New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged) *No Links*

Re: New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged)

Absolutely - that is why MJ is a master of music.

He can give you a range of 10,000 emotions in 1:30 seconds.

Pure and unadulterated GENIUS.

EDIT: Remember how Lenny Kravitz sang the verse - as much as I love Lenny (and how sexxy I find him, YUM), Lenny doesn't do it for me performance-wise as MJ did.

BTW, I've been listening to 1:30 minutes of a song FOR HOURS now, and love it, love it, love it.

Please, Branca & McClain - RELEASE THIS. PLEASE. Full version! PLEASE.

Originally Posted by Staffordshire Bullterrier
I don't know if there's a special word for it...but the first lines, Michael sings in his 'friendly 'tone, but after that the angry/shouting tone starts, that's what i love about his music. He just never sings the whole song the same way, always variety

what if we never hear the full track ?
somebody better write to lenny to give us the track :)
We still didn't hear the place with no name in full:(

i got a big problem..i can't go to sleep because i can't stop listening to the snippet:) and its almost 5 in the morning here:)

Personally IMHO, A place with no name can stay in the vault.

They need to release "Another Day" and "Hold my Hand" with Akon.

The tracks are HOT and showcase the drama, emotion, passion and tenderness of MJ's vocals.

LOL - I'm with you - I'm at 5 hours listening & calling people to email them the track. All great reviews.

what if we never hear the full track ?
somebody better write to lenny to give us the track :)
We still didn't hear the place with no name in full:(

what i mean is ..his VOICE :)...sounds so good!:)...and imagine all the new music with his voice...and also we saw this is it....he was on TOP at age of 50!

and yea...he kills each song he does! all of his songs are classics! this song when u listen to lennys version its nothin special...also the beat is nothin special..but when michael starts to sing...damn :))...what can i say! after the new year i didnt feel so good..today..was kinda sad! and this song just made my day...but again im said : cause he is gone

That's why he's a musical genius! He can take any boring, awful song and make it amazing! Like I said before - Come Together comes to mind - his version is soooo much better - It's Michael - he's magical! Can't wait for all the unreleased songs to come! HEE HEE!!!:clapping:

That's why he's a musical genius! He can take any boring, awful song and make it amazing! Like I said before - Come Together comes to mind - his version is soooo much better - It's Michael - he's magical! Can't wait for all the unreleased songs to come! HEE HEE!!!:clapping:

So true!!!

I was a good girl and read aaaallll the pages of the thread before posting my feelings. I just have to say I can really understand people might not like this song, that is fine and we have all the right to disagree. But still don't get us down, please :)

I say I understand you, because I remember the night TII was release. I was there soo worried, and so concerned because by that time, we already knew it was not new, and never meant for the shows, but I still had hopes of something good. As the song came out, my friends loved it... and I HATED IT!! I couldn't stand to the sound of it, and I don't like it yet. So it's fine. We hear/feel different. Nothing wrong.

So far.... I LOVE IT AND I'M ENJOYING IT!!!!
bliss.gif

i haven't read all the 25 pages so sorry if it was posted before but on the first pages i saw that it was discussed from which year this song could be. i found these articles which help a little, i think it was after he came back to the US:

Lenny Kravitz Calls Michael Jackson a 'Beautiful Human Being'

Lenny Kravitz is mourning the loss of Michael Jackson, along with millions. He wrote about his personal memories of the King of Pop, and how, even at the age of 10, Jackson was matching legends like James Brown and Aretha Franklin. Read the full letter below.

There will never be another talent like Michael Jackson. Many people are saying what a performer, what an icon. How many Grammy's he won. How 'Thriller' was the biggest selling album in history. They speak about the controversy and countless other things. But the truth of the matter is he was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice.

Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics. At the age of ten, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level.

I heard somebody on the BBC news tonight say that he was a great singer but didn't have feeling like James Brown. That somebody is not listening carefully. As a child he did it all. Even if he had not done 'Off the Wall' or 'Thriller,' he would still be a genius in my eyes.

I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I've had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being. I am deeply saddened this evening.

He was the first live performer I ever saw. I got to see him at Madison Square Garden when I was eight. If not for him, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. He gave me joy as a child and showed me the way to go. He was music. Period. His hugeness as a star was great but before he was the King of Pop, he'd said it all.

May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give. Lenny.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/06/25/lenny-kravitz-calls-michael-jackson-a-beautiful-human-being/

Recording artist and producer Lenny Kravitz won four straight Grammy Awards for Best Male Vocal Performance from 1998-2001.

I saw the Jackson 5 at Madison Square Garden, which was the first concert I'd ever seen, and they were wearing these knicker pants with these boots that came up to the knees. So I would put these galoshes on and dance around the living room and pretend that I was Michael Jackson. We got together a few years ago and we decided to go into the studio together. I had written a song for him and actually produced the track before he showed up. I played all the instruments, got it ready. We recorded at Marvin Gaye's old studio, up on Sunset Boulevard. We did his vocals for about three days. He was a lot of fun. He stayed for hours. We'd sit on these little stools and eat together and talk. That's where I really got to know him. (See pictures of Smokey Robinson.)

His children were there. They were extremely well behaved. I grew up in an old-school West Indian family, where respect was paramount. And these kids were just like that, full of respect but not robotic. Really sweet. They drew pictures for me and signed them. They were making art all day while we were working. My daughter Zoe came in. We were all together. We played music, we drew, we talked, we ate, we laughed. [He was] extremely respectful toward the chef, the engineers, myself, the kids — just the same to everybody.

I was in Glasgow, coming off the stage before an encore, when I heard the news. I went back on, did the last two songs. Came off and they announced he had died. Coming off the stage like that, when you're amped up and on a high, and hearing that news and having to go downstairs and digest this — it was difficult. I came off stage and went right to my computer and played the track we had done. It was about his life and where he'd been. It's quite triumphant.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/m...1907409_1907413_1907950,00.html#ixzz0bWFYdZTb

I really hate it! :(...Sorry, just my opinion.

Sounds nothing like an "MJ Track"...As someone else stated, it's souless and synthetic...I agree 100%.

You may think so maybe because of the arrangement. My suspicion is that there was just a voice demo and they put all the "instrumental" arrangement over it to "leak" it.

I think this one had "hit" power, unlike This is It or A place with no name

i love THis Is It and Place With No Name. his voice, alone, is amazing, let alone everything else about his presence.

He was music. Period. His hugeness as a star was great but before he was the King of Pop, he'd said it all.

May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give. Lenny.

MSN-Emoticon-sad-182-1.gif

yupe! I listen to the original version of CT and nearly fall asleep.

ZOMFG..this song sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuckin nice.
I have goosebumpsssss. It was the feeling I had when I first heard earth song many years ago! :( I want to hear the full song..... when was this recorded? Was it in recent years? or early 00s?

Wonderful!

:wild: His voice is so beautiful! I feel the emotion bursting through, combining tender vocals with aggressive ones, and they blend so well, only Michael can sing with such skill!
And the whispers at the end :wub: Give us the full song! I don't like to be teased!!!

:clapping:

Last edited:

OMG OMG OMG
Is it recordet from this year?

This sounds like an awesome track :D Goddamn I hope the full version gets released.

Need the full version now !!!!!!!!!! Amazing track luv this MJ style track

at first I'm like mmmmk then chorus came in was like HOLY SHOIT !!!!! attitude mothafuuuuuuuu !! :punk: release this NOW !! :punk:
Same Here, I want MOOOOOOOORE, PLEASE.:wild:

Michael sounds his best!!!!! I LOVE IT, what a GENIUS, Michael has a lot we havent heard YET:yes:, i feel amazing this song could kick off all the singles laid out by new artists, its sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting fr this song already!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

OMG I love the chorus! I hope we get the full version without those stupid DJ "watermarks", it's awesome.

somebody said we will be getting a full version soon..how do we know this?

OMG! He sounds amazing! I want the full version. I'm actually crying...his voice is so perfect here.
dem, is breathtaking

NEW MUSIC, i knew we would have new music from him, but not this SOON!!!!!!!!, im AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

OMG I love the chorus! I hope we get the full version without those stupid DJ "watermarks", it's awesome.
Who knewsabout the DJ, may be Michael aloud it, but how do we know now, anyway i just love MJ's voice.... how incredibly talented man he was, (IS) he's still alive :yes: (through his music) :cheers:

Last edited:

I love the chorus and the vocals, but the verses don't really fit the beat.

i love THis Is It and Place With No Name. his voice, alone, is amazing, let alone everything else about his presence.

Of course, I love them too, I love everything that's him. I was just saying that for the general public/ non-fans, This is it the song was received so so, while a song like this, with good instrumental arrangement/ production (better than this DJ thing) would probably be a hit with the general public.

Of course, I love them too, I love everything that's him. I was just saying that for the general public/ non-fans, This is it the song was received so so, while a song like this, with good instrumental arrangement/ production (better than this DJ thing) would probably be a hit with the general public.

Of course!!
I already love it :D :D

but please.... take away the flaite rapper (flaite is Chilean slang for "pimp".... or rather so :lol:). The general opinion among my mates in Chile is just that: Take the FLAITE away!!

and as for TII.... I admit I am not a fan of This is it...at all :mello:

Release the whole song already
I love his voice _Its so powerful in that chorus

Lenny actually talked about this song last year:

"I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I've had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being."

It was part of an article posted last year the evening of Jun 25th. So glad to finally hear it.. thank you for posting.
Thanks for the info :yes:

Guys, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8SIZR7fYbI same lyrics? lmaoooooo s'like the this is it insanity all over again.
Well Lenny is very very good, but he is not Michael Jackson, i mean...

La Cosa Nostra ??? Not sure...
Is a reference to the Italian mafia, (watch THE GODFATHER trilogy, you'll see ;D )

I LOVE that song!!! I wish they will release it as a single SOON!! Or better yet..I hope there will be an ALBUM soon with songs MJ recorded!!
May God Hear you :angel: :cheeky:

Guys, I know it's hard hearing him in a new song and at the same time think about the fact that he's not with us anymore. BUT please remember, even though we all wish he was still here instead of this, this is things that will help us in our work to keep his legacy alive and will also give us all something to look forward too... with his music he lives on, and even stronger when new songs pop up.
Much love to you all!
Thats it, Michael LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Soooo Excited about this!!! :dance:
And you are not alone there :)

A one of a kind, spectacularly beautiful voice. The level to which he honed his natural singing abilities is equally spectacular.
Yup, its Michael

I love this. It's so powerful! Getting new Michael Jackson music, even if it's just a snippet is like uncovering treasure. :D
Aha :yes:

Afraid so. He was recording better demos in his Hayvenhurst bedroom. This is generic and formulaic. Not befitting the man's superhuman talent.

There's a reason these songs go 'unreleased'. Michael speaks of songs on Invincible being 'acceptable'. This was clearly unacceptable in his opinion. I'd go with the great man's judgement.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion right?

Oh God :doh:, how can you even say "clearly unacceptable", man you got to know one little thing and that is: YOU ARE NOT MICHAEL JACKSON, sorry, is just you arent, therefor you cannot speak for him....
Sorry, but you sound like one of those people stocked on the Thriller era (which is excelent) but but but, Michael was a GENIUS, he was constantly working, creating OTHER STUFF APART OF THRILLER....
Michael himself said Invincible was better than Thriller...

and and and , when Michael says "acceptable" im afraid he was not saying it in the way you say it... he was a CREATOR, he was not negative, he was a perfectionist, even if what he did was excelent, he would call it acceptable(like he did), he himself said he was NEVER SATISFIED... thats why he was Michael Jackson...:yes:

...the best is yet to come...
well Michael said so, :) and I BELIEVE IT :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The song was originally written for MJ by lenny during the invincible sessions, since mj decided not to use the track in any of his albums, lenny decided to use it and make his own version to be released on one of his albums,the song was written for MJ at first,end of story.
Thanks for the info :)

Interesting, and yet in another interview Michael says he thinks Invincible is better than Thriller.

Anyway, he did an interview with USA Today, dated 1st November 2001, written by Edna Gunderson. I have a copy of this, but no link. Anyway one of the questions is

Q: Invincible hasn't enjoyed record-breaking sales. Does Thriller cast too big a
shadow?

A: Absolutely. It is tough because you're competing against yourself. Invincible is just
as good or better than Thriller, in my true, humble opinion. It has more to offer. Music
is what lives and lasts. Invincible has been a great success. When The Nutcracker
Suite was first introduced to the world, it totally bombed. What's important is how the
story ends.

My personal understanding of "acceptable" is what is deemed good enough or up to Michael's very high standards to be on his album.
:agree:

That's why he's a musical genius! He can take any boring, awful song and make it amazing! Like I said before - Come Together comes to mind - his version is soooo much better - It's Michael - he's magical! Can't wait for all the unreleased songs to come! HEE HEE!!!
Yup :yes:

:cry: im speechless, its so beautiful!! :cry:

oh my god!

My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars??

oh god :cry:

Back