lot of older fans who will miss out if they can't. Anyway if anyone see's Mike will they tell him that HMV in Tamworth is always buzzing with people young and old.

WMCIG isnt a good example cuz not many people even knew about it.

HAHAHA - oh, I wouldn't say THAT. Betcha lots of people have it. Betcha lots didn't pay for it. And I don't know about you, but I sure do remember the messageboards going nuts and having a field day because of one of the chosen charities being linked to scientology and then that particular one was removed. So plenty of fans knew about it all right.

Something like Itunes would work for curious people, then it would hit limewire or something and it would go around for free. Then only people without mp3 players would be left out - though they could have a burned cd or listen on computer at lesser quality. Still no money in MJ's pockets for it though.

Like I said, he can do what he wants - I'll just be glad to have it in any form. But I don't think it's a bright move to do download only - unless the idea is to whip up interest in an actual new album.

Well as long as it ain't been "confirmed" yet, the sky's the limit. ^_^ You know Michael says one thing but does another. Like I said, Virgos like him, their mind is scattered all over the place with ideas. :lol:

ouch......-_-
But, yes that seems kind of correct..............( me being a virgo too, finds that a bit too close to the truth.......:lol:)

Don`t know whats going to happen, but the music industry has to come up with some fresh ideas about how to make money ( people actually buying the product).

I have a very close and loving relationship with my IPod:p, but I do prefer having the cd, because of the sound quality.
I like to turn the volume up, when listening to music.
But the technological revolution keeps going, and there will be some sort of difference between what people can afford or not, even if the price on a lot of things goes rapidly down very fast- just compare the price of a laptop comp. today and go back ten years.......................
Besides, when CDs first came, they were pretty expencive compared to a tape ( cassette?) etc......

HAHAHA - oh, I wouldn't say THAT. Betcha lots of people have it. Betcha lots didn't pay for it. And I don't know about you, but I sure do remember the messageboards going nuts and having a field day because of one of the chosen charities being linked to scientology and then that particular one was removed. So plenty of fans knew about it all right.

Something like Itunes would work for curious people, then it would hit limewire or something and it would go around for free. Then only people without mp3 players would be left out - though they could have a burned cd or listen on computer at lesser quality. Still no money in MJ's pockets for it though.

Like I said, he can do what he wants - I'll just be glad to have it in any form. But I don't think it's a bright move to do download only - unless the idea is to whip up interest in an actual new album.

He can do it like Radiohead, release the album online, THEN release it physically to record stores once there's big buzz about it. Michael can make a lot of headlines with what Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails are doing, not trying to force him into anything but it's a great suggestion so it'll be 100% satisfying to all of his fans young and old. I hope none of you who are believing this are gonna demand us to buy an IPOD and download music that fills up computer memory space... :lol:

ouch......-_-
But, yes that seems kind of correct..............( me being a virgo too, finds that a bit too close to the truth.......:lol:)

Don`t know whats going to happen, but the music industry has to come up with some fresh ideas about how to make money ( people actually buying the product).

I have a very close and loving relationship with my IPod:p, but I do prefer having the cd, because of the sound quality.
I like to turn the volume up, when listening to music.
But the technological revolution keeps going, and there will be some sort of difference between what people can afford or not, even if the price on a lot of things goes rapidly down very fast- just compare the price of a laptop comp. today and go back ten years.......................
Besides, when CDs first came, they were pretty expencive compared to a tape ( cassette?) etc......

Well it is a cycle. People got mad when 78's dropped to 45's then to 8-tracks then to DATs/cassette players then to CDs and now IPODs. Sooner or later the only thing we need to listen to music is gonna be directly from our phones even more so than the ringtones, which I'm actually getting tired of.

But HEY, as long as CDs prices are dropped to $4.00-$9.00, I'm alright with CDs and CDs are alright with me.

Long live the CD, f**k the naysayers. :lol: People still listen to 8-tracks and 45s so whatever. ;)

well at least in the states, i dont remember much buzz about it at all especially when MJ kinda dropped out of radar afterwards.

And again no one really said that MJ is gonna do online only anyways.

ANd thanks Linda for the articles

well at least in the states, i dont remember much buzz about it at all especially when MJ kinda dropped out of radar afterwards.

Yeah, the BIGGEST buzz around the song was right on the forums.

My whole take on music is, an album that works cohesively together isn't of great importance to me. An individual song, if a great piece of musical and/or lyrical composition, is a piece of art work and priceless on its own. So its not the concept of not having an actual hard copy of an album in my hands with a specific direction that bothers me (although I do very much enjoy the packaging and artwork that comes with albums). What bothers me is the loss in sound quality and the overall quality of the hard copy. Because if you can only burn it to a disk, then you are going to lose something. Plus if your computer crashes, which mine has lol, you'll lose the digital copies that you have. I have Sony Sonic Stage, not ITunes. Sonic stage allows you to redownload whatever songs you've already purchses, but I don't believe that ITunes does that. Anyway, again, I'll be happy with what Michael decides. He's doing us the favor.

Last edited:
WBSS, you probably been in my shoes. I've burned CDs over and over again and sometimes my computer will freeze up and crash and just do some weird mess. I'm actually scared to burn a CD now because I'm afraid of it being frozen up again. I always had to reboot it (and in other cases, redo the computer over again with recovery disks! :lol: ).

Last edited:
Well thats with any technology. CDs, im sry dont have the same quality as mp3s. mp3s never deteriorate. And u can lose ur files but u can scratch or mess of up cd's just as easily. Nothing is perfect.

Last edited:

You're welcome, J5Master. And you are right - MJ will probably not do online only. But you have to admit, there have been a lot of traditional record stores closing and going out of business lately. It makes me wonder....is there a new business model on the horizon?

Well thats with any technology. CDs, im sry dont have the same quality as mp3s. mp3s never deteriorate. And u can lose ur files but u can scratch or mess of up cd's just as easily. Nothing is perfect.

Well ur right about that, lol. But I don't wanna keep mp3s on my computer, shoot, might as well buy another thumb drive to save the songs and then burn it from an external hard drive that I can plug to my computer. MJ gonna try and burn some dollar bills from me. Eff that! :lol:

Last edited:
actually, michael's idea of releasing a single “because the music industry has changed so much and the day of going in a record store and buying an album is gone” is an excellent idea. His observation is very true. Times have changed. The internet changed people's habits. even the way albums are promoted nowadays have taken a different tack. Notice how artists and even record companies have put up websites and has partnered with non-traditional companies to promote their artists.File sharing nowadays is common. Why spend so much on an album when you only want a few songs?

bah..mike can't win, can he. ain't no pleasing the fans his harshest critics...at this point if Michael records one song each into a cassette and I need to order it through the post with a money order, I will do it. who am I to tell what's best..MJ is the one whos dedicated his life to this industry, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I'm just happy he's writing..you know " writing "..which can only mean good things.

I hope Michael and the youngins have the most magical crimbo with much wonderment!:p:D

Back