October 30, 2008 [T-Pain/MJ News Merged Here]

And it looks like MJ's upcoming project will have T-Pain's touch.

Damn....here's hoping that T-Pain work does not make it to the final cut. I have nothing aganist the dude, but come on. I trust Mike, but Mike is a musician, and artists. T-Pain is ........

However, I love hip hop music. Just not the ones being played on the radio. I also loved the song "Good Life". Great song.

Rockstar, you gotta read the news thread before you posts. One of the articles that you posted was already posted.

Let' go,Mike!Yay!!!!!Sing,Michael!!

"shawty had them apple jeans
boots with the fur
got the whole club lookin at her
she hit the flo next thing you know
shawty got low low low low low low low low
them baggy sweat pants
and them rebox with the straps
she turn around and gave that big booty a slap
she hit the flo next thing ya know
shawty got low low low low low low low low"​
:dancin: :dancin: :dancin: :dancin:

:ph34r:

boots with the fur
them baggy sweat pants
she hit the flo next thing ya know

:lol:....

:girl_dance:...

tpainnewsong

The guy looks like a straight up clown. He looks buffornary. (sp) Gosh.... and the media calls MJ "freaky". T-Pain won that title.

I don't know if I could forgive Michael if he makes a song with T-Pain.
I mean even a pop record like "Chris Brown - kiss kiss" is no way in the MJ zone.

However, artists like Akon & T-pain could make him "cool" with the kids that didn't grew up listening to his music.

I dunno man, I will not lose my mind too much until I've heard a new MJ album.

Michael need anthems, he should go to Danjahandz.

Watsdamatter? Yall scared MJ gonna be singing about buying yall a draaaaank?! Hmmmmm?

LOL. I know I am not scared about Mike singing about getting drunk. Heck, he probably likes those types of songs. Hehehehehe. However, if it was another urban artist whose has real talent, I would not have a problem with it. I just think that Mike is trying to work with the "hottest" acts out there just to be played on corrupt radio and not working with true artists who make real music. I love it when MJ works with the hip hop community because he shows that he is really musically diverse, but T-Pain? *shudders*

Watsdamatter? Yall scared MJ gonna be singing about buying yall a draaaaank?! Hmmmmm?
Lol! :tease::lol:

Naw, I'm just scared that Michael will lose that monstrosity and epicness.
I have no fear what so ever that Michael would ever go out and sing about mackin' hoes and pop bottles in the clubs. It's just that, T-Pain is "lazy music" to me.
It would be a fun song by letting Michael speak his mind and curse and shit, but I dunno... let a playa' play.

boots with the fur
them baggy sweat pants
she hit the flo next thing ya know​

Go, Michael
Go, Michael
Its ur birthday
Go, Michael...

Give my lil booty a big slap, daddy!
:innocent:
ok, sorry! I'll cool off :smilerolleyes:

tpainnewsong

The guy looks like a straight up clown. He looks buffornary. (sp) Gosh.... and the media calls MJ "freaky". T-Pain won that title.

Couldnt agree more... :doh: Those rappers come from the ghetto, from poverty, and when they get rich all they think about is "buying ice", those hideous grills and tacky extra-large pendants to hang from their neck...and they think its pretty! If at least they spent it on something worthwhile or helped poor people...

I think it was T-Pain who on the last VMA (or was it at the Grammy's? :scratch: ) performed the whole time with his pants almost down his knees.... I mean...there are kids watching, and no one wants to "check out his package".
He's rich! Why, instead of buying tacky jewelry, doesnt he buy pants that actually fit him or a BELT for God's sake?? :doh:

I dont know how come Michael is the freaky one, at least he knows how to (fully) dress and is always very ellegant.

No one is 'superior' to anyone. And why is everyone who Michael wants to work with a dork? Or worse...
Michael has always worked with other people. Let the man do what he wants. And if things are finished, then give an opinion, not before anyone has heard a single note of music.

I agree, and while I am NOT a fan of Rap and Hip Hop music by any stretch of the imagination, bar one or two individuals, I have to trust Michael Jackson here.

Like any great artist, Michael will not be put in a box to regurgitate what he has already done. I highly doubt there will be a 'Thriller II', 'Bad - The Sequel', 'Off the Wall Once Again', 'Too Dangerous' or a 'HIStory Repeats HIMself' project.

Fans should know by now that Michael loves to experiment with new sounds and effects. He is also going to put together a LOT of music and then select the ones for his CD.

While I get that peeps are protected of MJ, I would like to think that he knows what he is doing.

wow..lol..i feel like i am getting a last laugh here, cus MJ DID work with TPain.

and when it's time to give opinions on the finished product, i hope people can be objective, as if they woke up from a long sleep and are hearing the music for the first time, and don't know who either MJ is, or tpain is. i realize..that may be asking a lot. lol

Let's be honest here, nobody who MJ works with is universally loved. There are MJ fans who hated Rodney Jerkins, there are people who hate Akon, there are people who hate will.i.am, there are people who hate Kanye...
It's like that old saying: "You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

I wonder what people who were our age in the late-80's/early 90's thought when MJ and Q broke off and MJ started working with Teddy Riley... a relatively minor-league guy with hip-hop (New Jack Swing) production.

There are MJ fans who hated Rodney Jerkins,
and many still dislike his work.

there's having xenophobic-like attitudes in music or fear of the unknown, and there's reasonable criticism. you can't analogise Teddy Riley collabs with the likes of Rodney Jerkins or T-Pain and other Konvicts. league conflicts lol

then again, if someone told us that Mike were to work with a very little-known producer who had one fun hit a decade ago (with little other contribution to music) and then Break Of Dawn emerges from that collab, it should keep anyone in check who prejudges MJ tunes.

i dislike both the "faith" argument and the prejudging. none make sense to me since collab outcomes are so unpredictable, even to the artists involved. and we all need to remember they are co-producers when it comes to Mike.

tbh i dont care about all these lists of ppl hes supposedly working with because you can bet that 99% of those names mentioned will never get anywhere near the album.the only time ill be really intrested is when its actually anounced that they will be on track x y or z.

Those rappers come from the ghetto, from poverty, and when they get rich all they think about is "buying ice", those hideous grills and tacky extra-large pendants to hang from their neck...and they think its pretty! If at least they spent it on something worthwhile or helped poor people...

To be fair, not all rappers that come from the ghetto or the hood or the projects act like that. A lot of these rappers do give back to the community like Kanye, Ludacris, David Banner, T.I. etc. etc. Now, I agree with you, sort of, regarding the jewerly. I cannot understand the big hoopla of rappers and their obsession with ice. They rap about it in their music, sport it in their music videos and make it seem like it is a way of life. There are plenty of misguided kids that see these people and think this is the way of life and it is clearly not. They have to work for it.

I dont know how come Michael is the freaky one, at least he knows how to (fully) dress and is always very ellegant

Because the media expects him to act a certain way and he doesn't. These rappers can act a fool and majority of the media is not going to pay them any mind. They figure, "hey, he is a clown, this is what we expect from them." However, they see MJ and they can't understand why he isn't like a lot of performers out there doing the "in" thing.

tbh i dont care about all these lists of ppl hes supposedly working with because you can bet that 99% of those names mentioned will never get anywhere near the album.the only time ill be really intrested is when its actually anounced that they will be on track x y or z.
Yeah I agree, still not feeling Akon but we shall see once its done

Lol! :tease::lol:

At the rate of his sampling everybody and their mama, it's gonna sound like
L'll ...L'll ...Little Lollilop in the... cookie jar... meets.. bartender :lol:

y'all trip for nothing.

number ONE.....most of the people in the vids sporting ice don't even own it. it's made for them but they don't own it. it's for the vid or they rent it for award shows....same goes for the cars. don't u find it a lil odd that it's their first single and they're blinging from head to toe and sporting a new car in they vid yet no one even knows them yet?

it's all about bluffing. they bluff till they get it. fake it till u make it. and sorry but every artist isn't down for charity. they take care of their family and their crew and that's it. that's more than enough money coming out of their pockets.

u want charity, listen to country. they all about that.

When Michael Jackson went back home to Gary, Indiana on Wednesday, June 13, 2003, the vast majority of the guys that came out their houses to welcome him "home" looked like those rappers, didn't they? A lot of them were wearing hoodies, weren't they? They just didn't have the money to buy diamonds. There is no way that anyone can look at footage of the day that Michael went home, and not see that he emerged from the very type of guys that some of his fans hate.

He comes from the same life of poverty that the rappers are coming from. Him being around them should not be shocking or surprising to anyone that knows where he is from.

He was not born at Neverland. He was not born at Havenhurst. He was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was poor too. And just because he has become the most famous man in the world and is now known as the King of Pop, does not mean that he is going to start turning his back on the part of his life that some of his fans outside of the ghetto hate.

Those of you that are doing this, are asking for too much.

Last edited:
It ain't about that. These acts just suck and don't deserve to be in the same studio as Michael. But I'm not fretting, like elusive said, the likelyhood that they'll even make it on the album is basically zero.

When Michael Jackson went back home to Gary, Indiana on Wednesday, June 13, 2003, the vast majority of the guys that came out their houses to welcome him "home" looked like those rappers, didn't they? A lot of them were wearing hoodies, weren't they? They just didn't have the money to buy diamonds. There is no way that anyone can look at footage of the day that Michael went home, and not see that he emerged from the very type of guys that some of his fans hate.

He comes from the same life of poverty that the rappers are coming from. Him being around them should not be shocking or surprising to anyone that knows where he is from.

He was not born at Neverland. He was not born at Havenhurst. He was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was poor too. And just because he has become the most famous man in the world and is now known as the King of Pop, does not mean that he is going to start turning his back on the part of his life that some of his fans outside of the ghetto hate.

Those of you that are doing this, are asking for too much.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Still gotta keep in mind that Michael has never been the type of recording artist that looks down on other artists. He just is not like that. He never was like that.

Some of the rappers may have gone off track, but not all of them followed. Also, when Eminem put Michael's life in danger while he was already fighting for it, who do you think were the main people getting on Eminem for doing that to MJ? It was the rappers that were letting Eminem know that what he did was not cool. That's why Eminem started apologizing to MJ so fast.

Back