New message from Michael to his fans!

I DO have a turntable smarty. I keep it to play my big band stuff on because I'm not going to replace it. It gets a little heavy carrying around though.

I wouldn't wanna carry it around either. I rather keep it in my house anyway. That way when I come home, I can turn it on and hear things I probably never heard on MP3s or CDs. A lot of Motown fans say that you hear great things on a mono-sounding 45 than you can sometimes on a stereo-sounding CD. :D

yeah i think MJ might go in the radiohead direction. Who knows. THeres tons of possibilities. He might have ideas on his own we havent thought of. We wont know til we know :)

Ahh I love non insulting discussions like these (just had to let that out there lol)

I have a weird idea, since in the other thread when we were asked what do we wish for MJ in 2008, he can "turn back time" and do a throwback R&B collection and release it on a THROWBACK 45! THAT WOULD BE HOT! :lol:

yeah i think MJ might go in the radiohead direction. Who knows. THeres tons of possibilities. He might have ideas on his own we havent thought of. We wont know til we know :)

Ahh I love non insulting discussions like these (just had to let that out there lol)

That's just the Virgo... er, Michael in him. :p

That bolded part is causing all the discussion in the first place 'cause you still have some old-fashioned fans (me) wondering what will happen for those who can't afford to download from ITunes? LOL

well, troubleman...i have a feeling that soon music can be shared for free over the net (it's happening!).this is bad news for artists and those who rake in big profits out of these artists but i think someday this will be the case...:D

I personally like cassette tapes cuz it throws me back to the days where i had to figure out his lyrics by rewinding. play. stop. rewind routines :lol:

.......then getting the internet to find out i was SOOOOOOOO OFF. lol

Last edited:
I have a weird idea, since in the other thread when we were asked what do we wish for MJ in 2008, he can "turn back time" and do a throwback R&B collection and release it on a THROWBACK 45! THAT WOULD BE HOT! :lol:
Ahhh. Sort of turnabouts fair play. Noone under 30? would be able to play it be cause they wouldn't know how.

Lets hope that people never stop buying music, because then they'll be no such thing as recording artists any more. Not that we hear anyway.

I need a turntable so I can listen to my copy of the ET story book, lol.

A lot of Motown fans say that you hear great things on a mono-sounding 45 than you can sometimes on a stereo-sounding CD. :D

That's true of a lot of old 45s. They don't sound perfect, and they may even sound scratchy when their old enough, but they got a vitality that CDs often miss. I got one Buddy Holly and the Crickets 45 that I LOVE. Got the CD much later of course, and the "roughness" and vitality were smoothed right on out.

Well, again, because CD's equalize the volume of each instrument, if an artist intended for one instrument to be softer then another, that won't come through on a CD. But CD's are much clearer and crisper too. So...

wow yall are sooooooooooo old school :lol: Im havin a culture shock :lol:
:eviltongue: New isn't always better. Think MJ vs Timbaland.

I haven't heard you answer the question about the flash disk yet either. And just wait until someday you want to play YOUR ET recordbook and need a turntable to play it on. Who you gonna turn to huh?

Well, again, because CD's equalize the volume of each instrument, if an artist intended for one instrument to be softer then another, that won't come through on a CD. But CD's are much clearer and crisper too. So...
And I trust Michael to understand how to pull the best out of either technology (or the one we don't know about yet) because I assume you compose a different way for each. Each will have a sound that is best for it just as each human voice does.

:eviltongue: New isn't always better. Think MJ vs Timbaland.

Oh i know that. I grew up on old school music. If i didnt I probably wouldnt be an MJ fan. And im definitely not a fan of new stuff lol

my nephew was skimming through my ipod seeing MJ, funkadelic, stevie, marvin, all this new jack swing and motown stuff and he told me, "Dont u have anything GOOD on here? like T Pain???"

I cracked up :lol:

But i dunno much anything past cassettes as far a format lol. My parents has a hidden stash of records no one can touch lol

Last edited:
My vinal sounds special. It really does have a different quality to it that goes with say an Ella Fitzgerald or Duke Ellington.

Last edited:
hmmmm.....now I'm really tempted to drag out my old Thriller vinyl and compare with the CD and see which one I like better - LOL

yeah..like a warm, nostalgic feel:)
It actually does and I am not old enough to actually have heard the bands live so it is kind of strange that it is that way.

I would say the instruments are more clearly real. You can imagine them in the room with you.

Last edited:
It actually does and I am not old enough to actually have heard the bands live so it is kind of strange that it is that way.

I would say the instruments are more clearly real. You can imagine them in the room with you.

again, i agree. also the gritty quality adds to its charm

:lol: I will never, ever be a cog in the system. If I'm gonna be a rebel, I gotta stand out. That means if people wanna upgrade to IPODs and bluetooth chips to play music, I'm gonna play my vinyl's and my CDs like they're brand new. That's what you call fighting against the system. ;)

We certainly can learn rebellion from musicians (Marvin, Michael, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Brian Seltzer's archival butt, etc.) :lol:

I have total trust in what michael does with his music and can,t wait to see what he is doing in Europe in the new year . Should be real interesting to say the lest. thanks for the message and i,m not surprised bout the Europe thing.

Well, I'm not that tech savvy, but what if Michael partnered with the IPOD and released and IPOD with his entire album on it?

For example, Michael and IPOD can come to an agreement to pre-load their upcoming shipments of Ipods with the entire album. Then for people who already have an IPOD, they can simply go to the website and download it for a fee.

I hate to tell yall this, but I believe that the only way artists are gonna get back to making money off of their music is by changing the medium all together. CDs are the worst thing that could have ever happened to people who make a living off their musical art. I personally have no compassio for the labels, but I do for the artist.

I say forget the CD and focus on the MP3. As far as I know, you can download MP3s but you can't copy them, right?

I don't know. Anyway, I blame Sony for this. They are the ones who brought us the CD!
I think the MP

Lawd Jeebus, I refuse to be suck in to your cog, man. :lol: You remind me of one of those crazed "revolutionaries": "the future is NOWWWWWWWWWW!" :rofl:

Last edited:
Well, I'm not that tech savvy, but what if Michael partnered with the IPOD and released and IPOD with his entire album on it?

For example, Michael and IPOD can come to an agreement to pre-load their upcoming shipments of Ipods with the entire album. Then for people who already have an IPOD, they can simply go to the website and download it for a fee.

I hate to tell yall this, but I believe that the only way artists are gonna get back to making money off of their music is by changing the medium all together. CDs are the worst thing that could have ever happened to people who make a living off their musical art. I personally have no compassio for the labels, but I do for the artist.

I say forget the CD and focus on the MP3. As far as I know, you can download MP3s but you can't copy them, right?

I don't know. Anyway, I blame Sony for this. They are the ones who brought us the CD!
I think the MP

Or maybe they can make a MICHAEL JACKSON IPOD :lol: Buy the Ipod and get MJ's whole cataloge LOL ANd the IPod would have sequines on it :clap: :lol: Joooking

Michael Jackson and Al Gore that's a winning combination for the
Planet Earth! I hope Michael has written another masterpiece similar
to "Earth Song". :sarmoti

It's easy to share the mp3's aswell.The problem remains the same.Let's say he does releases the album online and there is a fee for each download.Well,it's enough for one guy to download the entire album and then upload it on a server,or share it on DC++ and in a couple of hours,50 other people will listen to he's album,without paying for it.Piracy is a very very big problem and to be honest,I see no sollution in resolving it,at least for the time beeing.

Back