October 30, 2008 [T-Pain/MJ News Merged Here]

um yes i can....they done sold hella albums, they're doing appearances on everyone else's albums, and then those albums sell, and and and....they not too bad looking....i mean, akon ain't...t pain's not bad if u close ur eyes

Uh uh... sorry, you can't make me. I don't care if their asses outsell "Thriller", they still ain't artists, lol.

T-Pain's just worse if you close your eyes. Then your hearing sense gets heightened and its just... ack, ear bleed.

Last edited:
But what if they do end up on his album?

Exactly what I was going to ask.

I'm in between a rock and a hard place because while I loathe how some of these current artists dominate the airwaves and popular music in general, I do respect their art and their talent to a degree. I just think they happen to be overrated. For instance, Teddy Riley was nothing spectacular: he made decent - pretty damn good music and his music usually charted accordingly. And when he worked with MJ, he took it to another level. I would like to see the same thing happen here, the problem is that many of these artists' decent-okay music charts like it's a masterpiece. That is where I have somewhat of an issue.

MJ obviously sees something in these artists or he would not be working with them. And as has been said many times before, this is not like T.I. calling T-Pain up to produce a track for him, or "make a beat for him". This is an album that is being produced by Michael Jackson, and whatever does or does not make it on the album is being worked on with him at the helms of the project.

I mean, I like Akon: I'm not a huge fan and truth be told, I haven't even purchased one of his albums yet. But I really, REALLY like "WBSS '08". That is an Akon track, but it is also very, very much a Michael Jackson track. Akon also remixed a track for India.Arie (I Am Not My Hair) that blew me away.

Everyone has their opinion on these artists and that's perfectly cool and normal, but I think some of you may be surprised at what may come out of the studio if any of these tracks make the final cut, T-Pain, Akon or otherwise.

If they end up on Michael's album, then they end up on his album. Michael is being generous doing anything at this point in his life. And I'll appreciate it, no matter what.

It won't make me like Akon or T-Pain though.

thanks for the pics I'm loving that Michael is going out a lot *--------*
I'm loving to see him!
I love you, Michael!

Ah, I have my opinions about T-Pain, but Mike is the choice maker, so I'll be open to whatever he does. Hell, I'd like him to do something with Kanye West. :cheeky: And I loved "Good Life" by Pain and Kan-man sooo... go for it.

Well, don't be in this thread trying to judge people because they were poor. The majority of black people that live in Oakland are poor, but do you know what artists emerged from Oakland?

1. The Pointer Sisters
2. The Whispers
3. Sheila E
4. MC Hammer
5. Too Short
6. Digital Underground
7. Larry Graham and Graham Central Station
8. Tony Toni Tone
9. 2-Pac
10. Keisha Cole
11. En Vogue
12. Pebbles

They have given the world some very good music, haven't they? Everyone has been dancing to it and singing it, huh? None of them were rich, but all of them have been sharing themselves with the world, so do not look down on those that are poor or those that have lived within the areas called the ghetto.

Rap is some new music that was created in the ghetto just like all of the other dance music. Until the dance music starts coming from somewhere else, and is not a replica of what's been created in the ghetto, then everyone...and I mean everyone...should appreciate where the dance music is coming from and who is creating it. Do not disrespect the poor. Some of the things that have enriched your lives have come from the poor.

T-Pain is not from the poor area of Oakland, but he is from another poor area in another city, and he too is sharing himself with the world and giving people something to dance to.

And about the diamonds (aka ice). If God is the one that placed diamonds in Africa, then doesn't it make sense for the rappers to love God's gift?

Last edited:
Uh, I don't care if they're poor or were poor, lol. I ain't exactly coming from a place of wealth myself. I just think that artistically they are BEYOND weak. I don't ever attack anyone on this board on a personal level.

Exactly what I was going to ask.

I'm in between a rock and a hard place because while I loathe how some of these current artists dominate the airwaves and popular music in general, I do respect their art and their talent to a degree. I just think they happen to be overrated. For instance, Teddy Riley was nothing spectacular: he made decent - pretty damn good music and his music usually charted accordingly. And when he worked with MJ, he took it to another level. I would like to see the same thing happen here, the problem is that many of these artists' decent-okay music charts like it's a masterpiece. That is where I have somewhat of an issue.

MJ obviously sees something in these artists or he would not be working with them. And as has been said many times before, this is not like T.I. calling T-Pain up to produce a track for him, or "make a beat for him". This is an album that is being produced by Michael Jackson, and whatever does or does not make it on the album is being worked on with him at the helms of the project.

I mean, I like Akon: I'm not a huge fan and truth be told, I haven't even purchased one of his albums yet. But I really, REALLY like "WBSS '08". That is an Akon track, but it is also very, very much a Michael Jackson track. Akon also remixed a track for India.Arie (I Am Not My Hair) that blew me away.

Everyone has their opinion on these artists and that's perfectly cool and normal, but I think some of you may be surprised at what may come out of the studio if any of these tracks make the final cut, T-Pain, Akon or otherwise.
While I'm leaning toward "Let's wait til we hear the final product" side (cuz you bet MJ co-produces them tracks), I can understand why some of us feel disappointed at the mere mention of T-Pain and Akon with MJ's future projects. That's becuz I myself don't like all of their music, either:D I think it's cool for Mike to stay fresh with what's hot out there. BUT, it seems that some memebers think T-Pains and Akons nowadays ain't on the level of Teddy Rileys or Darkchilds. If that's the case, I agree. And we've all heard some of their material and judging from that experience makes the kind of response understandable. It ain't like, they've hidden their gems so far until they get to work with MJ and we can anticipate the actual outcome to go bang! and here comes ooh! classic material and we'd be like, "I gotta take a second look at them!"

Most of us don't look down on T-Pain and/or his music based on where he's from. No matter where you from, more talented is more talented and got no talent is go no talent. I don't believe most of us knock T-Pain on the superficial ground even though some of us can still argue that's how some of our minds work underneath the posts. It's not putting MJ well above him in other ways than musically. We all know Mike is from Gary, Indiana and started from nothin.

Last edited:
Back