New Thriller25 remixes leaked (comments here) [download/streaming links NOT allowed]

Re: New Thriller25 remixes leaked!

I have the Ultimate Collection...:) I'm talking about the vocals in all the remixes!!! Michael's voice is always irreplaceable!

I gotcha. ^_^ LOL It's a'ight for y'all if you dig it. :lol: I'm just gonna keep my piece. That keyboard reverb was ridiculous though.

garbage and a the orginal thriller album is turning over in it's grave and will haunt them Sherm Head turkeys who did there corny parts on the already classics.

Damn, I didn't get to hear em'. I guess I'll just have to wait. Now ya'll who hate them, don't act so surprised that they suck. I already knew they would suck, I don't even have to hear them, I was expecting it. With people like Kanye West, Will.I.Am and Akon fu*king with perfect songs to begin with, all three of em' have, combined, about as much talent as Nancy Sinatra, so the results can't be good. I'm just looking foward to hearing some new vocals from Michael. He has the best voice.

Last edited:

Remixes are not supposed to act as something better than the original. It's supposed to re-mix the song...give it a different air. But non of these are gonna touch the original obviously, but thats why it's hooked on to the ORIGINAL tracklisting.

Remixes are not supposed to act as something better than the original. It's supposed to re-mix the song...give it a different air. But non of these are gonna touch the original obviously, but thats why it's hooked on to the ORIGINAL tracklisting.

break it down, J5master!

Damn, I didn't get to hear em'. I guess I'll just have to wait. Now ya'll who hate them, don't act so surprised that they suck. I already knew they would suck, I don't even have to hear them, I was expecting it. With people like Kanye West, Will.I.Am and Akon fu*king with perfect songs to begin with, all three of em' have, combined, about as much talent as Nancy Sinatra, so the results can't be good. I'm just looking foward to hearing some new vocals from Michael. He has the best voice.

Nicole I wanna say "I told ya so" but I'm afraid Datsymay or somebody like that will "school me" or something. :lol:

Don't be afraid Timmy, speak the truth, lol. Naw, I'm just saying, I didn't expect much and I'm surprised anyone did really, considering who we're working with here.

They don't suck to me! In fact they are really good. No offense to you but its one thing to have an opinion but to express one without even 'hearing' the evidence/song is just loco!

Last edited:

yeah i mean i think at least will i am's remixes are pretty decent...i mean they're just remixes...so just the fact that they are REMIXES, tells me they arent gonna be spectaclar...but i think Will's versions beat ANY remix off of BOTDF lol

I can't wait till the album comes out. THis release obviously isn't for the hardcore fan pop. so ofcourse its not going to sound right to them. Obviously nothing can touch the original versions of the songs but if this re-release familiarizes the younger generation with a classic then its a good thing.

Don't be afraid Timmy, speak the truth, lol. Naw, I'm just saying, I didn't expect much and I'm surprised anyone did really, considering who we're working with here.

I know, right? I hate to say it but the "extras" actually take the fun out of it for me. If the only pleasure from the remixes is hearing Michael's voice in a new light, then so be it, but I still and probably never will like the way they're releasing it. Michael can :censored: up his project if he wants to but for an old-school minded fan like myself, it's a tragedy.

Hey, I'm keeping it real. Might as well. I know I'm not alone when I think this is just "not up-to-par". I dig Mike but it surely don't mean I have to like every little thing he or Epic does. They're doing this so "Thriller" can sell 200 million...and it's not actually working.

I'll be more positive when his a$$ finally confirms doing the London shows, lol. And the new album of course. :D

I DON'T WANT IT LEAKED... I'll listen to it though lol!

I know I'm a hypocrit

Isn't it odd how they've already been leaked? Anyway, I am going to agree with WBSS for a change. How can you remix perfection? They stand on their own today as they did 25 years ago. You don't mess with that.

-D

Again u guys, remixes aren't supposed to TOUCH the original? It's like a different version in order to bump in clubs and stuff...but it's not SUPPOSED to hold a candle to the original. So saying it's not up to par with the old versions is like stating the obvious.

Wow, yall are sooooo judgemental!

These remixes are not intended to replace the original Thriller.

Their sole purpose is to get radio airplay that sparks interest from a new generation and introduces them to the classic album.

I have already heard positive feedback and anticipation from radio peeps who are just waiting to bump those remixes. They gonna be bumping the remixes and the originals back to back. Watch.

Stop whinning. This is gonna be a good year for Michael.

And stuff gets leaked all the time. This is just the breaks in this high tech world we live in.

Last edited:

Since we all know that "The Girl is Mine" is the confirmed first single for the Thriller 25 album, I would like to write my own review of the remix for the people who were unable to hear it tonight/today before it was taken down.

'Jazzy hip-hop beats contrasting with deep, infectious electro house elements compliment the R&B melodies of the original song beautifully, creating an intense and multifaceted sound.

The composition of the contemporary remix, is complimented with the vocals of Will.I.Am who's voice builds to the bridge of the song with the repetition of the words "She Mine" until it is broken with Michaels beautiful sound of "The Dog Garn Girl is Mine".

Keeping with Michael's vocals, there are some added ad-libs, possibly from the original recording heard towards the end of the track, usually just 'michaelesque' vocal tones, none fabricating to any coherent speech.

In it's entirety, the aesthetics of the song keep with the taste of the contemporaneous tastes of todays music industry, with the original song keeping it's absolute uniqueness being 25 years of age.

My Rating - 9/10'

I have already heard positive feedback and anticipation from radio peeps who are just waiting to bump those remixes. They gonna be bumping the remixes and the originals back to back. Watch.

really that's AWESOME! Yes TGIM remix is a BUMPER. I will be BUMPIN that song for a LONG TIME lol. Can't wait!

Oh, yeah, everbody likes that Girl Is Mine remix.

You aint gonna tell me that one is not gonna be tearing up urban radio!

I didn't listen to all the remixes - but I understand where ATLF is coming from--I LOVE The Girl is Mine. I can really see the young folks loving it--it's a club banger.

Isn't it odd how they've already been leaked? Anyway, I am going to agree with WBSS for a change. How can you remix perfection? They stand on their own today as they did 25 years ago. You don't mess with that.

-D

:lol: I don't know why anyone would be shocked that it would be leaked. They were going to just because of interest in hearing the remixes.

-D

Although stuff get leaked all the time, I think in this case could have been 'damage control' after you know what *cough*pics-with-sticy-tapes*cough*. to get peeps back on MJs music! I say this because they were 'leaked' by his PR. Anyway I am glad either way!:)

Well, I might get heat for this but . . .

Some of the comments are coming off as if written by the die-hard Beatles or Elvis fans who can't believe that certain songs are used in commercials or recorded by others or, Heaven forbid, owned by a certain someone.

Thriller was a great album that consisted of great songs for entertainment purposes only. They were meant to get people to dance, to enjoy music, to hum, to sing-along. That's it.

Nothing came out of Thriller that should be worshipped. Just enjoyed. And with that comes attempts to try new things with the beats, melodies, and lyrics. It is entertainment.

There is a new song out featuring a sample of Human Nature. It is great simply because it used a great song to snaz up another song. It's all for entertainment.

Although stuff get leaked all the time, I think in this case could have been 'damage control' after you know what *cough*pics-with-sticy-tapes*cough*. to get peeps back on MJs music! I say this because they were 'leaked' by his PR. Anyway I am glad either way!:)

hahah good theory lol At least we know his PR team is alive, awake, and kickin' LOL

Last edited:

But it's strange how XXL took 'em off if MJ's PR supposedly gave it to them. I hope they didn't put a gun to their heads and just limited the listens so people who actually wanna hear the remixes can hear 'em. :lol: It's already leaked as downloads somewhere.

Well, I might get heat for this but . . .

Some of the comments are coming off as if written by the die-hard Beatles or Elvis fans who can't believe that certain songs are used in commercials or recorded by others or, Heaven forbid, owned by a certain someone.

Thriller was a great album that consisted of great songs for entertainment purposes only. They were meant to get people to dance, to enjoy music, to hum, to sing-along. That's it.

Nothing came out of Thriller that should be worshipped. Just enjoyed. And with that comes attempts to try new things with the beats, melodies, and lyrics. It is entertainment.

There is a new song out featuring a sample of Human Nature. It is great simply because it used a great song to snaz up another song. It's all for entertainment.

Yeah i agree people should lighten up a bit, but thriller was more than just a lil entertainment album. It opened a lot of doors for a lot of people and set the pace for pop music as we know it. So it deserves its props as more than just a 'for entertainment purposes' album. IMO

garbage and a the orginal thriller album is turning over in it's grave and will haunt them Sherm Head turkeys who did there corny parts on the already classics.

That's the truth!

Yeah i agree people should lighten up a bit, but thriller was more than just a lil entertainment album. It opened a lot of doors for a lot of people and set the pace for pop music as we know it. So it deserves its props as more than just a 'for entertainment purposes' album. IMO
Oh, please don't get me wrong, J5master. I agree with the recognition Thriller gets for its influences and records set. But, in the end, it was created for people to enjoy the music. It was about the music.

The reason Thriller grew in terms of popularity and influence was because of the focus on how people could enjoy the music. That ability to enjoy it is what made it so great.

Naturally, people want to see what could be different with the styles. No one is saying it needed improvement by doing this or enjoying any future remixes or samples in other songs. There are many great songs out there that don't interest people in terms of experimenting with it to some extent because the music isn't that flexible.

It all stands as a testament to the diversity of the music on Thriller and how 25 years later that music can still fit into the current music scene. That alone is a testament to Thriller's greatness. It should be embraced and not knocked down.

Last edited:
Back