New Thriller25 remixes leaked (comments here) [download/streaming links NOT allowed]

Re: New Thriller25 remixes leaked!

It bugs me they were released.. Now there is less instentive for fans to buy it.. :(

Especially the ones that did not like them... DAMN IT!

Oh, please don't get me wrong, J5master. I agree with the recognition Thriller gets for its influences and records set. But, in the end, it was created for people to enjoy the music. It was about the music.

The reason Thriller grew in terms of popularity and influence was because of the focus on how people could enjoy the music. That ability to enjoy it is what made it so great.

Naturally, people want to see what could be different with the styles. No one is saying it needed improvement by doing this or enjoying any future remixes or samples in other songs. There are many great songs out there that don't interest people in terms of experimenting with it to some extent because the music isn't that flexible.

It all stands as a testament to the diversity of the music on Thriller and how 25 years later that music can still fit into the current music scene. That alone is a testament to Thriller's greatness. It should be embraced and not knocked down.

:yes: Gotcha :)

Again u guys, remixes aren't supposed to TOUCH the original? It's like a different version in order to bump in clubs and stuff...but it's not SUPPOSED to hold a candle to the original. So saying it's not up to par with the old versions is like stating the obvious.

Yeah i agree people should lighten up a bit, but thriller was more than just a lil entertainment album. It opened a lot of doors for a lot of people and set the pace for pop music as we know it. So it deserves its props as more than just a 'for entertainment purposes' album. IMO

The reasons why I am glad about these remixes are that firstly they are not bad! This is a great achievement for these artists in that they dared to do something different with the biggest selling album of all time! Also a great achievement by MJ to have dared to release something extra to mark 25th anniversary of this amazing album, instead of just re-releasing the same stuff!

Secondly some people have problems with crediting thriller period! So although the remixes are good they don't touch the original which enables people to appreciate how amazing the songs on Thriller really are! I mean its been 25 years and even by remixing with hot/new artists the original are/will always stand out!

Thirdly no matter what anyone may think of these artists like Akon, Will or even Fergie's talents, they are successful artists in their own right. Fergie's debut album continues to do very well and of course its true for the other artists in this remix. Someone out there have been buying these artists work (maybe not some peeps here but that's not the point). By doing so MJ is also accessing Their fan base! Which to me is all good!

So ya' its all good, baby!!!

Last edited:

The reasons why I am glad about these remixes are that firstly they are not bad! This is a great achievement for these artists in that they dared to do something different with the biggest selling album of all time! Also a great achievement by MJ to have dared to release something extra to mark 25th anniversary of this amazing album, instead of just re-releasing the same stuff!

Secondly some people have problems with crediting thriller period! So although the remixes are good they don't touch the original which enables people to appreciate how amazing the songs on Thriller really are! I mean its been 25 years and even by remixing with hot/new artists the original are/will always stand out!

Thirdly no matter what anyone may think of these artists like Akon, Will or even Fergie's talents, they are successful artists in their own right. Fergie's debut album continues to do very well and of course its true for the other artists in this remix. Someone out there have been buying these artists work (maybe not some peeps here but that's not the point). By doing so MJ is also accessing Their fan base! Which to me is all good!

True true and DOUBLE TRUE!

Oi I completely agree- I don't think I can listen to the songs being slaughtered by artists I honestly think are horrid and represent bad bad music. I love and support Michael, but there's something so amiss with this.

I just listened to them and am sorry to say I hated every second of every one. Letting a talentless person like Akon loose on a classic like WBSS is nothing short of sacrilege and sure enough, he slaughters it, taking away any meaning that the song holds. Now it's just a boring song about sex. I hardly have words for the horror of hearing Fergie tear Beat it apart. The only decent one was Kanye's remix of Billie Jean. He's hardly changed a thing. If this is what MJ's album is gonna sound like, I will be heartbroken.

JN

again, ONCE again, these remixes are NOT supposed to even ATTEMPT to over step the original. Think of REMIXES as lesser versions of the same song. And really their only purpose is to either mix it so it's a 'club banger' or update the sound, or give it a new feel. But not because the original needs 'fixing' but to reach a broader audience and draw MORE ATTENTION to the original. There's nothing wrong with MJ or his decision to do this. I have a feeling MJ is totally in TUNE with what's going on in today's music industry and he's working it to his advantage. This can only be a good thing.

I just don't think it's right- it's not just because I personally don't like Akon and Fergie, but it's the type of artist each of these people are. This reeks of a move to gain money and sales- it's selling out, and it's wrong imo.

I just don't think it's right- it's not just because I personally don't like Akon and Fergie, but it's the type of artist each of these people are. This reeks of a move to gain money and sales- it's selling out, and it's wrong imo.

What 'type' of artists are they? I mean if you mean 'rap' artists well MJ worked with B.I.G, Shaq etc b4 so i don't get it. If you mean the 'sexual-content' of most of their song then well... MJ will have noone to work with ever including himself!!:lol: MJ has done some 'sexual' songs its just that he doesn't take it to that level others have, which by the way he didn't allow them to in the remixes anyway. So ya' i don't get it!:lol:

I didn't mean that the songs from "Thriller" are sacred and should never be remixed. I was just saying, IN MY OPINION, since people are so hyper sensitive about stating that in every single post (although it should be obvious considering my stating it doesn't make you change your minds), the people who remixed the songs, Will.I.Am, Kanye West and Akorn, I mean, Akon, in my opinion once again, have little to no talent and I never expected these songs to be anything great or even good and I was saying that the people who are acting shocked and appauled at the disaster they percieve these remixes to be should just chill, because for them to have expected anything more seems unrealistic.

And don't freak out about Michael's album sounding this way. Michael will be singing, Michael will be writing and composing, whoever will only be producing, they won't be the meat of the project. People need to chill out, lol.

Last edited:

I didn't mean that the songs from "Thriller" are sacred and should never be remixed. I was just saying, IN MY OPINION, since people are so hyper sensitive about stating that in every single post (although it should be obvious considering my stating it doesn't make you change your minds), the people who remixed the songs, Will.I.Am, Kanye West and Akorn, I mean, Akon, in my opinion once again, have little to no talent and I never expected these songs to be anything great or even good and I was saying that the people who are acting shocked and appauled at the disaster they percieve these remixes to be should just chill, because for them to have expected anything more seems unrealistic.

And don't freak out about Michael's album sounding this way. Michael will be singing, Michael will be writing and composing, whoever will only be producing, they won't be the meat of the project. People need to chill out, lol.

:yes: If people think they're good, cool, if people think they weren't good, cool. You can't please everyone (sure didn't please me) but that doesn't mean I'm turning my back, lol. IMO, there could've been a better way BUT if this is what he and Epic sees fit, I ain't hating.

Make that money but opinions are gonna always vary around. You know what would've been better? If people like Easy Mo Bee and Gordon Chambers and 'em actually did remixes of songs that never made "Thriller" to INCLUDE with those other tracks and the original track listing, make it like a 3-CD collection and have it be sold under $7.00 so everyone can buy it like they did "Thriller" 25 years before. :) But hey, Epic gonna do what they do and if Mike's ok with it, more power to him, just don't bribe me with it, lol.

But either way you look at it, it's still all good. Either way, hate it or love it, Mike is making press so hey.

Happy 25th, lol. And nWo 4 life, homey.

Last edited:

And hey, Michael isn't selling out. He's working with the industry, which is imperative for any artist to stay current. If they DON'T, then they fade in to oblivian and when good music becomes the trend again (which it will, eventually), they won't be around to make any. Look at Mariah Carey, for example. Her last album reeked (imo), but it kept her current, so when the time comes that people get tired of the trash they pass for music today and they want to hear something with melody and good arrangements, then she'll be around for that too.

Besides, when has Michael ever done music that sounded like the trends of the day? He's only incorporated elements to give it a fresher sound, but his music has never followed a trend or a pattern, he writes with a unique style and over all feel, plain and simple. So don't freak out about his new album.

Last edited:

Yeah! lol, I know it'll be. I mean, Michael said he's doing most of the writing and I believe him.

I went to the link where at. I haven't heard yet, but I think it is stupid for fans to say that they aren't buying because they already downloaded. That's the reason people shouldn't download. What kind of fans are those that do not want to support such a powerful movement... that's what this is all about folks before the real new album drops. Gain positive exposure, more fans, etc. C'mon.

And hey, Michael isn't selling out. He's working with the industry, which is imperative for any artist to stay current. If they DON'T, then they fade in to oblivian and when good music becomes the trend again (which it will, eventually), they won't be around to make any. Look at Mariah Carey, for example. Her last album reeked (imo), but it kept her current, so when the time comes that people get tired of the trash they pass for music today and they want to hear something with melody and good arrangements, then she'll be around for that too.

Besides, when has Michael ever done music that sounded like the trends of the day? He's only incorporated elements to give it a fresher sound, but his music has never followed a trend or a pattern, he writes with a unique style and over all feel, plain and simple. So don't freak out about his new album.

YES, thaannk you. MJ is definitely not selling out. What MJ is doing now is nothing new...he's ALWAYS done this in the past. He wants to sound fresh, he wants to sound current...that is NOT selling out.

What 'type' of artists are they? I mean if you mean 'rap' artists well MJ worked with B.I.G, Shaq etc b4 so i don't get it. If you mean the 'sexual-content' of most of their song then well... MJ will have noone to work with ever including himself!!:lol: MJ has done some 'sexual' songs its just that he doesn't take it to that level others have, which by the way he didn't allow them to in the remixes anyway. So ya' i don't get it!:lol:

No no :p I love rap- this isn't rap though lol . The "type" of artists I meant- they're the ones who are in the game to sell.. who will do anything to sell, and can't hold a candle to hundreds of artists out there who have that true brilliance and true heart in their music.

Don't you find it interesting.. even a little... that all these types seem to have found their way onto this album?

Where are the true tributes to Michael by real artists? The India Arie's? The Talib Kweli's? Stevie Wonder's? Lauryn Hill's? Robin Thicke's? There are hundreds of artists out there like this- even NeYo would have been a more real choice.

But instead, they chose Fergie, Will.I.Am, and Akon? I hope you guys aren't that blind- this is for money and for selling... not for true artistry.

Last edited:

Phuck the b.s., we're gonna celebrate "Thriller" right tonight. In other words, time for me to f**k another thread up.

For those who haven't heard the "Billie Jean" DEMO from '81, you're in for a treat!

default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_1eYWx4fM

Last edited:

oh the tracks were leaked on purpose to see if there was any buzz and no it ain't got none. the acts featured suck and show bad of a idea this was. all of the acts should have MJ write them a song and have them record it.

of course folks are gonna compare the re-mixes with the Original and it is human nature. IMO this is MJ's Middle FInger to Sony and just putting whatever out until he gets his full masters back of Thriller. in truth I think and Feel MJ is laughing and saying sure let these corny turkeys do there thing and they do suck,but so what I give you this and get paid and meanwhile when I get my Masters back you can spin with that wackness.

this Project is a tax write Off IMO. the Frankie Knuckles and Steve Silky Hurley remixes and others from the Dangerous era wipes the floor with these Dookie Balls.

he "type" of artists I meant- they're the ones who are in the game to sell.. who will do anything to sell, and can't hold a candle to hundreds of artists out there who have that true brilliance and true heart in their music.

That's in ur opinion LOl I don't think WILL is in it just for the money, i think he really does love music.

And MJ's 'in the game' to sell too. I mean he loves music but, he wants that dough as well and there's nothing wrong with that. MJ inspired to sell a ridiculous amount of records...thats what he told his brothers and his brothers were like 'pshhhhhhhh' to him. And guess what, he's the TOP SELLING artist of ALL TIME. And he gets a LOT of money for it. And there's nothing wrong for reaching for that money lol. But he does it for the music as well. There's a balance. he's a business man!

I am disgusted by the whining and bitching of so many so called Michael Jackson fans. Want, want and take but you still can'ty quit complaining because you expected more. How selfish, ignorant and rude! These fans don't represent us very well. Most importantly they are not supporting Michael as fans should. This is a happy time... its about celebrating an era, introducing a new generation to that era and buiding upon an already established fanbase to possibly have an even more monstrous comeback album following the Thriller25 promotion. You idiots crying like a bunch of spoiled brats are seemingly wanting to ruin this wonderful idea, pride and campaign before it even begins because you just don't get it! Duh! Okay, I am angry and I need to relax. I am just so hurt by some of these so-called fans selfishness and carelessness.

oh the tracks were leaked on purpose to see if there was any buzz and no it ain't got none. the acts featured suck and show bad of a idea this was. all of the acts should have MJ write them a song and have them record it.

of course folks are gonna compare the re-mixes with the Original and it is human nature. IMO this is MJ's Middle FInger to Sony and just putting whatever out until he gets his full masters back of Thriller. in truth I think and Feel MJ is laughing and saying sure let these corny turkeys do there thing and they do suck,but so what I give you this and get paid and meanwhile when I get my Masters back you can spin with that wackness.

this Project is a tax write Off IMO. the Frankie Knuckles and Steve Silky Hurley remixes and others from the Dangerous era wipes the floor with these Dookie Balls.

Yes and if it makes u wanna hear the original more, than thats great. It brings attention to the original. But remixes aren't made to be better than the original in the first place.

And I doubt that this is any ploy to get back at sony. Tommy Matolla is gone, MJ's beef with sony is over. And again, its ur opinion that they suck :rolleyes: Just cuz u think it sucks, its not good to make up 'excuses' for MJ as to reasons why it sucks to you lol. I mean if u think it's bad, leave it at that. lol

Last edited:

Good point about this being Michael's f-you to Sony/Epic. I didn't think of it like that. :lol: GET THAT MONEY, MONEY MIKE! ;)

Yes and if it makes u wanna hear the original more, than thats great. It brings attention to the original. But remixes aren't made to be better than the original in the first place.

And I doubt that this is any ploy to get back at sony. Tommy Matolla is gone, MJ's beef with sony is over. And again, its ur opinion that they suck :rolleyes: Just cuz u think it sucks, its not good to make up 'excuses' for MJ as to reasons why it sucks to you lol. I mean if u think it's bad, leave it at that. lol
oh MJ ain't being sought after by any labels at this point and it's a known fact that what he said about Sony will always rub some folks in the biz the wrong way.

working with this croup of so called talent is a two for one because it is there suppose talent and creativity over timeless music. I mean Will I Am has built a career on sampling looping as has Fergie, Akon and of course Kayne West. so this should highltight them if they had anything to truly offer right??

i see the bigger picture and this is MJ kiss off to Sony for what they did with Blood on the dancefloor and those remixes which didn't make sense in 97 and these mixes don't make sense now either. it's all about the cash and exposing these Hacks as no talent turkeys. Sony gotta get something out of it once MJ gets all the masters back. milk it with these no talent hacks on board.

I wish he'd release "Hotstreet". I LOVE that song, damn, lol.

And "Niteline" is hot as hell too.

Back