Off The Wall or Thriller

Which album do you prefer?

• Off The Wall

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • Thriller

Votes: 85 66.4%

• Total voters
The performances for Thriller are more dynamic, but OTW edges it out just a little as my fav.

This is hard..I like them both equally along with Bad..but If I can choose one over the other, it would be Thriller because every song on there is KILLER!! Off the Wall is closely behind followed by Bad..

Last edited:
Thriller.
No song on Off The Wall bar Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough or Rock With You come close to anything on Thriller, IMO.

I have to say Thriller... although Off The Wall is awesome :D

Off the Wall for me. I listen to it a lot more than I listen to Thriller.

For me, OTW was simply exceptional and Thriller simply surpassed it. I love OTW, but Thriller just feels more 'complete' to me... like an OTW that has been improved in almost every way. Sure, it might have been more calculated than OTW, but for me, Thriller struck the perfect balance between the calculation of his later work and the 'freer' sound of his earlier work. Almost every Thriller song is among my all-time favourite MJ songs (top twenty, say), which I can't really say of any other MJ album other than OTW.

off the wall...its when the world finally took notice that michael jackson was no longer a child star-he was a man and a force to be reckoned with!

dont stop til you get enough,..rock with you...working day and night...off the wall...i cant help it..those are all classic songs and mj did his thing

also he seemed happiest during the off the wall era...and it was the prerequisite before thriller..without an off the wall there never would have even been a thriller

I really like Off the Wall, I love the funk and R&B elements in it. I really like Thriller, too. I love all of the rock, R&B and pop elements to it. But I voted for Thriller because, out of the two albums that one has more songs that I listen to on repeat. (Human Nature, Billie Jean, Beat It, Lady of My Life, Beat It... etc. etc.)

Hands down, for me it´s "Off the Wall". This is my favorite MJ album

Back