October 30, 2008 [T-Pain/MJ News Merged Here]

Re: Michael Jackson plus T-Pain

And the crowd goes silent.

:giggle:

Should be interesting to hear the finished product IF either or both of them are selected for the final cut.

Thanks for posting.

lol yeah..

has anyone heard t-pain's latest song ringleader man?
it was released yesterday, i just heard it today

but i think actually like the beat and melody, i just am not a fan of t-pain singing. so if it were mike singing on a song that's something like this (who as we know has the voice of freakin angels) i could seriously be all for it

here's a link for the song. it's explicit (of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwtU2UkCgzE

Please record the song "Stop Playin" that was leaked a few months ago that had vocals by Usher as well. That joint was hot. If you haven't listened to that song yet, make sure that you do. I don't think T-Pain is the greatest producer out there, but that demo was really good.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson plus T-Pain for the new album?

:tease: seen seen, sounds cool :D
im sprung....................

She got me doin da dishes
Anythang she want for some kisses
I'm cookin for her when she gets hungry
She waitin in the back like she want me
She cuttin off all my homies
Even all my other ronnies
She ain't even my main lady
See I been thinking 'bout it lately

got me doin things ill never do if u aint been im tellin u.....

wud still prefer leona, neyo, usher, timbaland, whitney, shud be good tho:wub:

Re: Michael Jackson plus T-Pain for the new album Interview

T-Pain doesn't worry me. Trust me, MJ isn't going to be singing "Shawty Snappin'". MJ likes rap hooks on his tracks and stuff, and T-Pain is one of the best for that. Sure, you may not like his solo material or rap/hip-hop in general, but T-Pain is always pretty good on the hooks or featured part of a track. I would actually like to hear this material.

T-Pain doesn't worry me. Trust me, MJ isn't going to be singing "Shawty Snappin'". MJ likes rap hooks on his tracks and stuff, and T-Pain is one of the best for that. Sure, you may not like his solo material or rap/hip-hop in general, but T-Pain is always pretty good on the hooks or featured part of a track. I would actually like to hear this material.

I agree all of his collabo's have been successful

Everyone who doesn't like T-Pain that's you opinion...w/e! T-Pain's a fresh sound for an era of hip-hop that doesn't really have any direction. MJ knows better, T-Pain's all over the charts, so MJ knows it's only smart to work with him and see what he can do for MJ. I for one am extremely excited to hear that MJ has layed tracks with T-Pain.

Re: October 30, 2008

i found some news here

here is wesite
:http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/zombies-re-enact-thriller-in-times-square/?apage=1

October 30, 2008, 2:13 pm
Zombies Re-enact ‘Thriller’ in Times Square

30dance480.jpg

More than 70 people gathered at Madame Tussaud’s wax museum in Times Square to zombie-dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” in an attempt to break the Guinness world record on Thursday. (Photo: Jennifer 8. Lee/The New York Times)

Updated, 4:53 p.m. | They heeded the call the day before Halloween and came in droves: driving up to four hours, arriving in Times Square when the sky was barely light. They wore tattered clothes, glitter gloves and rhinestone belts.

They showed up at Madame Tussaud’s wax museum for a stated purpose: to break the Guinness world record for the most people doing the “Thriller” dance at the same time (which they believed to be set at 62 in Toronto in 2006, but actually apparently is not that at all).

It was in effect, the Guinness world record that never was.

The 28-year-old dance instructor, Eunice Kindred, shouted orders to her impromptu army of zombies: “Dead. Dead. Dead,” and “Out of the grave. Out of the grave.” (We still think dancing zombies are not as cool as yoga zombies. Downward dog!)

Even as Michael Jackson has spiraled off to a fantasy land, the music he created has proved to have staying power. “Thriller” — both the song and the dance — have lodged in popular imagination, charming many who were not yet born in 1982. The original 14-minute horror video, with its narrative plot line, was more a short film than a true music video.

While Michael Jackson was not at the event, proxies from various points in his career performed in his stead: “Beat-It” Michael Jackson, “Thriller” Michael, and “Black or White” Michael. Garrett Wilson, 17 — the “Black or White” Michael with aviator glasses, Geri-curl and an admirable falsetto — praised Mr. Jackson’s music, saying, “He talks about real issues in his music.”

The “Thriller” album has seen a resurgence on its 25th anniversary, with a commemorative “Thriller” album of the original music and remixes with Kanye West and Fergie. On YouTube, one can find remakes done with Legos (the skeletal Legomen are particularly intriguing) and Bollywood-style, alongside the original. It is arguably one of the most famous music videos ever made, if not the most famous.

The original 1982 review of the album in The Times said:

“It is as hopeful a sign as we have had yet that the destructive barriers that spring up regularly between white and black music — and between whites and blacks — in this culture may be breached once again. Most important of all, it is another signpost on the road to Michael Jackson’s own artistic fulfillment.”

It continued:

Ever since the craze for the castrato in the 17th century, high male voices, with their paradoxical blend of asexuality and sensuousness, ecstasy and pain, have been the most prized of all vocal types, and Mr. Jackson epitomizes such singing for our time better than anyone, in any musical genre.

“I always thought Halloween and ‘Thriller’ fit each other like a glove,” said Mr. Jackson, who turned 50 in on August 29, in a statement issued by the Madam Tussaud event. The period of life when he made “Thriller” was one of the happiest times of his life, he said in an interview with “Good Morning America.”

His birthday did not pass unnoticed in New York. Reva Thomas, 34, organized a tribute on Aug. 23 and Marty Markowitz, the Brooklyn borough president, officially declared “Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, as Michael ‘King of Pop’ Jackson 50th Birthday and 25th Anniversary of ‘Thriller’ Celebration Day.”

On Thursday, Madame Tussaud’s did break the record, as 73 people showed up — which they claimed was a world record.

Many readers have pointed out in comments that many more times that number have performed the Thriller dance elsewhere, including Austin, Texas; Macon, Georgia; and most famously in a Filipino prison. A spokeswoman for the Madam Tussaud’s event explained that an event has to be sanctioned by Guinness before it can break the record. So it’s not enough simply to be a world record in spirit, it must be a Guinness world record. Guinness has online instructions on the application process.

But in fact, City Room did some more poking around, and it seems like that Toronto record has long been broken. In April 2008, a secondary school in England broke the record with 147 dancing zombies. And on October 25, last Saturday, 881 people assembled in Austin to dance as part of the global Thrill the World project, which tried to set a worldwide record of people dancing Thriller. ”

“It does take a while to be officially certified but it does take a while and we have submitted our paperwork. We are officially in the review process,” said Indiana Adams, an organizer for Thrill the World Austin. “They have to verify that everyone in our group signed in and signed out.”

“We just have to see what exactly what our record is because some numbers might have been counted out by Guinness stewards” she said. “I just don’t think 72 is going to stand a chance. Poor things.”

here is website:http://www.theboombox.com/2008/10/30/t-pain-hangs-with-michael-jackson-works-on-king-of-pops-new-al/

T-Pain Hangs With Michael Jackson, Works on King of Pop's New Album
Having collaborated with everyone from Ludacris and Ciara to Chris Brown, T-Pain has worked with most of his peers. So who's left for him to work with? No one, he says. "I pretty much did it already. I did two pieces with Michael Jackson, so I'm pretty much done; my list is all checked off."

And it looks like MJ's upcoming project will have T-Pain's touch. "I just worked on his new album," Pain says. "He actually invited me to his house. So I went to his house and it was pretty much that day where we just hung out ..."

While the vocoder-laced singer/producer seems to be taking his success in stride, he admits that he never imagined he'd have a chance to collaborate with the King of Pop. "I never thought Michael Jackson would ever work with me. He actually sent for me, so that was kind of weird and cool at the same time."

Being a big-time producer does have its benefits. Besides working with Jackson, Pain just returned from working with producer/rapper Kanye West. "I just went down to Hawaii with Kanye for four days and I came back making beats and songs like Kanye, like people can hear it."

Of course, it's not as glamorous as it sounds. "I was working on his album, but it was all work," he says. "So all I saw was the hotel and the studio."

here is website:http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/8...s-up-with-michael-jackson-radiohead-move.html

Kanye West Teams Up With Michael Jackson

Kanye West tells MTV News that like Will.i.am, he’s working on new material for Michael Jackson, explaining, “If I like a person's outlet or what a person brings to the table then I'll speak to them.”
Justin Timberlake has become the first male solo artist this decade to have six Top 40 hits from one album, Billboard reports, following the entry of his most recent single, “Until the End of Time,” on the Top 40 this week. Michael Jackson was the last male artist to achieve this success, with seven singles from Dangerous.

The crowd goes silent and SCRATCHES head at the whole TPAIN affiliation.

Re: October 30, 2008

According to Billboard.biz:

The Beatles On Board With "Rock Band"

Apparently the surviving members and the various trust have decided to take the plunge into videogames. In association with MTV Networks and Harmonix -- the game developer behind the popular "Rock Band" franchise -- together with the Beatle's Apple Corps Ltd., are developing an entirely NEW interactive music game based solely and exclusively on the ENTIRE BEATLES CATALOG. Yes that's right - THE ENTIRE BEATLES CATALOG.

In closing all I can say is: Sony/ATV (MJ) is about to be paid a HUGE amount of money. All together now: CHA-CHING!

LOL!

:yes: Finally :D $$$

Beatles Rock Band: Apple, Harmonix and MTV for Video Game
[SIZE=-1]Product Reviews, UK - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]This is the first time Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Harrisongs Ltd, EMI Music, and Apple Corps have agreed to work together on an interactive video game with ...[/SIZE]

The crowd goes silent and SCRATCHES head at the whole TPAIN affiliation.

Some of the crowd, maybe. I am not surprised and would love to hear some of this material.

Again, these are not going to be T-Pain tracks or whatever.... these are going to be Michael Jackson tracks featuring or co-produced with T-Pain. If you are someone with money to build a dream house, you work with the people building your home to construct your house. The end result will be tailored to your needs, regardless of if this is built by you, built by someone else, or built by you AND someone else. Many artists let Kanye, Dr. Dre, etc. build their house for them and then move in... not MJ. MJ oversees and decides everything. The good thing is this isn't a house: This is music, and if MJ doesn't approve the tracks, they won't end up on the album.

Who hasn't been working on the album?

lol

Please let this article be BS.

preach it brother.

Now , what I have to say is this:

If Michael makes this album just to be good for the kids nowadays with crappy songs ala Lollipop, Live Your Life (or whatever) with bunch of rappers and auto-tune stuff... I will lose respect of him in a way.

And I don't wanna hear ANYONE call me a hater or anything. It is my own opinion.

Cuz Michael Jackson is all THE BEST in music and T-Pain is all THE WORST in music.

My damn opinion again.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of names have been out there. I think Michael is just leaving no stone unturned. He wants to see what some artists have to offer and see if maybe there is any kind of chemistry. There's nothing wrong with that in my mind. I mean if a track doesn't turn out that good, it just doesn't make the album. I think when it's all said and done, the best work that makes the album will be the work that Michael produces himself. I also think that the work with Will.I.Am will be great as well. I think him and Will are a good fit for each other.

lol

preach it brother.

Now , what I have to say is this:

If Michael makes this album just to be good for the kids nowadays with crappy songs ala Lollipop, Live Your Life (or whatever) with bunch of rappers and auto-tune stuff... I will lose respect of him in a way.

And I don't wanna hear ANYONE call me a hater or anything. It is my own opinion.

Cuz Michael Jackson is all THE BEST in music and T-Pain is all THE WORST in music.

My damn opinion again.

:lol: :rollin: Michael Jackson will sell plenty albums no matter what :lol:

hopespringeternal, Lil Wayne whatever sold 1 million in a week - does that make him a good artist?

I fully believe that Michael and T-Pain have done a couple songs together. We have had word that Mike has done stuff with Will.i.am, Akon, Ne-Yo, R Kelly, Teddy Riley, RedONE, Timbaland (questionable), and now T-Pain. Its clear that Michael is just testing every popular producer and seeing who comes up with the best stuff. He may include a variety on his album but nobody knows. Just because a fan doesn't like the music of one of the artists Mike is working with...don't let that get you down because in all odds it wont make the album. I imagine that when its time to select the albums final tracks there will be damn close to 50 finished songs to chose from. Michael wants to impress the world so the music quality has to be high. Give him time, I have a strong feeling that the new album is coming in 2009. I always have believed 09 was the year, just wait and see.

Dr. Dre
Rodney
Timbaland
Pharrell
Puffy Dummy
Polow Da Don
Tha Bizness
The Runners
The Underdogs
Chris Brown
Nelly
Nelly Furtado
Slim Thug
Swishahouse
Three Six Mafia
Robin Thicke
Jon B.
Kanye West...yet
No ID
The-Dream
Beyonce & Jay-Z
Snoop Dogg
Jim Jones

....did I leave somebody out?

The problem is not Lil Wayne...
The problem are the people.They listen and buy it...

Back