New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Re: New MJ single this MONDAY ( not Breaking News)

Akon himself on twitter said that it will have more Michael vocals

This is very nerve-wracking...

I seriously hope that the vocals on this "new version" are more akin to the ones on the leaked HMH than to those on BN...

I hate this. :(

I just want it to sound 115% like Michael, so we can stop holding our breath and just enjoy it. I can't do that if those little voices questioning it will forever be in the back of my mind. :no:

Let's hope there's a video/studio footage for this too and that that's why it was chosen as the first single? :angel:

i hope your right about it being a rough demo... i dont like the song as it is leaked. But if its an up beat song then it might be strong enough. We need something strong.

Yesterday is HIStory
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a gift - that is why it is called the Present

With all this fake talk going on at the moment i wouldnt be suprised if this got released for hold my hand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBvqpdQ3j0

would be rather amusing i suppose

this is getting completely stupid now. IF you have nothing more positive to post then save it. Im growing very tired of people posting this shit. Grow up.

this is getting completely stupid now. IF you have nothing more positive to post then save it. Im growing very tired of people posting this shit. Grow up.

seriously lighten up! it was clearly a joke you overreacting person.. geez so many miserable people on this forum!

thanks much but as you can clearly see i dont think its funny and i wont waste my time laughing at something thats not. This whole week has everyone on the edge. IT doesn't mean we are miserable it just means we are pissed off and bitchy.

well dont be 'pissed off and bitchy' with me.. 'IF' your in that much of an unstable state that you have to rip someones head off for having a joke, then go and have a lie down x

please hold my hand

I am 99% certain it will be Hold My Hand but I have no idea how much Michael it will have in contract to how much Akon (if any) it will have.

This is very nerve-wracking...

Let's hope there's a video/studio footage for this too and that that's why it was chosen as the first single? :angel:

The NY Times article (I just posted it in the Album thread) states Michael left a handwritten note saying he wanted HMH as the first single of his next project.... this doesn't surprise me since I had heard both Akon and MJ wanted to release it as a single previously before it was leaked and scrapped.

LET'S MAKE IT NUMBER 1 !!!

We can do this.

Why HMH as First Single and Not Another Day?

It buffles my mind why the estate will decide to release breaking news and hold my hand (HMH) as the first single instead of Another dday as the lead single. If Sony and the estate had release Another Day as the lead single all this problem would have being avoided. Lenny Kravitz would have done a wonderful promotion for this upcoming all; remember that Lenny is a big star in his own right. With the release of HMH my hand next week , who is going to goroung in the media circle to promote the album? Akon?

Coming Lenny would have done wonders for this album. Secondly, everyone knows that the song is authentic and 100% MJ as well as being really good.

I'm afraid to say that Sony and Estate are 'two stupd dogs'
They have fucked up this album, big time and might nver recover.

Last edited:
Re: Why HMH as First Single and Not Another Day?

Are you serious?

Listen to the radio. Hold my hand has a solid chance of being a hit right now. Another day has no chance. Songs like that just aren't popular right now, the kids aren't going to want to listen to it.

I don't get how noone can understand this.

Another Day is a great song, but with the holiday season upon us, Hold My Hand is the best pick right now. It's got that feel good vibe to it.

Also you have to remember, the 2007 version that was leaked is not the 2010 version that Akon has been working on..which he stats in the press release for the new album.

I think A.D will be the 2nd or 3rd single released.

It buffles my mind why the estate will decide to release breaking news and hold my hand (HMH) as the first single instead of Another dday as the lead single. If Sony and the estate had release Another Day as the lead single all this problem would have being avoided. Lenny Kravitz would have done a wonderful promotion for this upcoming all; remember that Lenny is a big star in his own right. With the release of HMH my hand next week , who is going to goroung in the media circle to promote the album? Akon?

I'm afraid to say that Sony and Estate are 'two stupd dogs'
They have fucked up this album, big time and might nver recover.

Here is why:

“a handwritten note from Michael Jackson belonging to his estate” indicated that Jackson wanted it 2 be the 1st single of his next project.

Are you calling MJ stupid too?

^^ I agree with you...AD for the second or 3rd single...

plus Akon is quite popular now with his album and single "Angel".

Pascal09 - ALL the threads you've started today has been negative - WHY ?

HMH is a great choice. 99 % have never heard it.

AKON is "hot" Lenny not so much these days.

It is a great choice from SONY.

Why start a thread only to be negative?

Are you serious?

Listen to the radio. Hold my hand has a solid chance of being a hit right now. Another day has no chance. Songs like that just aren't popular right now, the kids aren't going to want to listen to it.

I don't get how noone can understand this.

I get your point. However, i am looking at it from promotion point. That's hopping from TV station and radio staton to promote the lbum which i think Lenny will do a better Job. Any i think sony and the estate needs to use him to promote the album because he is a big star in his own right. Bare in mind MJ isn't here to do that.

I don't think the HMH 2007 will be any different from 2010. Akon will still be the own singing for the most part.

P.S. Any way, i would have to agree that you guys are right. I was looking at it from a promotion point. I hope Akon goes around, i.e. TV, radio to promote the album.

Last edited:

Anyone who worked on this album can be used for initial promotion. Promotion is not going to be a song by song basis. And that very well may be why Sony wanted some of the Cascio tracks on the release. Not only will they be able to talk about Michael's music but Michael the person. And that will be priceless promotion if actually done.

It is like there is this need for one complaint after another. I don't think it would have been any different if Michael were here, sadly.

I'd ask why was "the girl Is Mine" the first single off of Thriller.. lol!! I would not have chose that back then not knowing the sucess that album would reach.. i'd prolly pick an up tempo.. but!! IT WORKED

^^^

KOPV sooo true!

HMH is a great choice!

its the holiday.....a hard rock tune? no lol. but im sure next summer itll be a fresh single

HMH is a smart move.

Could do very well during christmas.

Back