'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

well guys, its finally in its new home. I found this cracking stand for it from a shop in the uk www.cranesmusicstore.com. it fits perfectly.

Although i had to move my room about so it was sitting just right so i have made an MJ Wall and the opus sits pride of place in the middle :). tell me all what you think !

:)

Image0777.jpg

Image0803.jpg

Image0806.jpg

Image0809.jpg

Hi there
I have a confession about i really hope im not the only one but i havent been able to look at my opus been sitting there way before xmas,i still cant believe anything and im in so much pain and numb by it all,i just wanted to see if anyone else has done this,i love michael so much but this is so hard,i want to be like i used to be a huge fan play his music,watched his dvds,look at his books,everything that was to do with michael i was there,but since 25 june that all change,i just breakdown all the time, i cant listen to his music or anything i feel like i am not a true fan anymore and that breaks me into bits as i love michael more then then words can say,and with this opus mu god before all this i would i been looking at it everyday and smiling at the pictures and everything,but for me everything is so different,i have got to open my book at some point to check for damages and that but its so hard........sorry guys hope i dont get shouted at though i just wanted to be honest as i love this board to bits :cry: xoxo

I know the feeling sweetie don't feel bad, the diference is that I can't look into my Opus 'cause I don't have it yet hee hee, but sure it'll be hard.

well guys, its finally in its new home. I found this cracking stand for it from a shop in the uk www.cranesmusicstore.com. it fits perfectly.

Although i had to move my room about so it was sitting just right so i have made an MJ Wall and the opus sits pride of place in the middle :). tell me all what you think !

That is beautiful!!!!

Image0777.jpg

Image0803.jpg

Image0806.jpg

Image0809.jpg

Wow your wall is just amazing! It makes my MJ door look so pitiful in comparison!

thanks again everyone, that has taken a lot of time to have it just right :) its a good feeling waking up to it every morning :)

tasteful not tacky hehe

Image0777.jpg

Image0803.jpg

Image0806.jpg

Image0809.jpg

I L.O.V.E your room! so cool! ;)

well my damage is inside..it is i think not journey damage but it came out like this from the fabric. they did not put material on that part (from the red material) so i can see the white cardboard...
i will make better photos and send to Opus..and ask for a new one. hope it will work
I also found some damages inside … I can see the white thread that binds the book on certain pages … it’s just ridiculous it seems like its falling apart … when I have the book standing and I’m looking at it from above it looks like all the pages are curved somehow. Some pages are shorter than other and it’s like dust or something on every single black page but you can just clean it with the one Glove which is not enough for turning the pages…

Hi there
I have a confession about i really hope im not the only one but i havent been able to look at my opus been sitting there way before xmas,i still cant believe anything and im in so much pain and numb by it all,i just wanted to see if anyone else has done this,i love michael so much but this is so hard,i want to be like i used to be a huge fan play his music,watched his dvds,look at his books,everything that was to do with michael i was there,but since 25 june that all change,i just breakdown all the time, i cant listen to his music or anything i feel like i am not a true fan anymore and that breaks me into bits as i love michael more then then words can say,and with this opus mu god before all this i would i been looking at it everyday and smiling at the pictures and everything,but for me everything is so different,i have got to open my book at some point to check for damages and that but its so hard........sorry guys hope i dont get shouted at though i just wanted to be honest as i love this board to bits :cry: xoxo

Oh dear :hug:
I am always surprised to see the many different forms pain might take. For some of us is just a feeling of emptiness. For others it might be anger, fear, guilty or denial.

I can really understand your feelings and fears, even if I don't have my Opus yet. In fact, I am so eagerly waiting for this to arrive, that I wonder what I will face the minute I finally have it. I think in time you will find the courage to open it and, hopefully, enjoy it. The fact you are not able to do so now, or not to listen to his music, etc., doesn't make you a bad fan at all. Why would you be so?

Do you think bad fans feel this pain for Michael, for the man? Do you think everyone claiming how great MJ is WAS really aware of the man behind Michael? :no: Your pain is the form your deep love for Michael is taking in this moment. And eyyyy!!! These are the worst times EVER for any one really loving Michael.

Please, don't be so hard with yourself. You have already enough with your pain. Don't do it :hug: You love Michael, you know it in your heart. Do you think the more MJ songs we hear, the better fans we are? No, dear... love is much more than listening to songs or reading books. You know it in your heart.

That's all that matter.

well, still no opus here.. called the local FedEx office today (in Moscow, Russia), they couldn't even find the tracking numbers in their system (I ordered two books - for my friend and myself). They said that apparently my books are stuck in the British FedEx office but they can't be 100 per cent sure and I better check with the sender. So I emailed the British FedEx. Hopefully there'll be some responce...

Wowowww... your room really rocks!!!
The Opus is simply the perfect companion :yes:

thanks pcr :) it was meant to be there i love it

it really like having a piece of Michael :)

happy happy happy !

Hi, friends,

Cali, a MJ fan a the michaljackson.com forum , is doing her best to keep us update. In fact, she is doing so much that Kraken must be relying on her to inform us, which is a shame. She spends money calling them and then she publishes what she knows... WHAT IS THIS??? Doesn't Kraken have ALL our emails??

:angry:

Anyway, here is her last update:

January 14th
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

If you copy/paste any portion of this message, please ALSO include the link to this page: http://calimjfan.blogspot.com/2009/12/repost-opusdelivery-status-by-country.html as updates will appear there by country.

This update is only for those who meet this PRE-ORDER criteria:
1. Ordered through Ticketmaster or Kraken Opus directly, AND
2. Ordered prior to December 7th, AND
3. Have not received information about their outstanding Pre-order by country.

This does NOT pertain to:
1. Orders via vendors such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, MichaelJackson.com AND/OR
2. Orders placed after December 7th, 2009.
For customers who ordered after December 7th, I would ask that you remain patient and please understand OMG is trying to fulfill orders originating almost 5 months ago with a pre-Christmas delivery promise. I know that is not a pleasant pill to swallow, but given the orders, I do hope you can remain patient.

This is per my phone conversation with Andy this morning, January 14th.

I have asked to act as a go-between for country updates for PRE-orders deliveries and will post this and future updates on my blog, MJ.com and Max-Jas as I am updated. Also, remember, I am a customer and am in no way affiliated with Kraken Opus, TM or any other company involved with this. So this call was at my expense and on your behalf.

At my request, and because of your complaints of not getting returned emails, Andy has agreed to provide some information this way. In the conversation, I expressed the delivery concerns from your point of view, and now I am asking each of you to hold off on the emails for delivery issues addressed specifically below. HE IS REALLY TRYING !!! He spent a great deal of time on the phone with me this morning discussing the deliveries and was VERY nice. He is still working behind-the-scenes on the delivery issues and that will not change because of this.

You have been upset about no replies on delivery, well, here's a quick solution for you. So I am asking for us to be fair to Andy now that we have this line open and I (not Andy) am PERSONALLY asking that you hold off on emails about delivery until the dates listed below. Everyone, deal?

Please keep in mind, these updates are NOT related to the other concerns we have addressed (gloves, price, weight, centerfold, etc). We will address those after the delivery issues slow (and I'm not sure who that is going to be with). OK?

So here goes....

Countries where Andy is awaiting tracking information within 48 hours, and delivery is expected by or before next Friday, Jan 22nd. He will update me when tracking is received. He also has the emails set up and ready to send the minute that information is given to him.
Australia
India
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
South Africa
South America
United Arab Emirates

Russia and Ukraine Update:
Andy is working on correcting the waybills with Customs, which as you already know may or may not solve the problem you are facing with the fees. He is ALSO working on other ways, which he should know something within 48 hours. Once the final solution comes, he will email me. I have explained there are now two categories of customers: One who has not yet paid the customs fees (like Justice Rainger) and one who has paid the custom fees (like @Russia & I think Fiona). Once there is a solution reached, we will get information posted so everyone knows how to address any issues. So, in short, Russia and Ukraine, PLEASE HANG ON... Don't worry about the storage fees. Something will happen soon and I'll get you the answers as soon as Andy knows them. OK?

Countries where deliveries are outstanding on my blog but have been delivered to all customers from the PRE-orders.
Bulgaria
Ireland

And yes, by the way, I did tell him I was "Cali MJ Fan" and told him about my blog. LOL

Much L.O.V.E. to you all.. hang in there. We are in the home-stretch! YAY!
Cali
/end Jan 14th update

Really... a shame on Kraken.

well, still no opus here.. called the local FedEx office today (in Moscow, Russia), they couldn't even find the tracking numbers in their system (I ordered two books - for my friend and myself). They said that apparently my books are stuck in the British FedEx office but they can't be 100 per cent sure and I better check with the sender. So I emailed the British FedEx. Hopefully there'll be some responce...

Hi, Kathi,
Here's the update Cali (a MJ fan) got from Kraken about Russia and Ukraine

Russia and Ukraine Update:
Andy is working on correcting the waybills with Customs, which as you already know may or may not solve the problem you are facing with the fees. He is ALSO working on other ways, which he should know something within 48 hours. Once the final solution comes, he will email me. I have explained there are now two categories of customers: One who has not yet paid the customs fees (like Justice Rainger) and one who has paid the custom fees (like @Russia & I think Fiona). Once there is a solution reached, we will get information posted so everyone knows how to address any issues. So, in short, Russia and Ukraine, PLEASE HANG ON... Don't worry about the storage fees. Something will happen soon and I'll get you the answers as soon as Andy knows them. OK?

If you copy/paste any portion of this message, please ALSO include the link to this page: http://calimjfan.blogspot.com/2009/12/repost-opusdelivery-status-by-country.html as updates will appear there by country.

Now... great job from Cali, but... why don't Kraken inform YOU directly if they have ALL our contact information?? :angry: They just keep on asking for us to be patient, but... well, I am sorry!!! Kraken was never forced to offer the book before Xmas, so?

Hi, Kathi,
Here's the update Cali (a MJ fan) got from Kraken about Russia and Ukraine

(....)

Now... great job from Cali, but... why don't Kraken inform YOU directly if they have ALL our contact information?? :angry: They just keep on asking for us to be patient, but... well, I am sorry!!! Kraken was never forced to offer the book before Xmas, so?

Thanks for this info!! It's VERY helpful! Cali is doing a great job and I think Kraken should pay her salary!!!

So the problem with waybills really exists then.. I hoped it was a rumour.. Or at least a mistake with just one order.. But it looks like Kraken keeps messing up. I think they all should be fired.

The problem with waybills is rather huge actually. The amount of customs fees depends on the cost of a product, and even though everyone paid 165 USD plus 28 USD for delivery, Kraken wrote in the waybill that Opus costs 200 UK pounds! Can you believe it? It's twice more expensive than the correct price.

Thank god they are correcting it!

Last edited:
This is one of my favourite threads here as it's great to see more and more of you getting the Opus! :clapping: Too bad many still have to wait... :(

I can't be bothered to call about the second glove. It's easier just to buy a pair of cotton cleaning gloves from a supermarket. And if they are not answering e-mails then I guess it's no use e-mailing either. But what's with the reality card? Are we to print it out? As in what... On an ordinary A4 white sheet? I won't be calling for that either as the phone bill would become too high. I'll e-mail eventually if no instructions as to how to get the card arrive but as of now I'll just wait.

I can't remember any big problems with my Opus. Some minor stuff but nothing to complain about. It's a crying shame some of you have got opuses with a number of faults... :(

Here's to hoping all of you still waiting will see your Opuses soon! :)

Just received mine today finally!

Here are some pics I took with my iPhone! Hope you enjoy them :)

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Just received mine today finally!

Here are some pics I took with my iPhone! Hope you enjoy them :)

IMG_0216.jpg

:eek:

How beutiful!! Thanks for this.
Well... I might still wait a couple of days for mine.
This is such a nice book... hope yours is in mint condition :D

hahaha yea i put it there to show how big it is compared to the magazine

I am even more impressed with the look on your face (that's you right?) while you're holding the book. :D Opus does look heavy!!! wow. Can't wait to get it :) Even though I might have to move out of my flat to make some room for Opus!

Well... I might still wait a couple of days for mine.
Can you imagine the day when we'll finally come to this thread not to admire other people's photos but to share ours?? Wow, that will be a great day :wild:

The problem with waybills is rather huge actually. The amount of customs fees depends on the cost of a product, and even though everyone paid 165 USD plus 28 USD for delivery, Kraken wrote in the waybill that Opus costs 200 UK pounds! Can you believe it? It's twice more expensive than the correct price.

Thank god they are correcting it!

Well... all this is far beyond my humble understanding.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the cost for shipping a 12 kilos book to South America using FedEx will NEVER be USD$28. Never. In my case I was even asked for more (USD$50), just because I bought this directly to them, but still, strange considering the huge book this is.

If I were to buy the Opus at michaeljackson.com, the shipping cost is almost USD$132, plus almost USD$91 in taxes. For a book of USD$229. This is crazy, but I was aware of taxes (not the exact amount).

So what is the problem with Kraken? Didn't they know Chile is on the ooooother side of the world, some 18+ hours flight from London and some 27+ hours flight from China? Or they were just willing to take the money as soon as possible, afraid of the MJ hype to decrease and they might loose some clients? :ermm:

I am even more impressed with the look on your face (that's you right?) while you're holding the book. :D Opus does look heavy!!! wow. Can't wait to get it :) Even though I might have to move out of my flat to make some room for Opus!

Can you imagine the day when we'll finally come to this thread not to admire other people's photos but to share ours?? Wow, that will be a great day :wild:

Wowww, yes!!!
And remember: we must drink a Coca Cola to honor the day. I will have my little French champagne also on hand :lol:

Yea that's me. It sure is heavy (12kg or something) but the face is a bit of exaggeration hahahaha

Back