New message from Michael to his fans!

It's easy to share the mp3's aswell.The problem remains the same.Let's say he does releases the album online and there is a fee for each download.Well,it's enough for one guy to download the entire album and then upload it on a server,or share it on DC++ and in a couple of hours,50 other people will listen to he's album,without paying for it.Piracy is a very very big problem and to be honest,I see no sollution in resolving it,at least for the time beeing.

WORD! :yes:

It's easy to share the mp3's aswell.The problem remains the same.Let's say he does releases the album online and there is a fee for each download.Well,it's enough for one guy to download the entire album and then upload it on a server,or share it on DC++ and in a couple of hours,50 other people will listen to he's album,without paying for it.Piracy is a very very big problem and to be honest,I see no sollution in resolving it,at least for the time beeing.
Are you sure there isn't a way to protect it. I'm kinda thinking that is where it is headed. Perhaps they have the technology and are poised to use it soon. We embed license code in everything else.

well we can sit here and list the benefits and short comings of all music formats lol. But I just think it's MJ's decision, I think he knows what he's doing. I think he's been watching the music industry and technology, and he's deep in it too...so I'm sure he'll make the right decision. we just gotta wait and see what happens. I'm excited non the less.

well we can sit here and list the benefits and short comings of all music formats lol. But I just think it's MJ's decision, I think he knows what he's doing. I think he's been watching the music industry and technology, and he's deep in it too...so I'm sure he'll make the right decision. we just gotta wait and see what happens. I'm excited non the less.
Yeah. I was thinking as I was writing in here that I hoped Michael would never come and see our discussion. He is on a whole nother level and I would be pretty embarrised over my "an IPOD? Do you plant those?" type of discussion.

From MJHideOu
An event with Al Gore? :huh:

makes me think also ...what michael wud be partnering with al gore? environmental issue perhaps? michael has recently gone green :)

http://music.moldova.org/stiri/eng/79347/

The eccentric star, Michael Jackson - who frequently charters private planes and has been accused of having a large carbon footprint - has splashed out around $20,000 on an environmentally-friendly Toyota Prius car.
Michael, 49, was seen leaving Beverly Hills' Sharper Image electrical shop before climbing into the back seat of his super-green vehicle with his driver on Friday (30.11.07).
The Prius - which is powered by electricity and petrol - has emerged as Hollywood's hybrid car of choice.
Leonardo DiCaprio was one of the first celebrities to purchase a Prius in 2001, and other stars were quick to follow.
Celebrity owners now include Cameron Diaz, Will Ferrell, Jennifer Aniston, Harrison Ford and Susan Sarandon.
Ferrell has gushed about how much he loves his green car, and even gone as far as to describe it "sexy".
He said: "I absolutely love our Prius. In addition to being obviously economical and environmentally friendly, they drive great and are just plain sexy.
There's no reason all Americans shouldn't be driving hybrid cars."
Diaz has also praised the car's fuel efficiency, saying: "It gets 52 miles per gallon. In the city. Isn't that exciting?"

this article is a long shot to the 'event' bet. MJ and Al Gore, i know but m trying to make a connection:p

makes me think also ...what michael wud be partnering with al gore? environmental issue perhaps? michael has recently gone green :)

http://music.moldova.org/stiri/eng/79347/

The eccentric star, Michael Jackson - who frequently charters private planes and has been accused of having a large carbon footprint - has splashed out around $20,000 on an environmentally-friendly Toyota Prius car.
Michael, 49, was seen leaving Beverly Hills' Sharper Image electrical shop before climbing into the back seat of his super-green vehicle with his driver on Friday (30.11.07).
The Prius - which is powered by electricity and petrol - has emerged as Hollywood's hybrid car of choice.
Leonardo DiCaprio was one of the first celebrities to purchase a Prius in 2001, and other stars were quick to follow.
Celebrity owners now include Cameron Diaz, Will Ferrell, Jennifer Aniston, Harrison Ford and Susan Sarandon.
Ferrell has gushed about how much he loves his green car, and even gone as far as to describe it "sexy".
He said: "I absolutely love our Prius. In addition to being obviously economical and environmentally friendly, they drive great and are just plain sexy.
There's no reason all Americans shouldn't be driving hybrid cars."
Diaz has also praised the car's fuel efficiency, saying: "It gets 52 miles per gallon. In the city. Isn't that exciting?"

this article is a long shot to the 'event' bet. MJ and Al Gore, i know but m trying to make a connection:p
I assumed it was environmental.

i think so too. well, if that's the case hooray for michael and al gore! michael is a very caring person. it's not really far fetched if he hooks up with the world's most recognizable face ( al gore) rooting for environmental awareness. Michael has been using his songs to raise awareness on many social issues. Lending his celebrity status on the no. 1 problem the world is facing (global warming) is most welcome.

Go Michael!!:)

I agree that it's a big problem. The only solution at all that I see is to make the CD packaging/artwork/inserts, etc., something very special that people - espeically fans - just MUST have. One of my favorite bands just released a new "Deluxe" edition CD with very cool outer packaging and included a horn necklace with the set. Some other bands I like offer autographed CDs with preorders. These types of things encourage purchase of CDs - IMO, anyway. And these are things that can't be downloaded and spread around, obviously. That's the direction I think bands/artists should be going - make the CD to include something that you can't get by downloading, only purchasing. Could be as simple as a poster, keychain, or pin. People LOVE getting extras.

wait for the official news.then we will know what Michael is up too.it will be something very nice,i'm sure, but BE REAL-now we don't know nothing about his plans!

One thing I love about CDs is that you have a booklet with lyrics and interesting pictures. :D I've always loved that.
Yes,I like the booklet too!And just being able to keep the CD in hand is...i don't know...great!It's a special feeling when you get back from the store with the new CD,very excited about it,you unrap it fast,you open the CD - of course,there is that great "it's a new product"-smell,which i love:p - you look carefully at the pictures and you read the "Thank you" list,while listening to the CD.This is something you can't get with an online album.:)
But,as mjjmsc said,we don't now anything for sure yet.We just have to wait.

Last edited:
Yes,I like the booklet too!And just being able to keep the CD in hand is...i don't know...great!It's a special feeling when you get back from the store with the new CD,very excited about it,you unrap it fast,you open the CD - of course,there is that great "it's a new product"-smell,which i love:p - you look carefully at the pictures and you read the "Thank you" list,while listening to the CD.This is something you can't get with an online album.:)
But,as mjjmsc said,we don't now anything for sure yet.We just have to wait.

I agree
I love holding that tangible product in my hands admiring the cover and of course the booklet makes it that much more personal - Im a collector so - I want my CD - but I will be greatful for whatever Michael chooses to do as long as he gets the music out there.

Also this is just an Interpretation from a fan and probably not be an exact "quote" from Michael but only as she understood it :rolleyes: so We still dont know for sure what Michael's exact plans are.

Hopefully we will get both - downloads and a CD to treasure.
Which ever it Is _ Ill be greatful and thankful ..

HURRY Mike .. were biting at the bit

Last edited:
Singles serial is fine by me but not so much a fan of D.I.Y. burning and ripping. I want something professionally produced and printed and showcase it to my friends for as long as it lasts.
Modern technology and direct marketing is O.K., but DO NOT alienate the non-tech savvy fans. CDs are still relevant (just like they still give you a floppy disk drive on your desk top :lol:). Until CDs and DVDs are really obsolete, I hope Michael considers availing his music on professionally made cds and dvds marketed commercially WORLDWIDE.

^^ that's the same with me^^ I know I get that charge of excitement with ANYTHING from ANYONE lol! But I am really just waiting for the Exciting news Michael keeps saying will come soon...

Uhm, ain't readin' all 12 pages, but if ya guys say this girl's genuine, then, thanks for the message, Michael! :D

I prefer an album as well :( It feels more....real >.< And looks better in a collection ^_^
But, I'm just glad to hear from him :wub: *remembers no to get excited about anything* :p

While we all are speculating about how Mike on gonna release these 4 singles, my question was:"why 4 singles?" Then a light bulb showed up over my head and I thought about what somebody said earlier in this thread about the Visionary Box Set. I thought, hey, Mike's last short film was over 30 minutes long, surely, he won't want to do less that the last thing he put out will he? NO! so, knowing this and how he wants to do films (long ones) I thought maybe he will be doing a series of 4 short (30 min+) films and then when they are all put together, you have one long (2 hour) film! TA-DA!!!.
Michael has said he is interested in blazing a trail not following a path. I think that may be what he is up to with these 4 singles. Just my thoughts.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

I have a feeling this is B.S if Michael wanted to say somthing to the fans he would have said it direct insted of thorugh a fan who is probably just doing it for the attention

I wonder if this is real though. I mean why dosn´t he make a statement through Raymone.

But I really admire Al Gore and exiting things in Europe sounds nice so I hope it´s real :).

Linda, the message said that he will reveal details properly soon. So it shouldn't be long before we get some real confirmation

First off whenever i see there's a message from Michael I'm like this: :jump:

Well i'm hoping this message is real, i like the idea of single releases eventhough it means we have to go to the shop every time to get it-but at the same time i don't mind doing that because it means there's more chance people will spot his work and i think its more likely that people are going to download an album than a single as it saves them more money, so people will see the single and just grab it when they see it and actually buy it or legally download it. I'm thinking the idea is the singles be released way before the album so you get a good no. of single sold as well as albums sold.

Jacksonologist your idea is great about Michael doing a shortfilm for each single which can be put together as a film-it would be something more for the fans to enjoy as they would be seeing Michael doing something he's interested in and something he wants to experiment in more and hopefully people will join for the exciting ride.

I don't know what the whole Al Gore event was..so I'm going to keep my eye out for anything related if the message is true and ofcourse for a uk fan like myself it would be great news to have a chance of seeing him :D

Wow, new exciting news....and yet not so exciting if they don't come out of his mounth, hehe, LOL
Anyway, it is great to hear just a flicker of the news we can get from him, 'cause we haven't hear anything in the past weeks.:)

I want an ALBUM.. lol! But I can understand why he would want to do SINGLES (if this is true)... He'll probably do 9-14 tracks but release them all as singles.. REASON?!? This is what I think.

1) People buy downloads now, not many RECORDS in stores are bought..
2) People buy SONGS online, not an album. People chose what songs they want now... Sometimes people only want 4 of the 10 songs on an album so that is what they buy.. They wont buy a 13 track album when they can pay for EACH track they want..

I see good and bad out of this..

GOOD:
* This means which each song he does he'll do promotion for it.. Meaning EACH song could have a video, and/or some type of MJ thing that us fans would like to get our hands on..

* It tailors to todays generation

* He could release each SINGLE, meaning MORE SALES when songs are talleyed up

* If he does release SINGLES, and each single is released in stores, there would be more possible sale tactics in the future.. BUNDELS, SETS. etc.. In the future SONY or whatever company would be with Michael at the time could release all the "Singles" in a full album in the future, give it a Catchy name.. etc.. it would sell again.. (SONY'S know all about RE-RELEASING) loL!

The only bad things that I think of is FAN based to me.. Wanting an ALBUM/wanting to know what a full MJ album would SELL today.. etc..

Back